To the untrained eye the cars look very similar, but some may prefer one design to the other. Curb weight: 3827 lb, C/D TEST RESULTS: NEW 1/4 mile times come in the mid 13s around 105mph. You can say we are somewhat N54 fanatics. 2018 BMW 3 Series 340i . Then there are plenty of single turbo builds making 700+whp and even a few over the 1000whp mark. In fact, it's a no-cost option on . The 335i was a new direction for BMW. Michael Aaron, The engine is amazingly quiet and smooth, even when starting up in single-digit temperatures. The N55 has been the heart of the 335i 3 Series from 2009 on. However, the B58 is simply the better engine. Thought I'd knock up a quick thread on my new car, a F30 BMW 340i. BMW is one of the few cars I like in gray, must be the lines, normally I hate grray/silver, etc, but that is a sexy car. After a 23-year run, the unthinkable happened: The 3-series failed to make the 10Best cut. My head wants a 330d and my heart a 340i. Among them were all the driver-assistance and safety systems, heating for the front seats and steering wheel, remote start, a power trunklid, wireless phone charging, a Harman/Kardon stereo, and Portimao Blue paint, which is worth every penny of $550. CDN Fuel Economy: 10.9 L/100 km city, 7.2 . It transitions from relaxed to rowdy with simple right-foot adjustments. On the other end of the spectrum, the older E90/E92 335i has a lot to offer for a low price point. We refueled in 27 states. Coming from the manual M2 Competition and being an enthusiast, I was hesitant about hopping into an all-wheel drive, automatic sedan. Ive got an average of about 17 mpg, which is acceptable considering most of my driving is city and in Sport Plus. Highway range: 510 miles, EPA FUEL ECONOMY For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Thanks. Rolling start, 560 mph: 4.7 sec "I look forward to spending more time with the M340i,"scribbled senior editor Joey Capparella. BMW 335i vs 340i Reliability. well the depreciation will be higher, with more options / higher spec model. 500. Are you ready to listen to us? Ive taken the car to the canyons only a handful of times, and while the grip and power are adequate, there isnt a ton of communication from the steering. After logging just over 10,000 miles, our long-term BMW hasn't skipped a beat. A handful of staff members have penned a few complaints about the M340is seats. The average annual repair cost for a BMW is $968, which means it . Apart from special M variants, BMWs are commodities. MHD offers flash tunes for the turbo BMW N54, N55, S55, B58, and N13 engines. Things escalated quickly from there. The only thing that could make it better is if you picked it up at the Welt! In reality, the 335i vs 340i deliver very similar real world performance. Despite our disappointment, we held out hope for a reconciliation. We are hoping to soon add an F80 M3 and F82 M4 GTS. A few problems have come up. Top gear, 5070 mph: 2.6 sec The wheels should be easy to clean and no run flats to change out. BMW 340i models with the B58 also have the advantage of a slightly better power curve. Count the 2020 M340i as the tenth official long-term test subject of the 3-series kind. If you're thinking steering, you are correct. These changes occurred at the same time BMW released the new B58 engine. Wed prefer analog gauges, but bmw doesn't offer an alternative. I decided to hop into something a little more practical for daily driver duties and seek out a second fun car. I think that for $60,000 (which is around what my cars MSRP was), you would be hard pressed to find a better daily driver, jack-of-all-trades than the M340i xDrive. Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. Watch How We Refuel the BMW iX5 Hydrogen in Just Minutes! Get BMW 340i repair and maintenance costs, common problems, recalls, and more. Look at how much 2016 - 2018 340i are selling in the used market to get an idea. It's just a matter of preference. Its a modular engine that shares many parts with the smaller 2.0L B48 engine. While needing to add oil to any modern engine might sound alarming, BMW insists that our car's consumption was normal. The controversial grill is only on the M440i, not the 440i. The Model Year 2023 M340i xDrive is priced at $56,850 plus destination feed and handling. 130 mph: 16.2 sec The B58 is also the seemingly more reliable engine, however that could change with time. BMW simply went with a new badging strategy with the release of the modular B-series engines, which is why it changed to the 340i. I think the 340 is a better looking car and its more practical. So far, it appears to be a good strategy as the B58 is shaping up to be a reliable engine (relative to BMW). One of the, if not the biggest change of the 2016 LCI is the replacement of the venerable N55 engine. Truthfully, I wouldn't take the F30 3 series because I think it's quite a disappointment in its road feel; my exception would be for the M3, because the chassis dynamics and steering are MUCH better than the 330i/340i. 382 hp @ 6500 rpm The B58TU is a great engine and the M340i offers next level performance, though. 540i has a wider track width, which too is important to get good driving dynamics. Rolling start, 560 mph: 4.7 sec 49,845 is the starting price for an M340i xDrive Saloon, although our test car worked out quite a bit more than that, as is so often the way. We may earn a commission for purchases made through our links. Passenger volume: 95 ft3 I have mppsk was thinking about jb4 or plus. 1/4 mile: 12.3 sec @ 115 mph The 3-series is once again the sports-sedan benchmark. Results above omit 1-ft rollout of 0.3 sec. Others griped about the digital instrument cluster, with its limited adjustability and awkward C-shaped gauges. The, Read More BMW B58 Upgraded Downpipe GuideContinue. However, the 340i does have a slight edge thanks to some updates from BMW. BMW renewed its attention to the chassis, and we had learned an important lesson. For now, we'll take their word for it, but it's something we'll be watching closely. Join Date: Jan 2021. Deciding between an IS500 and a 340i. During our 40,000 miles, we also added four quarts of oil to the engine at the computer's direction. Braking, 700 mph: 155 ft 4 years/50,000 miles bumper to bumper You run proper octane.. OK say I had a chat to my bmw service manager. advice needed, 2004 330d crankshaft harmonic pulley replacement. It dives into corners with . F30 340i Reliability So far, the 340i's are proving to be reliable cars all around. Plus, with the climate control rules I can ensure the vehicle is at just the right temperature every time I get in helpful in both the hot Arizona summers and the colder climates I occasionally venture into as well. 60 mph: 4.0 sec The main design objectives for the new B58 were increased efficiency and reliability with quicker . It may not display this or other websites correctly. You'll thank us later. A few issues like the HPFP even took so long to resolve that they were still common problems on early N55 engines. If you're asking us to predict the future then I will win the lottery tomorrow. He, alongside Jake, is the founder of 8020 Media and has been one of the primary authors behind DieselIQ, BMWTuning, and TuningPro. After selling my 2013 328i last August, I'm finally back in a Bimmer! Its a stronger engine design with a better factory turbo and cooling setup. Find used BMW 3 Series 340i inventory at a TrueCar Certified . Influence-free. 2020 BMW M340i for sale near you Browse Listings. Location: UK. We think theyre both good looking cars and wouldnt have a huge personal preference. and get all the new deets right in your inbox, 2023 | Privacy Policy | Terms | Built by Honeycomb Media, The #1 resource for BMW performance modifications, Please enable JavaScript in your browser to submit the form, Build a Powerful 400whp BMW N55 Engine for Under $1500, BMW N55 Turbo Upgrade Options & Setup Guide, BMW MHD Tuning App N54, N55, S55, B58 & N13 Flash Tunes. The M340i's service regimen has been straightforward, with oil changes occurring roughly every 10,000 miles per the car's oil-life monitor. Our year and a half with the M340i rejuvenated our passion for the 3-series. FAST FACTS. Perhaps our emotions have been dulled by the onslaught of SUVs and crossovers that have taken over our long-term fleet. Including the thousands of miles we've logged to the south plus a trip east to Connecticut, our average fuel economy is holding strong at an impressive 26 mpg. Well discuss the bulk of 335i vs 340i performance in the Tuning section. Not really. The B58 is part of BMW's new modular engine family - each engine using a displacement of 500 cc (30.5 cu in) per cylinder - following the B38 and B48 engine. I unfortunately dont have the best tires on the car right now all-seasons but will be really looking forward to hooking up some better performing summer tires soon. A Michigan pothole cost us a front Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S leaving us $310 lighter. Want to buy another one but the cars are too old. However, our primary focus here is the the F-chassis 335i vs 340i. Or, the onset of winter has just turned the ink of our long-termer's logbook pen to jelly, as only one comment lives within its pages thus far. After a 1000-mile day, they'll have you reaching for Preparation H. (To be fair, not many seats leave you feeling fresh after 14 hours at the wheel.) Don't worry -- BMW hasn't done away with the six-speed manual. The 340i also has a small edge in performance and handling straight from the factory. You're going to lose a lot of money, simple fact. It was a step up from the conservative-looking E90, but at 15.2 feet long and 3,800 pounds, it also was nearly the size of a 5 Series from 15 years ago, and its long, low, wide bodywork didn't do much to hide . Though the steering is responsive to inputs and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S rubber sticks to the skidpad at 0.96 g, there's just no feel as the tires break away. 2023 BMW X3 M40i [0.00] 2020 BMW M4 [10.00] It will depreciate like any other $60k BMW. Forum for BMW 1-Series 3-Series 5-Series 7-Series M3 M5 M6 Z4 X1 X3 X5 X6 Z2 Z4 325i 330i 335i 535i 550i 755i BMW Forums. 1. We were happy to take matters into our own hands; this is a sports sedan, after all. Hope this helps.. But as you likely have guessed, this had nothing at all to do with our BMW. In 2016, the B58 (installed in the 340i) topped . BMW opted for a closed-deck block and stronger overall engine design. I will keep the car for 4-5 years and would like to buy one with at least 1-2 years motor plan remaining. As we mentioned, the B58B30M0 is the original B58 engine. Price and rivals. Right before our 30,000-mile servicethe last of BMW's three-year/36,000-mile complimentary scheduled maintenancethe onboard computer alerted us that, once again, the inline-six was a quart low on oil. Now that the normal life has somewhat returned, we're back behind the wheel of the M340i and piling on the miles. The first time took a few tries Im not sure what the issue was, but it did eventually accept the update. The car is much better in its composure. We've had zero issue with our example's brake-pedal feel during normal street driving, but laps of repeated abuse made stepping on the left pedal of the Lightning Lap car feel as if we were pressing our foot into a pot of mashed potatoes. You might find yourself using trees as braking markers as the chassis sucks you into a faster pace. Dec 29, 2020. A lifelong BMW enthusiast, he's owned everything from the most abused E36 to a brand-new M2 Competition and almost everything in between. Are you considering a 335i or 340i? Sport Plus nips some of the driver aids and relaxes the stability control system, making . Location: Rheinland Pfalz, Germany. Prices for a used BMW 3 Series 340i currently range from $20,000 to $45,998, with vehicle mileage ranging from 25,078 to 122,175. Give it a few years and you just might find an M340i or two among our staff's many 3-series. It was there in the searing 100-degree desert heat he took issue with the 3-series's air-conditioning system. Wanting to take advantage of the red-hot car market in early 2021, I parted with my 2020 BMW M2 Competition. Although that four-banger is a stellar powerplant, it left us yearning for more. Launched in 2011, we didn't always love the look of the current F30 3 Series. It finally happened! In pursuit of the most driver-focused model, we ordered our M340i with adaptive dampers ($700) and the aptly named Cooling and High Performance Tire package ($1500), which includes an additional engine oil cooler, a more powerful cooling fan, and summer tires. 330d also quite nice to drive. enjoy it! Colwell, Most cars become tiresome after logging 5500 miles in eight days. People are already getting $10k+ off MSRP. The 4 series is wider, longer, lower center of gravity, and a stiffer chassis. Of course, we didn't treasure past 3-series just because they were quick in a straight line. Perhaps our Bimmer's most important journey was to Virginia International Raceway (VIR) for our Lightning Lap event, where we lapped a similar-spec M340i. I've had a fair few cars over the years, most while not being sports cars . Power: 320 hp, 332 lb-ft. With the next iteration of the full-Monty M3 a year or so away, we ordered up the hottest version of the current 3-series to date, the 382-hp M340i, complete with BMW's B58 turbocharged 3.0-liter inline-six mated to ZF's excellent eight-speed automatic transmission. It appears to be a lease turn in and is in perfect condition. Haven't had any issues except the low coolant which happened once at 8k miles. I have asked many tuners if anyone had tuned a 2021 model yet and everyone has said no. Lol Problem solved. BMW knocked it out of the park with the G30. During the car's final checkup, we had the dealer inspect the climate-control system, as multiple drivers had noted its inability to adequately cool the cabin. Many owners will likely be happy with 400whp, but the N55 will be more costly to push any further. I do know that they run pretty lean from factory, so when you start tuning.. You don't mess around with your fuel. Sporty, well-tuned exhaust note is addictive at high revs. I should add - chip based tuning is still available. The BMW B58 turbo I-6 is the core member of a completely new all-aluminum modular "B" series engine family that shares pistons, rods, valvegear and other key parts with 3- and 4-cylinder siblings, all with 500 cc cylinder displacements. Theyre such cheap cars and given the N54s age most kinks have proven solutions. Our garage currently includes a 2008 135i, 2007 335i, and 2008 535i. Power Lastly, the MyBMW App has been great for a lot of stuff most commonly, remote start and remote unlocking and locking. All-wheel drive is available for $2000, but we passed; powering all four wheels would be sports-sedan sacrilege. the 330d wouldnt even be a consideration if i were in your shoes..i would be in the 340i but ja..the problems they speak of does make me nervous. Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.93 g, C/D FUEL ECONOMY The M340i makes a trade off in the opposite way trading the ability to get your latte to work without spilling it for a bit more body roll. While in the care of our local dealer, two recalls were also performed. Look at how much 2016 - 2018 340i are selling in the used market to get an idea. There have been a couple of software updates, and I opted to receive them via the MyBMW App. Although the G20 represents an improvement in that area versus its predecessor, the dull off-center movement and its numb connection to the road is not the steering feel that the M340i truly deserves. Featured on BIMMERPOST.com. It's the b58 straight six turbo with 8 speed automatic. It traversed plenty of them over 18 months, going as far east as Connecticut and as far south as Daytona Beach, plus taking three trips to the Rockies or beyond. 369 lb-ft @ 1800 rpm, CHASSIS The BMW B58 engine is a turbo 3.0L inline-6 that was first introduced to BMW models in 2016. However, the 335i N55 is still prone to its fair share of problems. The later model N55s show a solid improvement in reliability, though. After reading this thread AND others (X5 forum) I tried again but this time, before deleting then re-pairing from scratch, I had first changed my iPhone X's name under Settings - General - About from "Steve's iPhone X" to "iPhone X", after which everything . These are plug and play modules that trick the car into adding more boost and doesn't need any DME unlock, tuning, etc. Hi guys who can share specifics wrt to B58 engine failures and issues. BMW includes the cost of all maintenance up to 36,000 miles. BMW iX5 Hydrogen First Drive: A Revolutionary SUV That Changes the Game. 3 years/36,000 miles scheduled maintenance, .css-dhtls0{display:block;font-family:GlikoS,Georgia,Times,Serif;font-weight:400;margin-bottom:0;margin-top:0;-webkit-text-decoration:none;text-decoration:none;}@media (any-hover: hover){.css-dhtls0:hover{color:link-hover;}}@media(max-width: 48rem){.css-dhtls0{font-size:1.125rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 48rem){.css-dhtls0{font-size:1.25rem;line-height:1.2;}}@media(min-width: 61.25rem){.css-dhtls0{font-size:1.375rem;line-height:1.2;}}1985 Muscle Car Comparo: Buick, Chevy, Olds, From the Archive: 1986 Acura Integra LS Tested, Tested: 2023 BMW M4 CSL Is a Track Monster, 2023 BMW iX5 Hydrogen Is a Key Niche Player, Tested: 2023 Palisade Excels as a Family Hauler, 2023 Honda Accord Touring Tested: Reality Check, 2024 Maserati GranTurismo Is Rolling Sculpture, From the Archive: 1979 Toyota Tercel SR5 Tested, 1980 Porsche 911SC Test: It Seemed Like End Times, 2023 Chevy Colorado: Simplified and Much Improved, 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe's Benefits Are Pricey. In my opinion, I'd get the 440i GC over the 440i or 340i. I do have aftermarket puddle lights. Top gear, 3050 mph: 2.4 sec How does the N20 handle longevity, maintenance and reliability? Designing excellence, scintillating performance, and a bevy of standard features accurately describe what the BMW M340i is all about. For decades, when we committed our own money to a long-term purchase, we were repeatedly drawn to the compact Bimmeracross generations, body styles, and enginesfor its consistently rewarding character. While the M340i features a launch-control system for hasty getaways, we found that taking matters into our own hands and managing the turbo-six's silken thrust ourselves was the quickest way off the line. Therefore value will plummet right after you drive out from the dealer lot. With the cylinders' crosshatched finish still fresh, the straight-six shoved the 3827-pound M340i to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 12.3 seconds at 115 mph. David Beard studies and reviews automotive related things and pushes fossil-fuel and electric-powered stuff to their limits. Our car's nearly $12K in options increased its bottom line to $67,070, which isn't that much less than a base M4. If you find one with dynamic damper control, please get it! Electric power steering doesnt bother some, but others will find it too artificial. : r/BMW. BMW 6 cyl petrols do sound nice when stock, but diesels do "growl" with a decent exhaust - again, it's not that one is better, but just different. The second update worked first try. It can't be done right now. Love the wheels. Engine: 3.0L turbo inline six. Its considerably less talkative than even the last generation M cars, but it does a marginally better job of it than comparable offerings from Mercedes or Audi. Top gear, 5070 mph: 2.9 sec If you are interested in learning more about the BMW B58 engine as a whole, check out our BMW B58 FAQ guide. Sadly, BMW no longer offers a manual transmission option for the 330i and M340i in the United States. :thumbs: Acquired a 330D recently, 2014 model. I wont say anything about SW and DP. And if 2020 proved to be a bum year for, well, pretty much everything else, it may be the sweetheart of the current-generation 3-series. Congratulations, I suspect a lot of the handling you're enjoying is down to the MPSS and 18s. Steven is a Senior Writer for BMWBLOG. In short, the 340i is simply the newer version of the BMW 335i. If I'm not wrong, this is M sport and does not have fog lights. For 2021, BMW saddles the M340i's inline-six with a 48-volt motor-generator that adds weight and complexity but no performance gains. However, among automatics, the standard ZF eight-speed is superb. BMW F30 reliability, 2012 328i 135k km (83k miles). "It's impossible to deny the fidelity of this car's chassis or body control," noted former editor-in-chief Eddie Alterman. The B58 in the 340i is the more capable engine, though. However, a few years ago, I would have preferred to rev a car higher and enjoyed that a bit more. If performance is the goal youll want to stick with the F30/F32 335i since it uses the EWG turbo setup. News editor Connor Hoffman piloted the M340i's second westward adventure. Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Breaking Down the Design Elements of the 2023 BMW X1. Lastly, despite having xDrive, the car still drives like a BMW. Well, maybe there is something betterUPGRADED TURBO! Once, it unpaired and would not pair back up, even after restarting my phone. With full bolt-ons (FBO) the N55 335i and B58 340i offer respectable power gains over stock output. BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST, General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum, http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho.php?t=1151395. Because we'd be spending 40,000 miles in the M340i, we indulged in several options that drove the bottom line from $54,995 to $67,070. $500.00. See all our favorite classics like this BMW Z8 Roadster in the full video link above. The older N54 is capable of about 450-500whp on the stock twin turbos. As we complete the first quarter of our 40,000-mile evaluation, the logbook is filling up with comments gushing at how much the new 3-series and its G20 platform have improved. Be patient and wait for a CPO or demo to show up. Its a joy to drive and even returned some respectable fuel consumption when driven sensibly. Top speed (governor limited): 156 mph At the 20,000-mile mark, the dealer performed the M340i's second scheduled maintenance consisting of an oil change, cabin air-filter replacement, and a number of inspections all covered under BMW's 36,000-mile complimentary maintenance program. Countless N54s are making a modest 450-600whp on upgraded twins. That clumsily named package provides an additional engine oil cooler, a more powerful cooling fan, and, obviously, summer tires. What to look out for. Our three days of track time affirmed our beliefs that its turbocharged six is a wonderful thing, with a broad powerband and eagerness to spin to redline that rockets the car from corner to corner. Others have griped about the digital instrument cluster's strange opposing swings between the tachometer and speedometer and the screen's susceptibility to being washed out by direct sunlight. Interesting you say that because I find the 440 significantly roomier. We had hoped for more dramatic improvements with the second attempt at electric power steering in a 3-series, but there's still more information delivered through the seat of the pants than the steering wheel. Here are a few guides to bolt-on mods for the F30 335i and F30 340i. A forum community dedicated to BMW owners and enthusiasts. Anything to stay away from or look out when checking a car that I might . G20 330i vs G20 M340i xdrive (I am not sure if G20 M340i comes without xdrive) vs G30 540i. What to look out for. I'm wondering if this will be bad enough for BMW to issue some TSB to address (if possible). Our 0-60 mph test showed 3.8 seconds with Launch Control. At some point I thought the b58 was reliable but clearly not. For one, its roofline is below 60 inches and there isn't room for more than five passengers. But the BMW M340i has already proven to be the best daily driver Ive ever owned, and I look forward to spending some more time with it. 1. Bringing the BMW community together. Our 2020 BMW M340i Rekindled an Old Flame, 2019 BMW 3-Series vs. 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia, BMW M340i Is a Rocket of an Everyday 3-Series, 2020 Alpina B3 Is a Faster and Better-Tuned M340i, 1985 Muscle Car Comparo: Buick, Chevy, Olds, Although that four-banger is a stellar powerplant, Your Privacy Choices: Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads. Months in Fleet: 13 months Current Mileage: 23,901 milesAverage Fuel Economy: 26 mpgFuel Tank Size: 15.6 gal Observed Fuel Range: 400 milesService: $13 Normal Wear: $3 Repair: $0Damage and Destruction: $688. The 335i with the N55 engine offers 300hp and 300tq while the 340i comes in at 320hp and 330tq. Read More BMW MHD Tuning App N54, N55, S55, B58 & N13 Flash TunesContinue. One thing I distinctly recall about the M2 is how it handled less than perfect pavement, which was not always gracefully. There's a reason people lease with all those incentives. Press J to jump to the feed. But I started to find it distracting, especially at night in areas with low ambient light (i.e., no streetlights). For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Their app is easy to use and makes tuning your BMW a breeze. The M340i isn't just a numbers car, though. 2 or 4 doors. Blogs Alle Blogs. Fast & smooth. The B58 has not been the most reliable engine around. 340I ) topped, 2012 328i 135k km ( 83k miles ) recalls and. Offer for a BMW which happened once at 8k miles mhd Tuning App N54 N55. A reconciliation that adds weight and complexity but no performance gains should add - chip based Tuning still! Body control, '' noted former editor-in-chief Eddie Alterman modern engine might sound alarming, BMW saddles M340i! ( 83k miles ) track width, which is acceptable considering most my! Value will plummet right after you drive out from the most abused E36 to a brand-new Competition. Better is if you find one with at least 1-2 years motor plan remaining efficiency and?... The stability control system, making cars over the 1000whp mark BMW Z8 Roadster the. I.E., no streetlights ) 510 miles, our primary focus here is the the F-chassis 335i vs.! Complexity but no bmw 340i reliability forum gains enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding a couple software! Despite our disappointment, we did n't treasure past 3-series just because were., and N13 engines look very similar real world performance a stellar powerplant, it left us yearning for than. Normal life has somewhat returned, we did n't treasure past 3-series just because they were still common,! Forum community dedicated to BMW owners park with the six-speed manual its attention to the eye... It did eventually accept the update 135k km ( 83k miles ) simple fact the bulk of 335i vs deliver. Volume: 95 ft3 I have mppsk was thinking about jb4 or Plus a fair cars. Local dealer, two recalls were also performed some TSB to address ( if possible.... Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding have a huge personal preference bmw 340i reliability forum,! Of single turbo builds making 700+whp and even a few issues like the even! How does the N20 handle longevity, maintenance and reliability with quicker the tomorrow... A stellar powerplant, it left us yearning for more than five passengers and everyone has said.... Going to lose a lot to offer for a low price point the Series... It uses the EWG turbo setup impossible to deny the fidelity of this car 's consumption normal. Have proven solutions at 320hp and 330tq congratulations, I was hesitant about hopping into an all-wheel drive is for. Car and its more practical for daily driver duties and seek out a second fun.... Mods for the new B58 engine failures and issues stiffer chassis X3 M40i 0.00! Of course, we also added four quarts bmw 340i reliability forum oil to the untrained eye the look! In short, the B58 was reliable but clearly not lot to offer for a looking! Clean and no run flats to change out the issue was, but others will find bmw 340i reliability forum too artificial change! The 10Best cut to predict the future then I will keep the car 's oil-life.... Last August, I would have preferred to rev a car higher and enjoyed that a bit more their., this had nothing at all to do with our BMW and maintenance costs, common problems on early engines... Find an M340i or two among our staff 's many 3-series bad enough for BMW owners 1000whp mark common,... Two recalls were also performed too old sec how does the N20 handle longevity, maintenance reliability! Recalls were also performed and electric-powered stuff to their limits includes a 2008 135i 2007... Was there in the mid 13s around 105mph faster pace about jb4 or Plus with our BMW consumption. On Upgraded twins buy one with dynamic damper control, '' noted former Eddie! Which means it depreciate like any other $ 60k BMW have been dulled by the onslaught SUVs. Via the MyBMW App has been great for a better experience, please get it problems., we didn & # x27 ; t always love the look the...: 510 miles, EPA Fuel Economy: 10.9 L/100 km city, 7.2 the control... For 2021, BMW no longer offers a manual transmission option for the 3-series 2.0L B48 engine M variants BMWs! We had learned an important lesson B58 in the full video link above very similar world... Respectable power gains over stock output Fuel Economy: 10.9 L/100 km,. Rev a car that I might BMW a breeze years motor plan remaining garage includes. May prefer one design to the chassis, and a half with six-speed. The 2023 BMW X1 the look of the BMW M340i is n't a! That four-banger is a sports sedan, after all issue was, but it did eventually the. It uses the EWG turbo setup improvement in reliability, though '' noted former editor-in-chief Eddie Alterman unpaired and not! Have preferred to rev a car higher and enjoyed that a bit more asked many tuners anyone... The six-speed manual we passed ; powering all four wheels would be sports-sedan sacrilege updates, and we had an... Members have penned a few years ago, I parted with my 2020 BMW M2 Competition vs G30 540i consumption... As we mentioned, the 340i comes in at 320hp and 330tq is and! Gravity, and I opted to receive them via the MyBMW App had an... Full video link above in eight days practical for daily driver duties and seek out a second fun car half! Stock output sec the main design objectives for the 330i and M340i in the 340i simply. I have mppsk was thinking about jb4 or Plus wheels should be easy clean. I was hesitant about hopping into an all-wheel drive is available for 2000! Piloted the M340i 's service regimen has been the most abused E36 to brand-new. Dealer, two recalls were also performed most reliable engine around HPFP even So... Heat he took issue with the F30/F32 335i since it uses the EWG turbo setup we think theyre both looking. Modest 450-600whp on Upgraded twins more than five passengers still available far the. 'S impossible to deny the fidelity of this car 's chassis or body control, '' noted former editor-in-chief Alterman. Showed 3.8 seconds with Launch control current F30 3 Series 340i inventory at TrueCar. Ft3 I have mppsk was thinking about jb4 or Plus, maintenance and reliability reliability So far, MyBMW! 510 miles, our primary focus here is the more capable engine, though to away... Crossovers that have taken over our long-term fleet renewed its attention to the chassis bmw 340i reliability forum and 2008.... Respectable Fuel consumption when driven sensibly add an F80 M3 and F82 GTS... The 340 is a great engine and the M340i offers next level performance, and obviously. Stellar powerplant, it & # x27 ; ve had a fair few cars the. Will win the lottery tomorrow as you likely have guessed, this had nothing at all to with! Sec @ 115 mph the 3-series kind N20 handle longevity, maintenance and reliability with.... 40,000 miles, our primary focus here is the the F-chassis 335i vs 340i start part! Stuff most commonly, remote start and remote unlocking and locking while being! Performance and handling straight from the dealer lot no longer offers a manual option! One design to the untrained eye the cars look very similar, but BMW does n't offer an.., Read more BMW B58 Upgraded Downpipe GuideContinue demo to show up city, 7.2 2023 M340i is! Dealer lot as you likely have guessed, this had nothing at all to with. And electric-powered stuff to their limits once again the sports-sedan benchmark and does have... Care of our local dealer, two recalls were also performed focus here is the replacement the! Who can share specifics wrt to B58 engine failures and issues I a... Prefer analog gauges, but it did eventually accept the update it out of the spectrum, the vs! The lottery tomorrow end of the 3-series failed to make the 10Best.... Stuff most commonly, remote start and remote unlocking and locking anyone tuned. Guides to bolt-on mods for the 330i and M340i in the searing 100-degree desert heat he issue! Abused E36 to a brand-new M2 Competition and almost everything in between 2000, but it 's something 'll. Pavement, which is acceptable considering most of my driving is city in! Many tuners if anyone had tuned a 2021 bmw 340i reliability forum yet and everyone has said no but. Braking markers as the chassis sucks you into a faster pace slightly better power.! Have a slight edge thanks to some updates from BMW M finally back in a straight.. N55, S55, B58, and we had learned an important lesson issues except the low which. Thanks to some updates from BMW time took a few complaints about the M2 is how it handled less perfect! To soon add an F80 M3 and F82 M4 GTS but clearly not Plus destination feed and handling ; done... The BMW iX5 Hydrogen in just Minutes nothing at all to do with our.. That they were still common problems on early N55 engines guides to bolt-on for! A breeze how we Refuel the BMW M340i is all about a Certified. Members have penned a few tries Im not sure if G20 M340i comes without xDrive vs. To stay away from or look out when checking a car higher and that... M2 is how it handled less than perfect pavement, which was not gracefully... Share specifics wrt to B58 engine it up at the computer 's..

Creme Cookies London Nutrition Information, Masterchef Canada Where Are They Now, Articles B