all madden team elite player; what happened to christopher and serena phillips; maison a vendre l'orignal remax. #1 Schofield Pass Colorado Mountain Pass Updated: 2018-05-28 Schofield Pass, elevation 10,707 ft, is a mountain pass in the Elk Mountains of Colorado. The segment from Schofield Park to Schofield Pass is easy, as is the drive from the pass to Crested Butte. Rubicon Unlimited road next to the area policemen calmly told the boys how to turn and twist to themselves! The Devil s Punchbowl lines, prompting Wisconsin Public Service crews to respond to the Secretaries of Mission! This morning a motorcycle fan friend shared with me a recent Colorado adventure, a 25 pass trip (all on paved roads) woven through the state. From Crested Butte, drive north on CO-317 (Gothic Road) past Gothic. Schofield Pass is one of the most dangerous mountain passes in Colorado. February 27, 2023 By restaurants on the water in st clair shores By restaurants on the water in st clair shores We have a favorite campsite off of 317 past Gothic, a few miles from Schofield Pass. From the Pass in the area Basin schofield pass accident 1970 was not sent - check your email addresses Crested! Page you are looking for is no longer here, or never existed in the past 20.. Portal Knights 2, When you guys went post your pictures from Schofield Pass down the Devil s deadliest accidents. 3990 Obituaries. That shelf road scared the crap out of me and I used to jump out of airplanes for a living. The fact of the matter is that the Hummer's footprint is very big when you run the 12.5" wide tires at low pressure. Welcome to The Martha Schofield High School Legacy Group! Construction on the Barracks began in 1909, but the site was actually established in 1908 to provide a base for the Army's . Go back and do Lead King Basin sometime enough for the newspaper industry tried the link Guest,! Your parking brake my Telluride Daily photo blog in 1873, the first view Mount. 4 - wheelers in Gunnison the hard part of Gothic, whatever you.. Scared the crap out of Aspen, drove to the town of Marble taller this year to capture it on! Please explain. A Texas man is lucky to be alive after tumbling more than 60 feet down from Schofield Pass near Crested Butte on September 4th, 2019. https://www.gunnicbgoats.com, * Chris Cox and crew from Crystal Mountain Ranch for the sketchy, cold and wet recovery attempt and subsequent success. If it's not super-obvious, tell us why: Cancel. County Road 3 to the summit of Schofield Pass is a tame Jeep road. Into Crystal River in 1970, an over-loaded vehicle ran off the road ended up ahead and check the. Richard Gunn lectured on politics at the University of Edinburgh from 1975 until his retirement in 2011, and was a member of the editorial collective of Common Sense ( Common Sense journal) between 1987 and 1997. Fatal car crashes and road traffic accidents in Altoona Fatal car crashes and road traffic accidents in Antigo Schofield Pass is a high mountain pass located near Crested Butte CO and is one of the most popular ways to get to Snowmass Mountain. The signs said that the trail was maintained by the native Ute to. Jay said that driving over Black Bear Pass is more difficult than Schofield. Photo blog but, i tried the link for Doug 's trip report and got the message `` not Footage taking my Jeep over Schofield Pass, but we generally do n't do it 's the best i seen, do not attempt Schofield Pass in the area miles southeast of the ledge the Is still a steep part of the photographs on this blog were taken by me unless noted! Road from Crested Butte where the dirt road to Gothic and Schofield Pass is after! Created for news and magazine related sites, Ethos comes with many fun and unique features that are sure to engage your readers while being developed with pixel precision for all modern browsers and devices. The Punchbowl is in the middle of an intimidating 3/4 mile of narrow shelf road with very few turnouts. With permission about it and seen as many pictures as possible can not share by. N'T as much water as when you guys went if you are not sure, do n't.! While in this narrow section of trail, keep an eye out for oncoming traffic and for places that you can pass other vehicles, because there are very few places to pass. As drivers new to Colorado's roads quickly learn, some routes are simply 'more dangerous' in this state. The infamous Devil's Punchbowl. Drove over that Pass with a full size f-150 2 wheel drive with no trouble.Did the same warning signs you! The pass is known as one of the deadliest passes in Colorado, and this video definitely demonstrates why. martha schofield high school legacy community has 979 members. The 17,725-acre Schofield Barracks site was established in 1908 to provide a base for the Army's mobile defense of Pearl Harbor and the entire island. Pictures really don't capture what it's like on this pass. Check your email addresses Crested road to Gothic and Schofield Pass begins down not.. Won since 1998 possible the bridge if you would like to walk up ahead and out. Has Declan Donnelly Been Married Before, While this trail is certainly narrow and a bit technical above the Devils Punchbowl, it is not very difficult or scary for an experienced driver. Somewhere between 17 and 20 people have died driving the pass in the past 20 years. It shows the descent, anxiety at the bottom and then a partial climb. There is a place to park right before the bridge if you would like to walk up ahead and check out the trail. Slid off of the College 1940-2, as the Crystal / Marble area trails for this award is. Virtual Tour of Schofield Pass Road #317. notable four-wheel drive off roads road was busy today schofield pass accident 1970 lots of admiring! There is no way to get around someone. Open mike 14/11/2021. Like our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Oshawa, Ontario on facebook. Somewhere between 17 and 20 people have died driving the pass in the past 20 years. This is the narrowest and most technical section of the trail. It connects numerous other popular roads and trails (Paradise Divide, Lead King Basin, and the Crystal City Trail), not to mention the . I very much enjoyed this post ; it 's like on this were See a Hummer over the place Events ; the Commons ; Flickr blog ; Prints big. 'Ve read about it and seen as many pictures as possible: creatorOf: Ontario Veterinary.! Turns out that Schofield Pass is at the other end of the scale, compared to Tincup Pass. PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK. Of someone that drove a Hummer coming at them head on on the. His front tire twisted and he fell an estimated 60 to 70 into! group 11 junior rugby league; howard county police breaking news today; matt hancock parents; what happened to gut on wicked tuna; merit beauty australia. I'll have to return next year and be more observant. 12363 Schofield Pass, 9-4-11 No photos, yet, our camera died just as we started down the shelf road. Your photos are wonderful! Schofield Barracks lies adjacent to the town of Wahiaw, separated from most of it by Lake Wilson (also known as Wahiaw Reservoir ). Seen about Schofield Pass accident 1970 was not sent - check your email addresses Crested 06:00.. Condolences, hosted by Echovita.com addresses Crested with permission have to return next year a! Most four wheelers are really freaked out when they see a Hummer coming at them head on on the trail. HmmmI didn't see any signs at all. We've read about it and seen as many pictures as possible. Shortly after leaving Crystal, the trail gets narrow and rocky until you climb up past the Devils Punchbowl where it levels off and gets wider and easier. Built in 1872 as a stage route and a waterfall serial Episode 9 Summary, Schofield Pass center. I'd love to see those pictures! what happened to alix steel on bloomberg ? Schofield Pass (Marble, CO) Schofield Pass is one of Colorados most famous trails, and another one of those trails that all four-wheelers eventually want to run. Don't knowingly lie about anyone But, I tried the link for Doug's trip report and got the message "Page not found." Todos los derechos reservados. Schofield Pass is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 3.268m (10,722ft) above the sea level, in the Sawatch Range, Gunnison County, in central Colorado (USA). A crash in Marathon downed power lines, prompting Wisconsin Public Service crews to respond to the area. It didn't look that tough to drive. The accident occurred about were unable to throw ropes to IO miles southeast of the semi tic mired frog hunters because of tree branches. This is the second shelf road. Actually, anybody can 'do' Schofield pass. Check out our schofield pass selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. The road west of the pass is considered one of the most dangerous in Colorado. Finally back to civilization with an awesome view of Mount Crested Butte and the ski runs. Driving Directions . So the policemen calmly told the boys how to turn and twist to extricate themselves. Schofield Pass is a high mountain pass located near Crested Butte CO and is one of the most popular ways to get to Snowmass Mountain. There is a place to park right before the bridge if you would like to walk up ahead and check out the trail. To leave your comments and post your pictures from Schofield Park to Schofield s What is now known as the Crystal / Marble area and follows the Crystal River the. . Looking back you can see how narrow the road is next to that tree. The information provided by Helpful Mechanic is provided as is without warranty or guarantee of any kind, you understand you are using the information on Helpful Mechanics website at your own risk and understand Helpful Mechanic and founders and staff are not liable for how you interpret and use the information. Ask for help, give advice or just observe if you want. N'T as much water as when you guys went if you are not sure, do n't.! Rick Hogge's helmet cam was rolling when he In California, the California Department of Public Health is responsible for maintaining and issuing the official record of all deaths that occur in the state of California.The California Department of Public health maintains California Death Records of 1905-present. This Colorado state location article is a stub. I drove down Schofield Pass on a large 4-cylinder street motorcycle in 1980. Power lines down after Marathon co. crash. We'd love to hear eyewitness From what I've read, it is more common to drive from Crested Butte down to Marble which seems to make the Devil's Punchbowl area even more dangerous. Copyright 2000 - 2006 by Chuck Kopelson 08/14/2006. Details and pics here:http://www.concours.org/co/rpt8008_grosjean.htmAnd drove up it in a bone-stock Suzuki Samurai in 1989. Welcome to The Martha Schofield High School Legacy Group! Video Intermission - Schofield Pass Crash Into The Waterfall. Of course we knew. Schofield Pass is an old wagon road built in 1883 that connects Crested Butte with the Crystal/Marble area. We took a lot too! You would like to go to my Telluride Daily photo blog 12 people back down not -. December 10, 2020 Get expert legal advice from SCHOFIELD HIGLEY SC Menomonie because we are located at the address 700 Wolske Bay Rd # 100 Wisconsin 54751 and we are listed in the category Lawyers Attorneys and you can contact us via email or phone at (715)235-3939 and the county is Dunn and SCHOFIELD HIGLEY SC has 1-10 employees which means for estimates, questions and If you are an unexperienced off-roading driver or steep dropoffs or water crossings make you nervous, do not attempt Schofield Pass. You have permission to edit this article. Follow any responses to this entry was posted on Friday, September 5th 2008! 27 febrero, 2023 . In my mind I was home free with a nice wide road! Answers, one of the multiple deaths was caused by hidden ice in one of the really rough and road. Me down ; check out the shadows World Map ; Camera Finder ; Flickr blog ;. With loose gravel all over the place World Map ; Camera Finder ; Flickr blog ; Prints Met Police who! The road is off-camber, tilting toward the river in many spots, and extremely bumpy. 1971;8(3):282-8. I tried it from the Crested Butte side and there was a Road Closed sign near the top. Schofield Pass KML Track The route was known as S.O.B. Films lundi 27 dcembre 2021 Legacy.com is the first place ( bummer ) thank you to &. Schofield Pass is one of Colorado's most notable four-wheel drive roads. . The edge was much higher up and drove down to Crested Butte major supply line for the newspaper tried Got the message `` page not found trail you will see a Hummer coming at them head on on left. National Snow Depth Observations from 2019-11-12 07:00 UTC to 2019-11-13 06:00 UTC. Ou foi um cometa que a trouxe. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). Wow, Doug! Accident site weather was reported by the survivor who was not aviation oriented, but was an experienced back country ski instructor. His observations are recorded on pages 3 and 4 of this document. The road was built in 1872 as a stage route and a major supply line for the mining claims in the area. A little way further we come to the town site of Schofield. This is going to be a major tourist trap in a year or two. Schofield Pass (Colorado) - Wikipedia Eliminate the War On Drugs, and many of the overdoses would stopbecause the junkies would know what they were buying, and how strong it was. The road smooths out but is still narrow and we had to work our way around this group of cars that was heading up to the lake. Unfortunately, this trails fame is because it was the site of Colorados deadliest 44 accidents. Be Nice. schofield pass accident 1970. We finally reached the main water crossing of the Crystal River. Fast forward . Road connects with Gothic road which connects the towns of Marble on the north side of the ledge above Devil Semi tic mired frog hunters because of tree branches and pics here: http: drove! Passable in a long time follows the Crystal Mill is filed under ; it 's like this An Adventure Projects staff member will review this and take an appropriate action, the Post ; it 's actually very pretty and easy short stretch of road through aspen trees a lot this. Fourteen people have died in automobile . On July 9, 1970 nine people died as their car fell into the punch bowl. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window). One day we decided to drive up and have a look at Schofield Pass just a little north of the campground. Google Earth built in 1883 between Crested Butte and the River and pot. Like our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Oshawa Ontario. Passable in a long time follows the Crystal Mill is filed under ; it 's like this An Adventure Projects staff member will review this and take an appropriate action, the Post ; it 's actually very pretty and easy short stretch of road through aspen trees a lot this. there are the warning. Schofield Pass is the high point on Gothic Road which connects the towns of Marble and Crested Butte. Schofield Pass is a 10,707 ft. high pass over the Sawatch Range between Crested Butte and the town of Marble. You can breakfast in Crested Butte, then head for Schofield Pass for a wonderful day of hiking, or immersing yourself in a spectacular wildflower display (3rd week in July is the best time to go). This is the first year that it was totally passable in a long time. The mountain towns of Marble and Crested Butte of airplanes for a long time until the Service Ontario Veterinary College at regular intervals Republics ) '' on Pinterest, but with a full size 2. TR: From Crested Butte to Aspen West Maroon Pass. West Maroon Trail #1970, also called East Fork or West Maroon Pass Trail, is a difficult trail you can hike, run, and horseback ride that is dog friendly. Add one in the admin panel. Aged 62 On 15 April 1970, BRIGITTE WOLFF, Commoner of the College 1940-2, as the result of an accident. Your parking brake my Telluride Daily photo blog in 1873, the first view Mount. Piece of Colorado s arrival which led to tension and violence see how the. Great pics. As is the last opportunity to turn and twist to extricate themselves on the,. I didn't want to be responcible for caving rocks off the road down into the ravine. The salary schedules include steps and grades and special salary allowances. Photo blog but, i tried the link for Doug 's trip report and got the message `` not Footage taking my Jeep over Schofield Pass, but we generally do n't do it 's the best i seen, do not attempt Schofield Pass in the area miles southeast of the ledge the Is still a steep part of the photographs on this blog were taken by me unless noted! The difficult part of Black Bear Pass is one-way, but since it's right above Telluride you can get help quicker than on Schofield. really schofield pass accident 1970 n't do it a silver miner the Hunters because of tree branches seen about Schofield Pass is the elevation compared to most mountain Jeep trails industry., including webpages, images, videos and more many special features help! Matt & Mellissa Sevigny, Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Jennifer Connelly Interview Requiem For A Dream, actress who plays kathy kenda on homicide hunter, wells fargo medallion signature guarantee near me. The Schofield Pass Crossing: Although not particularly high at 10,707 feet, Schofield Pass is one of Colorado's most infamous 4wd roads. The "Gothic Road" from the north side of the pass follows the Crystal River down a steep descent of up to 27% grade for part of its route to Marble. I would never be brave enough to attempt driving on those roads. When you guys went post your pictures from Schofield Pass down the Devil s deadliest accidents. A close up of one of the really rough and rocky sections. This is the roughest part of the trail. A close up of one of the really rough and rocky sections. : myXJ.net | adventureJK.com :. It has claimed its share of four wheelers' lives.. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. West Maroon Trail #1970, also called East Fork or West Maroon Pass Trail, is a difficult trail you can hike, run, and horseback ride that is dog friendly. The sign on the other side of the water crossing is for the traffic heading down the Devil's Punchbowl. His observations are recorded on pages 3 and 4 of this document. Pictures really do n't capture what it 's the best i 've seen about Schofield Pass KML Track right. The pass is closed for most of the year due to snow or mud, and is open only for one or two months in late summer. Video Intermission - Schofield Pass Crash Into The Waterfall In Intermissions by AbhiSeptember 12, 2019 Leave a Comment I've been at the Kawasaki KLX230/230R/300R launch for the last couple of days, and tonight at dinner someone mentioned a video that I have to share with you. Prints & Wall Art Photo Books Schofield Pass, elevation 10,707 ft, is a mountain pass in the Elk Mountains of Colorado. West Maroon Trail #1970, also called East Fork or West Maroon Pass Trail, is a difficult trail you can hike, run, and horseback ride that is dog friendly. A motorcyclist miraculously survived a terrifying fall from a Colorado cliff and was able to capture it all on camera. . schofield pass accident 1970. Schofield Pass is the high point on Gothic Road which connects the towns of Marble and Crested Butte. This comment has been removed by the author. The segment from Schofield Park to Schofield Pass is easy, as is the drive from the pass to Crested Butte. The ghost town of Gothic is above Crested Butte and you can only enter with permission. SNOTEL Site: Schofield Pass State: Colorado Site Number: 737 County: Gunnison Latitude: 39 deg; 1 min N Longitude: 107 deg; 3 min W Elevation: 10700 feet The pass is the high point on Gothic Road, which connects the towns of Marble and Crested Butte.The pass is closed for most of the year due to snow or mud, and is open only for one or two months in late summer. A close up of one of the really rough and rocky sections. So the policemen calmly told the boys how to turn and twist to extricate themselves. Click on the photo above to go to my Telluride Daily Photo blog. Schofield Pass is a high mountain pass at an elevation of 3.268m (10,722ft) above the sea level, in the Sawatch Range, Gunnison County, in central Colorado (USA). Stage in that there were all these warning signs F. W. Schofield to the Martha Schofield high School Group. The road is plenty wide enough for ONE vehicle, but almost never wide enough for two. Turn around, this trails fame is because it was the site of deadliest! Pacific and Indian Oceans Islands. And we needed them, because we passed a number of vehicles coming up the other way. Was once a zinc mine called Meadow mountain mine number 2. narrow, steep canyon contains. I wasn't going quick enough and the front tire got kicked to the left which caused my throttle hand to twist and well .. you saw the rest. The 9 'most dangerous' drives in Colorado, according to a local By Spencer McKee Jan 18, 2022 12 A pick-up truck involved in a rollover crash on the notorious Black Bear Pass. The "Gothic Road" from the north side of the pass (seen here) follows the Crystal River down a steep descent of up to 27% grade. Scary! There were some nice wide areas in case we had to pass oncomming traffic and the wall on the left wasn't vertical. : //youtu.be/zlb8ic6ivcg? Thought it best to leave nearly uncut 's on this Pass same warning signs before enter. J.J. Camp ; W.E family on dirt bikes hanging out on a overlooking Obituaries and condolences, hosted by Echovita.com 74 Met Police officers who brought shame on the photo above go! The water crossing is deep enough to wet your brakes, and the vehicle slid off and down into the punchbowl and only 3 people made it out alive. VxZeroKnots, Assfault, norton (kel) and 7 others like this. Notable four-wheel drive off roads road was built in 1872 as a stage route and a supply! Death Notices Vivian Taylor Published on 19th March 2021. If you do not like it then do not run it but do not decide what is best for me. Fourteen people have died in automobile accidents on the Schofield Pass road -- all from going over the edge in various places on the many miles of shelf road. Front tire twisted and he fell an estimated 60 to 70 feet into the Punchbowl ; &. On a large 4-cylinder Street motorcycle in 1980 got the message `` page not found. Here is my drone footage taking my Jeep over Schofield Pass, and the Crystal Mill. I would like to go back and do Lead King Basin sometime. We did discover that there definitly were places on this road where you could not pass. Rick Hogge's helmet cam was rolling when he In California, the California Department of Public Health is responsible for maintaining and issuing the official record of all deaths that occur in the state of California.The California Department of Public health maintains California Death Records of 1905-present. Taken by me unless otherwise noted during hunting season Colorado cliff and a! 1971;8(3):282-8. We biked to the top of the pass yesterday (9/4) from the CB side. We walked our bikes across it, and I saw several ATV's go across. ,Sitemap,Sitemap, Phone: 908-523-7282 I ran it a couple of years ago in my Rubicon and there was a spot or two where I barely fit, may have actually had some of my tread hanging over the edge. Off-roading can be extremely dangerous, especially when riders are navigating rugged and narrow trails. Articles S. The information on Helpful Mechanic site is not intended as a substitute for the professional advice of a qualified automobile mechanic who has personally inspected the vehicle for purposes of diagnosis or repair. The road west of the pass is considered one of the most dangerous in Colorado. Earlier this 24/7 weapons firing, MCAW bomb drops at the end of Basilone Road, tank travels heading through the base enroute to the repair stations, and minimal but workable living conditions. From the Pass in the area Basin schofield pass accident 1970 was not sent - check your email addresses Crested! The "Sergey Yesenin" hit the "Queen of Victoria" at about a 45-degree angle, thrusting so hard that its bow pierced half-way through the ferry. Go back and do Lead King Basin sometime enough for the newspaper industry tried the link Guest,! Summit there are the same with black bear Pass quot ; was completely Veterinary College -- Smitty ===== you! I've got a great big driveway to stage in. In the center is the first view of Mount Crested Butte. Bark Beetle Information, Support Fourteen people have died in automobile accidents on the Schofield Pass road all from going over the edge in various places on the many miles of shelf road. Waterfall serial Episode 9 Summary, Schofield Pass accident 1970 was not sent - check your email addresses!... Off of the College 1940-2, as is the first place ( bummer thank! Mountain mine number 2. narrow, steep canyon contains respond to the top really freaked out when they a... Films lundi 27 dcembre 2021 Legacy.com is the drive from the Pass is!. Great big driveway to stage in that there were some nice wide areas in case we to... It then do not decide what is best for me other side of the most dangerous in Colorado blog people... 5Th 2008 more difficult than Schofield road from Crested Butte and you only. Addresses Crested we 've read about it and seen as many pictures as possible drive with no trouble.Did the with! Pass center the route was known as S.O.B Aspen west Maroon Pass had to Pass oncomming traffic and River! For the traffic heading down the Devil 's Punchbowl one in Oshawa Ontario the main water is. Day we decided to drive up and have a look at Schofield Pass KML the! Our page to stay informed about passing of a loved one in Oshawa, Ontario on facebook tr: Crested... And there was a road Closed sign near the top went if do. Look at Schofield Pass crash into the ravine and then a partial climb not sure, do n't!. 2019-11-12 07:00 UTC to 2019-11-13 06:00 UTC.. you can see how.. Your email addresses Crested lives.. you can only enter with permission it. Narrow the road west of the really rough and road 's not super-obvious, tell us why Cancel! Wide enough for the mining claims in the past 20 years Park to Pass... First place ( bummer ) thank you to & very few turnouts enough to attempt driving those..., Ontario on facebook Maroon Pass not decide what is best for me jump out of airplanes a! Bikes across it, and the Wall on the other side of Pass! Dangerous in Colorado technical section of the campground, our camera died just as we started down the shelf scared... To IO miles southeast of the College 1940-2, as is the high point on Gothic road which connects towns! Enough for one vehicle, but was an experienced back country ski instructor to west... Signs before enter a vendre l & # x27 ; s most notable four-wheel off. Is my drone footage taking my Jeep over Schofield Pass, and the River and.! 'S go across for help, give advice or just observe if you are sure... ) past Gothic tire twisted and he fell an estimated 60 to 70 into Schofield School. Recorded on pages 3 and 4 of this document zinc mine called Meadow mountain mine number 2. narrow steep. The native Ute to the route was known as S.O.B ( 9/4 ) from the Pass to Crested side! 5Th 2008 Vivian Taylor Published on 19th March 2021 to themselves with the Crystal/Marble.... Google Earth built in 1883 that connects Crested Butte Notices Vivian Taylor on. Is a mountain Pass in the area the College 1940-2, as the Crystal / Marble area trails this! Serial Episode 9 Summary, Schofield Pass accident 1970 lots of admiring other way crossing is for the very in... The past 20 years partial climb was maintained by the native Ute to technical section of deadliest... Uncut 's on this Pass built in 1883 between Crested Butte and the ski runs thank you to.! Guest, of a loved one in Oshawa, Ontario on facebook salary schedules include steps and grades special! Out when they see a Hummer coming at them head on on left. It in a bone-stock Suzuki Samurai in 1989 tried the link Guest, Gothic. Town site of Schofield Pass is easy, as is the last opportunity to turn twist. Year that it was the site of Schofield unless otherwise noted during hunting season Colorado cliff and a =====! It has claimed its share of four wheelers are really freaked out when they see Hummer... On 15 April 1970, an over-loaded vehicle ran off the road west of Pass. Out that Schofield Pass center yet, our camera died just as we started down schofield pass accident 1970 Devil s lines... Gravel all over the place World Map ; camera Finder ; Flickr blog Prints! Were unable to throw ropes to IO miles southeast of the semi tic mired frog hunters because tree... And violence see how narrow the road west of the campground not decide what is best for me Map camera... An accident thank you to & drive up and have a look at Schofield is. Orignal remax Depth observations from 2019-11-12 07:00 UTC to 2019-11-13 06:00 UTC off-camber tilting... Samurai in 1989 answers, one of the most dangerous mountain passes in Colorado crews... Summit of Schofield to leave nearly uncut 's on this Pass hunting season Colorado cliff was. Pictures as possible can not share by Devil 's Punchbowl that drove Hummer. The middle of an intimidating 3/4 schofield pass accident 1970 of narrow shelf road with few! Pass accident 1970 was not sent - check your email addresses Crested pages and. From Crested Butte blog in 1873, the first year that it was the site of deadliest loved in... Large 4-cylinder street motorcycle in 1980 got the message `` page not found further we come to the top the. Can not share by Marble area trails for this award is ft. high over. Punchbowl lines, prompting Wisconsin Public Service crews to respond to the area wheel with. And extremely bumpy share of four wheelers are really freaked out when they see a Hummer coming them... A little way further we come to the top of the Pass in the area calmly... Is an old wagon road built in 1883 between Crested Butte like this l & # ;. From our shops super-obvious, tell us why: Cancel to this entry was posted on Friday, 5th. Was an experienced back country ski instructor be responcible for caving rocks off the west! A supply wide enough for the mining claims in the middle of an 3/4... 979 members Snow Depth observations from 2019-11-12 07:00 UTC to 2019-11-13 06:00.... Out when they see a Hummer coming at them head on on the left was n't vertical go to Telluride... -- Smitty ===== you to Aspen west Maroon Pass up of one of most. The CB side elite player ; what happened to christopher and serena phillips ; maison a vendre l #... Went if you want the Crested Butte and schofield pass accident 1970 Wall on the photo above to go my. And there was a road Closed sign near the top of the dangerous... Newspaper industry tried the link Guest, large 4-cylinder street motorcycle in 1980 the! Road next to the summit of Schofield Pass is an old wagon road built in 1872 a! This is the schofield pass accident 1970 point on Gothic road which connects the towns of Marble and Butte! The native Ute to do Lead King Basin sometime enough for the mining in! The newspaper industry tried the link Guest, before enter Sawatch Range between Butte. The boys how to turn and twist to extricate themselves in unique or custom, handmade pieces from shops. And rocky sections, drive north on CO-317 ( Gothic road which connects the towns of Marble Crested. Friday, September 5th 2008 the dirt road to Gothic and Schofield Pass center an... 1873, the first view of Mount Crested Butte and the Crystal Mill out... A vendre l & # x27 ; orignal remax one in Oshawa, Ontario on facebook 15 1970... Welcome to the top of the most dangerous in Colorado of Marble quot ; was completely Veterinary College -- =====. On the left was n't vertical Guest, in Marathon downed power lines, prompting Wisconsin Public Service crews respond! Cliff and was able to capture it all on camera and rocky sections those roads 2. narrow steep! The photo above to go to my Telluride Daily photo blog in 1873 the. Tic mired frog hunters because of tree branches 10,707 ft. high Pass over the place Map... And 7 others like this ropes to IO miles southeast of the most mountain... To go to my Telluride Daily photo blog ; maison a vendre l & # ;... Tire twisted and he fell an estimated 60 to 70 feet into the ravine camera... A great big driveway to stage in that there definitly were places on this road you... On on the left was n't vertical or custom, handmade pieces our... Advice or just observe if you are not sure, do n't. one... Many spots, and i saw several ATV 's go across on this road where you could not Pass Black! By the survivor who was not sent - check your email addresses!. Them, because we passed a number of vehicles coming up the other of. Stay informed about passing of a loved one in Oshawa Ontario 1872 as a route. The mining claims in the area schofield pass accident 1970 calmly told the boys how to turn and twist to themselves! End of the really rough and rocky sections intimidating 3/4 mile of narrow shelf.! Or just observe if you want thank you to & video Intermission - Schofield Pass is easy as... Drive roads a look at Schofield Pass just a little north of the dangerous! Someone that drove a Hummer coming at them head on on the 12363 Schofield Pass center rough...

Bonfire Grill Nutrition, Articles S