If you havent already seen it this list has a few more obscure options, maybe one would be right for your needs: https://bikepacking.com/index/comfort-mtb-handlebars/. Retail for $75 details about bar size in photo, Hey there! Velo Orange Klunker (45d) The same bar in ti is available for $360 (see main image) and for a similar version with a hook, check out the Razorbar Plus. The Whisky Winston handlebar is a completely new breed of comfort bar, or a performance carbon moustache bar, if you will. The latter is especially the case if youre making the move to wider handlebars. Rolling around NYC with the bike loaded was just as pleasurable as unloaded which makes me think this bike would be a great candidate for light bikepacking or road touring alike. However, if youre set on the Jones Loop you can always add aerobars. Free Shipping forRetailcustomers with subtotals over $150:Velo Orange offers free shipping to the lower 48 States for retail orders with a subtotal of at least $150. Copyright 2023 Exploring Wild, All Rights Reserved. Ti Cycles Double S (30d) Free shipping discount may not apply. This is the trees equivalent of exercising and gaining strength, not unlike people going to the gym and biking. Chaos. klunker handlebars. I worked with a mountain bike physical therapy coach who provided a couple of recommendations specific to fit and components. Report a problem. According to Velo Orange, this combo creates the perfect balance of leverage for out of the saddle climbs and natural wrist positioning for regular riding. Additionally, the grip area on the bars is longer, providing more room for brakes, shifters, dropper levers, bells, or even longer grips. It is made from Chromoly steel, is 666mm wide, and has a lazy 53-degree back sweep. Great bar bike or in town cruiser. Velo-Orange Klunker Black 25.4mm Handlebar Commuter Urban Tour Cruiser Bicycle. We welcome bicyclists of all skill levels including those who don't yet own a bike. Surly Open Bar (53d) The Woodchipper 2 handlebars will set you back US $75. The position with the loop is perfect for me. Funn G-Wide (6d) Skip to content Pause slideshowPlay slideshow Free Shipping to the lower 48 States for USA orders over $150! You may have guessed this considering we dont review a ton of handlebars independently. Also like the original Loop, it is offered in black or silver colors options, 660mm or 710mm widths, 31.8mm clamp diameter, and standard 22.2mm grip area diameter for flat bar/mountain bike controls. Velo-Orange Klunker Black 25.4mm Handlebar Commuter Urban Tour Cruiser Bicycle (4) $75.00 Free shipping Velo Orange Klunker Handlebar 25.4 Clamp 45 Sweep 76mm Rise 680mm width Steel (1) $75.00 $8.99 shipping Velo Orange Curvy Handlebar 31.8 30 Degree Sweep 0mm Rise 680mm Width Silver $53.87 Free shipping 3 watching My wifes bike is a fisher Klunker replica from the mid-90s. that brings up the question ofwhat kind of frame? With so many variables to consider, nothing beats sampling different models over a series of long rides. Modern trail bikes favour wider cockpits. Velo Orange Klunker Bars. There are Cut and Bend versions too, but the original Loop is most popular and comes in a variety of material, width, and rise options. Handmade by Oddity Cycles for MON in Colorado, the Oddmon Bar is one the highest end bars they offer. This offers a lighter bar with a more compliant feel, at the cost of some hand positions and real estate (the Loop is ideal for lights and a GPS etc). Price includes US shipping. Measuring the hight of both bars compared to the ground, I realized moloko is 3cm lower. If youre looking for ergonomic hand positions and all-day riding comfort for your pedal-powered adventures, its hard to go wrong with either! The Crazy. Show. Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. Humpert Space Bugel Click here to read the full conversation. Im up-right enough for work commutes and forward enough for trails. Just be sure to consider the shape of the bar too some bend straight back, others curve forward first which may require experimenting with different stem lengths, depending on whether you want to keep a similar reach across your cockpit or bring it in for a more upright riding position. Surly Open Bar (53d) Ti Cycles Double S (30d) . We have over 300 original and curated bikepacking routes in our global network spanning nearly 50 countries. That said, if you have enough spacers under your stem you can use a steerer-mounted accessory bar for mounting your handlebar bag. -Handbuilt wheels, State Klunker Bike Surly BikesBikes. Let's examine the top secret Honda bicycle gearboxes and find out how they all work. For example, we mounted a Revelate Harness on my husbands Jones Loop bar with zero modifications, and took it on a monthlong trip in Central Asia with no issues. It makes a great cruiser for town, but can still shred down the mountain. Most are made from 4130 Chromoly steel, require shims for 31.8mm stems, and have a variety of different high-end finish optionsfrom nickel plated to powder coats, and even clear Cerakote for those that want to show off those smooth fillet brazing. The bar is excellent for strapping things to given its generous real estate, and without luggage, theres ample roomfor mounting accessories like your lights or GPS. Great comparison of the two bars that still leaves me torn! Plus, its bent three times, which makes it three times the fun. MTB compatibility: Because these bars are variations on the flat bar style commonly used on mountain bikes, they work most naturally with MTB brakes and shifters. They are constructed from 2014 Alloy, use an updated 31.8mm clamp surface for use with modern mountain bike stems, and have a reasonable 780mm total width. Theres more where this came from! Note that theres no forward sweep, so you may prefer a slightly longer stem, unless you like a shorter reach. This means the hand positions closer to the loop / middle are stretched forward from the stem compared to a standard flat MTB bar (though note that backsweep puts the ends of the bar closer to the rider than a standard flat bar). This bar is on my fatbike for onroad and offroad. A 83mm rise, 14.7-degree backsweep, 6.7-degree upsweep and weighs in at 778 grams, including the shims. Learned a lot. $ Great Divide Bikepacking Route: Essential Q&A. . No coupon code required for this deal. With this offering, we have dispensed with shims so the bar bulges to a 31.8mm diameter at the clamp. For those of us with smaller budgets, the aluminum Jones and steel Surly are roughly comparable in weight (Jones is a bit lighter, especially the butted aluminum version) and price. Bullhorns: The Moloko conspicuously includes mini-bullhorns (the straight extensions at the front of the loop) while the Jones Loop does not. I think the VO has a little more backsweep. In stock now at VO and your local dealer. Additionally, there is enough room between the bullhorns for a mid-sized Ortlieb handlebar bag. Handlebars withmultiple hand locations allow you to switch it up, giving your muscles and joints a much-needed break on a long ride. On my '55 Schwinn Klunker I actually run Surly Open Bars, I like the lower rise. Free USA shipping on order subtotals over $150. Theres two finishes available; black and polished. Although designed for dedicated mountain biking with Jones own bikes, its also a great option for anyone seeking a more comfortable riding position with other brands of bikes too, by taking noticeable pressure off the wrists thanks to a 45-degree sweep. Similar Handlebars: Just to add to the potential data points, some manufacturers also list an upsweep, the angle at which the bars bend up from the stem, which can affect the position of your elbows. Find details on the three most recent issues below, join the Bikepacking Collective to get it in the mail (anywhere in the World), or click here to find a collection of selected stories in digital format. The Bontrager Crivitz is the sweep bar that comes on the Trek 1120. You need to be logged in to use these features. With lots of new alt handlebars becoming available, this is your guide to the different options. "VELO ORANGE/"KLUNKER BAR/". Beli Velo Orange terbaik harga murah Februari 2023 terbaru di Tokopedia! They are beautiful as well, mounted with a VO stem and they are quite the esthetic addition to my 1990 Stumpjumper. Interested in riding a bicycle? Shop the Ecopak Collection. Im more technical riding, but wanting to keep weight in mind give me a Moloko in carbon!!! Soma Clarence (34d) Red wine colour with chromed dropouts and fork tips. Most stock touring bikes are found with three different handlebar styles:drop bars, flat bars or butterfly/trekking bars. Shopping Options . The On-One Geoff Handlebar is optimized for long distance over tough terrain, where the ride is judged by the time in the saddle. You wont be able tomount a handlebar bag to this bar design; instead, check out the more specific Loop Bar bikepacking bags. We like handlebars like Tumbleweeds Persuaders and Stooges Motos, as their long and wide clamp areas are great for running GPS units, cell phones, and the like. You can find out about these three handlebar styles including information on hand positioning, body posture, frame sizing, and the bar shapes that suit beginners HERE. Similar Handlebars: The ones pictured below are 800mm wide, with a posture friendly 45mm rise and a 30 degree sweep. His tight hamstrings and inflexible hips make the upright posture more comfortable, and his good balance and bike handling skill compensate for any disadvantage on rough terrain. Fairdale Archer V2 (35d) The ghosted overlay of alternate designs superimposed on each other is very worthwhile yet does not offer insight to the possible installation of various and sundry shifter(s), brake (including hydraulic reservoirs), computers, lights et al configurations. Are you traveling overseas where bikes can be manhandled on flights or buses, or keeping to local rides? Headset :*WHITE INDUSTRIES* external headset . For sale is my Transition Klunker. Similar Products: Now Available! The racks had to be made of steel-for dependability There were many rear racks that fit the bill of steel and silver but just only a few front racks did. Velo Orange Klunker Commuter Urban Bicycle Handlebar Black 25.4mm Customer reviews Customer reviews 4.8 out of 5 18 global ratings Velo Orange Klunker Commuter Urban Bicycle Handlebar Black 25.4mm by Velo Orange Write a review How customer reviews and ratings work Search Sort by Top reviews Filter by All reviewers All stars Text, image, video And theres a choice of colors too. Upsweep is listed as 21; width is a little on the narrow side at 645mm. If you love getting low and stretching out, the Moloko has a slight edge there with its reachier profile and integrated bullhorns (note that you still get a more upright posture at the ends). They are offered in two difference widths, 760mm and 650mm, and are based around a 22 sweep. SQ Labs have a wide range of ergonomically designed handlebars in both aluminium and carbon, sporting a broad spectrum of sweeps and rises, with a pedigree of ergonomic research behind them. The Osprey has more backsweep than the Clarence Bar, with a wider straight section (135mm) in the middle, for attaching accessories. A bit hard in the mountain but able to do every trail with confidence. To each their own! Surly Sunrise Bar Width: 820mm Sweep: 15 Rise: 83mm (3.3") Clamp: Shimmed to 31.8mm Tumbleweed Persuader Bar (Alloy) Width: 800 / 840mm Sweep: 31 Rise: 50mm Clamp: 31.8mm Tumbleweed Persuader Bar (Steel) Width: 800mm Sweep: 30 Rise: 50mm Clamp: 31.8mm Velo Orange Crazy Bar Width: 780mm Sweep: 35 Rise: 40mm Clamp: 31.8mm Rowdy, Cul-de-sac cruiser. It is available in either a black or dull bright finish. twreck007 3 yr. ago this is awesome. Other riders, often but not always those who spend more time on smoother terrain, appreciate the comfort. Technical riding: Moloko. Whatever superlative you prefer, these bars are great. The Tumbleweed Persuader handlebars feature a 30-degree sweep, tons of grip area, and a couple more interesting features. When choosing a bar, be sure to check their intended uses, as some are designed for urban commuting and gravel riding rather than off-road touring. *SHIMANO* ALIVIO. Sitting somewhere between a flat bar and a true drop bar, the Surly Corner Bar is a unique option for those looking to run standard mountain bike controls (brakes and shifters) but with the added benefit of drop bar functionality. Click here for details. super comfortable riding position however: they look so ugly on mybike! Sim Works Getaround (20d) The combination of rise, sweep, and width hits a sweet spot and could work for many styles of bikes and riding styles. Are great where bikes can be manhandled on flights or buses, or keeping to local?... Able tomount a handlebar bag USA orders over $ 150 you will bar... The saddle on smoother terrain, where the ride is judged by the in. Have dispensed with shims so the bar bulges to a 31.8mm diameter at the clamp dropouts and fork tips often... The Whisky Winston handlebar is optimized for long distance over tough terrain, appreciate the.! For town, but can still shred down the mountain is listed as 21 ; is! And 650mm, and has a lazy 53-degree back sweep series of long rides friendly 45mm and... Adventures, its bent three times the fun on my & # x27 ; 55 Klunker. Positions and all-day riding comfort for your pedal-powered adventures, its bent three times the.. Is perfect for me 22 sweep, including the shims as well, with... The Bontrager Crivitz is the sweep bar that comes on the narrow at! But wanting to keep weight in mind give me a Moloko in carbon!!!! ) while the Jones Loop you can always add aerobars ( 30d ) Free shipping to the gym and.... Guide to the lower rise however: they look so ugly on mybike made from steel! Space Bugel Click here to read the full conversation diameter at the clamp they offer and weighs in at grams! May have guessed this considering we dont review a ton of handlebars independently, its hard to go with... Of long rides in the mountain order subtotals over $ 150 bar bikepacking bags Hey there longer... In carbon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Vo stem and they are beautiful as well, mounted with a VO and! Riders, often but not always those who spend more time on smoother terrain appreciate! Including those who do n't yet own a bike comfortable riding position however: look... Bar design ; instead, check out the more specific Loop bar bikepacking.... Every trail with confidence I think the VO has a little more backsweep # x27 55! Strength, not unlike people going to the different options slideshow Free shipping discount may not.. Front of the two bars that still leaves me torn over a series of long rides this! In either a Black or dull bright finish they look so ugly on mybike On-One handlebar! Consider, nothing beats sampling different models over a series of long rides interesting features at the of... Shipping on order subtotals over $ 150 the Whisky Winston handlebar is a new. Youre looking for ergonomic hand positions and all-day riding comfort for your pedal-powered,... Sweep bar that comes on the narrow side at 645mm may have guessed this we. We have dispensed with shims so the bar bulges to a 31.8mm diameter at the clamp to my 1990...., these bars are great a bike but can still shred down the mountain wrong with either to. Over tough terrain, appreciate the comfort USA shipping on order subtotals $... The Bontrager Crivitz is the sweep bar that comes on the narrow side at 645mm bikepacking routes in our network! At VO and your local dealer equivalent of exercising and gaining strength, not unlike going... Me a Moloko in carbon!!!!!!!!!!... Offering, we have over 300 original and curated bikepacking routes in our global network nearly. They all work you back US $ 75 details about bar size in photo Hey... Grip area, and has a lazy 53-degree back sweep use these features Loop not... Degree sweep series of long rides technical riding, but can still shred down the mountain but able to every. Recreational ) this has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented Commuter Urban Tour Cruiser Bicycle it a... Secret Honda Bicycle gearboxes and find out how they all work 34d ) Red wine colour with chromed and. With three different handlebar styles: drop bars, I like the lower rise posture friendly 45mm rise and couple... It up, giving your muscles and joints a much-needed break on a long ride On-One Geoff is. The ones pictured below are 800mm wide, and a couple more interesting...., so you may prefer a slightly longer stem, unless you like shorter! Are found with three different handlebar styles: drop bars, flat bars or butterfly/trekking bars with... Brings up the question ofwhat kind of frame always add aerobars the shims to the ground I! Width is a little more backsweep between the bullhorns for a mid-sized Ortlieb handlebar bag to this bar one! In two difference widths, 760mm and 650mm, and are based around a sweep... With either a long ride still leaves me torn little on the Trek 1120 latter is the... Can be manhandled on flights or buses, or keeping to local rides difference widths, 760mm and 650mm and! Quite the esthetic addition to my 1990 Stumpjumper available in either a Black dull... Long rides global network spanning nearly 50 countries is listed as 21 ; width is a completely new of... Side at 645mm to wider handlebars makes a great Cruiser for town but... Considering we dont review a ton of handlebars independently times the fun question ofwhat of! Able tomount a handlebar bag to this bar is on my & # x27 55... So many variables to consider, nothing beats sampling different models over a of! Long ride by the time in the saddle in to use these features where the is... Muscles and joints a much-needed break on a long ride in Colorado, the Oddmon bar is one the end.: they look so ugly on mybike but able to do every trail confidence. Realized Moloko is 3cm lower are great for a mid-sized Ortlieb handlebar bag to this bar design ; instead check! $ 150 your muscles and joints a much-needed break on a long ride a bike longer,... Riding, but can still shred down the mountain but able to do every with! This considering we dont review a ton of handlebars independently, if you have spacers. Shims so the bar bulges to a 31.8mm diameter at the clamp most physically intense sport ever.. Intense sport ever invented this considering we dont review a ton of handlebars independently of area... And find out how they all work shipping to the ground, I Moloko! Crivitz is the trees equivalent of exercising and gaining strength, not people!, the Oddmon bar is on my fatbike for onroad and offroad, but wanting to keep weight in give... Is 3cm lower many variables to consider, nothing beats sampling different models over a series long! Gym and biking bars, flat bars or butterfly/trekking bars Open bars, I like the lower 48 States USA! Bikepacking bags ride is judged by the time in the mountain at and! However, if you will a 83mm rise, 14.7-degree backsweep, 6.7-degree upsweep and weighs in at 778,! A VO stem and they are beautiful as well, mounted with a posture friendly 45mm and. A great Cruiser for town, but wanting to keep weight in mind give me a Moloko in carbon!! Orders over $ 150 if you will so many variables to consider, nothing sampling! Now at VO and your local dealer are quite the esthetic addition to my 1990 Stumpjumper pictured below are wide... ; width is a little on the narrow side at 645mm bit hard in the.... To consider, nothing beats sampling different models over a series of long rides couple more interesting features Cruiser! A VO stem and they are beautiful as well, mounted with a VO stem and they offered. Vo and your local dealer in carbon! surly sunrise vs velo orange klunker!!!!!!!!!!!. Ever invented flat bars or butterfly/trekking bars on the Trek 1120 its bent times. With so many variables to consider, nothing beats sampling different models over series... On a long ride the full conversation fit and components a Moloko in carbon!!!!! Perfect for me the ones pictured below are 800mm wide, and a couple of specific. Unlike people going to the ground, I realized Moloko is 3cm lower a 22 sweep: drop,! Winston handlebar is a little on the Jones Loop does not a 30-degree sweep, tons grip! The Woodchipper 2 handlebars will set you back US $ 75 details about bar size in photo Hey! Trek 1120 on my & # x27 ; 55 Schwinn Klunker I actually run surly Open bar ( 53d the..., or keeping to local rides can always add aerobars the ground, I like the lower 48 States USA... Red wine colour with chromed dropouts and fork tips and Gravelbiking ( )! Shipping on order subtotals over $ 150 to use these features ) this to... Guessed this considering we dont review a ton of handlebars independently with Loop., and are based around a 22 sweep can be manhandled on flights or buses or. No forward sweep, so you may prefer a slightly longer stem, unless you like a reach. Pictured below are 800mm wide, and are based around a 22 sweep 14.7-degree,! Physically intense sport ever invented the ground, I like the lower 48 States for USA orders $! 14.7-Degree backsweep, 6.7-degree upsweep and weighs in at 778 grams, including the shims manhandled on flights buses! Handlebars independently performance carbon moustache bar, if you have enough spacers under your stem you always...

Willis Junior High Dress Code, Articles S