When he became a high school football coach in the late 1960s, the best way to stay employed was to run some version of the ground-oriented Wing T or the wishbone. The kids won this. And this Friday, when hundreds of teams across the state line up and drop quarterbacks back to pass over and over again? Detmer played in the semipro league while teaching and coaching at South San, and it soon became clear that he had a future on the sidelines. Tournament semifinals at EKU on Saturday to pit No. He was a junior high coach in 1998before entering the Pennsylvania State Police Academy. That I was honest and always had their best interest at heart, even if it meant TOUGH LOVE. LHAC approves conference expansion; What happens to WestPAC? Mike Mastovich is a sports reporter and columnist for The Tribune-Democrat. Website powered by WebMechanix. Lucas, who has served as a long-time assistant coach at Somerset High School, left the Briar Jumpers after the 2001 season to become the head football coach at Lincoln County High School. Games cannot end on a defensive penalty. TCU 1983-1991, University of Minnesota 1992-1996, Head Coach Texas State 1997-2002, Purdue University 2003-2005, Texas A&M University 2006-2007, A&M COnsolidated HS 2008-2009, Sam Houston State 2010-2011, University of New Mexico 2012- 2017, Georgia Southern University 2018-2020, Spending time with Janet, walking/jogging, golf, traveling, spoiling our grandchildren. Kentucky quarterback Kaiya Sheron threw the game-winning touchdown, giving the school its first state championship in its 116-year history. In 2007, Urbanreturned to the junior high ranks, where he coached until 2011. Friday nights are still real exciting for me, Detmer told the Express-News that year. He truly cared who you were, and it didnt matter if you were a football player, hockey player, band.. Any person with disabilities who needs help accessing the content of the FCC Public File may contact KSTP via our online form or call 651-646-5555, This website is not intended for users located within the European Economic Area. He served as an assistant coach with the Johnstown Jackals and J-Dogs, and was head coach of the Johnstown Riverhawks. Limited Ads. WebTowels III was most recently the head coach at Clear Brook High Schools which he held for two seasons. Somerset Football Roster 2022-23 Players (129) Staff (5) Do you have a team photo? At the age of 76, he still was coaching at Somerset, having never been willing to walk away from the game that made him a Friday night legend. The Somerset High School football coaching job came open after the tragic and unexpected passing of long-time head coach Robbie Lucas, who led the Briar Jumpers program for 14 seasons. "We played a lot of young guys last year," Urban said. Basile knew he couldnt devote as much time as hed like to the time-consuming duties as a head coach. There was a problem saving your notification. I want our players to finish the season with a deeper love for their teammates and a real understanding of what it means to pour yourself out for something larger than yourself. With the 68-66 loss to the Commodores, Kentucky is now Jerry Stackhouse was emotional in his postgame press conference, his first after a win in Rupp Arena. Funeral arrangements have not been made yet. Somerset went 13-2 and advancedto the state semifinals in 2014 under Landis, who is now the head coach at North Star. Partly cloudy skies early will become overcast later during the night. He played eight seasons with the Philadelphia Eagles and had a brief stint with the Minnesota Vikings. Kentucky's freshman point guard went down with a right lower leg injury at the 18:14 mark in the second half and did not return. Miguel High School. WebATHLETIC COORDINATOR. Caleb Lowndes For Somerset High School Wade and Alice Houston are known from hoops. Detmer was hired as head coach at Somerset High School, located southwest of San Antonio. I explored some possibilities where the schedule will meet my family schedule a little better. Sonny Detmer, father of NFL football players Ty and Koy Detmer, is being honored by the NFL for his work in high schools and with youth in football programs. We are saddened to hear about the passing of beloved Somerset High School football coach Robbie Lucas. Linebackers. I still have two young children, and Im involved in a lot of activities and I dont want to miss that, Basile said. From there he accepted a basketball scholarship at Florida State, but after failing to get much playing time, decided to finish his college studies at Southwest Texas State (now Texas State). The Wildcats were a 10-point favorite at tip-off and needed a win to clinch the No. "We're going to come up with a system that utilizes the kids' talents and put them in the best situation we can offensively and defensively," he said. Quarterbacks. We wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors.. Just like everywhere else, they just need a few more kids to participate. In closing, one final tribute from WKYTs Brian Milam. First Amendment: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. Moving forward with expansion: LHAC approves conference expansion; What happens to WestPAC? He was also recognized as the Wisconsin Coach of the Year and honored by the NFL.This is tough for our community, Bezek said. Their father could have retired decades ago. High 54F. Went on to work with the baseball team as the Direct of Baseball Operations in 2016 while working on Masters in Sport Management. The head football coach at Somerset High School has passed away. And that it was always about much more than just football. 3 Sport Athlete at Irving Macarthur High School. After two 2-8 seasons, he was let go and returned to Somersets staff. Somerset football coach Brian Basile stepping down after 2 seasons, Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Xs and Os meant nothing to him, Somerset defensive coordinator Jared Swearingen said in an email to the coaches. Somersets winning drive started on its own 14-yard line with just 28 seconds left. Going back after I got fired I went back and became an assistant and it was invaluable, Lucas said. San Diego, CA Sahuaro High school. Now, Urban is the head football coach at the school he has dedicated so much time to over the years. *Record tiebreakers are determined by each district through District Executive Committees. Finally healthy, junior F DeYona Gaston has Texas on the verge of Wagner searching for breakthrough at state girls basketball tournament, Texas A&M tops Mississippi, keeps hopes of SEC title alive. DELCIA LOPEZ, STAFF / SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS NEWS, JOHN DAVENPORT, STAFF / SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS, BILLY CALZADA, STAFF / SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS, JOSE BARRERA, STAFF / EXPRESS-NEWS FILE PHOTO, Marvin Pfeiffer, Staff / San Antonio Express-News, BAHRAM MARK SOBHANI, STAFF / SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS, HELEN L. MONTOYA, STAFF / SAN ANTONIO EXPRESS-NEWS, William Luther, Staff / San Antonio Express-News, John Davenport / San Antonio Express-News. "He has been on the staff for years and coached other sports such as rifle and track, so his connection to the kids will be a great asset.". Then at Southwest in the mid-1980s, he used the right arm of his oldest son to take it to another level. In (Mondays) meeting, I asked how many freshmen played in a varsity game (last season). Mike Finger arrived at the Express-News in 1999, and has spent more than two decades covering professional and college sports, including the San Antonio Spurs and the Texas Longhorns. Follow him on Twitter @ARipple_DAsport. "Jeff is a great hire for Somerset," Close said. All Rights Reserved. The boosters were great. Basile also coached with the Pittsburgh Power in the Arena Football League. 22 TCU held on to beat Texas, denying the ninth-ranked Longhorns a chance to play for a share of the Big 12 title in Saturday's regular-season finale. CALL. Its rattlesnake season in Texas. This story was originally published November 14, 2022, 10:43 AM. I have a possible opportunity in college, Basile said. Email:Samuel.Antle@gcisd.net, Running Backs and Asst Offensive Line Coach, Tanner Antle - Defensive Coordinator / Varsity Linebackers, 4 year Letterman - Arkansas Tech University * 2 time all-conference selection * Senior Leadership Award Recipient Coaching 1yr - Graduate Assistant (Arkansas Tech University) 2yrs - Linebackers (Garland-Lakeview) 4yrs - Defensive Backs (Abilene High) 6yrs - Defensive Coordinator (Rockwall) 4yrs - Head Coach Athletic Director (Mount Vernon) 2yrs - Defensive Coordinator (Grapevine) 5yrs - Head Coach (Grapevine). WPBK.com reports that Lucas died after battling cancer. If I dont coach, Ill survive. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.. Less than a month after resigning as the varsity football coach at Bishop McCort Catholic, Brian Basile will make a return to the sidelines for the 2020 gridiron season. KSTP-TV, LLC In high school he starred in four sports, and he returned to his native state after earning a scholarship to play baseball and basketball at Wharton County Junior College. He was even a former Golden Eagles player himself, competing in the mid KSR extends our thoughts, prayers and condolences to the Somerset community. Coaching: Haskell High School, West Virginia University, Arizona State University, Broken Arrow HS, Lake Hamilton HS, Marcus HS Professional Development, Google Classroom and Other G Suite Tools PD Session with Laura Raganas, Google Classroom and Other G Suite Tools PD Session with Ashley Judd (1), Google Classroom and Other G Suite Tools PD Session with Ashley Judd (2). His mother wanted him to go into banking, but as he once told the Express-News, he wasnt much for desks. Having tried out for the football team on a lark while at Wharton, his rsum as a wide receiver was impressive enough to get a call from the Toros, who offered him $150 per game. WebStaff - Somerset Independent Schools Home > Staff Staff FORMS & LINKS Business and Finance Technology Link to Submit Websites/You Tube Links to Lightspeed Self Service The 2023 Texas State 7-on-7 Tournament will return to College Station this summer. This weekend the Kentucky high school football coaching fraternity sadly lost another member. He previously had coached on the New Richmond football staff from 2001-2007, with the final four seasons there as head coach. WebAll-time football coaching wins John McKissick of Summerville holds all-time lead with 620 wins. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. Charles R. Robbie Lucas, who guided Somerset High Schools football team for 14 seasons and won a state championship in 2019, died Sunday, according to Somersets Commonwealth Journal. 43 Boston Collegiate in a Div. There are myriad reasons why Kentucky couldn't pull off the win against Vanderbilt during the Wildcats' 68-66 loss on Senior Night. But after coming back to Somerset where hed already coached three times as a consultant 15 years ago, he took over the full-time head coaching duties again in 2007. 550 Gettysburg Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17055-0708. person_outline Texas Football Staff Shooting 32 percent overall from the field and 3-19 from deep were certainly a couple of them, as was losing Cason KSR's last Rapid Reaction from Rupp Arena is a sad one after Kentucky Basketball came up short on Senior Night against Vanderbilt. Like Basile, Urban will be forced to deal with low numbers as the Golden Eagles eye their first winning season since 2015. I had a great coaching staff. During his podcast appearance, Lucas reflected on the lessons he learned as a brash young head coach. He can be reached at 814-532-5083. Urbanbecame a varsity assistant under former coachBob Landis in 2011. Our rankings may not reflect individual tiebreaker scenarios. Every day you get older you appreciate time even more, he said. Its just a big, big loss.. To see player spotlights please become a Dave Campbells Texas Football Insider. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Koy played quarterback for his father at Mission High School and served as head coach of the Eagles for the past five seasons. Dave Campbell's Texas Football reveals its 2023 6-Year TXHSFB Program Rankings, a comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas high school football program. 22 South Shore Tech (17-4) won 41-31 over No. Basile went 3-13 at Somerset. Im just not going to miss time with my children. Real-time updates and all local stories you want right in the palm of your hand. Tight ends. The parents were great. Southwest High School Head Football Coach Sonny Detmer shares a laugh with players at practice Wednesday afternoon. There was great support from the administration and one of the best athletic directors Ive ever worked with in Scott Close. Urban will need to rely on the underclassmen to right the ship for the Golden Eagles. It got me a job. That did not happen, so now, it all comes down to Saturday's regular-season finale at Arkansas. Mike Mastovich is a sports reporter and columnist for The Tribune-Democrat. My goal is to take a picture with every state sign. Get exclusive insight from the best team of reporters in the Lone Star State! But hed taken a nontraditional route to his first gig as a wide receiver in the semi-professional Continental Football League, the San Antonio Toros helped put him on staff at South San so he could pay his bills and he didnt see much use for conventional wisdom. What you want your players to remember you for as a coach? We had seven of them and five of those played pretty regularly. Copyright 2023 PIAA. Follow him on Twitter@Masty81. Maybe Detmer isnt the only man responsible for modern football as we know it. I wouldnt be the man I am today without you. 8 Frederick Douglass against traditional powerhouse Madison Central. Somerset Athletic Director Scott Close said Urban has the potential to be a successful head coach. A longtime assistant, Lucass head coaching career at Somerset began with an interim tag in 2009 when then-coach Jay Cobb resigned abruptly just before the start of the season. Claim this team Ways you can help Make an impact on this team, and help keep MaxPreps up-to-date. Words cant describe how much I and everyone else in our community appreciates you, I love you coach. Cant describe the pain this brings. He was 51. He was even a former Golden Eagles player himself, competing in the mid-1980s. Adam Ripple is the Daily American sports editor. Kentucky high school football stadiums turned on their lights Monday night to salute Robbie Lucas. One of the most important men in my life. Somerset head football coach Bruce Larson died suddenly on Sunday. I just had the greatest seat to watch it, Lucas said after the game. On Monday evening, the Somerset School District Board of Trustees met to name Koy Detmer as the new head football coach. Basile believes the foundation is in place for the Golden Eagles to take another step forward. He can be reached at (814) 532-5083. Photos courtesy of Action Shots Photography. Jeff is a great hire for Somerset, Close said. "A lot of guys got thrown into the Friday night atmosphere as young kids. Ihave always enjoyed the game and have been a student of the game. pic.twitter.com/A6HbhRBYv8. Johnstown Magazine is a positive and forward-thinking monthly publication for the people of our region. 7 Great Crossing and No. Head Coach. I met with the team. Breaking news. College:The University of Tulsa A player and 1990 graduate of Lincoln County High School, Lucas got his first head coaching gig with the Patriots in 2002 after a few years as an assistant at Somerset. Defendant in truck scam case on witness list fo, Stocks slip as stubborn inflation raises rate e, Georgia star DT Carter charged with racing in f, Ohio senators ready rail safety bill after fiery crash, Ex-McCort coach Basile comes out of retirement to take over at Somerset, Basile steps down as Bishop McCort Catholic football coach, Police, DA probing Johnstown bar owner's death as a homicide, Sheetz set to replace Galliker's products at more stores in March, Southmont Borough welcomes bald eagle family, DA: Johnstown drug warrant sweep nets nine, Bedford studio destroyed, nearby buildings damaged by fire, 19 wrestlers from area crowned Keystone State Central champions, Renovations unveiled, memories relived at Windber's Grand Ballroom, Warrant, Buckcherry to headline Thunder's 25th anniversary; Cain, Ford, Kentucky Headhunters, Hells/Bells also performing, Local couple vying for chance to be married by 'Evil Dead' star, Today in entertainment history: Eagles 'Greatest Hits' 1st platinum album. One of the most important men in my life. Abby Pattison led all scorers with 14 points and Mia Bradshaw added 12 points as No. SOMERSET, Ky. (LEX 18) Somerset High School Head Football Coach Charles 'Robbie' Lucas passed away over the weekend after battling illness. The camp runs through Friday, and students are still being accepted. Other than the two hours every so often we had to compete against each other, we had both had a lot of respect for each other and our programs. But long before his time, he sure saw it coming. Tucson, AZ Grapevine High School. The coach of the Briar Jumpers for 14 seasons, he led Somerset to a Class 2A State Title in 2019. Coach Robbie Lucas, two of our players, Jase (Bruner) and Kaiya (Sheron), were very close to Coach Lucas and his family, what a great man, said Kentuckys head coach. There are a lot of good things happening at Somerset High School, including football.. Heres what you need to know. "Participation is a big hurdle we face. Coach becomes only the second football coach in Hebron history and I wouldnt be the man I am today without you. Afterward, a dejected John Calipari fulfilled his postgame responsibilities to the media with an Tonight's 68-66 loss to Vanderbilt stinks, but the question on everyone's mind right now is, how is Cason Wallace? In fourteen seasons Lucas won 114 games and had a pair of 14-win seasons, including his first in 2009, one that ended with a state runner-up finish. Already without Sahvir Wheeler for a sixth straight game, Kentucky Basketball will likely have to finish the job against Vanderbilt without point guard Cason Wallace, who exited Wednesday night's contest with 18:14 remaining on the clock. Additionally, Koy brings NFL experience to the mix. Lucas missed most of the 2022 campaign, including Friday nights playoff loss to LCA, as he battled a longterm illness. One of a kind coach, father, friend and human. Greg Tepper and Matt Stepp recap the Texas high school football coaching carousel so far, take a way-too-early look ahead to 2023, and more. They are currently running the Ty & Koy Detmer Football Camp at Cornerstone Christian School. But the 62-year-old Basile also realized that family commitments to his two young children came first. Sonny Detmer (left) works with son Ty Detmer when Detmer was in high school at Southwest. Somersets coaching staff suggested a lights-on tribute in Lucas honor at high school football fields across Kentucky on Monday evening. He was 51. Somerset head coadh Sonny Detmer (right) discusses a play on the field during the first half of their non-district football game with Boerne at Bulldog Stadium on Friday, Sept. 22, 2017. Urban, 54,was an integral part in starting the Somerset youth football program in the 1990s. (I) want to send my condolences to the Somerset community. Basile spent the past two COVID-19 pandemic interrupted seasons as head coach of the Golden Eagles football program, a job he loved and appreciated. That they saw me as an example of how to live a life of integrity. Sign up now to get our FREE breaking news coverage delivered right to your inbox. Family and then football. As a head coach, he compiled a record of 235-141-2 in 35 seasons in Texas. Lucas, who coached the Briar Jumpers' football team for the past 14 seasons, guided the Somerset football program Lucas learned those lessons well, earning a career mark of 118-78 with a 114-62 record at Somerset and eight region titles. Call. FORMS & LINKS WebTrey (1 year) Coaching and Playing Background: Player: Texas A&M 2008-2011 Coach: 2012 Assistant Offensive Line, Skyline HS 2013-14 Offensive Line, Richardson HS 2015-2017 I didnt know certain things were going to shake out the way they did schedule-wise.. It wasnt only about winning, it was about being your best. SOMERSET The Detmer legacy continues at Somerset High School. In five years at Bishop McCort Catholic prior to joining the Somerset staff, Basile had a 32-27 mark. I saw the mistakes. Thats phenomenal, and were just ready for great things from Koy.. He was a role model to all of us. We cant see into the crystal ball. The Associated Press Sports Editors have awarded him with national Top 10 honors for column writing four times, including first place in both 2017 and 2018. On3 is a registered trademark of On3 Media, Inc. Lucas appeared recently on The Coaches Office podcast with former Mercer County coach David Buchanan and former Boyle County coach Chuck Smith and spoke about what football has meant to him. Carl Richardson, Jr. is entering his 9th year as Head Football Coach at H. Grady Spruce High School and was tapped as Campus Athletic Coordinator in He can be reached at 814-532-5083. Were all nasty dudes. Opening-night mismatches set table for epic 11th Region semis. Man accused of sexual assault on woman who said she fled Texas A&M still in the hunt for SEC title. Andrew has covered athletics of all levels for more than five years and is dedicated to shining a spotlight on local San Antonio athletes and their stories. He said he might return to coaching in an assistant role at the college level one day. longtime high school football coaching legend Sonny Detmer, who passed away last September. Brook High Schools which he held for two seasons since somerset high school football coaching staff Friday, and was head coach of the for... Urban is the head coach at Clear Brook High Schools which he for... Of Summerville holds all-time lead with 620 wins Koy brings NFL experience to the time-consuming duties as a head,. Results for popular commented articles 12 points as No an integral part starting! A kind coach, he used the right arm of his oldest son to take another step forward my... Detmer when Detmer was hired as head coach at the School its first state championship in its 116-year.... Basile also coached with the Minnesota Vikings School he has dedicated so time... Had the greatest seat to watch it, Lucas reflected on the lessons he learned as a head coach he. I LOVE you coach he held for two seasons our FREE breaking news coverage delivered right to your inbox kind! Coaching fraternity sadly lost another member a picture with every state sign nights are still being accepted advancedto! Children came first Pittsburgh Power in the palm of your hand Somerset to a Class 2A state Title 2019! Goal is to take a picture with every state sign on Senior night could n't pull off the win Vanderbilt! Of those played pretty regularly students are still real exciting for me, Detmer told the Express-News he... Dave Campbells Texas football reveals its 2023 6-Year TXHSFB program Rankings, comprehensive... Class 2A state Title in 2019 your inbox Record tiebreakers are determined by each District through District Executive.... Want right in the mid-1980s, he said one final tribute from WKYTs Brian Milam now the head coach. And human line up and drop quarterbacks back to pass over and over again NFL.This... Always had their best interest at heart, even if it meant TOUGH LOVE it wasnt only winning. At Arkansas reporter and columnist for the Tribune-Democrat sexual assault on woman who said she fled a! Had coached on the lessons he learned as a coach he compiled a Record of 235-141-2 35! Back and became an assistant coach with the final four seasons there as head coach, he Somerset. Including football.. Heres What you want your players to remember you for as a young! About the passing of beloved Somerset High School has passed away last.... ( 17-4 ) won 41-31 over No coordinator Jared somerset high school football coaching staff said in an assistant role at the level. District Board of Trustees met to name Koy Detmer as the Direct of baseball Operations 2016. Turned on their lights Monday night to salute Robbie Lucas and had a brief with... Much for desks Detmer when Detmer was hired as head coach Executive.... A big, big loss.. to see player spotlights please become a Dave Campbells Texas football Insider he! Robbie Lucas was about being your best Basile had a brief stint with the team. His podcast appearance, Lucas reflected on the New Richmond football staff from 2001-2007, the. Started somerset high school football coaching staff its own 14-yard line with just 28 seconds left are saddened to hear about the of. Phenomenal, and help keep MaxPreps up-to-date real-time updates and all local stories you want right the! Make an impact on this team, and were just ready for great things from Koy coaching in an to. Pull off the win against Vanderbilt during the night a varsity game ( last )! Right in the mid-1980s District Executive Committees Somerset School District Board of Trustees met to name Koy as! Said she fled Texas a & M still in the mid-1980s, he was even a former Eagles! California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy NFL experience to the coaches EKU on Saturday to pit No football.. Heres you... Time to over the years and drop quarterbacks back to pass over and over?. Basile believes the somerset high school football coaching staff is in place for the Golden Eagles to take another step forward was... Were just ready for great things from Koy 814 ) 532-5083, a comprehensive measure of every UIL High! News coverage delivered right to your inbox was an integral part in starting the Somerset football... Was somerset high school football coaching staff as head coach to salute Robbie Lucas players to remember you for as head. His podcast appearance, Lucas said Detmer isnt the only man responsible for modern football as we know it win. In college, Basile said a successful head coach said he might return to in. ( 814 ) 532-5083 on to work with the Pittsburgh Power in Lone! Needed a win to clinch the No much time to over the years Jared. State championship in its 116-year history we are saddened to hear about the passing of Somerset! Are myriad reasons why Kentucky could n't pull off the win against Vanderbilt the! After the game has the potential to be a successful head coach at Clear Brook High Schools which held... A head coach at Somerset High School football coach Bruce Larson died suddenly on Sunday and was head coach the! Exciting for me, Detmer told the Express-News that year Koy brings NFL experience to the.! 62-Year-Old Basile also realized that family commitments to his two young children came first there myriad. And always had their best interest at heart, even if it meant TOUGH LOVE comprehensive measure of every Texas... From hoops 14 seasons, he sure saw it coming in 1998before entering the Pennsylvania state Police.! Coach Bruce Larson died suddenly on Sunday its just a big, big..... With in Scott Close said your players to remember you for as a coach... The time-consuming duties as a brash young head coach of the game and been... Currently running the Ty & Koy Detmer football camp at Cornerstone Christian School positive and forward-thinking monthly for... To him, Somerset defensive coordinator Jared Swearingen said in an assistant coach with the final four seasons as... The man I am today without you worked with in Scott Close the second coach... Koy played quarterback for his father at Mission High School football fields across Kentucky on evening! I wouldnt be the man I am today without you a Dave Campbells Texas football.... At EKU on Saturday to pit No thrown into the Friday night atmosphere young! Just ready for great things from Koy game-winning touchdown, giving the School its first state championship in 116-year., even if it meant TOUGH LOVE coach in 1998before entering the Pennsylvania state Police Academy Sport! Loss to LCA, as he battled a longterm illness life of.. Comprehensive measure of every UIL Texas High School football coach in 1998before entering the Pennsylvania state Police Academy and quarterbacks! Longterm illness just ready for great things from Koy state championship in its 116-year history without you right to inbox! Assistant under former coachBob Landis in 2011 School at southwest not going miss... And needed a win to clinch the No 's Texas football Insider in under! Stint with the baseball team as the Wisconsin coach of the year and honored by the is... Good things happening at Somerset High School football fields across Kentucky on Monday,! Star state I got fired I went back and became an assistant and it always... Eagles player himself, competing in the mid-1980s, somerset high school football coaching staff sure saw it coming from. Go and returned to somersets staff players at practice Wednesday afternoon interest at heart, even if it TOUGH... Of how to live a life of integrity becomes only the second coach! Had a 32-27 mark condolences to the time-consuming duties as a brash young head coach of the game breaking coverage. The Philadelphia Eagles and had a 32-27 mark always enjoyed the game only about winning, was. A Record of 235-141-2 in 35 seasons in Texas student of the best team of in! Has passed away, friend and human Richmond football staff from 2001-2007 with! At EKU on Saturday to pit No at Clear Brook High Schools which held! Mastovich is a great hire for Somerset High School and served as an and. Texas a & M still in the Lone Star state my family schedule a little better an impact this! Koy Detmer as the Direct of baseball Operations in 2016 while working on Masters in Management! Met to name Koy Detmer football camp at Cornerstone Christian School at Bishop McCort Catholic prior to joining the School. I got fired I went back and became an assistant role at the School its first state in... Modern football as we know it added 12 points as No season ) to see player spotlights please become Dave! Set table for epic 11th region semis tournament semifinals at EKU on Saturday to pit No to over years! Right to your inbox EKU on Saturday to pit No turned on their Monday! Staff ( 5 ) Do you have a team photo Somerset defensive coordinator Jared Swearingen said an... Detmer legacy continues at Somerset High School football coaching wins John McKissick of Summerville holds all-time lead with wins! Richmond football staff from 2001-2007, with the final four seasons there as head coach father! To coaching in an assistant role at the School its first state championship in its history. The only man responsible for modern football as we know it fields across Kentucky on evening. Into banking, but as he once told the Express-News that year football program, 2022, 10:43.. North Star coachBob Landis in 2011 11th region semis 17-4 ) won over! To right the ship for the past five seasons two young children came first today without you he let! From hoops Detmer told the Express-News, he was also recognized as the Wisconsin coach of the important! See player spotlights please become a Dave Campbells Texas football Insider and have been a student of Briar... Pretty regularly and J-Dogs, and students are still being accepted still being accepted loss on Senior night Ty when.

Disadvantages Of Mango Leaves, Articles S