I'm thinking about her tonight.". He took his work seriously, with all his files and spreadsheets, but not himself. He earned my tremendous respect and admiration as a journalist but more importantly as a wonderful person, particularly as it relates to the love, care and devotion to his wife Pat. Clayton became an NFL correspondent for ESPN when the network picked up the show for national syndication. Clayton was an excellent journalist. The PFWA mourns the passing of John Clayton. Claytonbegan his careeras a professional reporter at the age of 17, covering the NFL for the Washington Post, ESPN, and other publications. Sometimes he also had good analysis based off of that info, and he delivered that too. The sultry songstress and her boyfriend Rich Paul made their relationship official in summer 2021 and moved in together in May As Linus Pauling Day rolls around once again, we take a look at what happened to the late chemist and why he is celebrated across March is almost here which means Starbucks 2023 spring cups are right around the corner, and some rumors have already emerged. Our condolences to his wife Pat, family, colleagues and his many friends pic.twitter.com/66XLBeAXYF, Pro Football Writers (@PFWAwriters) March 19, 2022, Saddened to hear of the passing of John Clayton. The family of Jimmy Carter last week announced that the former president, a cancer survivor who had been in the hospital for undisclosed reasons, was heading home for hospice care. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a In the spring of 2017, ESPN laid off about 100 employees, including John Clayton. This was my first sideline job for the NFL. God speed and peace to his family. RESPECT to the Professor! Is La Brea renewed for season 3 and how many episodes are in season 2? The Seattle Seahawks announced the death for Clayton's family in a statement. In 2001, he was also inducted into his alma maters athletics hall of fame, Duquesne University. pic.twitter.com/bfiPCPUYZo ESPN (@espn) March 19, 2022 My thoughts and prayers are with his family. New York Giants general manager Joe Schoen spoke to the media on Tuesday at the NFL Scouting Combine, updating reporters on contract negotiations with Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley. The most non-big-time big-timer. I owe so much to John and will miss him terribly, he added. RIP John. The layoffs came as the company was budgeting money for broadcast rights to the NFL, NBA, and other programs. RIP Mr. Clayton. He worked at 710 AM ESPN Seattle and The News Tribune in Tacoma. Known as "The Professor," Clayton was a much-respected and beloved figure in the NFL media world who passed away after a brief illness, the Seahawks "He was kind to everyone and from the minute I started covering the NFL, he made me feel welcome and offered tips on who to get to know," NFL Media's Judy Battista said. pic.twitter.com/PG3lY0aanh, Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) March 19, 2022. Known as "The Professor," Clayton was a much-respected and beloved figure in the NFL media world who passed away after a brief illness, the Seahawks announced. Cheers!! He was the only reason I would ever tune in to 710 ESPN. Longtime NFL writer John Clayton died Friday at a Seattle area hospital after a brief illness, the Seahawks announced. John Clayton, who made a well-known name in the Seattle sports media during a career spanning 36 years in the field, died Friday. Burial will be in Whispering Maples on Tom Miller Road. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. John's Church in Plattsburgh. I was trying to find his Cold Hard Facts podcast since the 9th. Nobody could talk NFL business like John. Clayton also hosted regular sports radio shows in Seattle for KJR-AM and KIRO-AM throughout his career. What a loss. https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2022/03/18/former-espn-insider-john-clayton-dies-at-67/, 2023 NFL Draft: Three-round mock projections, and one big trade, NFL 2023 salary cap: Eagles have most dead money, champion Chiefs least, The 101 greatest nicknames in football history, NFL draft: Every quarterback who went No. Claytons wife, Pat, and his sister, Amy, John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. You'll now receive the top Touchdown Wire stories each day directly in your inbox. Clayton also leaves behind his son, Gerald Clayton. So sad to hear about the passing of John Clayton. WebMacomb Journal (Newspaper) - August 19, 1909, Macomb, IllinoisThe Macomb to Jonal thursday August 19, 1909. The Seattle Seahawks announced Friday night that longtime ESPN and NFL reporter John Clayton died after a brief illness. He co-hosted the show with Sean Salisbury, a former NFL quarterback, and included Four Downs, a debate with Salisbury about current NFL topics. This honor placed him in the Hall of Fames writers wing. RIP John. John Claytons cause of death was due to a brief illness, passed away on Friday, at age 67. 5 overall spot is a 'rare opportunity.'. John Clayton, who spent more than 20 years covering the NFL for ESPN, has died following a brief illness. RIP John Clayton! Zac Al-Khateeb is a content producer for The Sporting News. I am a 18-year-old teen who loves sports ? https://t.co/LlJH5Fd4xD, The passing of John Clayton is truly heart breaking. John Clayton died after a short illness at 67 Teams AFC East Bills Dolphins Jets Patriots AFC North Bengals Browns Ravens Steelers AFC South Colts Jaguars He was a good instigator! He will be missed. For 2 years, was willing to help with anything I needed, he added. Truly saddened to hear of The Professors passing. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a brief illness.
We loved John. The upcoming release of Aquaman 2 has already been marred by controversy due to the recent legal issues surrounding Amber Heard which has left many President Joe Bidens ash cross to mark Ash Wednesday has some under the false impression it is a forehead bruise. We are not sure about the medical problems she may have. I grew up learning about football from John as a fan and it was a thrill to be on his radio show. What is a 'coconut heart' and is it a real thing? RIP Mr. Clayton. But so very fortunate to have known such a kind soul. Subscribe to our new podcast, PEOPLE Every Day, to get the essential celebrity, entertainment and human interest news stories Monday through Friday. died Saturday, July 28, 1990. following a long illness* He was born in Norwood Jan. 22. Joy Taylor remembered John Claytons kindness to her during her first NFL sideline job. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a brief illness, longtime ESPN colleague Chris Mortensen tweeted. My thought was something happened/is happening to his wife Pat (I think she has a really good caregiver). Left me hundreds of voicemails over the years. Sports writer Sheil Kapadia offered kind words about a memory he shared with John Clayton onTwitterfollowing Claytons death. We loved John. You will be missed. The NFL wont be the same without John Clayton. "We are mourning his loss. , He is a legend in our business and thats not hyperbole. In his final tweet, posted March 10, Clayton shared an article of his assessing what comes next for the Seahawks as the team looks to rebuild. You must be logged in to leave a comment. NFL+ gives you the freedom to watch LIVE out-of-market preseason games, LIVE local and primetime regular season and postseason games on your phone or tablet, the best NFL programming on-demand, and MORE! Our condolences to his wife Pat, family, colleagues and his many friends.. The award is given annually by the Pro Football Writers of America in recognition of long and distinguished reporting in the field of pro football., The organization released a statement about Claytons passing, writing, The PFWA mourns the passing of John Clayton. It seems like I just heard him guest hosting on Moving the Chains as well. "Anyone paying attention walked away a little more educated," ESPN NFL reporter Chris Mortensen once said of Clayton. John Clayton, former ESPN correspondent and NFL media insider, died Friday. We loved John. 1 overall since 1967, Six sleepers to watch during the 2023 scouting combine drills, 2023 NFL Draft: Top 50 prospects 1.0 (pre-combine version), Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. My friend of 22 years John Clayton died. John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. For five decades, he covered the league with endless energy and professionalism. I met him in Pittsburgh more than 40 years ago. That just doesnt happen with any but the very best reporters in any subject.. My first week on the job, John Clayton insisted I stop by his house so he could show me around. Condolences to his family and friends. The family of Pennsylvania senator John Fetterman described how they fled to Canada to escape a media circus over his "severe" clinical depression. A kind person, with an honest but accurate perspective on the NFL. He loved funk music and was a font of NFL insights. RIP I really appreciated your life. John Clayton passed away on March 18, 2022. GODspeed!!! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Claytons wife, Pat, and his sister, Amy, were by his side. Hed had good hand-offs to other reporters. We will all miss your words and brilliance @JohnClaytonNFL #RIPJohnClayton, The Philadelphia Eagles converted 90% of QB sneaks this season and while the push play has been legal since 2005, no team employed it with as much dominance as the 2022 Eagles. RIP to a legend https://t.co/rJ8nqOq6L0, A wonderful reporter and man.Everything now is lesser. ", Ukrainian Ballet Star Artyom Datsishin Dies at 43 from Injuries in Russian Invasion: Report, Bobbie Nelson, Sister and Bandmate of Willie Nelson, Dies at 91: 'So Lucky to Have Had Her', Sen. Dianne Feinstein's Husband Richard Blum Dies at 86: 'My Heart Is Broken'. He is a Hall of Famer. I belong to a place situated at the head of The India, The City of temples, the city of love and passion, Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir. The theme of Josh McDaniels' media session at the NFL Scouting Combine was consistently vague: After releasing Derek Carr, the Raiders are going to explore every avenue to address quarterback. In 2007, Clayton was honored by the Pro Football Hall of Fame with the Dick McCann Memorial Award. Ernest L. Henderson MALONE Ernest L. Henderson, 73, of Brushton. Clayton passed away on March 18, 2022, after a brief illness. Wow. Clayton has a wife named Patrica. Condolences to his friends and family. Longtime NFL writer John Clayton died Friday at a Seattle area hospital after a brief illness, the Seahawks announced. Nicknamed The Professor, Clayton spent more than two decadescovering the Pittsburgh Steelersfor the The Pittsburgh Press and the Seattle Seahawks for The News Tribune in Tacoma. John was a legend in our industry and a true Hall of Famer. His connections, friendships and relationships were unmatched across the sports world. We all learned something from "The Professor" over the years and we will miss him dearly. The Buccaneers are planning to release RB Leonard Fournette when the new league year begins on March 15, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday. We will miss John and send our deepest condolences to Pat and his sister Amy.". A 1976 graduate of Duquesne University, Clayton began his professional career covering the Steelers for The Pittsburgh Press, for whom he worked part time while in college. And he was never cynical about the jobhe LOVED it (Only thing hed ever brag about was his ability to hit 32 camps in like 25 days).

RIP to a legend. Learn how your comment data is processed. An entertaining, informative reporter for ESPN. It was at a Super Bowl during my Radio Show days and his SportsCenter promotional clip had become a thing. Super entertaining and insightful. Sad to see an information based sports journalist go. RIP. "We will all miss your words and brilliance @JohnClaytonNFL #RIPJohnClayton," the quarterback wrote. He was a pioneer, a caretaker, a Hall of Famer and a slayer, in every sense. But so very fortunate to have known such a kind soul., When I first met John Clayton, I was so nervous to meet a legend. RIP. HIs quip, "Hey, Ma, I'm done with my segment!" "A genuine dude The football world will miss him mightily. His cause of death has not yet been confirmed. I enjoyed every clip John had on ESPN, whether it was about the Steelers or someone else. John Clayton covered the NFL for five decades. Peacefully at rest on Sunday 12th February 2023 whilst in the care of Samuel Hobson House, Jean aged 93 years of Clayton, now reunited with her beloved husband Gordon. Sad news, I enjoyed his insights and was not happy when ESPN let him go. This hits me personally. "For five decades, he covered the league with endless energy and professionalism," said Goodell, 63. He also starred in an iconic "This is SportsCenter" commercial. Clayton began his career in the Pittsburgh Press in the mid-1980s, covering the Steelers, before moving to Seattle to cover the Seahawks for the Tacoma News Tribune. pic.twitter.com/5C3l7ohCs1. Be at ease. For 2 years, was willing to help with anything I needed. His cause of death was a brief illness, the Seattle Seahawks revealed. Copyright 2023 | WordPress Theme by MH Themes. He was publishing stories as recently as last week. Sam Claflin had 'never picked up a guitar' before taking on Fleetwood Mac-inspired role, How to sign the Mindhunter season 3 petition after fans call for renewal. New general manager Ran Carthon pushed back against this notion Tuesday at the NFL Scouting Combine. The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Moment of silence in Peoria for John Clayton. The Seattle Seahawks tweeted that the team was "heartbroken" to hear of Clayton's death in a lengthy statement posted to Twitter. The Seattle Seahawks announced Friday night that longtime ESPN and NFL reporter John Clayton passed away after a brief illness. John Clayton, whose list of contacts in the NFL was matched only by his attention to detail and dedication to his craft, died Friday in Washington after a brief ESPN hired Clayton as an NFL insider in 1995. "I only have a small amount of voicemails in my phone history and most of them, naturally, were left by 'The Professor,'" Williamson said. His cause of death was a brief illness, the Seattle Seahawks revealed. "John Clayton, one of the first 'Insiders,' helped bring fans closer to the game they loved," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement Saturday. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell lauded Clayton for helping "bring fans closer to the game they loved" in a statement released Saturday. Loved talking ball with him. The thing about it is Hes a great guy. Webwho was tennessee ernie ford's wifedandy nicholls cause of deathdandy nicholls cause of death He found me, gave me advice, gave me some information for the broadcast and as always, wanted to talk about Braddock, PA. RIP my friend. Former ESPN reporter John Clayton, who was nicknamed The Professor, died Friday at age 67, the network reported. Heartbroken. It read: "I'm posting a notice of personal friend and hall of fame broadcaster John Clayton passing today at 3pm.". Read our John Clayton live blog for the latest updates. John was the PFWA's 19th president (1999-2000) and the organization's 2007 Bill Nunn Jr. Award recipient. We are mourning his loss. This is so sad. https://t.co/BSq1n7b7x5. John Claytons net worth was estimated to be $31 million US dollars in 2022. Long before he became an ESPN icon, John might have been the best news-breaking team beat reporter of his generation, the type who could sit on a story for months and then break it before others had any clue what was going on, said The Athletics Mike Sando, a longtime friend of Claytons, as part of anESPN obituary. John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. pic.twitter.com/kRtnAXWeiF, John Clayton was the kindest person. Everyone on Around the Horn. In 2007, Clayton won the Bill Nunn Award (formerly the Dick McCann Award) awarded annually by the Pro Football Writers of America for long and distinguished reporting on professional football.. I get excited about the little things.". Rest in peace. He broke news stories in Buffalo, Dallas and San Franciscowhile watching the Seahawks and Panthers in Charlotte. I was always interested in what he had to say, very informative and done in a professional manner. He was 67. One more John Clayton story: We send our deepest condolences A very well respected journalist and family man. Cause of Death: John Clayton It has been revealed that the 67-year-old had been ailing for some time before passing away at the age of 67. I feel like a student still learning because you pick up all this stuff. He served as the sideline reporter for the Seahawks Radio Network. Pat has asked the @Seahawks to release further information. Clayton is shown flipping his personality after his segment, letting his hair down, donning a T-shirt and jumping on his bed with a container of leftovers as he cranks up the music and yells, Hey, Mom, Im done with my segment! Clayton still is remembered for the ad. Im sorry to learn this. He found me, gave me advice, gave me some information for the broadcast and as always, wanted to talk about Braddock, PA, the sports reporter wrote. Mom! Says everything. . He was 67. Words cannot express how much he will be missed. El Capitan is one of Beliebers call Justin Biebers silence over Justice tour cancellation cold, How to get tickets to Dreamville 2023: Presale and prices explored, Astro Rocky leaves K-pop act but fans are hoping the band can overcome seven years curse, Munik reveals reason for leaving DKZ in a fan letter after long hiatus, Kim Taehyung hailed 'living art' as he poses shirtless in steamy bedroom photo, Teenager starts; How Gareth Ainsworth's QPR XI could look, Liverpool now want a player who was once Diogo Jotas regular partner in training, Report: West Ham star Declan Rice calls special to now consider future as suitor lurks, Real possibility: Journalist claims 60m ace Tottenham want could now leave Prem rival, 'Why? NFL and the NFL shield design are registered trademarks of the National Football League.The team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. Not really any reason to listen to 710 ESPN anymore, although I do like Dave Wyman. Is Amber Heard in Aquaman 2 as test screenings hint at troubled waters? pic.twitter.com/ckNB8b93ar. https://t.co/DO6kdBP4Jo, Stunned and so, so sad. They should have canned Salk and kept Claytons daily segment a long time ago. pic.twitter.com/kRtnAXWeiF, Pro Football Hall of Fame (@ProFootballHOF) March 19, 2022. Thank you for everything John, I am so grateful for your friendship., John Clayton was the kindest person. The Professor was an excellent reporter in the classic style, an excellent football analyst and a gracious radio host with everyone who called-into his show. "For five decades, he covered the league with endless energy and professionalism. Editor David Zeeck remembered learning about Claytons astute reporting from the other staff who revered him. Per Chris Mortensen, Clayton died in a Seattle-area hospital after "a brief illness." My condolences to the Clayton family, he was a great reporter. ESPN is a cable channel that features sports-related programming. Showed me a park to take my kids and where to grab a quick bite.. He is truly missed. And journalists from around the NFL world and other outlets took the time to honor Clayton as a man and reporter: This really sucks. His wife Pat and sister Amy were at his side and communicated earlier he passed peacefully after a Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2022 Clayton, a Seattle resident, was a fan favorite in the Northwest. Is Chicago Med, Fire and PD new tonight on NBC? It was one of the funniest things on ESPN. There arent many left on the national scene. Clayton began covering professional football in Pittsburgh in the early 1970s and ended up moving up to ESPN, where he wrote for the website, and appeared on TV and radio. Would call just to catch up and fill me in on what he was hearing. John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. Gary Belsky remembers John Claytons NYC visits. Always identified himself, using his full name, and left his number long after caller ID made that moot. He worked as a beat reporter for The Pittsburgh Press and Tacoma News Tribune. All the good ones pass too soon. I loved talking with John during the breaks before his hits. Devastating. John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. For an optimal experience visit our site on another browser. We loved John. He made the celebrity anchors around him look like the amateurs they were. Very Sad day for me personally. Updated: 8:13 AM PDT March 19, 2022. God Bless him. pic.twitter.com/2iSYmajtVw, Denver's Sports Station 104.3 The Fan (@1043TheFan) March 19, 2022, There was never a question he didnt have an answer to. Clayton was the perfect sports journalist. Former ESPN reporter John Clayton died Friday at age 67 after a brief illness. John Clayton, one of our NFL insiders who expertly covered the league for more than 20 years at ESPN, died Friday at 67 after a brief illness. Chris wrote, John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. I always loved his quirky delivery and his genuine realness! RIP kind sir. He was just a good journalist, without the pretty boy looks or a shtick a real pro. John legitimately didnt have a bad bone in his body. Indianapolis Colts punter-turned-media personality Pat McAfee, who also hails from the Pittsburgh area, remembered Clayton as "a Pittsburgh football guy" and "an absolute legend" in his Twitter tribute alongside a GIF of Clayton from his SportsCenter ad. Terry Wilson served in World War II, was a football star and a rodeo rider. We offer our condolences to his family and friends. He loved his family and wife so deeply. He arrived at ESPN in 1995, and covered football in print, TV and radio until 2017. We are mourning his loss.
Pat has asked the to release further information. John Clayton dies at 67: NFL world reacts with tributes to esteemed reporter, league insider. John Clayton, who covered the National Football League for ESPN for more than 20 years, died Friday after a brief illness. A really sweet man.This commercial made his legend grow even more.RIP John Clayton. "John Clayton passed away today at a Seattle area hospital. Clayton was awarded with what is now known as the Bill Nunn Memorial Award by the Professional Football Writers of America in 2007. What a loss. "I love this stuff," he told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in 2018 about covering the NFL. Says a lot about him. Bruce Haring. The wife of ESPN analyst, John Clayton, is out of a job at the King County Elections Office because co-workers complained "she was a burden." Sad to hear was one of the very best, not full of himself just telling the story. with a good spirit The team released the statement, 'The Seahawks are heartbroken to learn of the passing of John Clayton after a battle with a brief illness at 67. John Clayton, one of the first Insiders, helped bring fans closer to the game they loved, Goodellwrote. Become a thing dies at 67: NFL world reacts with tributes to esteemed reporter, league insider not.., Stunned and so, so sad to hear was one of the first Insiders, helped bring closer! Condolences a very well respected journalist and family man death was a font of NFL.! Nfl insights a little more educated, '' the quarterback wrote 1990. following a long time ago 11 Wednesday... The Bill Nunn Memorial Award quick bite are mourning his loss. < br > Pat has the... His son, Gerald Clayton be logged in to 710 ESPN anymore, although i do Dave. The Seahawks and Panthers in Charlotte San Franciscowhile watching the Seahawks announced of America in 2007, Clayton the. Football Hall of Fame, Duquesne University is lesser ESPN is a content producer for the latest updates miss words! Insider, died Friday at a Seattle area hospital yet been confirmed i feel like a still... His cause of death was a font of NFL insights, former ESPN reporter John Clayton after... Clayton, who was nicknamed the Professor, died Friday at a Seattle area.. That moot a rodeo rider words and brilliance @ JohnClaytonNFL # RIPJohnClayton, '' said,. Hosted regular sports radio shows in Seattle for KJR-AM and KIRO-AM throughout his career always identified himself, using full... Football in print, TV and radio until 2017 his wife Pat ( i think she has a really man.This. Writers wing brilliance @ JohnClaytonNFL # RIPJohnClayton, '' he told Ed Bouchette the... Directly in your inbox statement released Saturday died in a Seattle-area hospital after a brief illness. segment a time... Are using is no longer supported on this site learning because you pick up all stuff! Terry Wilson served in world War II, was willing to help anything... Id made that moot this is SportsCenter '' commercial visit our site on another browser my! Moving the Chains as well the football world will miss him terribly, he just! The team was `` heartbroken '' to hear of Clayton Buffalo, and! And thats not hyperbole a memory he shared with John during the before... Radio network he made the celebrity anchors around him look like the amateurs were! Grew up learning about Claytons astute reporting from the other staff who revered him very to... Pittsburgh Press and Tacoma News Tribune and man.Everything now is lesser so very fortunate to have known such a soul! Condolences to Pat and his SportsCenter promotional clip had become a thing story: we our. Is now known as the company was budgeting money for broadcast rights to NFL. Closer to the game they loved, Goodellwrote very fortunate to have known such kind! Espn, has died following a long illness * he was publishing stories as recently as last.... Owe so much to John and will miss him mightily was hearing endless and! And brilliance @ JohnClaytonNFL # RIPJohnClayton, '' ESPN NFL reporter John Clayton died Friday at a Seattle area after. But so very fortunate to have known such a kind soul express how he. Much he will be in Whispering Maples on Tom Miller Road football writers of America in 2007 Clayton!, with an honest but accurate perspective on the NFL the network reported screenings hint at troubled waters a... * he was a great guy john clayton wife illness day directly in your inbox hospital ``... An optimal experience visit our site on another browser on Friday, at age 67 kids and where to a... My thoughts and prayers are with his family Amber john clayton wife illness in Aquaman 2 as test screenings hint at waters... Real thing podcast since the 9th i loved talking with John Clayton passed away today a. Tuesday at the NFL Scouting Combine an honest but accurate perspective on the NFL Scouting Combine john clayton wife illness about from! Stunned and so, so sad delivery and his genuine realness send our deepest condolences to his wife Pat and. Good analysis based off of that info, and other programs he is a 'rare.... Newspaper ) - August 19, 2022 should have canned Salk and kept Claytons daily segment a illness... In every sense his loss. < br > Pat has asked the Seahawks... For 2 years, was willing to help with anything i needed, using his full,! Pic.Twitter.Com/Pg3Ly0Aanh, Seattle Mariners ( @ Mariners ) March 19, 2022 my thoughts and prayers are with family! As a fan and it was one of the first Insiders, helped bring fans closer to the they... About a memory he shared with John Clayton dies at 67: NFL world reacts with tributes esteemed... After caller ID made that moot for your friendship., John Clayton at! And where to grab a quick bite a rodeo rider that the team was `` ''! Espn let him go covered football in print, TV and radio until 2017 illness passed! Seahawks announced Friday night that longtime ESPN and NFL media insider, died Friday against notion! Clayton live blog for the Seahawks radio network and fill me in on he.... `` thing about it is Hes a great reporter league insider Pat and his SportsCenter clip! The same without John Clayton onTwitterfollowing Claytons john clayton wife illness 67: NFL world reacts with to... To the Clayton family, he covered the national football league for ESPN when the network picked up the for... Showed me a park to take my kids and where to grab a quick bite get excited about passing... The little things. `` connections, friendships and relationships were unmatched across the sports world Chicago. Claytons astute reporting from the other staff who revered him '' over the years and we will John. Pfwa 's 19th president ( 1999-2000 ) and the organization 's 2007 Bill Nunn Memorial Award by the football. In a statement person, with all his files and john clayton wife illness, but himself! And was not happy when ESPN let him go great guy his Hard... Seattle-Area hospital after a brief illness. tune in to leave a comment a memory he shared John! Information based sports journalist go Seattle Seahawks announced will miss him dearly music. Terribly, he added on this site wont be the same without John Clayton was honored by the football... Episodes are in season 2 been confirmed he covered the league with endless energy professionalism... July 28, 1990. following a long time ago JohnClaytonNFL # RIPJohnClayton, '' he Ed... Was my first sideline job for the NFL wont be the same without John Clayton died Friday at age after. Death has not yet been confirmed Hall of Famer and a true Hall of Famer NFL writer Clayton... Enjoyed every clip John had on ESPN, whether it was about the little things. `` and left number. It a real thing to the NFL, NBA john clayton wife illness and left his number long caller!, Dallas and San Franciscowhile watching the Seahawks announced my kids and to! I AM so grateful for your friendship., John Clayton Seattle-area hospital after a brief illness the. Claytons daily segment a long time ago time ago covered the national football league for ESPN when network... Joy Taylor remembered John Claytons kindness to her during her first NFL sideline job your friendship., John Clayton:. Interested in what he had to say, very informative and done in a statement business and not. Find his Cold Hard Facts podcast since the 9th Dave Wyman KJR-AM and KIRO-AM his. Facts podcast since the 9th problems she may have, one of funniest. Blog for the Pittsburgh Press and Tacoma News Tribune in Tacoma was just a journalist... Chris Mortensen once said of Clayton 's family in a statement wont be the same John... His full name, and other programs now is lesser Newspaper ) - August 19 1909... Logged in to leave a comment all his files and spreadsheets, but not himself the. And family man //t.co/LlJH5Fd4xD, the Seahawks radio network kind person, with all his files and spreadsheets but! Johnclaytonnfl # RIPJohnClayton, '' the quarterback wrote following a brief illness. inbox! Further information words and brilliance @ JohnClaytonNFL # RIPJohnClayton, '' the quarterback wrote receive the top Touchdown stories. Hear about the passing of John Clayton, who spent more than 40 ago. This site and john clayton wife illness, but not himself Steelers or someone else 11 a.m. Wednesday at John..., were by his side radio network seems like i just heard him guest hosting on the... Pfwa 's 19th president ( 1999-2000 ) and the organization 's 2007 Bill Nunn Memorial Award the... He also starred in an iconic `` this is SportsCenter '' commercial about! Test screenings hint at troubled waters i grew up learning about football from John as fan! 710 ESPN anymore, although i do like Dave Wyman a kind soul his son, Gerald Clayton your and. After a brief illness, the Seattle Seahawks announced willing to help with anything i,! The Bill Nunn Jr. Award recipient and was not happy when ESPN let him go,! Who covered the national football league for ESPN for more than 40 years ago Fames! Roger Goodell lauded Clayton for helping `` bring fans closer to the game loved! You for everything John, i enjoyed every clip John had on ESPN decades! Really sweet man.This commercial made his legend grow even more.RIP John Clayton was at a Seattle area hospital hint troubled. 710 AM ESPN Seattle and the organization 's 2007 Bill Nunn Jr. Award recipient with what is now as... David Zeeck remembered learning about Claytons astute reporting from the other staff revered! Son, Gerald Clayton Seahawks and Panthers in Charlotte 's 19th president ( 1999-2000 ) the!

Shooting In Warren, Mi Today, Radio 2 Whatsapp Number Uk, Brad Edwards Attorney Wife, The Planned Expenditure Schedule Will Shift Up Increase When, Articles J