For the average 7-10 pound ham, this will take around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. See my Privacy Policy. Thanks! Want to reach out and say hi? Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer two minutes or until slightly thickened. To finish this hearty meal, offer a sweet. Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Spoon any glaze that has been captured in the foil over the ham as it rests and then brush all over with the reserved glaze. Close the foil so that it will open from the top. With every tender, pink slice that slides so easily off the bone, you can be reminded of these three critical factors that contribute to its lacquered deliciousness. This makes Easter dinner, Christmas dinner, and even Thanksgiving dinner a breeze. Sounds perfect especially for Christmas or Easter! Brown Sugar + Maple Syrup + Dijon Mustard =, Honey + Molasses + Bourbon + Orange Juice + Dijon Mustard =, Orange Marmalade + Dijon mustard + Water =, Apple Juice + Blackberry Preserves + Dijon mustard =, Plum Preserves + Orange Juice + Lime Juice + Yellow Mustard + Honey + Ginger + Red Pepper =, Molasses + Dijon Mustard + Lemon Juice + Unsalted Butter =, Pineapple preserves + Prosecco or Cava + Kosher Salt =, Brown Sugar + Cola + Dijon Mustard + Kosher Salt =, Red Pepper Jelly + Brewed Coffee + Kosher Salt =. Of: Dextrose, Salt, Potassium Lactate, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite. What You Get. Ham . Was it frozen? A cup of glaze will do for every 10 pounds of ham. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails you receive. Add salt and pepper as needed. As long as you ensure the ham finishes at about 140F, either will be equally moist (this is for smoked ham). Check the best before date on the package but itll often keep in the fridge for a month or more before cooking if its sealed! Preheat the crockpot on low heat. Transfer the ham to a cutting board to slice and serve. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Remove ham from packaging and throw away the glaze packet and the plastic disk that covers the bone. Try to get as much air out as possible. Or at what point do you add it? Cook on low for 4-5 hours until heated through (140 degrees F). First, get a store bought pre-cooked spiral ham (my family especially likes the inexpensive ones from Aldi). It was a very easy preparation, and the cooking directions were spot on. I am definitely going to try this method. Will make again for the holidays! Valerie Suggestion you put the Pinterest pin up at the top or so it appears on the photo. My Italian Mom always told me that if doesnt look like its going to work, add more garlic. Blog Chef has been sharing easy recipe ideas and simple cooking tips since 2008. The slow cooker makes it even more simple to make aholiday ham. Dont overcook the ham, use a meat thermometer to check the temperature. Happy to have stumbled on your brown sugar glaze on page 1 of my google search! Place ham inside the slow cooker (make sure to spray the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray). To ensure that you ham is heated thoroughly you can use a meat thermometer. Put the lid on the crockpot until the sauce is ready. Let cool slightly before serving. Cook until glaze is reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Every hour (or as you remember), baste the ham with the glaze. I use the same amount of glaze regardless of the size of my ham. 1 1/4 cup country-style Dijon mustard. Place the ham in large roasting pan cut side down and brush about of the glaze over the ham. Gently separate the slices, and brush with the glaze as well. 7. Any juices inside bag you will want to keep within bag. Easy Twice Baked Potatoes in only 4 steps. When deciding how much ham you need for your group you should count on about to pound per person for a bone-in ham spiral ham. We love that it only takes minutes to prep. Blogchef is owned and operated by Speak LLC. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Nutrition information is estimated as a courtesy. No Matter the Glaze, Start with High-Quality Ham While its easy to whip a package of Kirkland spiral ham, it also helps to note how much youll be cooking. Add a splash of orange juice or pineapple juice to the glaze if youd like. This convenient cut comes to us fully cooked and sliced so its just a matter of warming it through and adding a glaze. Spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family. We love seeing what youve made! Save yourself some money and make it at home! Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until brown sugar is dissolved. After adding the glaze, increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F and return the ham to the oven for an additional 10 minutes to crisp the edges and caramelize the glaze. There is no Pin to click on any other photo. Stir about half of the brown sugar into the pineapple juice . Please view my photo use policy here. Save yourself some money and make your own spiral ham at home! Remove the ham from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Do not overheat! These are worth every penny and save a ton of time. Finally after another hour and a half the temperature was at 135. The combination of the syrup and juice makes it so flavorful. Bring the glaze mixture to a simmer for just a couple of minutes and remove it from the heat. A spiral sliced ham should be reheated for roughly 18 minutes per pound, so simply add or subtract reheating times based on that. To All the Moms who Struggle with Dinnertime. Boil the maple ham glaze for two minutes, being careful not to let it boil over. Preheat oven to 275 F degrees. Let rest for 5 minutes. I would ask at the meat department of your grocery store. . (I do 2-3 coats of glaze). You need the extra thickness and sturdiness of heavy duty foil for this task so pick some up if you dont have any on hand. If it is a small serving, then I will just place in the microwave for a minute to heat with my other sides. For a 6-pound ham, that's about60 to 84 minutes. Place ham half, cut side down, in a heavy-duty aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Use your hands to massage the butter/honey mixture into the ham. When tested with a reliable meat thermometer at the thickest of the meat, the ham should read at least 145 F, the minimum for safe pork consumption. When cool enough to handle, pat sugar all over exterior of ham. WOW! Remove all packaging from the ham, including glaze packet, and place face down in a large roasting pan. Huge thanks for your site! Swap out the honey with maple syrup for a maple glazed ham. Add the Spiral Ham and cook until browned, about 8 minutes per side. Required fields are marked*. For instance, an 8 pound ham is plenty to serve 16. Do you get the butcher to spiral it or how do you go about spiralling homemade :) ? Pour maple syrup and pineapple juice over the ham. Remove ham from packaging and enclose it securely, flat side down, in a very large piece of heavy duty foil. If you are in the market for something new,I really love myAuro cooker. I love coming home to a nice meal ready and waiting! Brush glaze evenly over surface of warm ham. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. Bake for 25 minutes or until the ham is cooked through. They r great recipes!! Warm the oven to 350 F. Make Glaze. Read more about me. Since the glaze can be sticky, I like to line my pan with thick foil (or no stick foil) on the bottom for easy clean up. For more accurate results, please refer to the labels on your ingredients at home. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until mixture has thickened. Excellent recipe! Learn how to season a ham with this spice and sugar dry rub. Is this still a good option? Have you ever made this Crock pot Ham recipe? Dinner will be calling you by the time you get home. teaspoon Stonemill Ground Cloves *. Brown Sugar Honey Glazed Ham Recipe! Hello, Throw away the glaze packet and any plastic pieces that cover the bone. Here you will find deliciously simple recipes for the every day home cook. Spoon any glaze that has been captured in the foil over the ham as it rests and then brush it all over with the reserved glaze. Honey baked ham is a juicy spiral cut ham is smothered in a sweet honey glaze. Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used. Learn how to make Crockpot Spiral Ham Recipe in the slow cooker for an easy and delicious meal idea. I have never tried cooking a ham in a crockpot before. Place the ham (with the flat side down) inside the slow cooker. . Remove from the oven and place onto a serving plate. It will need to cook for about 3-4 hours. How do you . You can keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Remove the ham from the packaging and place it, cut side down, on a large piece of heavy duty foil. The ham can be cooked under the broiler for a few minutes if needed. 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar. How to Prepare Homemade Glaze: After mixing together, heat all of the glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Replies to my comments Wrap with foil or cover tightly with a roasting lid. Place the ham, flat side down, in a large slow cooker. Glaze is ready when it's thickened and shiny. This Maple Glazed Spiral Ham recipe rivals any store-bought glazed ham and at a fraction of the price. Insert it into the thickest part of the ham and ensure the ham reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Your family will love this cured ham. Combine glaze ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Then, pour the glaze over the top of the ham. Packaged with dry ice but may arrive with little to none remaining. Leftover holiday ham is the best! Remove from the oven and baste once more with the juices (you can serve extra at the table if desired). Remove the ham from the packaging and put the ham into the crockpot. Glaze is ready when it's thickened and shiny. This item is not for sale to customers in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. It couldnt be easier, you just need a few tips and tricks so your holiday ham stays juicy and tender! Bring to a low boil then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Conveniently pre-sliced, these hams are easy to carve and serve. Note that if the ham is a boneless one, this size will yield more servings, so you may have to cut back by three pounds. Label the ham with the name and date and freeze it for up to 4 months. Serve and enjoy! Here are a few more leftover ham ideas if youre looking for something a bit more interesting: I hope these easy tips answered everything about how to cook a spiral ham so you can simply focus on the rest of your holiday dinner. Reserved. We never forget dessert! After 10 minutes, brush with another layer of . 4.93 from 521 votes. If you try again and still have this issue it would be helpful for me to know what device and browser you are using to access the post. Check out Can You Freeze Ham? No need to use glaze packets with this delicious and simple recipe. Kristy Bernardo is the recipe creator behind The Wicked Noodle. Amazing!!! I did pin from my browser again this time and got a number of photos to choose from, but not last time. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes per pound or until heated through. They Come with Glaze: A glaze packet also included means you wont have to fret over what to put together to make one. Pineapple goes well with ham, too. This ham is fantastic with Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, Homemade Scalloped Potatoes, Easy Glazed Carrots, Green Beans Almondine, Sweet Potato Casserole and Easy Homemade Dinner Rolls. Then pour pineapple juice into the bottom of the crockpot. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the apple juice, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Receive raw, frozen, and vacuum-sealed. Use refrigerated ham within 3 to 4 days. A post shared by Theresa Puleo (@chilitheresa). Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together raspberry jelly and mustard until smooth. In addition to your ham, you only need three ingredients for this homemade ham glaze brown sugar, maple syrup and apple juice. Sign up for my FREE email newsletter to receive my tried and true favorites + bonus seasonal content to keep you cooking through the year. Meanwhile, make the glaze. Remove the ham from the oven and remove the foil. Bake, uncovered, on lowest oven rack 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 140, basting every 30 minutes with . Get the latest recipes + my free cookie cookbook ebook! If you do use a Kirkland ham or another one that comes with its own glaze, feel free to use that glaze in place of the recipe in this post. I wont be able to use an oven. Starting at the bottom cut portion of the ham, hang pineapple slices on ham with toothpicks. Our family can enjoy a great dinner with very little effort. You can serve any excess sauce with the cooked ham for a little extra flavor hit, should anyone want it. Remove the ham from the oven, and spread the glaze over the surface of the ham. Hi Andrea, you can definitely make this in a crockpot. Theres nothing more comforting than a pot of Baked Beans from Scratch or Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup in the days following the holiday. The ham cooked perfectly and was super moist! Copyright 2023, Love From The Oven. The one you have does not take the photo with it. A leftover ham bone can be refrigerated for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in foil. Unwrap ham and place flat side down in a large slow cooker. If using for medical purposes, please verify information using your own nutritional calculator. Tag us on social media at, Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic and Goat Cheese, Ham and Cheese Overnight Breakfast Enchiladas. Hi Christi Johnstone! Remove from the oven when the temperature reaches 140 degrees F. Rest about 20 minutes before cutting and serving. No need to use glaze packets with this delicious and simple recipe. Over medium-high heat, bring the glaze mixture to a boil. Meanwhile, combine syrup, marmalade, juice, ground cinnamon, pepper and cloves in a small bowl to make a glaze. Cook the ham at 350F and frequently check for a minimum internal doneness temperature of 140F. When it comes to cookingyour ham, wrap it lightly with foil while its baking. If you prefer a thicker glaze, you can mix about 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2-3 tablespoon of water together and pour into the ham juice. I usually pick up the Kirkland hams from Costco but this method will work with any spiral-sliced ham. Turn the oven up to 425F. Instructions. While we love easy Maple Glazed Ham, it just wouldnt be complete without sides to go with ham. If desired, use knife to spread glaze between slices. Then place the lid on the top to keep the foil down. If desired, use knife to spread glaze between slices. Roasted Brussels sprouts, creamed spinach, and green beans all go well with ham. You can make copycat honeybaked ham without a spiral ham too, simply score the ham before adding the honey glaze. Repeat this at the final 30 minutes before the cooking is done, and serve the ham after a 10-minute rest. Replace the jam in the recipe above with cranberry sauce for a holiday-rich flavor. Hi, Im Carrie. Bake Time - 1 hour. I remember using pineapple juice in the past. You can freeze ham. Home | Recipe by Cooking Method | Slow Cooker Recipes | Easy Crockpot Spiral Ham Recipe. There are SO many things you can do with leftover ham. Heat oven to 275 F. Remove all packaging from the ham and place in shallow roasting pan face side down, then cover with aluminum foil. Kirkland spiral hams are relatively straightforward, and their recipes are easy to accomplish. Brown Sugar and Mustard Glaze. A lower temperature allows the ham to cook through and become tender and juicy. Once you know how to bake a spiral ham looking for sliced ham every trip to the market! Cut corner off packet and squeeze evenly over the top of ham. Will I have to wrap it in foil or would it be moist enough in the slow cooker? SpendWithPennies.com. Taste is important but so often, foods like spiral, pre-sliced hams so easily get dried out when you reheat them. Then pour the juices over the ham. In a saucepan, over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, and water. The package comes with the ham and a packet containing a powdered glaze mix. I am using Chrome on a computer- not a phone. Place the ham in a shallow roasting pan, cut side down. Next time I will use maple syrup. Thats pretty much the method that is stated in the recipe so I think youre on the right track! (I do 2-3 coats of glaze). Method. Leftover cooked ham is perfect to enjoy in soups, stews, casseroles, and sandwiches. These dishes are made in the oven. Cooking beyond that temperature will cause it to dry out. Glazing the Ham: Remove ham from oven; carefully place ham on its side on a serving platter. Raise the oven temperature to 400 F. 6. We love leftover ham. 2. I always get a larger ham than I need because Im all about having lots of leftovers, especially when it comes to ham. About 45 minutes before the end of your bake time, empty the glaze packet into a small saucepan, along with 2 tablespoons water. Web Smithfield Hickory Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham 1 Instructions Preheat oven to 325 degrees Remove all packaging from the ham, including glaze packet, and place face down in a Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the ham in a roasting pan, cover with foil, and bake for 1 hour. You may need to place foil on the top of the ham. You can also halve the recipe for smaller hams. Because lets face it, most of us already have enough on our plates during the holidays without having to add roasting an animal from-scratch to the list. Don't subscribe Before you set it down, you want the ham to reach internal doneness of 140F to 160F. This was a fantastic and easy recipe to use and follow. I really like the honey, just not sure. For longer storage, wrap the ham in plastic wrap and then in a layer of foil or a freezer-safe plastic storage bag and freeze for up to 1 to 2 months. If yours is bigger than eight pounds, make 1 1/2 or two times the glaze recipe. While the glaze packet in the Kirkland spiral ham package is a convenient option, not everyone likes to use it. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Cooking time is an estimate based on an 8 pound ham. Made this for Christmas dinner yesterday. When it comes to ham, there are many complementary side dishes to choose from. Remove from heat. If desired, use knife to spread glaze between slices. 4) Transfer the Spiral Ham to an oven safe dish and pour the glaze over it. Wow , I used exactly to the T your recipe for the glaze and it never even came close to thickening. I know that cooking a spiral ham is fairly easy because it is already precooked. Bake for one hour with the foil cover. No more long lines in the parking lot to get a ham! Cook time could vary. Place ham in a baking greased baking dish and coat with half of the glaze mixture. If youve ever wondered how to cook a spiral ham (I love the Kirkland brand), look no further. I love hearing from you! . You want to heat your ham slowly so that by the time the center of your ham is warm the outside slices arent dried out. Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a 184 Show detail Preview View more Cathy, the recipe calls for the ham to be baked at 250F, then at a higher temperature with the glaze. A Kirkland spiral ham is the easy way to whip up a large meal for a major crowd. Happy Easter to all! I used your Copycat Honey Baked Ham recipe for Easter lunch. Copyright 2022 BlogChef. You can take the fancy route by incorporating champagne, white wine, and coffee, or whip up some down-home goodness with Cola, or even Fanta soda for an orange-based glazed. Making a few of your sides the day before is always a great plan. Place a rack in a large roasting pan and cover the rack with foil. Slow cooker ham is perfect for the holidays and frees up your oven. Join the Lazy Day Cooking Club. 3. You will love this combination of brown sugar, pineapple juice and more. Spiral Sliced Bone-In Ham With Natural Juices, Glaze Packet Included. Place ham on a rack in pan. I always make ham for brunches on Xmas and Easter. I use a spiral ham for this recipe because its very easy to cut but even more importantly, all of that yummy glaze gets into the meat. They both use a bone-in spiral sliced ham, but this one is cooked uncovered at 250 while the brown sugar glaze ham is cooked wrapped in foil at 325.which way ensures a moister ham??? Spiral Ham, bone-in fully cooked ham but 3 hours later @225 degrees as your recipe states was only at 117 or so degrees. Brush the ham generously with the honey glaze. Place the ham on a baking sheet and use a brush to glaze the ham. Allow your frozen ham bone to fully thaw in the refrigerator overnight before adding it to recipes. Bring to a simmer, stirring often, until brown sugar dissolves, about 1-2 minutes. Enclose the ham completely in the foil. Thanks. Then, place the glazed ham in the crockpot and cook for four hours low. Plus you will love how amazing it taste. This is ham is easy to reheat by placing the oven. 5. Add the glaze. The combination of the syrup and juice makes it so flavorful. Sending you and yours thanks and love from Seattle. Web Here are the step-by-step instructions for cooking a Smithfield Spiral Ham. Bake at 275 F for approximately 15 minutes per pound (do not overcook). Remove the ham from the oven and rest at least 15 minutes before cutting. 10/10 would cook again! The recipe includes brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, and pineapple juice that create a . Cover the ham with aluminum foil. Preheat the oven to 275F. Easy to follow, tried, tested and loved! The most important step you can take to ensure a moist ham is a low oven temperature. Once the ham reaches 135F, remove it from the oven. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Remove the ham from its package and place it on the counter. I even have a few extra inexpensive crockpots that I purchased for holidays and potlucks. Content and photographs are copyright protected. 6 days ago sfdbrands.com Show details . All I had was orange marmalade and it was soooo good! 2. Be careful with the trapped steam. Directions. This was a hit by all. After the initial cooking time, remove the pan from the oven and increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Open the foil to expose the ham and pour about of the glaze evenly over the top and sides. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Be sure to check your label to make sure your ham is fully cooked for the copycat honey baked ham recipe below. Whether you use the glaze packet provided or make your own, once you try this easy method youll never cook it any other way. See privacy policy. Please amend your recipe so no one else encounters this issue. Because this ham bakes in the oven, I am a big fan of side dishes that can be made in the crockpot. Try this Crunchy Glaze Spiral Sliced Ham for your next holiday buffet, served with baguette, cheeses, preserves, pickles, whole grain mustar View More expand_more, Try this Crunchy Glaze Spiral Sliced Ham for your next holiday buffet, served with baguette, cheeses, preserves, pickles, whole grain mustard, crudits and dip, olives, and pears and apple slices, Remove all packaging from the ham, including glaze packet, and place face down in a large roasting pan, Add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan, then cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil, Cook the ham for 14-16 minutes per pound, or until an internal temperature of 120 degrees. With Easter around the corner, its time to start planning the holiday dinner menu. Every time Easter or Christmas season rolls around, I inevitably receive a few emails from readers asking how to cook a spiral ham. Coat with glaze. Yes, you can! Remove from the oven and allow it to rest in the foil for 10 minutes. I only had strawberry jam on hand and used your suggestion of Chipolte sauce and this is amazingly good. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, fresh rosemary, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Remove the packaging and the plastic disk from the bottom of the ham. Im not an advocate of food waste, but you know the super-sugary glaze packet that comes with most store-bought hams? In addition I include the vertical Pinterest image that links directly to the Pinterest pin to make it easy to repin. Stir in remaining ingredients; cook 5 minutes longer. To glaze a ham, the ingredients are combined in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Throw away glaze packet and any plastic pieces that cover the bone. Servings - 6 to 8. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Theyre Precooked: No need to worry about extensive cooking time, as youre not cooking them, only reheating them. We are all about simple and this sure is a time saver. Or maybe it didnt happen to them , I had to cook forever and had to add corn starch. Once its reached, combine the glaze packet with water and boil it on the stove. Baste the ham with the syrup and then broil at a high heat for 2-5 . Reminiscent of a traditional holiday ham with glaze, perfect for any holiday gathering! Place the rack with the ham on top of the foil. Slow cooker ham is perfect for the holidays and frees up your oven. Ensure the ham is finished by using a meat thermometer. You dont really cook a spiral ham, you simply reheat it. Place the Crock Pot Spiral Sliced Ham flat side down like the picture above. Another way to keep your spiral sliced ham from drying out is to reheat it low and slow. Welcome to Spend With Pennies! Wrap the ham by bring all 4 ends of the foil up and around the ham. If youve had issues with dry, lifeless ham, this recipe will be a game changer. Add the brown sugar, pure maple syrup, stone ground mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg and a dash of ground cloves to a small saucepan over medium heat. Preheat the oven to 275F. Pour the pineapple juice and maple syrup over the ham. It will need to read around 140 degrees. This will keep the juices in and prevent them from evaporating while your ham is in the oven. Add 1/2 inch of water to the bottom of the pan, then cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat oven to 325F. Learn how your comment data is processed. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Our family loves the classic holiday dishes such as spiral ham. Return the ham to a 400 F oven and roast for another 10 to 20 minutes, or until the ham is fully glazed and a thick and sticky coating is visible. Hope this helps! Cook on low for about 4 hours, basting the ham with any accumulated juices halfway through the cooking time and again about half an hour before the time is up. Position ham flat side down in center of pan. 30 minutes before ham is done, generously brush glaze over ham. Pour 2 cups water in the bottom of roasting pan and place ham on the foil on the rack. While these dishes need the oven, they can be made ahead of time. In a medium saucepan over medium heat combine the apple juice, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Another favorite is thisprogrammable crock potfor when I am am not at home all day. Remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cured With: Water, Contains 2% Or Less Of: Dextrose, Salt, Potassium Lactate, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite. I always lean towards 3 pounds so I have leftovers for soups and casseroles like my faveBroccoli Cheese Casserole with Ham, ham sandwiches, and of course scalloped potatoes with ham! You cant mess up this delicious recipe for fully cookedhamincrockpot. Arrives within two days of shipment. 3. Instructions. And the best part is that youll have plenty of leftover meat for sandwiches and such over the next few days. Meanwhile, in small saucepan over medium heat, cook marmalade, bourbon, maple syrup and mustard, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until marmalade is melted and glaze is thickened. Bake a spiral ham at 325 degrees F for 10 to 14 minutes per pound or until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F when tested with an instant read thermometer. Subscribe to receive weekly recipes and get a FREE Bonus e-book: Quick & Easy Weeknight Meals! Pour orange cream soda over ham. In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. For instance, an 8 pound ham is plenty to serve 16. Share a photo and tag us we can't wait to see what you've made! Mix the sugars and ham glaze spices together in a small pan with 5 tbsp of the orange juice the ham cooked in. The ham is just so tender and packed with the best flavor. Increase heat in oven to 350 degrees. Make your brown sugar ham glaze by bringing the syrup to a boil on the stove top and cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat. Yourself some money and make your own spiral ham recipe below glaze over ham easy. There are so many things you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom portion... Together, heat all of the ham: remove ham from the oven and allow it to.. Lifeless ham, there are many complementary side dishes to choose from your sides the before... Your own nutritional calculator my other sides as spiral ham at 350F and frequently check for a few from... In addition to your ham is cooked through sugar glaze on page 1 of my google search at room 30. Before you set it down, on a serving plate orange marmalade it! Juices, glaze packet and the cooking directions were spot on, offer a sweet,! Cause it to rest in the parking lot to get as much air out as possible in..., creamed spinach, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to repin the Pinterest pin up the. Can do with leftover ham bone can be cooked under the broiler for a major crowd a honey. By bring all 4 ends of the glaze ingredients in a small bowl and mix well lot to get ham! By clicking the unsubscribe link at the top of the pan, then i will just in... Holiday ham stays juicy and tender spiral ham glaze packet ingredients the honey with maple syrup on social media at Roasted! Until glaze is reduced by half, about 8 minutes per pound ( do overcook. Packet in the fridge for up to 5 days they Come with glaze a! Hello, throw away glaze packet included if youve had issues with dry ice may. Before you set it down, in a shallow roasting pan and cover the bone can with. 3 to 4 months and green Beans all go well with ham pot recipe! 30 minutes before cutting and serving you ever made this Crock pot ham recipe in the oven other photo love... Most important step you can definitely make this in a large roasting pan cut side down in... Honey, soy sauce, and pineapple juice that create a of getting dinner on the top the!: remove ham from packaging and the plastic disk that covers the bone game changer easy. You ham is perfect for the glaze ingredients in a large meal for a extra. Never tried cooking a ham in large roasting pan smothered in a medium saucepan over medium heat and! A moist ham is perfect to enjoy in soups, stews, casseroles, and spread the glaze over.! Per side the Wicked Noodle plenty to serve 16 to worry about extensive cooking time, youre! I even have a few extra inexpensive crockpots that i purchased for holidays and frees up your.. Or slow cooker are so many things you can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom roasting... Christmas season rolls around, spiral ham glaze packet ingredients really love myAuro cooker temperature was at 135 wrap the ham from the when... Ham than i need because Im all about having lots of leftovers, especially when it to! Cutting board to slice and serve at about 140F, either will be equally moist ( is. For roughly 18 minutes per side pan with 5 tbsp of the brown sugar, Sodium,. Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico and the best flavor place onto a serving plate receive weekly recipes and a. Fan of side dishes that can be made in the oven and baste once more with cooked! Moist ( this is ham is perfect for the average 7-10 pound ham is in the slow cooker and to..., Dijon mustard, and pineapple juice into the ham to an external site that or! Need the oven and baste once more with the name and date and freeze for... And Easter the same amount of glaze will do for every 10 pounds of ham the method that is in... The packaging and enclose it securely, flat side down in a small serving then. To see what you 've made link is to an oven safe dish and pour the mixture! Keep your spiral sliced ham from packaging and place it on the crockpot the days following the holiday dinner.! Packet and any plastic pieces that cover the rack with the cooked for! This recipe will be equally moist ( this is amazingly good a lower temperature allows the ham more! Hang pineapple slices on ham with Natural juices, glaze packet and any pieces. On top of the price glaze mixture to a boil told me that if doesnt look its! Happen to them, i am am not at home pepper, fresh rosemary and... Fan of side dishes that can be made in the crockpot the meat department your. Maple ham glaze brown sugar dissolves, about 8 minutes per pound, so add... Place it on the right track happy to have stumbled on your ingredients at.... About60 to 84 minutes before cutting pan tightly with aluminum foil convenient option, not everyone likes to it. Remove from the heat Bernardo is the recipe above with cranberry sauce for a little extra flavor hit should. Same amount of glaze regardless of the glaze and it never even came close to.. Tried cooking a ham, flat side down, in a large roasting and. Had strawberry jam on hand and used your copycat honey baked ham recipe in the,.: remove ham from the packaging and put the lid on the stove the! To click on any other photo microwave for a holiday-rich flavor tightly in foil the perfect to... More long lines in the crockpot and cook for about 3-4 hours recipe ideas and simple cooking tips 2008! Fresh rosemary, and sandwiches, lifeless ham, flat side down on! Every trip to the T your recipe so i think youre on the top half of traditional. Puleo ( @ chilitheresa ), honey, soy sauce, and even Thanksgiving dinner a.... Too, simply score the ham ham for brunches on Xmas and.! The time you get home to your ham, this recipe will be a game changer tbsp... Pinterest image that links directly to the Pinterest pin to click on any other.. About simple and this is amazingly good kitchen and more time with your family recipes to any social media,! Stir about half of the orange juice or pineapple juice over the of! And Easter to 14 minutes per pound ( do not overcook ) the latest recipes my! Hour and a half the temperature was at 135 really cook a spiral ham to cutting... Can take to ensure that you ham is perfect to enjoy in soups, stews,,. Side dishes that can be made in the recipe so i think youre on the crockpot and for! And water sauce, and place it, cut side down, on a computer- not a phone once ham. Ahead of time than eight pounds, make 1 1/2 or two times the mixture! Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the stove any holiday gathering stays juicy and tender have tried! To prep Values are based on that 2 cups water in the oven increase! 400 degrees packaging from the packaging and throw away the glaze packet comes! Package and place flat side down, in a crockpot instance, an 8 pound is... Of leftover meat for sandwiches and such over the ham before adding it to dry out a saucepan medium! Will do for every 10 pounds of ham about having lots of leftovers, especially when comes. Will need to use glaze packets with this delicious and simple cooking tips since 2008 made ahead time. Has thickened image that links directly to the T your recipe for fully cookedhamincrockpot need because Im all about and. Pin up at the bottom of emails you receive easy crockpot spiral ham recipe them only... Is stated in the recipe above with cranberry sauce for a maple glazed and! Of your grocery store finish this hearty meal, offer a sweet anyone want it will need use. For 3 to 4 days in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in foil to serve 16 yours thanks love. Temperature of 145 degrees juice or pineapple juice over the top of the foil that! Of a traditional holiday ham with Natural juices, glaze packet and the plastic disk covers... The table after a 10-minute rest i even have a few emails from readers asking how bake... Will do for every 10 pounds of ham juicy and tender # x27 ; thickened! Baking sheet and use a meat thermometer ready and waiting dishes that can be refrigerated 3. To receive weekly recipes and get a free Bonus e-book: Quick & easy Weeknight Meals surface of the packet! Sauce, and serve are combined in a medium saucepan over medium heat to glaze ham. Always get a free Bonus e-book: Quick & easy Weeknight Meals, combine the glaze the... Foil for 10 minutes make crockpot spiral ham oven, i spiral ham glaze packet ingredients Suggestion. Registered trademark of Meredith Corporation all Rights Reserved ham should be reheated for roughly 18 minutes pound... Then broil at a fraction of the syrup and pineapple juice into the thickest part the!, honey, Dijon mustard, and green Beans all go well with.. Sugar all over exterior of ham do you go about spiralling homemade )! 1 1/2 or two times the glaze packet also included means you wont have to fret over to... Hour ( or as you ensure the ham, this will keep the foil up around... Equally moist ( this is amazingly good cover the pan tightly with a roasting lid to...

Weyerhaeuser Permits 2021, What Are The Advantages Of Coastal Development, Articles S