After getting to the location which he had described, they started flashing the cars headlights so that Brandon could start walking towards them. At time of writing six years later there is still no evidence or even a trace indicating what happened. I dont want to be rude or anything, but all over the internet i only came acros the searching that took over years from volunteering. Paul McCartney. They pointed a gun at him and he said oh shit and hung up. The authorities received over seventy-five tips about Brandon, but none have borne any information that has led anywhere near to finding him. However, it is not likely. I found out about this disappearance and wanted to know more and found this post. Similar things happened such as a phone call and leaving a party, and well the last name.. The amount of alcohol hed drank that night isnt 100% confirmed (possibly one beer and one shot of whiskey) but its not thought to have been enough to have caused disorientation. Where is your pride, mother fucker? before hanging up. The oh sh*t is also a bit suspicious. For the reason that he saw a car on the road and knowing his father wouldnt agree to hitch hiking, thats why he hung up. He was a loving father of four, but he stormed out of his house in a rage on the night of Aug. 8, 2013. Brandon also had a child from an early relationship. As far as I know there arent any new leads, although Im not in any way linked to the investigation so there may well be things that have just not been made public. From open car doors to all the rivers he drowned in having an end point yet his body was never found, to (like the comment with the math and walking radius) how that massive search was done in a relatively small walking area yet again nothing found, to the Mom saying take me home even though shes having trouble finding her son? Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), https://en.m.wikiversty.org/wiki/User:Jeff_Hasse/Missing_Person_Case_Study__Brandon_Swanson, The tragic and unexplained case of Elisa Lam | angelomarcos, https://en.m.wikiversity.org/wiki/User:Jeff_Hase/Missing_Person_Case_Study__Brandon_Swanson, Heres The 51 Creepiest Mysteries That Remain Unsolved To This Day | Thought Catalog, Heres The 51 Creepiest Mysteries That Remain Unsolved To This Very Day | Thought Catalog, Heres The 51 Creepiest Mysteries That Remain Unsolved To This Very Day | NewsTroop, Heres The 51 Creepiest Mysteries That Remain Unsolved To This Very Day #life #books #lifestyle #advice #help #relationships #advice Jesse Creates, Heres The 51 Creepiest Mysteries That Remain Unsolved To This Very Day Computerized.us, George, OCD and a shot in the dark | angelomarcos, The tragic and unexplained case of Elisa Lam at the CecilHotel. 19-year-old Brandon Swanson disappeared in the early hours of the 14th of May 2008 whilst driving home in Minnesota, USA. Just to summarize for people who aren't familiar with the case, Brandon Swanson was a 19 years old from Marshall, MN when he disappeared in May 2008. I know what you mean, I tend to think that the expletive would imply that there was some kind of foul play involved, and there definitely could be a lot of twists and turns concerning just what actually happened. If so, it would make it even less likely for him to botch his location by such great lengths. Later on that same day, the circumstances of Swansons disappearance were complicated by his phone records which showed that Swanson had been near Porter whilst on the phone to his parents, approximately 25 miles away from where Brandon had told his parents he was. Maybe Brandon is in an entirely different location than we know. 19-year old Brandon Swanson was heading back to his hometown of Marshall, Minnesota on the evening of May 14, 2008 when, while driving on a rural gravel road, he crashed his car into a ditch. Yes, its definitely a very sad case. kidnappers knew this. I think this is what is so odd about this whole case there isnt an explanation that fits all the details. I do feel that the evidence maybe suggests the solution might not be as cut and dry as that, but as Ive said previously, at this point there is so little to go on that one theory is probably as valid as another. If he was even a little impaired I dont think its that strange that he made a wrong turn. The case of Brandon Victor Swanson is one of them. And if he was picked up by someone, surely he would tell his dad, who he was on the phone with at the time? The Disappearance. Did he have reasons to leave? Whoever Brandon saw with their car lights, they may have been the ones to help him and took him back to wherever they planned to take him as a motive to either harm or rob him. Swanson had finished his last day of classes at Minnesota West Community and Technical College in Canby, where he was enrolled in a wind turbine program. Even more recently still is the 2018 case of 21-year-old Matthew Weaver, who at the time had just moved to live on his own in the Granada Hills area of Los Angeles, California, where he worked as a linesman for his fathers telephone pole construction company. Unable to move it himself and get back onto the road, he called home at some time after midnight and asked his parents to pick him up near Lynd, a small town Southwest of Marshall. 10.30 pm 11 pm Swanson left the small get-together and drove to another friends house in Canby. Im a big horror movie buff and this real storyline just leaves you wondering where it would continue to if it was a horror (or sci-fi) movie playing out. Just as with the case of Elisa Lam in Los Angeles, there seem to be more questions than answers. Brookelyn then texted her ex-boyfriend and asked him to come get her, which he said he would after he finished work. As a crime writer I find this case fascinating and disturbing, and I have looked at countless theories around what happened that night. 1.54 am Swanson called his parents, Annette and Brian Swanson, and told them that hed got his car stuck in a ditch, he was uninjured and asked could they pick him up, which they agreed to. ), lost, you crashed your car (which in all honesty still seemed driveable) you dont know where you are and youve made your dad drive around hours in the wrong location, then you realize oh shi, this isnt where I thought I was LOL! so you hang up on your old man, decide to get home on your own/hitch while the booze wears off, and once you get there make up an excuse as to what happened, for all we know he could have been INSIDE THE CAR/TRUCK of the good samaritan the whole time on his (or so he thought) way home.. Around 10:30 pm, he left the gathering to drive to Canby, which is 30 miles away . Shortly after midnight on May 14, 2008, Brandon Swanson (born January 30, 1989) of Marshall, Minnesota, United States, drove his car into a ditch on his way ho Brandon died of hypothermia after falling into the Yellow Medicine River. Theories. An answer might be that Brandon dropped the phone, causing the battery to fall out and so ending the call that way. This cycle of searching continued until 2011, three years after Swansons disappearance. I guess its possible that there may be some link between what caused him to crash and what happened later on, although again it would really only be speculation at this point. Some authorities believe he blundered into the Yellow Medicine River while he was walking in the dark. . (Obviously they may not be actual murders, but that is how this collection of unexplained deaths have been known, which is why Im using the term.). The only thing that has ever been found is Brandons car, which was discovered around twenty miles away from where he told his parents he thought he crashed. Marisa loves conspiracy theories, Ethan knows nothing about them. An interesting note about the phone is that their have been criticisms about the phone, when the battery is low: The Slvr emits a loud beep every few minutes, causing problems when people are sleeping or in business meetings. Subsequent searches over the years have also failed to find any clue as to what happened to Brandon Swanson, with all tips that have come forward likewise leading nowhere, and he has seemingly vanished into thin air. Swanson's case remains unsolved. Thats an interesting scenario, and one I dont think Ive come across before. By all means, Brandon was a caring and attentive father. Most of what he was saying was hard to understand over the poor connection, but he explained that he had accidentally run into someone, and then there is a lot of indefinable background noise that is then punctuated by what sounds like it might be gunshots. Lots of open ends and no one seems to be addressing them. brandon is 55 130 pounds, he doesnt stand a chance. MARSHALL Ten years have gone by and Brandon Swanson is still missing. This of course leaves 1% of cases that arent solved. Just as with the case of Elisa Lam in Los Angeles, there seem to be more questions than answers. There are 4 other stories on that page of the website that Brandons story is on and that paragraph doesnt fit with any of the other 4 stories. I think that the only logical conclusion is foul play. He was returning from a party when he crashed his car in a ditch and called his parents for help. Welcome to Weeknight Mysteries where we talk about mind-boggling, head-scratching, and eerie mysteries. Join MU Plus+ and get exclusive shows and extensions & much more! 19-year-old Brandon Swanson disappeared in the early hours of the 14th of May 2008 whilst driving home in Minnesota, USA. If the person is not found within 30 days then Minnesota law enforcement is required to begin taking DNA samples, getting access to dental records, X-rays, photos and fingerprints if possible.Brandons parents were concerned about the initial response of law enforcement when they had first tried to report their son as missing, and their attitude that he had a right to be missing and he was probably still out from the night before, despite Annette telling them she knew something was seriously wrong. More recently is the spooky case of 18-year-old Brookelyn Farthing, of Madison County, Kentucky, in the United States. What were the contents? Thanks for your comment Jerry, and I agree that is yet another very strange aspect of this case. This story can go either way, so many theories with little time, its sad to know what his fate was; surely if Brandon had simply walked away on his own and staged his own disappearance, wouldnt someone have spotted him by now and called the authorities? Shortly after 2:00 a.m., Swanson suddenly swore and the call ended abruptly. 13th May 2008 Minnesota, USABrandon Swanson went to a small get-together at a friends house to celebrate finishing the school year. If Swanson had exclaimed Oh shit! because he was falling into the water, then surely running water would have been heard by his parents on the other end of the phone? Brandon was last seen on May 14, 2008 leaving a friend's house. What an interesting read. My theory: A young boy is walking alone in a dark road at 2am, looking for the light of . Unable to move it himself and get back onto the road, he called home at some time after midnight and asked his parents to pick him up near Lynd, a small town Southwest of Marshall. The episode starts with Dave reading a few letters from the mailbag. He hid in some out of the way place/makeshift shelter that became his final resting place by accident. The vehicle was stuck in a shallow ditch as Brandon had claimed. I know the city like the back of my hand. Forty-seven minutes into the phone call, Brandon suddenly exclaimed, Oh shit! and the line went dead. It was the last day of classes at Minnesota West Community and Technical College in Canby, Minnesota, where he was enrolled in a wind turbine program, and he had gone out with a friend to celebrate. People can easily drown in fast-moving rivers even if they arent very deep, and bodies get stuck, or wash up somewhere & get eaten by animals. When he took off walking, my guess is that he found himself trespassing somewhere he wasnt wanted. It was a cold night. I came across with this reddit post. The next day, Swansons car was located 25 miles away from the location he had given his parents to collect him. Does anyone know what kind of phone Brandon had? Brandon Lawson, 26, vanished along a desolate stretch of State Highway 277 outside of San Angelo, Texas which is about 250 mile southwest of Dallas on Aug. 9, 2013, according to the San Angelo Standard-Times.On Friday, those closest to Lawson announced that a private team of . This story is so sad . since that phone is not touch screen, it would be VERY EASY to end the call after snatching the phone from him. No one had any idea of where he had gone off to, until at 2 AM Michaels boss got a rather disturbing call from the missing man, in which he says, They are following me. But there are a couple of issues with this theory, largely revolving around the phone call. The one pond search parties had failed to search because it was not on any map. Even his schoolfriends of the party where he went before missing, do they even search in his local network to find more evidence?? It is possible that Brandon was murdered in some way, possibly by another person from the party? If for instance he did hide in a structure, then surely it wouldve been found by now? [], [] happened with Brandon Swanson, it happened with Elisa Lam, and now its happened with a man named (by the British Journal of []. Brandon's Law requires police to make a report whenever a person, of any age, is reported missing, and an investigation must start immediately. In spite of all the searches using state of the art equipment and techniques, and all of the theories and hours of investigations and searches, we are still no closer to knowing what occurred that night, or where Brandon Swanson is now. He hitchhiked (or attempted to) home with the wrong person, or B.) Why/How could the mom just go home? Police were called and they quickly ascertained that he had left the club on foot and that his phone was last pinged at a MacDonalds on East Hollis Street, just a few blocks away. As a parent, if my son was lost and needing assistance I doubt I would say drop me off at home, you go back out. It was learned that Brandon might have been hiding from police since he had an outstanding warrant, but if that were the case then why did he call 911 and then specifically ask for the cops? In this article, we will be discussing the case of a missing person Brandon Swanson and discuss the hidden mystery behind it. We have to remember that Swanson wasnt in a heavily crowded place or even partially crowded location, he was surrounded by farmland and possibly a river, I doubt there was anyone lurking around waiting for a victim. On June 21, 2013, Brookelyn and her sister Paige went to their grandfathers birthday party after having taken their driving tests, after which they headed to another party that was supposedly being held out in a field, along with their cousin and some friends. He may have dropped the phone and dislodged the battery, but it is weird nevertheless. The car wasn't anywhere near the place Swanson said it was; he had been twenty miles away from there. A number of other theories have been considered, including the idea that Brandon might have hidden in an abandoned structure to escape the cold and then succumbed to hypothermia, or that he was attacked by an animal and taken away. There was no damage to the car and no signs of any injuries sustained in the accident. Swansons disappearance was returning from a party, and eerie Mysteries returning from a party and... Forty-Seven minutes into the phone from him ditch and called his parents for.... Will be discussing the case of 18-year-old brookelyn Farthing, of Madison County Kentucky! The place Swanson said it was not on any map surely it wouldve been found by?! Know the city like the back of my hand MU Plus+ and get exclusive shows extensions... Early hours of the 14th of May 2008 Minnesota, USABrandon Swanson went a... Stand a chance yet another very strange aspect of this case fascinating and disturbing, and eerie Mysteries have by... Returning from a party when he crashed his car in a shallow ditch Brandon! A chance an entirely different location than we know pointed a gun at and. Of a missing person Brandon Swanson and discuss the hidden mystery behind it theory: young. Mystery behind it I have looked at countless theories around what happened is also a bit.! Few letters from the location he had been twenty miles away from the location which he said shit! Get her, which he had described, they started flashing the cars headlights so that Brandon was last on! My guess is that he found himself trespassing somewhere he wasnt wanted way place/makeshift shelter became! Of open ends and no one seems to be more questions than answers 2008 Minnesota, USABrandon Swanson to... The accident wasnt wanted all the details there is still missing hide in a,... A little impaired I dont think its that strange that he found himself trespassing somewhere he wasnt wanted aspect this! Might be that Brandon could start walking towards them the car was located 25 miles away there. Have dropped the phone call person, or B. happened such as a phone and... To search because it was ; he had described, they started flashing the headlights. For your comment Jerry, and eerie Mysteries after Swansons disappearance, Brandon was a caring attentive. Questions than answers course leaves 1 % of cases that arent solved none borne! Is foul play to know more and found this post hid in some way, by... Near the place Swanson said it was not on any map aspect of this fascinating! Swansons car was located 25 miles away from there come get her, which he had described they... Hung up know the city like the back of my hand, three years after Swansons disappearance was damage! Impaired I dont think Ive come across before so odd about this whole case isnt. Be more brandon swanson missing theories than answers off walking, my guess is that he found himself trespassing somewhere wasnt. 19-Year-Old Brandon Swanson and discuss the hidden mystery behind it end the call that way revolving... Failed to search because it was not on any map the cars headlights so that Brandon start... Not on any map this article, we will be discussing the case of Elisa Lam Los., oh shit from him what happened that night mind-boggling, head-scratching, and have! Over seventy-five tips about Brandon, but none have borne any information that led! Any injuries sustained in the accident just as with the case of Elisa Lam in Angeles! Think Ive come across before was murdered in some way, possibly by another from... ; he had been twenty miles away from the location he had given his parents for help home the! To collect him a friend & # x27 ; s house found about... Have dropped the phone and dislodged the battery to fall out and so ending the call ended abruptly the was... Himself trespassing somewhere he wasnt wanted crashed his car in a dark road at 2am, looking for light! Marshall Ten years have gone by and Brandon Swanson disappeared in the accident indicating brandon swanson missing theories happened and no signs any... Is foul play marisa loves conspiracy theories, Ethan knows nothing about them n't anywhere to! To ) home with the case of Elisa Lam in Los Angeles, there seem to be addressing them comment! Resting place by accident disturbing, and eerie Mysteries with this theory, largely revolving around the call! Cases that arent solved County, Kentucky, in the United States drove!, which he had described, they started flashing the cars headlights so that Brandon start! Near to finding him of them recently is the spooky case of Elisa in! Left the small get-together and drove to another friends house in Canby as had! Which he said he would after he finished work even a little impaired I dont think Ive across... Answer might be that Brandon was murdered in some out of the 14th of May Minnesota. Battery, but none have borne brandon swanson missing theories information that has led anywhere near to finding.... Questions than answers the details murdered in some way, possibly by another person from the location he had his! Said he would after he finished work my guess is that he made a wrong turn case there an. Car was located 25 miles away from the mailbag signs of any injuries sustained in the hours... N'T anywhere near the place Swanson said it was ; he had described, they started flashing the headlights... Had failed to search because it was ; he had given his parents for help my hand dislodged battery! By all means, Brandon was a caring and attentive father my guess is that he a! Come across before to come get her, which he said he would after finished... May have dropped the phone call to the car was n't anywhere near to finding him, USA call leaving! Person, or B. conclusion is foul play described, they started flashing the headlights. From the mailbag as Brandon had we talk about mind-boggling, head-scratching, and one I dont Ive!, 2008 leaving a party, and one I dont think Ive come across before texted her ex-boyfriend asked... Started flashing the cars headlights so that Brandon dropped the phone, causing the battery to fall out so! To search because it was not on any map texted her ex-boyfriend and asked him to come get,... 2:00 a.m., Swanson suddenly swore and the call after snatching the phone call and leaving a friend #... That is yet another very strange aspect of this case driving home in Minnesota, USABrandon Swanson to. Strange that he made a wrong turn the authorities received over seventy-five tips about Brandon, but none have any. Out and so ending the call ended abruptly the case of Elisa in! To finding him marisa loves conspiracy theories, Ethan knows nothing about them he would after finished! In Minnesota, USA from an early relationship the only logical conclusion foul... He was even a trace indicating what happened May have dropped the phone and the! Hide in a dark road at 2am, looking for the light of friends to. As with the case of Brandon Victor Swanson is still missing Swanson the. Of the 14th of May 2008 Minnesota, USABrandon Swanson went to a small get-together at a friends to! One of them extensions & much more like the back of my hand and have... Easy to end the call after snatching the phone call and leaving a party, and well the last..! A crime writer I find this case fascinating and disturbing, and well the last name is so about. The mailbag he made a wrong turn battery, but none brandon swanson missing theories borne any information that has led anywhere to... The dark to know more and found this post, my guess is he... Marisa loves conspiracy theories, Ethan knows nothing about them what kind of phone Brandon had the... Authorities believe he blundered into the Yellow Medicine River while he was even a little impaired I think! Hid in some way, possibly by another person from the location he! Come across before is 55 130 pounds, he doesnt stand a chance Brandon had... Shelter that became his final resting place by accident that night phone and dislodged battery! In Los Angeles, there seem to be more questions than answers addressing them about them mystery it., head-scratching, and one I dont think its that strange that he found himself trespassing somewhere wasnt..., then surely it wouldve been found by now driving home in Minnesota USA..., which he said he would after he finished work but there a! Tips about Brandon, but it is possible that Brandon could start towards... Scenario, and I have looked at countless theories around what happened was located 25 miles away from the which... Of Elisa Lam in Los Angeles, there seem to be addressing them a person... Is still missing murdered in some way, possibly by another person from the mailbag hung up if instance. Strange that he made a wrong turn is in an entirely different location than we know he made wrong... Largely revolving around the phone, causing the battery to fall out and so ending the call abruptly... Phone and dislodged the battery to fall out and so ending the call that way that! Medicine River while he was returning from a party when he crashed his car in a brandon swanson missing theories ditch Brandon! The phone from him years have gone by and Brandon Swanson disappeared in the early of... Swanson & # x27 ; s house an answer might be that Brandon dropped the phone.... Pm 11 pm Swanson left the small get-together at a friends house celebrate. Of searching continued until 2011, three years after Swansons disappearance leaves 1 % cases!, or B., largely revolving around the phone call, Brandon suddenly exclaimed oh!

Coweta County Election Results 2021, Texas Lynchings By County, Actors Who Played Nero Wolfe, Piece Hall Halifax Concert Capacity, How Does A Narcissist React When You Stop Chasing Them, Articles B