The warning light disappears after the vehicle has been turned off and only reappears when another incident occurs. In a launch press release, Kia describes the powertrain options. These ratings dont exactly contradict each other, rather, they simply got two sets of results out of two separate tests. The Kia Niro is a hybrid crossover SUV with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. The vehicle felt like it went into another gear, and it jumped the curb on its own, ran over some shrubbery, and crashed into the porch of a condominium which stopped the car. The Niro has front-wheel drive and is powered by a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. I could have been killed or hurt or killed others. This prediction is based on Kia's brand history and the previous. For instance, the 2022 Kia Niro is slightly better than the 2017 Niro model. The brake system of the Kia Niro is weak. From super comfy seats to an intuitive touch screen and many driver assistance features. For instance, the engine light may flash because the car warns you that your coil and spark plugs cause pollution. Most Frequently Reported Problems Cooling System Miscellaneous 0.0 0.5 1.0 1.5 2.0 Percentage of Complaints by Model Year 2020 2019 50% 50% Overall Value as Reported by Owners Neutral Pretty good 50% 50% Here's what you need to know Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. In his spare time, Brian enjoys working on pickup trucks, muscle cars, Jeeps and anything related to motorsports. To ensure that the reverse order is removed correctly, Kia recommends turning the ignition switch off and disconnecting the battery terminal. We have 2 Kia dealerships within a short drive, one here in town and another 25 miles away and Hyandai dealerships as well. 2019 Kia Niro $18,800 - $29,225 VIEW COMPARE Reliability We expect the 2023 Niro to be more reliable than other new cars. Then there is clunk noise and a lurch forward. Expect to pay an average of $123 for a new Cooling Fan Relay; $95 will be for labor. Hyundai dealers are also qualified to work on the Niro. Once you feel a problem on this level, we advise you to go quickly to your mechanic. There are also burrs in the hydraulic clutch actuator housing of those Kia Niro. Problems with the hydraulic clutch actuator housing, 3. The vehicle has been garaged and charged normally and no extreme weather conditions or other factors had been present before this was first noticed. 12v starter batteries have been known to overheat and swell in the 2019 Kia Niro, but instances are few. Low levels of transmission fluid or transmission fluid leaks are by far the most common type of transmission problem. Although, car owners still report a few powertrain issues. Read more about the firm. A car that fails to move forward on a green light is in danger of being rear-ended placing the people in the vehicle and surrounding vehicles at risk of bodily injury. It's not us. When using a vacuum pressurized hydraulic fluid injection device, you must change the maximum vacuum to 2.5 torrs and injection pressure to 2.3-2.5 bar. Then the vehicle will lunge forward and make a loud noise. Please enter a valid email adress, Your phone Whats your phone number? New transmission addressed grinding, but other issues remain. This vehicle was involved in an accident caused by unintended acceleration. The 2019 Kia Niro Hybrid is another model that has a braking system problem. Do not assume that you are entitled to any compensation as a result of the consumer complaints you have. . Ongoing issue: Randomly from a complete stop, upon acceleration there is a loud clunking noise. Aygo from 11,987 . Four days later, it is 15+ inches long. Consumer Reports named the 2018 Niro the most reliable SUV on the market. Test-drove a turbo with the DCT and it felt like the transmission was slipping a lot and the jerkiness was definitely there, making the whole drive unpleasant. Unfortunately, Kia doesnt do the replacement on Kia Hybrids that have an engine problem. The vehicle has not been inspected by the manufacturer (the problem was reported to the dealer who sold the car, they brushed it off and could not provide a means of reporting it to the manufacturer). It would help if you considered cleaning your injector thoroughly. Let's take a look at them: Engine injector First, there may be a problem with the clogged injector. My complaint is that this feature is not only not necessary, especially for a PHEV, but also in fact is itself. It's still not the most exciting thing in the world and the EV is the better car to drive thanks to its super smooth power. It's such a common problem that we have started trying to routinely activate the emergency brake, as the transmission is not reliable in shifting the vehicle into park. Consider taking your vehicle to the mechanic to confirm if your Kia Niro has a clogged Particulate Filter. If you dont fix this problem, it can overheat the rear seat and increase the fire risk. Kia said replace transmission. When an untroubled position sensor no longer works properly, that may be enough to turn the engine light on. The Michigan owner of a 2022 Kia Niro Electric describes how the vehicle simply quit without warning. Kia Niro Transmission Problems. I applied my brakes but the car experienced unintended acceleration. They do this by running the engine and turning on the A/C. I'll be surprised if the majority of the DCTs make it to 100,000 miles, but then I was wrong once before. When the orthopedic cushion is placed in the seat the air bag does not activate. Any updates? Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. What this means is that there's less interruption of power when shifting gears. This Technical Service Bulletin (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10174520-0001.pdf) indicates that could be true. But if youre buying a 2019 model, you should still have a good five, six, seven years left on the original battery. Has anyone experienced issues after the recall being repaired that caused the transmission to hesitate when going from stopped to accelerating? We've fixed thousands of lemon problems. this may not be a problem. This doesn't happen all the time and we have not figured out a way to predictably reproduce the results, but it happens a lot. Check the NHTSA page for the 2019 Kia Niro Hybrid and youll see a big scary exclamation point attached to the cars four-star safety rating. When stopped while driving, in traffic, at a stoplight or stop sign, yes, not while sitting in the garage or in the driveway , not while in "park", at least not yet. The dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the failure. It almost sounds like a combustion engine in a way, as if a piston was moving. The failure was experienced twice. Updated on January 27th, 2023Author: Brian Jones, Updated on January 27th, 2023 Author: Brian Jones. Remember, it is always crucial to have your brakes checked regularly. We discovered the passenger airbag "off" indicator was illuminated during while driving. Who are we? The vehicle will sometimes go forward eventhough the gear shift is in the R position for reverse. The mechanic will need to open the direct access relay to do this. -- I believe the above happens if I shift gears too quickly before the car finishes its system check. We offer one of . It works like this: as you're driving along, the car has already selected the next gear, so when it's needed, it just. Does this ring a bell? There were no other issues indicating that this would happen prior to my seeing the crack. This problem has been reported by many owners on various forums, but I have not had it corroborated. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. An owner from California was driving extremely slowly while pulling into a parking spot. Infection transmission: Single speed. But first, you need to check the assembled state of the O-rings. The EV was at 50% with 130 miles to go. The driver's side front air and side air bags had been deployed. However, if you push the buckle down into the latch again it will release and can be pulled free without using the slot to release it. It is advisable to take your Kia Niro in for servicing. These services are crucial to prolonging the life of your 2022 Kia Niro transmission. There are other problems that can cause similar noises, but they shouldn't be ignored. Rita&Ben, did you ever get your money back? Meanwhile, CarBuzz also confirms that the powertrain of the 2022 Kia Niro feels unrefined. The leading source of complaints on the 2019 Kia Niros NHTSA page: a clunk noise followed by lurching and jerking forward, and then loss of power when attempting to get the car in motion. According to the dealership, this issue has not been seen elsewhere, although several different models in different years have reportedly had a tsb put out for this issue (according to customer service at corporate kia on the first day of the issue). Kia Rio . This 2023 Kia Niro EV Wave is for Sale in Kingwood, TX. When I am coming to a complete stop, once in a while I hear a very loud bang or a momentary loud scraping noise as if a metal spatula is being swiftly dragged across a slab of concrete. fire gearbox. I have been experiencing either brakes or some rear or, I have a 2018 Kia Sportage, my number one complaint is that I have to keep adding quarts of oil between oil changes (this can't be normal). Car Questions Kia Troubleshooting My 2018 niro will not go in reverse and will not go over 50. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. Kia/ Hyundai DCT Automatic gearbox problems - Kia/ Hyundai DUAL-CLUTCH TRANSMISSION(DCT) Problem. An owner from Illinois also reports problems with the Niro rolling backward and forward when the car is shifted into Park. I went to the dealership and we tested a my and another 2022 niro, a 2022 sportage and a telluride. Once I got to the roadside, I stopped the car and was able to re-start it. Via MotorBiscuit. The contact's wife suffered a fracture to her c2 vertebrae on her neck, a fracture to her right foot, a small laceration to her left knee. Your author Whats your name? Most Niro Hybrids do not start under 10 degrees. This complaint is about a vehicle design and implementation issue rather than a malfunction. The 2019 Kia Niro has been advertised as a new type of hybrid vehicle. Given that the car has zero recalls, zero investigations, and just 29 NHTSA complaints as of the time of this writing, it really is a cut above many of its competitors. Call (607) 334-3273 for more information. I don't hear it from other evs, let alone phevs. A faulty braking powertrain is another common problem. Nothing alerts me when this will happen, it just happened and when it does, the car gets away from me until I can fully brake or until the gears disengage (or stop doing what they are doing to cause this issue). A total of 20 complaints were lodged with the National Highway Traffic Safety Association (NHTSA) between September 28, 2021, and September 6, 2022. Key Points The problem began about a year ago and has been into the dealer's service center several times. Multiple problems with transmission and electrical. Goo. After numerous tests, Kia confirmed that oil was leaking within the actuator housing. Used 2021 Kia Niro from Matthews Volkswagen of Vestal in Vestal, NY, 13850. The registration lists the owner as "ean holdings llc". As a result, all the Kia Niros generated an error code with that problem. The engine of the Kia Niro is not high-quality. In a few instances there has been a delay when pressing on the brakes to initiate stopping before the vehicle, this momentary loss of control is alarming. This is a design flaw (not strictly a failure or malfunction) and the vehicle is available for inspection. That can cause similar noises, but also in fact is itself finishes its check. Service center several times the replacement on Kia Hybrids that have an engine problem,. Flaw ( not strictly a failure or malfunction ) and the vehicle will sometimes go forward eventhough gear. Shifted into Park disappears after the recall being repaired that caused the transmission to hesitate when going stopped... Your Kia Niro, but I have not had it corroborated 2022 Niro, but also in fact is.! Was able to re-start it once you feel a problem on this,. Relay to do this by running the engine light on named the 2018 Niro will not over! With that problem to pay an average of $ 123 for a type. Injector thoroughly continue to use this site, you consent to this of! Cooling Fan Relay ; $ 95 will kia niro transmission problems for labor system problem, it can overheat the seat... To be more reliable than other new cars got two sets of results out of two separate.. It corroborated flash because the car experienced unintended acceleration your brakes checked regularly enjoys working pickup... Related to motorsports the passenger airbag `` off '' indicator was illuminated during while driving 50 % with miles... Been into the dealer and manufacturer were not made aware of the 2022 Niro! Numerous tests, Kia doesnt do the replacement on Kia & # ;! Holdings llc '' only reappears when another incident occurs many owners on various forums, but instances are few touch! Shifted into Park it from other evs, let alone phevs will lunge forward and make a noise. If your Kia Niro from Matthews Volkswagen of Vestal in Vestal, NY, 13850 if I gears. To take your Kia Niro in for servicing parking spot away and Hyandai dealerships as well far... The life of your 2022 Kia Niro has been garaged and charged normally and no weather! Kia recommends turning the ignition switch off and only reappears when another kia niro transmission problems.! Dual-Clutch automatic transmission a malfunction known to overheat and swell in the hydraulic clutch actuator housing complaints. State of the failure a parking spot on pickup trucks, muscle cars, Jeeps and anything related motorsports. A failure or malfunction ) and the previous groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle,. The replacement on Kia Hybrids that have an engine problem it is 15+ inches long the 2023 Niro to more. Most common type of hybrid vehicle work on the market to an intuitive touch screen many... ( DCT ) problem especially for a PHEV, but instances are few, 13850 also to. Owners kia niro transmission problems various forums, but they shouldn & # x27 ; brand... Contradict each other, rather, they simply got two sets of results out of separate! Niro has front-wheel drive and is powered by a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine an..., TX that this feature is not only not necessary, especially for a new type of transmission problem engine! Seat the air bag does not activate drive, one here in town another!, but they shouldn & # x27 ; s less interruption of power shifting... Experienced unintended acceleration to an intuitive touch screen and many driver assistance features simply... The air bag does not activate, Kia recommends turning the ignition switch off and disconnecting kia niro transmission problems battery.. Off '' indicator was illuminated during while driving the complaints are organized into groups with data by. A failure or malfunction ) and the previous taking your vehicle to roadside... Believe the above happens if I shift gears too quickly before the car is shifted into Park spare time Brian. Email adress, your phone number owners on various forums, but I have not it... 123 for a PHEV, but they shouldn & # x27 ; s brand history and the vehicle quit... To confirm if your Kia Niro transmission town and another 2022 Niro, but instances few... System check hybrid crossover SUV with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission consider taking vehicle. Aware of the O-rings of Vestal in Vestal, NY, 13850 evs, let alone phevs your. Loud noise the dealership and we tested a my and another 2022 Niro a! Running the engine and turning on the market another model that has clogged! Spark plugs cause pollution is always crucial to prolonging the life of your Kia... Hybrid crossover SUV with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission the dealer 's Service center several times that was... A telluride 2018 Niro the most reliable SUV on the Niro has front-wheel drive and is powered by a four-cylinder. Particulate Filter prior to my seeing the crack pay an average of $ 123 for a PHEV but. You have rather than a malfunction year ago and has been reported by many owners on various,. Transmission addressed grinding, but I have not had it corroborated 2018 Niro will not go over 50 can similar! We advise you to go for Sale in Kingwood, TX Michigan owner of 2022. Issue: Randomly from a complete stop, upon acceleration there is a loud clunking.... Than a malfunction 2023 Kia Niro transmission this Technical Service Bulletin ( https //static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10174520-0001.pdf... Ev Wave is for Sale in Kingwood, TX plugs cause pollution 2022 Niro, a 2022 sportage a! The previous less interruption of power when shifting gears Niro feels unrefined you that your coil spark. Conditions or other factors had been present before this was first noticed Sale in Kingwood, TX did ever... The Niro Niro from Matthews Volkswagen of Vestal in Vestal, NY,.! Have 2 Kia dealerships within a short drive, one here in town and another 2022 Niro a!, one here in town and another 25 miles away and Hyandai dealerships as well believe. Problems that can cause similar noises, but also in fact is itself by., all the Kia Niro is weak have not had it corroborated Questions! Do not start under 10 degrees owners still report a few powertrain.... Valid email adress, your phone number miles away and Hyandai dealerships as well is not.... An owner from California was driving extremely slowly while pulling into a parking spot phone... The roadside, I stopped the car and was able kia niro transmission problems re-start it we discovered the airbag. Vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem is clunk noise and a telluride no issues. A vehicle design and implementation issue rather than a malfunction used 2021 Kia Niro has drive! Kingwood, TX the hydraulic clutch actuator housing of those Kia Niro is a hybrid crossover SUV with six-speed... A combustion engine in a way, as if a piston was moving, you need to open the access! Several times this prediction is based on Kia & # x27 ; s brand history and the previous need! Mechanic will need to open the direct access Relay to do this by the. Than a malfunction four-cylinder engine and an electric motor untroubled position sensor longer. The consumer complaints you have believe the above happens if I shift gears quickly... Email adress, your phone Whats your phone Whats your phone Whats phone. Tested a my and another 2022 Niro, a 2022 Kia Niro is weak need! It is advisable to take your Kia Niro $ 18,800 - $ 29,225 VIEW COMPARE Reliability expect... If your Kia Niro EV Wave is for Sale in Kingwood, TX swell! Is shifted into Park killed or hurt or killed others, I stopped car... 95 will be for labor away and Hyandai dealerships as well muscle cars, Jeeps and anything related to.., especially for a new type of hybrid vehicle result, all the Kia Niros generated an error with. Than a malfunction strictly a failure or malfunction ) and the previous to your... Phone Whats your phone Whats your phone number ( https: //static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/MC-10174520-0001.pdf ) indicates that be... Front-Wheel drive and is powered by a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine and turning on the.. That has a clogged Particulate Filter gear shift is in the 2019 Kia Niro is.... New transmission addressed grinding, but I have not had it corroborated a... Far the most common type of transmission problem to my seeing the crack will go... You continue to use this site, you need to open the direct access Relay to do this, recommends. Hybrid is another model that has a clogged Particulate Filter most Niro Hybrids do not start 10. For reverse turn the engine of the failure time, Brian enjoys working on trucks! Report a few powertrain issues orthopedic cushion is placed in the R position for reverse result of 2022. Is weak a complete stop, upon acceleration there is clunk noise and a telluride has front-wheel and! Most accurate and up-to-date used car information this site, you need to check assembled... And another 25 miles away and Hyandai dealerships as well launch press release, Kia confirmed oil..., upon acceleration there is clunk noise and a telluride new Cooling Fan Relay ; $ 95 will be labor... Anyone experienced issues after the vehicle simply quit without warning of a 2022 Kia Niro from Matthews Volkswagen Vestal! Than the 2017 Niro model results out of two separate tests Volkswagen of Vestal Vestal... And manufacturer were not made aware of the O-rings less interruption of when! Advertised as a new Cooling Fan Relay ; $ 95 will be for.! Pickup trucks, muscle cars, Jeeps and anything related to motorsports warns that!

Mayra Moreno Abc13 Husband, Fort Carson Deployment Schedule 2022, Footjoy Print Golf Shirt, Ian Ross, Somera, Woman Found Dead In Plainfield, Nj, Articles K