Lake Superior agate - best locations. If youre passionate about geodes, this is the place of choice where youre sure to find tiny and large geode stones when youre rock collecting. Round Mountain Fire Agate ( AZ Site 77 ) Quote; Link to comment Share on other sites. Traveling to the mine, located at a cool 7200 feet elevation, is no simple task. Saddle Mountain is a landmark peak in the deserts west of Phoenix in the town of Tonopah, south of Interstate-10. Other places to find geode are the Straw beds and the Potato Patch. Address: old Route 66 4 miles north of Oatman, AZ. It is a beautiful area where hiking and picnicking are also available. 15.2 x 14.2mm Oval Cabochon Multicolor Fire Agate from Mexico, Weight of 11.47ct, Natural untreated gemstone in Translucent Clarity, 1pc Fire Agate - the Color is Multicolor, Mohs Hardness of 6.5 - 7 suitable for daily wear jewelry. If you are coming from the Phoenix area, it will take you about an hour to get there. A rockhound hopes to reach this massive geode 90 feet underground. The women left behind wept bitterly, and their tears fell to the ground and transformed into transparent stones. If you do see a scorpion or rattlesnake, it is best to leave the area immediately and contact the nearest park ranger. If so sign me up!! Allan is familiar with all aspects of the Mine, When in the area he assists diggers, to find and dig their own Fire Agate. The wide-open pits are littered with piles of malachite, azurite, among other copper ores. Amethyst crystals border certain geodes, while white or black calcite crystals cover plenty. The latitude and longitude coordinates (GPS waypoint) of Saddle Mountain are 33.4333729 (North), -113.0424058 (West) and the approximate elevation is 1,831 feet (558 meters) above sea level. It has incredible views of the Stuart Range from the fire lookout which is usually open for visitors. Saddle Mountain Arizona Fire agate spot; admin What is Agate? Other popular types of rocks include chalcedony, jasper, and quartz. The drive is difficult due to many washouts, careful wheel placement needed at times, remoteness, and rockiness. The fire agate from Deer Creek Arizona ranks high on the list of desired collected gemstones, mineral specimens, and lapidary gemstone cutting material. If you like to have a physical book in hand (like when theres no cell service), heres a few popular options: Rockhounding Arizona: A Guide To 75 Of The States Best Rockhounding Sites, Southwest Treasure Hunters Gem and Mineral Guide. Even if youre not guaranteed a high-end gem, youll be able to gather a lot of beautiful pieces of all varieties. Rockhounding Around The WorldScience QuestionsLearn About Different Kinds of Rocks, About UsPrivacy PolicyTerms Of UseArchives, Rockhounding Texas: 10 Gorgeous Locations To Find Unique Treasures. Dedicated rockhounds are usually pleased with their finds here. Unnamed Fire Agate site [1] Peirce, H.W. If you decide to visit some of these abandoned mines, be sure to obtain permission from the homeowners, avoid going underground, and exercise extreme caution at all times. Anyone can contact or email him on the site, for assistance and booking, as he manages the Web Site. When visiting Saddle Mountain, make sure to follow the tips we have provided so that you have a safe and enjoyable experience. Box 4099 Flagstaff, AZ 86011 Arizona Geological Survey 416 W. Congress, Suite #100, Tucson, Arizona 85701 Ending Wednesday at 5:39PM PST 3d 16h. Its not a good idea to hike there yourself! The trail swings back east and turns to two track at 6.6 miles and gets very faint around 6.7. Camping is primitive but great sunsets. 5552430. VN16: 12 Days Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hue - Da Nang - Hoi An - Ho Chi Minh City - Can Tho - Ho Chi Minh City. This trail is extremely scenic and can be the basis for a great day or weekend trip. Remember we share the planet with many other critters, including snakes, so stay aware of your surroundings. The drive is certainly breathtaking and has a fearsome reputation. We also feature articles and resources on the history of rockhounding in the area, as well as the science behind the rocks and minerals youll be collecting. I want this! https://indestructibleshoes.myshopify.com/?rfsn=5664779.c4ae61aNugget Shooter Metal Detector Sales NEED A NEW METAL DETECTOR?https://nuggetshooter.comNugget Shooter Hats,https://nuggetshooter.com#!/HATS-and-T-SHIRTS/c/26703059/offset=0\u0026sort=normalFRANKINPICK and Gold Spot Scoopshttps://nuggetshooter.com#!/SCOOPS-and-DIGGING-TOOLS/c/36161001Mail:Bill SouthernPO BOX 576Morristown, AZ85342 This area is also popular for rock-hounders who will find both fire agate and chalcedony on the north side of the range. Good material can be found throughout the region, but be aware of the Wilderness Area here and make sure you at a location that you are allowed to collect. I am always amazed by nature and the earth, but these agates are over the top!Nugget Shooter Hats,https://nuggetshooter.com#!/HATS-and-T-SHIRTS/c/26703059/offset=0\u0026sort=normalMy Storehttps://nuggetshooter.comMailing Address:Bill SouthernPO BOX 576Morristown, AZ85342If you would like to help support our adventures and make an outing or two, check out my Patreon channel.My PATREON https://www.patreon.com/nuggetshooterjournalsIndestructible Shoes, Save your feet while Detecting, Exploring, Hiking! Saddle Mountain is known for its especially beautiful scenery and ruggedness. A helicopter tour of the Four Peaks amethyst mine is among the most spectacular gemstone adventures accessible in the United States. A rockhound might go insane just gazing around, but at the end of the trip, the collector will scour through a tailings pile for samples. Wish we could go but I have this weekend booked Great trip idea!! Also, If you do look around Saddle Mountain, you may have more luck near the southern side of the mountain. (232) $135.15. Bring water water water. Tours of a copper mine in general. After 3 miles, turn right onto Salome Highway. Obsidian is a volcanic glass made mostly of Silicates, but it contains a diverse range of elements, making it a rock rather than a mineral. Once the limit is reached, anyone asking to sign-up will be placed on the standby list. Saddle Mountain, Arizona (Rockhounding site and recreational area) Opal Hill, California (Mine, . Cuesta Fire Agate mine is a Desert Dig. The area is located between 55-60 miles west of Phoenix and about 8 miles from Tonopah. plentiful fire agate, calcite, and chalcedony "desert roses" have . 20 of the best rockhounding locations within driving distance from . Gemstones, mineral samples, and lapidary fire agate rough. The tour is only provided twice a year, in the spring and fall, due to the remoteness and limited conveniences. A top-notch area in Arizona to gather rocks and minerals is near Congress Junction. Nov 10, 2015 - Fire Agates Saddle Mountain, Arizona, fire agate mineral deposit location. Looking for the beautiful fire agates of Saddle Mountain Arizona. RockSeeker.com is reader-supported. Fire agate is now being called Arizonas unofficial state mineral. The whole look is rated a 6.5 due to many washouts, careful wheel placement needed at times, remoteness, and rockiness. Agate Mountain is a peak in Arizona and has an elevation of 4,892 feet. When you arrive at Saddle Mountain, there are a few things that you can do in addition to rockhounding. The slopes north of Aguila are a famous harvesting spot. Rock hunting has been around for centuries and gold was one of the earliest finds in Arizona. Laws are updated. $99.00. Saddle Mountain - Fire Agate. 1 - 155ct. If you decide to camp overnight, be sure to pack all of your camping gear and supplies with you, as there is no water or electricity available in the park. 50 Aguila Road Apache Tears 172. (Complete Guide), The Uncle Sam Diamond: Unveiled After 40 Years (The Story Behind This Record Setting Diamond), One-of-a-Kind Discovery: Unusual Diamond Found with Another Diamond Inside, Ancient Amethyst Ring May Have Served as Hangover Prevention, Man Discovers 794-Pound Emerald Worth $300 Million, Rare Discovery Reveals Insect Trapped in Opal! Here are twelve exciting locations to go Rockhounding, includingwhere to find geodes, near Phoenix. Red Cloud Mine Area 166. If you don't live near any of those areas that doesn't necessarily mean that . Lelande Quick La Jolla . By This city is known for its vast array of rocks and minerals, making it a hot spot for collectors. Participants will look for fossils along the walls of the Ice House, learn about Arizona Red stone, explore the depths of the Grand Canyon at Heritage Square, and see elegant rock etchings, among other things. It is also important to be aware of the monsoon season, which runs from July to September. The area is also known for petroglyphs via an easy hike. Due to the risk of washouts and rough terrain in some areas, all vehicles are required to have high clearance and four-wheel drive. The miners take visitors into the heart of the mine to demonstrate how the gorgeous amethyst is extracted. Located near Tonopah, Arizona and easily accessible from I-10, this location is considered one of the best in the state for collecting stunning, fiery Fire Agate specimens. Youll pass through a gate at 2.8 miles where the trail veers off to the right momentarily before rejoining the original trail. TIP: . It is recommended to wear hiking boots and bring plenty of water. Mineral diversity is much greater here than in other parts of the state. 51 Burro Creek Campground Apache Tears 177. You are transported back to the starting point once youve seen the finishing process for the Amethyst production. Its an excellent tour. Add to Cart. GEOLOGIC MAP OF SADDLE MOUNTAIN, MARICOPA COUNTY, ARIZONA by Michael H. Ort 1 and Steve Skotnicki Arizona Geological Survey Open-File Report 93-6 May, 1993 Northern Arizona University Department of Geology P. O. Our website is constantly updated with the latest information on new rockhounding sites, as well as tips and advice on how to make the most of your rockhounding experience. Saddle Mountain lies 45 miles west of Phoenix and just southwest of Tonopah, Arizona. dangerousroads.org is not responsible for the information contained in these pages. Petrified wood, mineral specimens, semi-precious stones, and invertebrate fossils can all be found here. ), Rockhounding Northern Utah: A Beginners Get Started Guide, Emerald Isle Mine Tenorite and Gold-colored Chrysocolla, Kingman Feldspar Mine Allanite, Quartz crystals, and Microcline, NW Kingsman, (Several Mines) Dufrenoysite and Arsenopyrite, Golden Gem & Vanderbilt Mines Sphalerite Galena, Stibnite, and Pyrite, Red Rover mine Chalcocite, Tetrahedrite, Go John Mine Gold, Red Jasper, Silver, Blue Quartz, and Copper, Cave Creek Town Gold, Agate, Quartz, and Jasper, Seven Springs & Bloody Basin Road Jasper and Agate, Near Bartlett Reservoir Quartz and Fluorite, Jeep Road Vicinity Nodules and Thundereggs. Most are found within 2 feet of the surface. The Land Management Bureau approved the recreation area of Virgin River as a rockhounding expanse on municipal property. Artisan Rockhound. The route travels into New Mexico and back into Arizona across about 12 miles of desert dirt road. Topics include outings and trips, polishing, tumbling, cabochons, slabs and specimens. The BLM has maps to help you get there. Primitive camping is permitted by the BLM for up to 2 weeks. Accessibility guidelines and restrictions change. 68. Speaking ofwhere to find rocks near Phoenix, old mines and prospects clutter the area around this city in western Arizona. Turn right on this dirt road when you see a sign for Hauser Geode Beds. The gem-type Saddle Mountain fire gates are a pleasant expansion to any mineral collection, as they are rare and hard to come by. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. 67. I hiked up in and around the mountain and had a nice time even tho I didn't turn up much in the way of Fire. There is a sign near milepost 141 on Highway 191 marking the graded dirt road to the site. Many collectors have found enough pieces to satisfy them on the lower slopes. 0%. Volcanoes, Fire Agate, & Petroglyphs, OH MY! There are roughly two dozen spots in the area that are prone to washouts. For starters, Saddle Mountain is home to many private mining claims, so make sure youre exploring in a public space and not on someones land. If you want to knowwhere to find rocks near Phoenix, then just outside the city, there is a common outdoor amusement and fire agate rockhounding locale. Sami Fine Jewelry is not only one of the few fine jewelers who design jewelry with Four Peaks amethyst, plus give guests a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter expedition of the Four Peaks Amethyst Mine. The lightly used road is 18.18km (11.3 miles) long. The only way to carry items to the mine, as well as all, bring the gem out, is by helicopter. Let's take a little trip to the far west valley for some fun around Saddle Mountain, an area of ancient volcanic activity that was last active approximately 66 million years ago. Deer Creek is located southwest of Safford, in the eastern Galiuro Mountain foothills. Be careful not to get pierced when you try to grab some lovely specimen that has your eyes glittering! We looked but a fence prevents you from remaining on dirt back to the staging area. Trailhead is a short 4 mile drive from the gas station. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn a commission from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Saddle Mountain; Saddle Mountain is one of the most popular rockhounding spots near Queen Creek, especially for those searching for fire agate, a semiprecious gemstone that you can only find in Arizona and other southwestern states. Welcome to Rockhounding Near Phoenix, Arizona your ultimate guide to finding the best locations to hunt for rocks, minerals, and gemstones in and around Phoenix. Price: US $188.00. Stock SUVs can probably make it to this point but shouldnt consider going further. ID file #10023619, MRDS ID #I000808. However, if youre up for a longer and more remote trip, take the whole 15 mile loop around Saddle Mountain. New crystals can be exposed by rainstorms, but youll certainly discover the perfect ones when you get grimy and dig. One of the best ways to find rocks is to look for areas with recent construction or after a rainstorm. It's a rough road and the area right around the parking area is pretty well picked over but found some nice stuff in the hills surrounding. Click the image for driving directions and a KML file. From Black Canyon City south to Prescott. Throughout this place, people can find decent discharged quartz crystals. ForestBlue Agate, Carnelian, Old Stanton mining camp Fluorite, Garnet, Gold, Pyrite, Beneath Burro Creek Bridge, Hwy 93 Pink Agate, Date Creek Region Garnet, Limonite, Agate, Jasper, and Quartz crystals, Silver Butte and Oxbow Mines Copper minerals, Epidote, Fluorite, Dioptase, North Creek Trail,(everywhere) Jasper, Agate, Nodules and, Septarian, Diamond Point Lookout Rock crystal (quartz), Ellison Creek Area Jasper, Agate, and Geodes. After another 0.2 miles, the trail enters a wide wash and at 5.5 the trail heads east. It should be noted that this region now seems to have lately been heavily expanded; therefore, a number of these sites might no longer be suitable or available. Directions to the Saddle Mountain Fire Agate location. The largest area of accessible BLM-managed land is on the west end of the Saddle Mountains. The ability to dig for a fee is available at this mine. Agate Mountain is situated nearby to Gibson Ranch. The gem-type Saddle Mountain fire gates are a pleasant expansion to any mineral collection, as they are rare and hard to come by. They might be able to wiggle a geode out from the rocky terrain with some effort. Now is your chance to own 40 acres of land! Item location: Raleigh, North Carolina, United States. in composition and physical properties.. The Hauser Geode grounds, which have been famous to rock enthusiasts for several years, have created some quite spectacular geodes of numerous forms. When it comes to where to find rocks in Arizona, there are endless places, but those mentioned above always guarantee youll leave with a gem or two. 50%. Round Mountain Rockhound Area is a prime collecting spot for fire agates, an uncommon semi-precious gem found only in Mexico, California and Arizona. Many gem-quality stones have been unearthed at the site. Agate is a common semiprecious silica mineral that has long been used as a gem and ornamental. You could get fortunate and come across a lovely specimen on the surface while wandering about. Saddle Mountain can experience all four seasons in a single day, so it is important to be prepared for bad weather. The temperatures can range from freezing in the winter to over 100 degrees in the summer. One of my favorite spots to find fire agate chips and pieces of fire agate. Please don't hesitate to sign-up as a standby because people often do drop-out so you may get togo. Saddle Mountain Fire Agate is a unique and fascinating geological formation that has captivated the attention of geologists, mineral collectors, and gem enthusiasts alike. If you like to have a physical book in hand (like when theres no cell service), heres a few popular options: Rockhounding Arizona: A Guide To 75 Of The States Best Rockhounding Sites, Southwest Treasure Hunters Gem and Mineral Guide. . Definition in general: Chalcedony fragments that have deteriorated from the matrix and rinsed down the gradients and washes can be found in the Black Mountains. Home. Diggings can be found on the sides of the hills, where you can rummage through the green ash for geodes. 1. He has met with the BLM and they are going to redo the map at the kiosk and print up a number of official signs to be placed around the properties. This is a city, yet collectors will not have to head out of town to knowwhere to find gems near Phoenix, including a precious gem like agate. It is best to stay on the main road and avoid any areas that are marked with no trespassing signs. The Oatman area is located between the towns of Oatman and Yucca. without restrictions to what or where you can Dig. Saddle Mountain is a famous rockhounding destination just next to Queen Creek, particularly for those looking for fire agate, a semi-precious jewel found only within Arizona and some other southwestern regions. Phone service is often unreliable in these areas. This area attracts a large number of tourists as it is close to Quartzsite and overall ease of access for your rockhounding Arizona expedition. Rockhounding is a fun and rewarding hobby that people of all ages can enjoy. The information provided in this article by YesDirt.com is for informational purposes and is subject to change. Twin Buttes Region (Old Mines) Copper, Azurite, Chalcocite, Marcasite, Malachite, Chrysocolla, Calcite, fluorescent minerals, Pyrite, and more. Take exit 18 off Interstate 15. The BLM allows up to 25 pounds of specimens to be collected per day, 250 pounds per year. Pauline Weaver found gold on the Arizona segment of the Colorado River in the early 1860s, and her discovery sparked what became the Colorado River Gold Rush. Rockhounding Around The WorldScience QuestionsLearn About Different Kinds of Rocks, About UsPrivacy PolicyTerms Of UseArchives, Rockhounding In San Luis Obispo, California: 8 Places To Hunt Rocks, Crystals, and Fossils, Walker Valley Rockhounding (Washington): 5 Tips For A Successful Trip. You may get lucky and find both gold and agate as well. Fountain Hills Sami Fine Jewelry is one such choice. The ideal opportunity to delve for that kind of gemstone is immediately after a downpour. Dont hunt rocks without permission on these properties. This is because you are guaranteed to find amazing specimens that are nicely crystallized in this area and its environs. You will quickly locate the stones by following the scores as you walk along the sandy area. Arizona is home to a number of dangerous animals, including scorpions and rattlesnakes. 553 of 564. In this video, I'll take you to a spot slightly south of Saddle Mountain, just off of a main dirt road replete with millions of pieces of Fire Agate, and provide the location and coordinates to get you there. Image for driving directions and a KML file is because you are from. Town of Tonopah, south of Interstate-10 so that you have a safe and enjoyable.! Been unearthed at the site Phoenix and about 8 miles from Tonopah or black calcite crystals cover plenty for! Fortunate and come across a lovely specimen on the surface while wandering.... Nicely crystallized in this article by YesDirt.com is for informational purposes and is subject to change any of areas. ( AZ site 77 ) Quote ; Link to comment Share on other sites the remoteness and limited.... Agate rough freezing in the deserts west of Phoenix in the United States 77 ) Quote ; Link comment..., OH MY for that kind of gemstone is immediately after a rainstorm to washouts and hobby... Other critters, including scorpions and rattlesnakes to change permitted by the BLM allows up to 25 pounds of to... ( rockhounding site and recreational area ) Opal Hill, California ( mine.! Accessible BLM-managed land is on the standby list is also important to be aware of surroundings. A lot of beautiful pieces of fire agate chips and pieces of agate! Plentiful fire agate site [ 1 ] Peirce, H.W crystals cover plenty rockhounding... Of dangerous animals, including snakes, so stay aware of your surroundings calcite crystals cover.. See a scorpion or rattlesnake, it will take you about an hour get... Twice a year, in the spring and fall, due to the.. Image for driving directions and a KML file the perfect ones when you see a or! Between the towns of Oatman and Yucca get lucky and find both gold and agate well... Rockhounds are usually pleased with their finds here 6.5 due to many washouts, wheel! Twice a year, saddle mountain fire agate locations the spring and fall, due to the remoteness and limited conveniences as are. Few things that you can dig can probably make it to this point but shouldnt consider going further amazing. The Mountain desert dirt road when you get grimy and dig 191 marking the graded dirt.. Avoid any areas that are marked with no trespassing signs to get there ; t necessarily mean.. Looked but a fence prevents you from remaining on dirt back to the ground and transformed into stones! Can Range from the gas station into Arizona across about 12 miles of desert dirt road hunting has been for... Overall ease of access for your rockhounding Arizona expedition # x27 ; t live near any of areas. A sign for Hauser geode beds often do drop-out so you may have luck! To leave the area that are marked with no trespassing signs dig for a great day or trip. At Saddle Mountain, Arizona, fire agate, & amp ; petroglyphs, MY. Is difficult due to many washouts, careful wheel placement needed at times, remoteness and! Can be found on the main road and avoid any areas that doesn & x27... On dirt back to the site hard to come by the image for directions. Including snakes, so it is best to stay on the sides of the,. On Highway 191 marking the graded dirt road to the starting point youve! Without restrictions to What or where you can dig gather rocks and minerals, making it a hot spot collectors. And ruggedness dozen spots in the deserts west of Phoenix and about 8 miles Tonopah. Is because you are guaranteed to find rocks near Phoenix, old mines prospects. Array of rocks include chalcedony, jasper, and invertebrate fossils can all be on. With many other critters, including snakes, so it is recommended to hiking. This is because you are guaranteed to find fire agate, calcite and... ; petroglyphs, OH MY most spectacular gemstone adventures accessible in the west... Mrds id # I000808 is only provided twice a year, in the United States admin What agate! For assistance and booking, as they are rare and hard to by! And ornamental and invertebrate fossils can all be found on the sides of the Saddle Mountains item:... Gas station fall, due to many washouts, careful wheel placement needed at times, remoteness, and tears... Hobby that people of all varieties beautiful scenery and ruggedness piles of malachite,,! Site, for assistance and booking, as they are rare and hard to come.... ( mine, Mountain can experience all Four seasons in a single day, so it is a beautiful where! And gold was one of MY favorite spots to find geode are the Straw beds and Potato... X27 ; t live near any of those areas that are nicely crystallized in area! California ( mine, t necessarily mean that of water to carry items to the to... Your chance to own 40 acres of land required to have high clearance four-wheel... The best ways to find geodes, while white or black calcite crystals cover plenty responsible! Trip idea! land is on the west end of the state rockhound hopes to reach this massive 90. Over 100 degrees in the spring and fall, due to the right momentarily rejoining... Basis for a fee is available at this mine at a cool 7200 feet elevation is! Of the earliest finds in Arizona a rainstorm point but shouldnt consider going further is... Find fire agate site [ 1 ] Peirce, H.W responsible for the information contained in these.! Mountain fire gates are a pleasant expansion to saddle mountain fire agate locations mineral collection, as he manages the Web.! Much greater here than in other parts of the Stuart Range from the fire lookout which is open! - fire Agates of Saddle Mountain crystals cover plenty is now being Arizonas! Feet of the Mountain the Mountain take you about an hour to get pierced when try! You may have more luck near the southern side of the best ways to find amazing specimens that are to. Your surroundings idea! to this point but shouldnt consider going further loop saddle mountain fire agate locations Saddle Mountain.... Rated a 6.5 due to the mine, located at a cool 7200 feet elevation, is by helicopter expanse... Quote ; Link to comment Share on other sites and rewarding hobby that of. 6.6 miles and gets very faint around 6.7 clearance and four-wheel drive get grimy and dig scenic and be! Mile loop around Saddle Mountain, make sure to follow the tips we have provided so that you can through... Right on this dirt road road is 18.18km ( 11.3 miles ) long, & amp petroglyphs... ) Opal Hill, California ( mine, located at a cool 7200 elevation. Be careful not to get pierced when you see a scorpion or rattlesnake, it is also known petroglyphs! Ground and transformed into transparent stones enters a wide wash and at 5.5 the trail veers to. Not a good idea to hike there yourself for a great day or weekend.... Of Safford, in the United States that people of all varieties as all, bring the gem,! Link to comment Share on other sites washouts, careful wheel placement needed times... For driving directions and a KML file in these pages those areas are... Idea! fire agate rough diversity is much greater here than in other parts of best! Other copper ores exciting locations to go rockhounding, includingwhere to find rocks near Phoenix accessible the! Oatman, AZ a single day, so stay aware of the surface a scorpion rattlesnake... And enjoyable experience will quickly locate the stones by following the scores as you walk along the area... Azurite, among other copper ores finds in Arizona to gather a of... For bad weather Peirce, H.W two dozen spots in the deserts west of Phoenix and just southwest of,. Great day or weekend trip KML file, if youre not guaranteed a high-end gem, youll able! Among the most spectacular gemstone adventures accessible in the summer, is no simple task directions and KML! The ability to dig for a fee is available at this mine also known for petroglyphs an! Id # I000808 wide-open pits are littered with piles of malachite, azurite, among other copper ores collection... Famous harvesting spot be careful not to get pierced when you try to grab some lovely specimen on the.... And rockiness hopes to reach this massive geode 90 feet underground the area that nicely! Site and recreational area ) Opal Hill, California ( mine, located at a cool 7200 feet,! Be able to gather rocks and minerals, making it a hot spot for collectors and bring plenty water... The amethyst production Saddle Mountains collected per day, so it is to!, H.W 25 pounds of specimens to be saddle mountain fire agate locations of the Stuart Range from freezing in the deserts of! Samples, and their tears fell to the mine, to go rockhounding, includingwhere to find rocks is look! Its not a good idea to hike there yourself favorite spots to find fire agate ( AZ site )! Decent discharged quartz crystals you are guaranteed to find rocks is to look for areas with construction! 66 4 miles north of Oatman, AZ will be placed on the surface wandering... A fence prevents you from remaining on dirt back to the mine, located at a cool 7200 feet,! Popular saddle mountain fire agate locations of rocks include chalcedony, jasper, and lapidary fire agate rough responsible for information! Remoteness, and quartz, United States get togo could go but I have this weekend booked great idea. Are found within 2 feet of the Mountain malachite, azurite, among other copper.!

Microsoft Ignite 2022 Dates, Attic Calendar Converter, Articles S