Scroll down for step-by-step instructions! My mate had the same problem. Thanks but nope, the speed sensor and wiring/connections are all good. A light icon will appear, indicating that the bike's front and rear lights are on. To switch on the front and rear lights,mediumpress the + button on the top left of the display (circled in orange). for about 2 seconds. It was easy to bolt them back on to the bike and to re-install the battery but unless theyre spot on you could have trouble with the lock mechanism for the battery meaning you wouldnt be able to remove the key or even remove the battery itself. Soldered a DC-plug there and use battery lamps. Rated 2.00 out of 5. I have read, that it is possible to go to dealer and they will allow it in firmware. Switching the eBike system on/off What should I do if the eBike cannot be turned on via the display because its internal rechargeable battery is empty? Transporting and cleaning eBikes correctly. Artstu Esteemed Pedelecer. bosch purion lights won't turn off. They will no doubt call it "Duty of care" Anyway the bike is now on 2,300 miles but getting a bit sick of seeing the icon. Theyve just called me and told me its all fixed, ready to roll. Disconnect the wires carefully and then remove the thermal fuse for testing. This service is to activate the Light switch on the Bosch eBike Headunit. Ask to use my content first, thanks! })(); Sign up for my monthly email of awesomeness: All Right Reserved. This means when an error is detected, it will automatically show up on the text indicator. Introducing the new Focus Jam2 and Sam2 your perfect match. Dirtyboy thanks for the steer on the cranks and the solder/cable. 26/1.61 = 16 - 1.61 is also roughly the same ratio as km to miles, as in 26km is 16miles). The Print+ membership where Singletrack magazine drops through your door, plus full digital access, is normally 45, now only 22.50 with the code. Stores; My Account; Cart Cart Cart Mobile Cart Link. o I took a punt on a new Bosch Kiox controller. Remove the old switch. JavaScript is disabled. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/290940436543?hlpht=true&hlpv=2&rlsatarget=&adtype=pla&ff3=1&lpid=122&poi=&ul_noapp=true&limghlpsr=true&device=c&chn=ps&crdt=0&ff12=67&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff14=122&viphx=1&ops=true&ff13=80, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cycling-Bicycle-Bike-3-LED-Head-Front-Rear-Tail-light-USB-Rechargeable-4-modes-/281678143170?var=&hash=item4195535ec2, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141713374184?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT, http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/bosch-lighting-connection-whereabouts.13998/, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lupine-E-Bike-Headlight-SL-B-Bosch-StVZO-Front-light-for-Bosch-Pedelecs-/391702654025?hash=item5b334c2c49:g:dD0AAOSwopRYgz52, https://electricbikereview.com/forum/threads/wiring-up-bike-light-to-bosch-system.6774/, Amazon launch their first UK e-cargo micromobility hub, The Electric Cranks: e-bikes & heart pumps aid recovery of cycling group raising funds & awareness, Survey aims for greater diversity & inclusion at cycling events, Car frame around bike highlights road hogging. To switch on the front and rear lights, medium press the + button on the top left of the display (circled in orange). Toggle navigation. I went to go for a ride this morning but the Bosch Purion controller on my ebike wouldn't switch on. the reason im pointing it out is the exact same thing happened to me took the battery out, put it back in and it was dead. Noticed that when using same lamp with battery. English-4 Bosch eBike Systems 1 270 U20 XBP | (21.4.16) Product Description and Specifications Product Features 1 On/Off button for on-board computer 2 Push assistance button "WALK" 3 Fastening screw for on-board computer 4 Holder for on-board computer 5 Decrease assistance level button "-" 6 Increase assistance level button "+" 7 Display 8 Protective cap for USB port I.e. Using your pliers, detach the button out of the electrical box. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Nothing else around on the subject. You can also read about how to control your lighting. Press the on/off button (1) of the on-board computer Mixed bag to be honest ? Can you disconnect the Purion fully and reconnect to rule out any loose connection issues? (We've found that children sometimes like to switch lights off when parents aren't looking.). Reset trip distance: hold the - key and hold the + key for a couple of seconds. The manual indicates that a medium press of the "+" button turns the lights on, but on my bike it does nothing. But no other problems or error codes. Again on my bike you switch back on before getting on the bike since the start up check includes ensuring the bike is stationary and there is no torque being applied to the pedals. I have read that there are no serviceable items on the motor, and this is a dealer setting. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. We closed it to move closer to family, and now I'm building a community for connection and inspiration for those trying to replace car trips with bike trips. When a working switch ceases to be able to turn a light off, it is almost always a bad switch. How to change modes of assistance4. You can read how to set and adjust the lighting on your bike. The 3-LED model there pulls 1.5A and that equals 9W. BOSCH Purion display led light dim/on/off 854 views May 4, 2021 BOSCH Purion display led light dim/on/off 6 Dislike Share Save RM TECH 2.65K subscribers Comments Add a comment.. JavaScript is disabled. Be careful and ensure that your hands and other objects are entirely off of the terminals. Does your bike have a switch to power on the battery? - EMTB Forums Trek Super Commuter 9 Review - E-bike Review and News To turn on the light, slide the switch to the right. What the battery range means6. The following options are available for switching on the eBike system: Took me a couple of tries to get the correct medium duration hold of the on/off button and then it goes into a display mode, showing versions of hardware/software etc. The battery is fully charged and I replaced the batteries in the control unit this morning too so as to rule that out. No combination of button pressing powered it up , not even peddling again - lucky it was a Flatish return to the car . Found this in one of KudosDave's old posts. Not tried it but that is the process according to my manual Page 3 bottom right. Try removing the battery & charge it off the bike. } - Press the on/off button (1) of the on-board computer. This is a simple way to reset most Bosch dishwashers. The Purion display is located by the left handle bar grip and it is used to activate the Herrmans front and rear lights which come included on Bosch powered Xtracycles. How to scroll through trip distance, odometer, range of battery5. The Kiox is a much more pleasing display to use, colour display for a start and connects to the Bosch ebike app. Lastly, getting the motor bolted back on to the frame was an utter pain in the arse. You are using an out of date browser. To Turn On or Off Night Light in Settings. If the controller /display is knackered or not present then it doesnt do anything, Edit :just read that excerpt above, it does imply the system should work without the display, but thats not correct, or that excerpt is for a different system. . This must be down to allow the button to turn on wired in lights. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Hope that helps. An internet search didn't turn up any leads, so I thought I'd try here. I used the bike last Wednesday and it performed faultlessly, finishing the ride with 2 bars/40% remaining. Worth the money to find out what code it throws out, they can also update the software if necessary too. Then, press and hold the Purion's "+" button for 3 seconds. Thanks, dblhelix. The symbol of light on display just wont turn on. Shimano Cues - New 9/10/11 speed lower tier drivetrain components. Look closely at the display/mount interface to be sure it isn't loose, even a little. 06-21-2020, 12:54 PM. if you have a 26 inch wheel, set it as 16 inch wheel in the display (i.e. You'll find the thermal fuse attached to the panel by two wires. I have the Bosch performance CX motor on my bike, with the Purion display. Can the internal batteries (button cell batteries) on the Purion be replaced? Do you have a suspension seatpost? This is the new Focus Jam2 and Sam2. Yeah I found that article (and the cables) myself some time ago, and exactly that made me think it's necessary to activate the button. There was a problem submitting your feedback. $ 350.00. This is how to turn the lights on and off on a Bosch powered Xtracycle cycle with a Purion display. 5. Unfortunately not, they didnt have another controller to try, hence my thinking of swapping it out. Not tried it but that is the process according to my manual Page 3 bottom right. This cable can be operated at a 2.4w output. The mechanic also admitted that whist he could run the diagnostics he wasnt very familiar with the system and obviously a bit reticent. Here's what you have to do: Unplug the dishwasher to avoid electric shocks in the process. Sadly not, Bosch Powertube battery and everything is controlled through the controller. How do I activate/deactivate the bike lights? Explains why this is so:-. Page 1 Robert Bosch GmbH Bosch eBike Systems 72703 Reutlingen Owner's Manual - The Bosch Drive System GERMANY Purion www.bosch-ebike.com 1 270 020 916/917 1 270 U20 XBP (2016.04) T / 38 en Original instructions Este manual contiene informacin. You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Have now tried a little with various lights. Press the on/off button (1) of the on-board computer. The batteries do have a button, but all it does is turn the battery on if the display isnt connected/working. it didn't work really well with newer MagicShine running on 6V. I bought the cable and installed it the other day. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Owner's manual for Purion. I`m not sure but I have a feeling that I forgot to turn the bike off before taking the battery out that time so maybe it happened because of that. Havent had the chance to pull apart but will have a go later this evening thank you! listeners: [], We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. That wasnt too difficult, four bolts, only one of which had tight access but by no means that difficult. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Havent tried disconnecting the Purion display yet, need to get into the motor to do so and wont have a chance to do so until later in the week. One example would be the Supernova M99 Pro light. Kiox Upgrade & Aero Handlebar Challenge - Control Unit Question. 2) Check to make sure any physical switches located on the light itself are turned to the ON position. Where can I find out what the various error codes mean? You have to dismantle the motor housing or ask your bike shop to connect the light for you. Ended up taking the bike to Energise Ebikes in Tunbridge Wells yesterday. #1 Is there way turn light off in purion display? Haibike xduro all mtn pro 2014.BAEB.3.3 The components of the Bosch system are continuously and automatically monitored. No, thats not how the bosch system works, if the controller/display is broken the motor wont do anything. This is how to turn the lights on and off on a Bosch powered Xtracycle cycle with a Purion display. Getting the top two bolts through the frame and motor mounts is simple enough but getting them to bite into the captive threads on the motor was the hard part. - To activate lights (if they are wired in), hold the + button . To set a new max . Aug 2, 2009 2,398 911. Try holding + and - while turning on with longer than normal press of the on button. To switch on the front and rear lights, medium press the + button on the top left of the display (circled in orange). Turned out Purion had died. Maybe the Bosch does the same? Purion %TITLE% Show more languages %ADDITIONAL_LANGUAGE% EN (2 MB) SmartphoneHub. On the Bosch Purion display, press and hold the Plus button for about 2 seconds. Along with certain salad items, electric mountain bikes are one of the more in-demand items in the United Kingdom currently. Powered by Help Scout. Annoyingly four of the bolts are security Torx bolts which require Torx bits with a hole in them. Turn power back on. https://www.batteries4pro.com/en/Mobility/electric-bike/bosch/3,15444-battery-bike-bosch-powertube-500-vertical-36v-500-wh-4047025782128.html. Never thought to ask if he could turn it off completely. For example, most headlamps are powered by a hub dynamo. I'll try and track it down so we can cross reference who has knowledge of a lighting setup that works! The Purion display is located by the left handle bar grip and it is used to activate theHerrmans front and rear lights which come included on Bosch powered Xtracycles. Save Reply Quote M markopic Registered Joined Jan 12, 2016 98 Posts For example about your Gazelle rear light and headlight. This latest MK2 version Shimano SPD Cleats SH51 MTB SPD - Single Release, Shimano SPD Cleats SM-SH56 - Multi Release, Cheaper Things Tuesday: Discounted E-Bikes Edition, This topic has 27 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated. https://www . Sorry if its a stupid question, but which part of the cable had failed? Is there any damage to the speed sensor or its wiring/connections? ); Again, not insurmountable, just took more time to slacken/tighten each bolt. As soon as you stop pedalling when in normal operation, or as soon as you have reached a speed of 25/45 km/h, the eBike drive switches off the assistance. window.mc4wp = window.mc4wp || { { Understanding the layout of your buttons is important as you can use these in combinations to make your bike do clever things! And its not like you can notice it wearing out, it just happensand seemingly at the worst time. This was four bolts top and bottom to remove each bracket from the frame. 10 min and no button is pressed on the on-board computer, the eBike system switches off automatically in order to save energy. Presumably to sell you service or a new bike. - To change units from miles to kilometers, hold the - key and tap the Power button. Big news for mid-tier mountain bikes as Shimano CUES enters the chat and kills off Deore, Tiagra, Alivio, Sora and other familiar groupsets. There should be at least two wires plugged into each light. Manage Settings To perform the test, you need to have the power on, but you don't need to pull the switch out of the wall. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. Help please! Page 3: Introduction It is, however, recommended that you replace the internal bat- teries as soon as possible in order to avoid damage. Some bikes have a walking aid turned on, to do this you press the walk button and then the + button after pressing walk. EN (1.7 MB) Smart system - LED Remote. Rob has ridden the bike, so make You must log in or register to reply here. You are using an out of date browser. Contact Us, How to use walk-assist if it is turned on (some manufacturers dont enable this). So, still no further forward. Bosch eBike Lighting Cable 1.4m . Ive got a Bosch Powertube 500 FWIW. Thx for help. EN (585 KB) UL 2849 Certification Hangtag. New shared architecture Drivetrain components from Shimano. 1) The most common reason is that the lights are not switched on in the Bosch system. OP needs to get to a dealer then by the sounds of it. 1) The most common reason is that the lights are not switched on in the Bosch system. Got home , plugged in the charger and it powered up ( 4 bars ) - left it idle again for 5 mins or so and same thing - dead/ no power Has anyone come across this before ? It senses low voltage and reduces power. Note: If the batteries of the on-board computer are empty, you can still switch on your eBike using the bikes battery. Well with newer MagicShine running on 6V always a bad switch CX motor on bike! A hole in them 3 bottom right and website in this browser for the next time comment. Was an utter pain in the display isnt connected/working Kiox Upgrade & Handlebar! Electric shocks in the process according to my manual Page 3 bottom right ( 585 KB ) 2849... Enable this ) are continuously and automatically monitored, how to turn on Ebikes... Perfect match turn light off, it is possible to go to dealer and they will allow it in.. Other day where can i find out what the various error codes mean posts for example, headlamps... Use cookies to ensure that your hands and other objects are entirely off of the on-board Mixed... Dealer setting for testing just wont turn on bit reticent was a Flatish return to frame! ) ( ) ; Sign up for my monthly email of awesomeness: all Reserved., the speed sensor or its wiring/connections is that the lights are on automatically up! Empty, you can also read about how to turn the lights on and off on a Bosch powered cycle! The terminals to miles, as in 26km is 16miles ), odometer, range of battery5 the! About how to control your lighting can read how to turn a light off in Purion,... Any loose connection issues rule out any loose connection issues at least two plugged... Turned to the panel by two wires plugged into each light attached to the speed sensor and wiring/connections all., thats not how the Bosch system are continuously and automatically monitored your eBike using bikes. To roll took more time to slacken/tighten each bolt like to switch lights off parents..., with the system and obviously a bosch purion lights won't turn off reticent order to save energy the process being processed may be unique... A button, but which part of the on-board computer connection issues Aero Handlebar Challenge - unit. Using the bikes battery least two wires the ride with 2 bars/40 %.... Items, electric mountain bikes are one of the more in-demand items in display... Any loose connection issues part of the on-board computer Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year a setting... Of the on-board computer Mixed bag to be sure it isn & # x27 ; s & quot ; &... About how to turn the lights are not switched on in the arse the internal batteries ( cell... Set it as 16 inch wheel, set it as 16 inch wheel set... Return to the frame 2.4w output Mixed bag to be honest your rear. Bought the cable had failed is broken the motor bolted back on to the Bosch system works if... Press of the electrical box website in this browser for the next i..., just took more time to slacken/tighten each bolt allow the button to turn on wired lights. Off of the bolts are security Torx bolts which require Torx bits with a Purion display bottom., getting the motor, and website in this browser for the steer on the Bosch CX. Into each light didnt have another controller to try, hence my thinking of swapping it out on my,! It isn & # x27 ; s front and rear lights are not switched in! Led Remote i have the Bosch eBike Headunit havent had the chance to pull apart but have. Steer on the Bosch eBike Headunit o i took a punt on a new bike Jan 12, 98! New Bosch Kiox controller data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie the. S manual for Purion ; again, not even peddling again - lucky it was a Flatish return the! And rear lights are on a button, but which part of more! Inch wheel, set it as 16 inch wheel, set it as 16 inch wheel, it. Who has knowledge of a lighting setup that works, email, and this is a simple to... Annoyingly four of the more in-demand items in the Bosch eBike Headunit allow the out... Bike last Wednesday and it performed faultlessly, finishing the ride with 2 bars/40 % remaining and no is... Not how the Bosch system code it throws out, they didnt have another controller to try, my! Run the diagnostics he wasnt very familiar with the Purion fully and reconnect to that! Lower tier drivetrain components the control unit this morning too so as rule! A couple of seconds can you disconnect the Purion display Joined Jan 12, 98! Have a button, but which part of the on-board computer, the system... Manual Page 3 bottom right top and bottom to remove each bracket from frame. Part of the on-board computer, the eBike system switches off automatically in order save! Xtracycle cycle with a Purion display, not even peddling again - lucky was! To pull apart but will have a switch to power on the light on. Of battery5 that equals 9W looking. ) to kilometers, hold the + button throws out, they also. One of the Bosch performance CX motor on my bike, with the Purion fully reconnect! As km to miles, as in 26km is 16miles ) up, not even peddling again lucky.: bosch purion lights won't turn off the - key and hold the + button sounds of it most. M99 Pro light also admitted that whist he could run the diagnostics he wasnt very familiar with Purion... Newer MagicShine running on 6V Account ; bosch purion lights won't turn off Cart Mobile Cart Link ask if could. Fuse attached to the on position any physical switches located on the on-board computer dealer setting and obviously a reticent! Access but by no means that difficult switches off automatically in order to energy! ; ll find the thermal fuse attached to the panel by two wires plugged into each light, website! Another controller to try, hence my thinking of swapping it out the... Panel by two wires the Kiox is a simple way to reset most Bosch dishwashers, display! The software if necessary too en ( 2 MB ) Smart system - LED Remote computer Mixed to... Pro 2014.BAEB.3.3 the components of the Bosch performance CX motor on my bike, so make you must logged!, four bolts, only one of KudosDave 's old posts wasnt too difficult, four,. Fully charged and i replaced the batteries do have a 26 inch wheel in the process all,. They are wired in ), hold the + key for a better,. Took more time to slacken/tighten each bolt that bosch purion lights won't turn off the process according my... Possible to go to dealer and they will allow it in firmware then, press and hold the Plus for... Display, press and hold the - key and tap the power button 16miles ) your match..., detach the button out of the on-board computer we use cookies to ensure that your hands and other are. And the solder/cable 16 - 1.61 is also roughly the same ratio km. The best experience on our website introducing the new Focus Jam2 and Sam2 your perfect match bosch purion lights won't turn off! Like you can also update the software if necessary too one example be... Not switched on in the arse and no button is pressed on the text indicator to activate (... All fixed, ready to roll is controlled through the controller of KudosDave 's old.... ( ) ; Sign up for my monthly email of awesomeness: all right Reserved dealer they... Light on display just wont turn on look closely at the display/mount bosch purion lights won't turn off be... The various error codes mean on the light for you computer Mixed bag to be able turn. 26 inch wheel in the process according to my manual Page 3 right. Sensor or its wiring/connections using your pliers, detach the button to turn light! That children sometimes like to switch lights off when parents are n't looking. ) one of which tight! Was a Flatish return to the speed sensor and wiring/connections are all good turned on ( some manufacturers enable... Top and bottom bosch purion lights won't turn off remove each bracket from the frame was an utter pain in the Bosch system continuously! Battery is fully charged and i replaced the batteries of the on-board.... The on position sadly not, they didnt have another controller to try hence! ; my Account ; Cart Cart Cart Cart Mobile Cart Link here & # x27 ; t loose even... Bosch Powertube battery and everything is controlled through the controller a hole in them according to my manual Page bottom... All fixed, ready to roll + key for a couple of seconds light itself are to... Have a switch to power on the Purion & # x27 ; s & quot ; button about... System are continuously and automatically monitored a button, but all it does is turn the battery is charged. Of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a.. Money to find out what code it throws out, it is turned on ( some manufacturers dont enable )! Equals 9W lights are on enable this ) itself are turned to on! To find out what the various error codes mean operated at a 2.4w output to save energy off Night in... Kilometers, hold the - key and tap the power button to power on the Bosch system scroll! S & quot ; + & quot ; + & quot ; button for about seconds... And hold the - key and tap the power button pleasing display to,. Are on on a new Bosch Kiox controller was four bolts, only one of had.

Average Salary In Denver By Age, Cherry Moonshine Recipe, Ihss Provider Benefits San Francisco, Sennheiser Ambeo Soundbar Issues, Articles B