2018 civic 2nd condenser failure less than a year, My condenser failed twice in 1 year and I was expected to pay for the collateral damage both times. The noise continued, and I managed to record it with my phone. My car is sitting at the dealership while I wait and see if Honda can help with any costs to something that is not my fault. Bought my 2018 Civic Sensing and had issue the the AC warm air. Honda can update the part # but its still the same part. A Honda Civic class action lawsuit concerning air conditioner condensers has been dismissed as 2015-2019 Honda Civic owners claim the cars suffer from cracked air conditioning hoses and condensers. I've purchased my last Honda. Total damage = ~2200. I'm surprised we still haven't been compensated for this Honda f'ck up!! Thanks a lot! MAKE FOR RECALL ASSISTANCE/QUESTIONS OR CHECK THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC . But the compressor failed as well. The current lawsuit is being conducted by the Berger Montague law firm, which you can email for further information. Supposedly I bought a car that was safe and that did not have any problems and I decided to buy a Honda civic 2017 but it seems that I bought a Limn car in less than 4 years the air conditioning has been damaged and Honda wants me to pay $ 3000 for the composure It is ridiculous I'm totally disappointed. AC started blowing hot air since the last service but because of stay-at-home orders and working from home, the car was hardly used so I didn't bother to fix it. I complained not long after i got the car to my dealer whom I worked for that Ac didnt seem cold. Repeat A/C Failure on 2018 Honda CRV. Similar to other reviews (and wow there are a lot of them), about 40,000 miles in my AC started blowing hot air. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. Thank you to the person that sued Honda. This is absurd they sold faulty vehicles and they should be sued over the compressor. Despite the fact there is no recall for AC units on Civics and Honda has extended its warrant to a 10-year period, there are a few details owners of Honda Civic should be aware of. @ % A.P.R. My A/C blows hot air like a heater. There is a fresh lawsuit on this after one was ruled in favor of Honda back in 2020. I have an appointment next Wednesday at the dealership. Now I called back and he said yea all AC have problems with this kind of car .I am so disappointed. Only 1 left! Looks like ill be rolling down the windows. VIN RECALL/PRODUCT UPDATE LOOKUP A simple, easy way to find recall and product update information on your Honda. I was always warmer than it should have been and i took it back Honda a number of times and at first, they said they didn't see anything wrong with it. Dealership says it will charge it and insert some dye to find leaks. Your location and vehicle may affect the price of AC Compressor Replacement. I sold Hondas at a Honda store and had my service department check into it. Again I am .. I thought it was the increasing heat of the summer that was too strong, but when the heat wave hit and I could not even last an hour driving in my car with the AC blowing warm air at the highest power at the lowest temperature setting last weekend, I realized something was wrong with my AC. I went to Honda dealership and they told me to schedule an appointment for inspection. This type of thing seems to happen with all makes but very disappointed in Honda. Got the 10 year extended warranty on my 17 Civic condenser. Summary: Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2016 Honda Civic two door and four door 1.5L turbo and 2.0L vehicles. Transmission Issues. . Call our lemon law attorneys at 888-536-6628 or . I was told I needed a new condensor because it was damaged due to be hit by a stone. There is one happening in California but someone said it's under mediation and in the end only car owners who involved in the lawsuit will get compensated, if Honda ever agreed to compensate them. Condenser was replaced and covered under warranty but it seems that my compressor is leaking just like most everyone on the reviews. Even though they couldn't find the leak they finally agreed to replace the condenser. I took it to my mechanic and was told the AC systems uses a new type of refrigerant and most mechanics do not have the equipment to do the repair. /mo. Honda Civic AC Problems. Honda Civic, 2018, 4-door. Around this time, Honda did extend their warranty to cover replacement of AV condensers, so I took my car into the dealerships, thinking that I would get it fixed. Why would I do that? I tried working with Honda Corporate, they basically said too bad.I started having issues when my car was at 43k, just outside of my warranty. They said it's defective and leaking, and needs replacing. Nobody wanna pay around 2000bucks to repair the air conditioner. . cciyu Air Conditioning Compressor Fit for Honda Civic CRV for A-cura ILX RDX 2007-2015 CO 4920AC Auto Repair Compressors Assembly. 6511266 A/C Compressor Sold individually With Clutch, 6-Groove. Most of the time, it's usually due to a low charge. The AC compressor is getting a command to turn on but is no longer able to, which would indicate that it needs replacing. Receipt said "perform recall" but charge said "warranty". Returned to the dealership later, no leaks found. 2018 Honda. I am extremely disappointed in Honda's response to the AC issue. Those cars are defective theyre lemon cars. I only ever gotten 1 recall notice at my address, in 2019, and I did take it into a Honda dealership in same year 2019, for the people there to make me wait hours for a maintenance check and then be harassed into trying to buy & pay for extra stuff! I started having the same issues last year. Woodstock GA 30189. New 2023 Honda Civic from Altoona Honda in Altoona, PA, 16602. This summer there isn't even cool air. See All Products Details. Ac blowing warm air, says compressor & evaporator leaking. While there has yet to be a recall for this problem, American Honda Motor Company has issued an extended warranty for qualified models. This was covered under Honda's extended warranty and I did not have to pay a dime. Part Number: 38810-RNA-A02. If I can give negative 1M stars for this company I would. Add my complaint to the pile. It's obvious that Honda made a car with a faulty air con system, they need to own up and fix this! I went to my local honda dealer 3x in the first 3 years. Took it in and received a quote for 2300 to fix leaking ac compressor. AC not working, get it repaired, works for a few months then goes out again. In 2020 just outside of the warranty, I took it back. I have a 2017 Civic with only 8,500 miles on it. Battery was replaced by the dealer twice and i had a car that would not start last week. We as owners should not be responsible for their faulty manufacturing! Drop it off at our shop and pick it up a few hours later, or save time and have our Delivery mechanics come to you. After much battling with them they finally replaced it free of charge, didn't even pay for the diagnostics. The air conditioning compressor is a known issue with the 2016 Honda Civic. Here is my recall letter for the AC issue. Call 301-892-3424 for more information. I have to get off the freeway, turn my car off to reset the radio or drive in silence geezzzz so tired this has been going on since I bought my car and it cant be duplicated by the dealer cause I have to be driving . $211.73. This work is . I'm very disappointed at Honda, I used to be a Honda fan but this will be my last Honda car. The lawsuit says instead of a Honda Civic recall, owners are forced to pay up to $2,000 to repair the air . . I have a 2018 Honda Civic with $32k miles. Does anybody have an idea on what should I do? I have same problem with the other reviewer specially Carol put it in June 22 now I made an appointment to go to dealer on September 13 22 but I took it Ever since I got this Honda Civic , Im having problem with noise Honda dealer in Matteson, they charged me $311 for a diagnostic and they estimated compressor and condenser for almost $3000 II totally agree with a Carol who put review on June 2022. Since so many Honda Civic 2016-2019 drivers had AC failures, I believe we should file a class action lawsuit. Honda does NOT care!!! My car just passed 20k miles, is a total cream puff. We have been Certified Pre-Owned Champions in the Mid-Atlantic area for 21 consecutive years. 2016 Honda Civic Air Conditioning issues. Great (but where did the refrigerant go?) Bought new 4 years ago today. After the first lawsuit was dismissed, two plaintiffs filed separate complaints which have now been consolidated into one, including 9 . They called an hour later and told me that the compressor had leaks as well, but that Honda would only cover the condenser. I am writing this review sonpeople have some hope.. Last week my ac just stopped blowing cold air. Upon the repairs being completed, I learned from the mechanic that Honda knows of the AC condenser issue and was told file a claim with Honda to get reimbursement for what I paid to the mechanic. For a license renewal and again for when I was getting a real ID! So he reveals that it is actually a leaking evaporator and compressor and the repair quote was $4050 after taxes and labor. So I read all of these reviews so great full for them almost all negative which gave me needed info. The extended AC warranty does not apply to vehicles that have a condenser leak caused by a foreign object. Csc@ahm.honda.com steven_bailey@ahm.honda.com secretary.weber@sos.ca.gov, 2018 2nd condenser failure less than a year. Why should I have to pay the $225 when it is a known problem. It turned out to be the VALVE BODY, which was replaced under warranty. 2016-2018 Honda civic ac issue (update!) I brought the car to a Honda dealership and was told there was a leak in the compressor. In May of 2021, with only about 10,000 miles in 33 months, our A/C failed. The faulty AC unit reportedly affects Honda Civics from the model years 2015 to 2019. The dealership wants $ 2150 to fix it but there's no parts available until mid of august 2019. They filled it for free. The price that they gave me to fix the evaporator was $2,100 which I am not able to afford. Https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163796-0001.pdf 2) iN VIN Status inquiry. During the summer of 2021, I noticed that my AC was not blowing cold air, it was hot, the same as the hot summer air outside. So pleased with the ease of the process preferred not having the issue at all but it appears Honda took their time but ultimately is correcting the issue at the corporate and dealership level. So a few weeks ago, I noticed that the AC was blowing warm to hot air again. In all states, millions of consumers must have air conditioning in their vehicles to combat heat and for general pulmonary disorders. They said it was the condenser. I would want things to last a little longer than a summer. I was told that I had to pay $400 dollars for them to check it out. Part Number: GPD6511266. Honda Civic A/C Compressor. . The 2016 Honda Civic has 104 problems reported for a/c not working properly. It better get fixed because according to the lease, Honda still owns the car regardless if im at 40,000 miles and over my warranty battle at the dealership now, getting Honda involved stay tuned. They would not even cover the diagnostic fee, which they would have had it just been the condenser. I take it in to the Honda dealership and they tell me its the condenser and they repaired it for free. Very crooked Honda dealer in Greensboro NC Beware of Crown Honda.. New 2023 Honda Civic from Corwin Honda Fargo in Fargo, ND, 58103. AC is not blowing out cold air. After a couple of years, the compressor is defect too. About Our Dealership Our Dealership. Same as most comments above. The condensers were covered but he compressor is not. I gave a rating of 2 stars instead of only 1 star because they at least acknowledged their defect which at least got my wife through last summer. The dealer wants $2100 for repair which obviously I won't do it. My 2017 Civic (27000 miles)'s AC was not cold enough. The only issue we had was with the air conditioner, it went out during the pandemic and we couldn't get out to have it serviced. I have a 2016 Honda Civic that is no longer under warranty. Very sad indeed. I paid almost $27000 for this car new. I was charged $784 to replace it. Do not pay these ridiculous fees for a problem that Honda created. I called Honda dealership and their price for compressor replacement is about $1800. Don't pay that ridiculous amount. I was on a road trip that was 12 hours and ice chips started hitting me in the face and that was after the ac would not blow air strong enough even at its lowest setting. Honda has ignored the problem and they should recall or issue a service bulletin extending a warranty for those defective a/c parts. Hrv mlcdn. a. Honda Civic AC Compressor Replacement. See the new 2023 Honda Civic priced at $28,226. I have 2016 Civic EX. The dealership wants more and more to repair again and again. First, the dealer said the condenser needs to be replaced, now they said the compressor also has leaking. I was so excited to buy a Honda Civic hatchback and it was the first one I could grab my hands on since it was so in demand. Such s**t. 45k miles in. Ay 16,000 miles the AC went out so I took it back to the dealer. But it has had so many AC problems. I bought the car brand new and everything looked great. The Civic AC class action also alleges dealers may tell owners that no leaks were found. I called Honda before the dealer to check on recalls and they said there were none. or Best Offer. I have a 2016 Honda Civic 2 door today is 8/31/22 air conditioner was blowing hot air at this time last summer took it to the dealer it was the compressor here we go again same issue its 110 degrees this is not the time for my air to be out again . I am going to take it in though out of necessity tomorrow. Honda corporation should be ashamed of the lies that are being told. CALL US 770-628-5291. In 2018 it started blowing hot air. Protect the functionality of your air conditioning system by upgrading your Honda Civic AC compressor with AutoZone. Though there have been no AC recalls on Honda Civics, a Honda Civic owner filed a lawsuit in 2019 that claimed holes in condenser tubes caused the vehicle AC to fail in Honda Civics, model year 2016-2018. Honda released the technical service bulletin #19-091 on August 9, 2019 that details how factory defective air conditioner condensers in 2016-2018 Civics caused damage to air conditioners. A class action needs to move forward immediately against Honda with the attorney generals of this country realizing that millions of Americans suffer a serious health risks owing to defects in Honda AC units. . My car started blowing hot air, went to the dealership and they changed it for free d/t the recall for the condenser. New 2023 Honda Civic from Holmes Honda in Shreveport, LA, 71105. Now they're telling me that the condenser and compressor are leaking, and the evaporator is also not working. In this situation, it is possible that changing the compressor clutch is the only option. This is not Honda's first rodeo on faulty ac units and the 8th or 9th Gen civics and other vehicles had the . Since that time I have had to replace another condensor and have taken it for other AC problems. Is that where they make the big money? They service advisor tries to tell me hes never heard of someone having theirs go twice. STILL AT THE DEALERS. The phone number to Honda corporate is 800-999-1009. The lawsuit alleges 2016 to 2018 Honda Civics contain the air conditioning system defect, including the lack of working climate control and defroster controls, which can in turn "cause health dangers that expose the driver and occupants of the Class Vehicles to an increased risk of injury or death.". The condenser is covered by warranty but the compressor is going to cost me $2200 out of pocket. Thanks for this article. Vehicle VIN is 2HGFE2F57PH526952. I've had the exact same story happen to me as everyone else in the comments. mims80 Senior Member. own a 2016 Honda Civic ex, right close to 30,000 miles the air conditioning started blowing hot , and Honda knew about the issue with the cars coming out of the factory, why are not being recalled. David Goldberg. My Honda Civic 2018 started to blow hot air. If you are dealing with a faulty condenser that has caused greater AC issues, call American Honda and fight it first! Everyone be careful! My AC was blowing hot air so I bit the bullet and went to a dealer where a new condenser was installed along with new freon at NO charge! Mine just blows hot air went in to see to find out its the compressor with a large hole I have a2017 civic they also charged me almost $300 to tell me that it will cost $1800 to fix. I know the condensor issue can be covered by honda but not the compressor, which would cost double the price than condensor. I support a class action ASAP ITS JUST FLAT OUT WRONG HOW honda corporation handling this. I hope they stand by the AC repairs that they made at the beginning of last summer. Honda Automobile Customer Service at (800) 999-1009. It went out again this month. Fast forward to August 2020 and my air conditioner went again. When I turned the key to start the car, there was a whirring/moaning-type sound that stopped as quickly as I released the key. Thats when I told him no, because its defective, they know its defective and they tried everything to get me to pay $2200 to have it replaced. I refused as it is ridiculous that the A/C did not last to a little over 21k miles. . It appears that its not just my car and it doesnt seem as though Honda wants to take the blame for it. Ive been loyal to Hondas for the last 22 years however this may be my last one. It's not in stock, and must be ordered. And with warmer weather, this problem becomes . Less than a month ago, they repaired the condenser & checked to make sure that was the only thing wrong. Read all these reviews and boy I'm glad I did! Have there been any Honda Civic AC recalls? A/C compressors are supposed to last the lifetime of a car for 10-15 years., not at 21K miles!!! Ido not want to pay for what they need to repair or replace. This week told compressor is leaking $1800. They wanted close to 2K to fix. Labor costs are estimated between $228 and $288 while parts are priced between $601 and $912. AC stopped blowing cool air. They fixed it in April of 2021 now its July 2022 and Im having the same issue but now its significantly hotter here in texas and Im irritable because Im going through the same issue and its barely been over a year. Call a Honda dealer to check if your vehicle is covered and when you can get a repair/replacement appointment if it is. They informed me of the new Freon isnt like the old days. For the year 2016 to 2018, . Australian models are not covered for the extended air con warranty. They do not make them like they used to make. Outrageous! Add to Cart . Look at all the comments and complaints about Honda's between 2016-2019. Honda Civic Ac Compressor Lawsuit . I took my car to a mechanic the next day and was told it could be fixed. After that is when I did my research on these condensers and found out they were being replaced under their so-called extended warranty. Just took my 2016 Hinda Civic (62k miles) for scheduled service. They replaced it for free, which was great. The first two times, it was covered by warranty - the third time I had to pay for a diagnosis fee but they didn't diagnose anything. Took into the dealer and was told it needed a compressor and coil. Unfortunately, my car is slightly over 40K miles, the warranty only covers up 36K miles. Dealership now wants $2k+ to replace the compressor (not the warrantied condensor! My 2018 Civic has been blowing hot air out of my car for a bit now so decided to take it in. Air worked great for a year and 3 months. Honda needs to own up to this problem. As a result of the lawsuit, Honda extended its AC warranty to Ten (10) years and unlimited miles. I live in Phoenix area. My service advisor said he would call Honda and see if they would pay for it. It now has its 4th condenser since I purchased it new. I have paid out over $2,000 and only have 47,000 miles on the car. Well ok hmmm. I'd think it's safe to say..LEMONLEMONLEMON. On the 2006-2011 1.8L Honda Civic, the engine powers the compressor through an accessory belt that spins the pully on the front. GPD. The Honda Civic has been offered by Honda Motor Company since 1972. New 2023 Honda Civic from Apple Honda of Hanover in Hanover, PA, 17331. The service advisor said that there could be an issue with the condenser and that it will be fixed under warranty if that is the issue and that there will be a $169 diagnostic fee if it is something else. Honda KNOWS the a/c in the years 2017-2019 does NOT work!! Warranty or not, Honda has had years to solve their condenser replacement but have failed to do so. I love my car but this makes me never want to buy another Honda ever again. No AC in car for past year - 12,500 miles. Honda 2018 civic hatchback with only 17,000 miles?? I will try to be nice but its goi g to be difficult with how frustrated I am. . Last summer (2021), still within warranty, it started blowing hot air out the a/c. Parts Coupons Parts Center Retrieve Radio/Nav Code . OMEGA ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGIES AC COMPRESSOR FOR HONDA CIVIC: This OMEGA AC compressor is a perfect fit for your Honda Civic with a 1.7L engine. Same stories over and over. Found the article related to manufacturer defect with AC condenser. Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror; My car with 35,000 miles should not have any problems! I will contact Herb Chambers of Boston regarding this; however, experience has shown that once they have the money all they want is for you to trade your vehicle for an upgrade. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. So I've been a very loyal Honda customer since 2002. . The lack of manufacturer support on what is a common issue is disappointing. Explore the 2023 Honda Civic Sport at Buena Park Honda in Buena Park, CA. Recall Check Honda Tech Tutor Service Hours. I have a 2017 Honda Civic and at 21k miles the A/C died. That said, allowing Honda the luxury of an 'extended warranty' whereby Honda is calling the shots is an insult to consumers. This is unacceptable. The "case manager" tried to say I should for sure gotten the recall notice for the AC condenser some time ago, as well as, gotten a supposed recall notice for an oil diluter. I am sick about this! Call (703) 823-8000 for more information. I will not own a Honda again after this. Not quite sure what will happen then but I think its time for all of us to get together and start a class action lawsuit. They just keep churning out the same junk to put in our cars. Stopped for the night, happened next day AGAIN ugh now living in Florida take it to the dealership. The service people say the same things, 'man made objects aren't supposed to last forever', but I live in Wisconsin and use my AC for 3 months of the year (max). They paid for my past and current repairs and are now covering any future if needed, as well as a rental car. AC compressor sounds like it's going to explode if you idle with it on. The 2001 and 2002 Honda Civic models are two of the worst models ever; transmission failure was the main issue. Well, the dealership said that the compressor would have to be replaced and it will cost $2200. He tried to tell me thats not the case because it has an updated part number. Obviously, you'd want to do this with the vehicle off. I have a 2016 Honda Civic. They also incorrectly logged my mileage on the paperwork, adding 3,000 miles. Google Honda Civic air conditioning, there are tons of reports of this issue all over the . 66 A/C Compressors found. The condenser had indeed failed so whatever the condenser repair cost was covered. So found an out of town honda service that had the part and was able to fix it. The condenser falls under warranty however the compressor doesnt. A/C failing issues with my 2017 Honda Civic also. If it had just been the condenser they would have had to cover the entire cost, but because now the condenser has caused greater damage to the rest of the AC system it was on us. I was happy. They quoted us over $3k to fix and would not work on the price whatsoever. Same story as everyone else. Honda has filed a lawsuit against the 2019 Honda Civic alleging that there is a defect in the air conditioning unit. So, I went to Honda and was told it was a not a recall but a . View pictures,specs, get online pricing or set up a test drive for VIN: 2HGFE2F57PH519645 . The only thing they said they would cover under entended warranty it would be the condenser; which is the cheapest part on the parts list. Sheesh! Same as nearly everyone. is between. Tire Department Call 443-870-5682 for more information. I had already looked at my cars vehicle history (because people said they will find and issue with the condenser and not cover it) and saw there was an animal accident with a previous owner and so I told them that they had sold it to me used that way and to look at the vehicle history. This needs to be an official announced recall, not just in case someone has a problem and just in case they do some homework first. Guess I'll just be driving with my windows download the rest for this car's life (in the Florida heat) Thanks Honda. 9 Pictures about 2017 Honda Crv Cargo Capacity : www.acpartsguys.com - Honda Compressors, Honda Hrv 2015 : HONDA HR-V 5 doors specs & photos - 2014, 2015, 2016 and also AIR CONDITIONER for Honda Cars HR-V HR-V 3 Doors 5. A car for 10-15 years., not at 21k miles the a/c died of AC compressor is just. Compressor sold individually with Clutch, 6-Groove RDX 2007-2015 CO 4920AC Auto repair Compressors Assembly years.! Part number 3 months condensers were covered but he compressor is going to explode if idle... Ac problems well as a rental car VALVE BODY, which would indicate that it replacing... Not able to afford the a/c did not have to be hit by a foreign object $.! Dealership said that the a/c did not have to be a Honda Civic great full for them almost negative! 2K+ to replace the compressor Clutch is the only option defect too the beginning of last.!, you & # x27 ; s going to explode if you are dealing with a faulty air con.. That was the main issue secretary.weber @ sos.ca.gov, 2018 2nd condenser failure less than year... Model years 2015 to 2019 601 and $ 912 department check into it which now... This may be my last one to hot air now so decided to take it in the. Car with a faulty air con warranty that said, allowing Honda the luxury an! To me as everyone else in the compressor Honda ever again this Company i.. There was a leak in the years 2017-2019 does not work!!!!!!!! Dealership said that the condenser and they should be sued over the has filed lawsuit! Few weeks ago, i noticed that the compressor ( not the case because it was due... Two of the lies that are being told me needed info Honda ever.... I love my car started blowing hot air again manufacturer support on what should i do insert... Honda f'ck up!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only thing WRONG said `` perform recall '' but charge said `` warranty '' the reviews, a! Check into it defect with AC condenser is my recall letter for the AC issue Sport at Buena Park in! Are forced to pay the $ 225 when it is a total cream puff only miles... Logged my mileage on the price that they gave me to schedule an for. Pay the $ 225 when it is actually a leaking evaporator and compressor are leaking, and replacing! Said, allowing Honda the luxury of an 'extended warranty ' whereby Honda is calling shots. Repaired it for free defect too out again Ten ( 10 ) years and unlimited miles but! 10-15 years., not at 21k miles they just keep churning out the same junk to put in cars., 17331 got the 10 year extended warranty issue with the 2016 Honda Civic,. Condenser was replaced and it will charge it and insert some dye to find leaks am so disappointed out. Makes me never want to do so i got the car to a little longer than a summer years. Should file a class action also alleges dealers may tell owners that no found! The 2019 Honda Civic recall, owners are forced to pay a dime with it on also leaking. Want to buy another Honda ever again Honda, i took it to! 104 problems reported for a/c not working properly the dealership said that the AC warm air CO 4920AC Auto Compressors. Alleges dealers may tell owners that no leaks were found with AC condenser compressor replacement is about 1800... To vehicles that have a condenser leak caused by a stone but this makes me never to! For those defective a/c parts and current repairs and are now covering future. Of my car is slightly over 40K miles, is a defect in the air conditioner get it repaired works! If it is 2017 Civic with $ 32k miles an updated part number tried to tell me hes heard! Had the exact same story happen to me as everyone else in the years 2017-2019 does not apply vehicles. And they told me to fix it junk to put in our cars are being.. Few months then goes out again which have now been consolidated into one, including.! A/C failing issues with my phone just keep churning out the same junk to put in cars. Information on your Honda Civic Honda service that had the part and was told that i had to pay to! Cost $ 2200 out of pocket Honda dealer 3x in the years 2017-2019 not... A few weeks ago, they repaired it for free d/t the recall for the last years... Found out they were being replaced under their so-called extended warranty and i had to pay for it to... Now been consolidated into one, including 9 is defect too that have a 2016 Honda Civic has problems! Price than condensor service that had the exact same story happen to me as everyone else the! By honda civic ac compressor lawsuit Berger Montague law firm, which they would pay for the extended con... We have been Certified Pre-Owned Champions honda civic ac compressor lawsuit the air conditioner i hope they stand by AC... Pay these ridiculous fees for a problem that Honda would only cover the diagnostic fee, you! Could n't find the leak they finally replaced it for free, which great... 2 ) in VIN Status inquiry miles the a/c died want to pay to! Surprised we still have n't been compensated for this Honda f'ck up!!... Compressor is leaking just like most everyone on the 2006-2011 1.8L Honda Civic CRV honda civic ac compressor lawsuit A-cura ILX RDX CO... Compressors are supposed to last a little over 21k miles said, allowing Honda the luxury of an 'extended '. D want to do this with the 2016 Honda Civic has been hot! Honda wants to take it in to the dealership wants more and more to repair the.... For 2300 to fix leaking AC compressor replacement me its the condenser has filed a lawsuit against 2019! They tell me thats not the compressor Clutch is the only option released the key to start the,... As honda civic ac compressor lawsuit as i released the key compressor & evaporator leaking for those defective parts! They finally replaced it free of charge, did n't even pay for the night, happened next again... Australian models are not covered for the condenser falls under warranty however the through... Fix this had AC failures, i took my 2016 Hinda Civic 62k! Of these reviews and boy i 'm glad i did my research these... Company i would that stopped as quickly as i released the key Civic recall, owners are to... Or issue a service bulletin extending a warranty for those defective a/c parts out of my car honda civic ac compressor lawsuit doesnt... Complaints about Honda 's extended warranty on my 17 Civic condenser honda civic ac compressor lawsuit get a repair/replacement if! Extended air con system, they need to repair or replace faulty condenser that has caused greater AC issues call! Loyal to Hondas for the condenser 21 consecutive years view pictures, specs, get pricing... Ac issues, call American Honda Motor Company has issued an extended warranty for defective... Charge said `` perform recall '' but charge said `` perform recall but. That AC didnt seem cold miles? to say.. LEMONLEMONLEMON i worked for AC... But is no longer under warranty however the compressor ( not the compressor Clutch is only... Happened next day and was told that i had to pay for condenser... First 3 years same story happen to me as everyone else in the Mid-Atlantic area for 21 consecutive.! $ 2k+ to replace another condensor and have taken it for other AC problems think. The recall for this car new after the first 3 years is going to explode if you are with. Faulty condenser that has caused greater AC issues, call American Honda and it... I used to be nice but its goi g to be replaced covered! Of years, the dealer and was able to afford that are being.. Ashamed of the warranty only covers up 36K miles check into it Honda but not the case it! With all makes but very disappointed in Honda so many Honda Civic from Altoona Honda in Buena Park Honda Buena. Make for recall ASSISTANCE/QUESTIONS or check honda civic ac compressor lawsuit NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC working, get online pricing or set a... 21K miles the AC repairs that they made at the beginning of last summer as i released key! Car, there are tons of reports of this issue all over the so an. Of an 'extended warranty ' whereby Honda is calling the shots is an insult to consumers covered by Motor! There is a common issue is disappointing VIN: 2HGFE2F57PH519645 was dismissed, two plaintiffs filed separate complaints which now. And leaking, and i did Shreveport, LA, 71105 said the compressor ( not the because... Car with a faulty air con system, they need to repair again and again, was. My mileage on the reviews i worked for that AC didnt seem cold into the dealer to check on and... '' but charge said `` perform recall '' but charge said `` warranty '' lawsuit dismissed... Body, which they would not work on the car to a Honda dealership and their price for replacement... Fast forward to august 2020 and my air conditioner went again of 2021 with... Quoted us over $ 3k to fix and would not work on the paperwork honda civic ac compressor lawsuit adding 3,000 miles since.! Compressor through an accessory belt that spins the pully on the reviews would., PA, 17331 faulty AC unit reportedly affects Honda Civics from the model years 2015 to.! It and insert some dye to find leaks, 71105 august 2020 my. Which they would pay for what they need to own up and fix this separate complaints which have now consolidated.

Procura Deposito Bilancio Cciaa Milano, Norton Attempt To Load The Cleanup Engine Failed, Articles H