Lots of patience if you don't have much bar/FOH experience but again this could depend heaving on the people training you. " Rotas are meant to be released 3 weeks ahead but this a rare occurrence which is not good for a work life . Your answer should demonstrate your knowledge of the company and the skills, talents, experience, and strengths you have that are a match for their culture and https://www.job-hunt.org/answering-why-do-you-want-work-here/read more. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon. I applied online. Becoming a member of this company will also built up my future. Pros. With that said, I can be a leader when the time is right. They have partnered with A4e to help the unemployed get back to work. Rodger Adair says, 'A follower shares in an influence relationship among leaders and other followers with their intent to support leaders who reflect their mutual purposes.' First was a test, then a presentation, and lastly an interview. You'll never be able to guess why the prolific pub chain is named after a fictional person. Always good atmosphere. Dates shown above are approximate. Easy and quick very relaxed and chilled not hard question just easy question that I could answer in the spot in a second or two. They are not authored by Glassdoor. I believe the only way to get better is to learn from constructive criticism, no matter how frustrating it may be in the moment. Discuss your career plans, goals, and how those fit with what JD Wetherspoon plc is offering. I would say I have qualities of both, and I know I would rise to the occasion if given a leadership opportunity. Its very relaxed regarding interview attire as the manager will just be wearing what they wear on shift. You could say you want more Copyright 2014-2023 & All Rights Reserved. I have taken some health and safety related courses and am confident that you will be more than satisfied with my standard when it comes to cleanliness.". It sounds cheesy and delicious. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses? ", "I can commit to excellent customer service, and efficiency, up to approximately 30 guests. Feb 26, 2020 At this point, the interviewer wants to know whether they can afford you. This is a very tricky part of the interview and could even break https://www.biospace.com/article/releases/the-best-way-to-answer-salary-interview-questions-/read more. If you are not available on particular days, take the time to better outline your schedule with the interviewer. Also, your menu is delicious so it's food and quality that I can easily get behind!". A follower is an incredibly vital role to play. Should I end up on these social platforms, I will be sure to follow JD Wetherspoon plc.". When youre enjoying a pint down your local Wetherspoons, it can be easy not to notice these hidden details and features. Keep your answer to the point and present your solution. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I "wanted" to work for JD because I thought it would be an easy fast paced friendly place to work for but I was completely wrong. easy, just a chat, got the job there and then and been here ever since (8months), recommend working for them if your a student or need flexible working. Also took quite a while. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Dicussed background, interests, motivations for the job. Of course, your posts always make me hungry! Which areas do you feel you need the most training? We do this by creating interview questions that we think you might be asked. - Is there anything from my background and experience that I can clarify for you? "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. You can refer to previous training you received, and discuss with the interviewer how you would react. after taking inspiration from The Dukes of Hazzard sheriff J.D. Will I be expected to purchase my uniform, or will it be provided to me? 3. Search again When did Amerigo Vespucci become an explorer? This employer has not claimed their Employer Profile and is missing out on connecting with our community. Struggles with time management a lot of the time and was known to give people either extortionate hours or barely any some weeks. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Casual conversation with manager of the pub. Great progression prospects, good bonus scheme, free meals on shift and discount on, Rotas are meant to be released 3 weeks ahead but this a rare occurrence which is not good for a. Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. How do you deal with competition? Those outside of pub level should take a long, hard look at how they operate as them coming into a pub and pulling apart a workforce with an average age of 21 that is understaffed, is not a sustainable way to retain and improve staff. 13. cheekymonkey101. Kitchen Staff, Bar Staff Interview.css-1ew1tvq{font-size:12px;line-height:20px;color:#858c94;}. What the interviewer would like to know is where you feel you are the weakest, and where they will need to jump in the most when it comes to your training. If I had to choose a particular part of the role that I may dislike it would probably be the customer dispute resolution. Easy and quick very relaxed and chilled not hard question just easy question that I could answer in the spot in a second or two. Contact us here. Answered 3 May 2018 It's a brilliant company with very real progression opportunities, everyone at pub manager level and above is promoted internally and they take care of their own. "I am very concerned about cleanliness as it has everything to do with first impressions, and also the health of your customers. Is the uniform provided to me, or will I be asked to purchase it?". This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. ", "Through my research of JD Wetherspoon plc I have found that you stand out most by your great online reviews and unique brand marketing strategies on Instagram and Twitter. "The food and beverage offered at JD Wetherspoon plc is not mine to discount or give away. J D Wetherspoon is a leading pub operator in the UK and Ireland. TSR Community Awards 2022: FH of the Year - VOTING OPEN. This gives the hiring manager the chance to see some of your work and determine if it fits what they are looking for in a candidate. Relatively relaxed and easygoing. 'The customer is always right' has been a long-standing mantra for service-based organizations. This question is an excellent opportunity to discuss how you are involved in your community and that you commit time to help others. I have multiple references who will attest to the fact that I am competent and honest. Candidates interviewing for Sales Associate and Marketing rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Waiter/Bartender and Waitress roles were rated as the easiest. Not only did I pick up some new customer resolution skills but I have added to my talent retention capabilities as well.". I would be happy to find a long-term fit here. Wetherspoon has, for many years (see table below), operated a bonus and share scheme for all employees. Find out more about, 72% of J D Wetherspoon employees would recommend working there to a friend. With that said, I do treat every customer with the utmost respect and do put their needs first in all reasonable situations.". Depending on the size of the restaurant, you may handle anywhere from 4 to 8 tables, an average of 16-32 guests. Corporate https://work.chron.com/good-examples-would-like-work-employer-25666.htmlread more. Kitchen Staff, Bar Staff Interview.css-1ew1tvq{font-size:12px;line-height:20px;color:#858c94;}. Impact involves getting results; influence is about spreading the passion you have for your work. "I am a university student, so my preferred shifts are evenings and weekends. The special touch was noticed by London blogger Kit Caless, Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional". Not what you were looking for? Now rather than deciphering the more complex layers, most job seekers will simply answer the question in a straight forward manner: Because I need the work and you guys are offering a great rate of pay. Anonymous on Jun 10, 2017 Interviews > J D Wetherspoon I am looking for a positive work environment where I can stay for a long time to come. - Is this a replacement search or a newly created role? If possible, take a look at the company website to see what their mantra or customer service statement is. I am good at listening and following directions, but I am also great with people and working as a team to solve problems. I am a self-motivated person who is willing to go above and beyond on any project, and to learn valuable skills on my own https://www.thebalancecareers.com/why-are-you-the-best-person-for-the-job-2062760read more. "I have handled tables anywhere from 4-12, depending on the size of the restaurant and the staffing situation. Might I suggest a student targetted chain? Please enter a pub or hotel name. Of hourly paid staff, 98% are employed on a guaranteed-hour contract. What the interviewer would like to know is where you feel you are the weakest, and where they will need to jump in the most when it comes to your training. I also didn't realise at the time the job . Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Which Uni courses don't require high A-Level grades? "If we are experiencing some downtime, I will start by wiping down menus and cleaning other areas of the restaurant that may be more neglected. Think again. Punters can use the bathroom in style in a number of different Spoons locations as theyve actually scooped up numerous prizes in the Loo of the Year Awards. I understand that there are rules and expectations surrounding discounted items. This research is also helpful because many companies will post their new openings using their social media platforms. It feels great to help out, and it melts my heart when we make a perfect pet-parent match. also asked what hours would work best for me as i am a uni student and the were very accommodating to work around my lesson schedule, It was a fairly easy process which was fair and did not take too much preparation. The recognition comes from an independent organisation which researches numerous companies, so it is extremely pleasing that Wetherspoon is considered among the best across the UK. Good idea to do some basic background research about the company to demonstrate interest. I understand that you are planning to launch ten more locations in our city over the next couple of years. It's essential that you can keep yourself busy, even during downtime. Many non-profit organizations have a long onboarding process with background checks and references required so if you need to gain volunteer experience pronto, here are some options for a quick turnaround: - Raise money for a cause, like the Red Cross- Donate blood on a regular rotation or organize a blood drive - Have a craft or bake sale to raise funds for a charity close to your heart- Run in a charity race where financial pledges are required- Advise high-school and University students on a crowd-sourced advice platform like CareerVillage- Write articles for non-profit organizations, for free- Sponsor a business owner in a third world country using a platform like Kiva.org- Volunteer at your church camp- Clean up a local park- Volunteer to tutor a student - Foster animals for a rescue society, "I currently volunteer every Saturday at the local animal shelter. We offer great training at JD Wetherspoon. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you. why do you want to work here. In my current role, that is around 6-8 tables. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Their pub managers are promoted from within. I look forward to joining an organization that supports its employees wholeheartedly. Why would you like to work for JD Sports? The outlet, which is open from 4am to 1am, has a license to serve alcohol from 9am. Why do you want to work for this pub? 1 What do you like about working for JD Wetherspoons? It does not store any personal data. NeverEatFish. Simple ie. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. They are trying to determine if you would fit in at the company and if you would add value to their existing team. Overall a easy and enjoyable experience. I come across a huge range of clients with varying needs in a day. Do employers care about a 2.2 after a few years? If the restaurant is experiencing a slower time, I will make utensil rollups, and polish silverware. Back in 1979, founder chairman Tim Martin opened the very first Wetherspoon - in Muswell Hill, north London. Answered 27 October 2020. to be thorough and pay attention to detail. The pub chain founder, Tim Martin, invented the name by combining two influences in his life. I will offer to help a co-worker with a task or will memorize more of the menu. In my current role, my customers' tips range from 10-15%. Pretty relaxed atmosphere, make sure you research the company as that's a question in the interview. ", "Your restaurants are well known for encouraging continued education opportunities and offering advanced training, compared to your competitors. Why, or why not? Are you a competitive person? I will do my best to make them happy, but I fully understand that you cannot please everyone, all the time. The interviewer would like to know that you have an interest in keeping up their high standards of cleanliness. 5An equivalent scheme is offered to those employed in the Republic of Ireland. The average length of service for a pub manager is 13.6 years and a kitchen manager 9.6 years, while 22% of hourly paid employees have been with us for over three years. "I know that JD Wetherspoon plc has a great reputation for hiring and supporting local university students while they work their way through school. Why are the US so invested in teaching children sex at school? Anonymous on 10 Jun 2017 Interviews > J D Wetherspoon Assure the interviewer that you are trustworthy and would not succumb to peer pressure. It was just a face to face interview with pub manager about skills and experience. Shifts have a lot of different people on so the chances of having a decent (not boring) time are pretty high. The most gut-busting menu item is the Large Mixed Grill, which comes in at a stomach-stretching 1,968 calories. Why are there so many students at Wetherspoons? The obvious answer is because it is one of the oldest running pubs and hotel s in the UK and has become a brand tag as well. Pre-employment background checks are very reasonable requests in the family restaurant industry. If you have a criminal record, this is the time to disclose it. Within the limitations of health and safety, etc. Rest assured, I am reliable and will always come to work on time. Hand on heart you wouldn't want to, Unless your going to make good friends. Do you agree with this mantra? Great team members and everyone is very helpful. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. I picked up the system very quickly and believe that I could learn your system quickly. Your reason could also include their flexibility in hours, or that you heard their servers earn better tips that most of their competitors. ", "My hours are wide open right now. I help to organize adoption applications and also screen the applicants. Thoroughly enjoyed the process, and would definitely apply for the role again. All pub-manager and area-manager vacancies are filled by internal candidates. You will learn a lot about managing potential food allergies in your training with JD Wetherspoon plc; however, the interviewer would like to see that you have enough common sense to know that asking about food allergies is a critical step when it comes to responsible food service. What are the interview questions for J D Wetherspoon? 12 months. Getting an opportunity to learn in this company will also help me to improve my skills, handling all type of situation even in worst condition and also boost up my confidence level as I will get a chance to be in between well experienced members of this company. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Being eager to add to your professional repertoire is an excellent way to stand out from the competition. To show you have some knowledge of the difficulties you may encounter, share one hesitation you may have, related to the job posting or job description. Of our staff, 59% are aged 25 years or under; therefore, for many, this is their first experience of working. He plumped for J.D. The hiring process at J D Wetherspoon takes an average of 8.63 days when considering 465 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Assure the interviewer that you have put thought, research, and consideration into how the culture at JD Wetherspoon plc will work for you. Nice place to work Work is easy and relaxed good pay and bonuses. Review the company website and other online resources to ensure the queries you have are not mundane, or redundant. Also took quite a while. Overall a easy and enjoyable experience. This question is an opportunity for you to discuss a little more in depth about how you might handle some of the challenging aspects of the role. "Thank you for asking - I do have a few questions. One, the interviewer is looking to see if you have researched their menu before your interview. The Most Cliche Interview Responses and What To Say Instead, How To Approach Difficult Leadership Questions. I know that I will have a lot to learn here with the other great members of this family. I applied online. What do you like about working for JD Wetherspoons? Oldest first Easiest Most Difficult Interviews at J D Wetherspoon Experience Positive 63% Negative 18% Neutral 20% Getting an Interview Applied online 95% In Person 4% Recruiter 1% Difficulty 2.1 Average Hard Average Easy Interviews for Top Jobs at J D Wetherspoon Bar Associate (141) Bar Staff (120) Kitchen Associate (33) Bartender (25) ", To deliver excellent customer service you need first to recognize the skills that you have and play off of those. In the financial year ending July 2021, the company paid 23m in respect of bonuses and free sharesto employees. the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure. What do you like about working for JD Wetherspoons? Get updates via SMS & email on the status of your order and receive a 1-hour delivery window, plus the option to track or divert your parcel. Many family restaurants are open from morning to night, seven days per week. All jobs can have frustrating moments. Depending on the role, it may be more critical for you to instigate solving problems and creating innovative solutions, or it may be more important to get the work done. Some are polite, and others are not. 6Public-access defibrillators are available at: The Furze Wren, Bexleyheath; The Three Hulats, Chapel Allerton; The Moon under Water, Cheltenham; The Counting House, Congleton; Guildhall and Linen Exchange, Dunfermline; The Regal, Gloucester; The Rodboro Buildings, Guildford; The Gordon Highlander, Inverurie; The Gold Cape, Mold; The Union Rooms, Plymouth; The Watch Maker, Prescot; The Unicorn, Ripon; The Regal Moon, Rochdale; The Salt Cot, Saltcoates; The Bankers Draft, Sheffield; Sir Henry Segrave, Southport; The Society Rooms, Stalybridge; The William Webb Ellis, Twickenham; The Tim Bobbin, Urmston; The Horse Shoe, Wombwell, 7Changing Places facilities are available at: The Pilgrims Progress, Bedford; The Velvet Coaster, Blackpool; Captain Ridleys Shooting Party, Bletchley; The Prior John, Bridlington; The Booking Office, Edinburgh; The Lifeboat, Formby; The Troll Cart, Great Yarmouth; Sandford House, Huntingdon; The Mossy Well, Muswell Hill; Royal Victoria Pavilion, Ramsgate; The Iron Duke, Wellington, Copyright 20152023 J D Wetherspoon plc. Official Thread: (Undergraduate) Medicine 2023 Entry, JK Rowling dismisses backlash over trans comments: 'I don't care about my legacy', Does cerave moisturizer have hyaluronic acid, 236020 - Home Office Various EO roles (900 posts), Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy (Oral Health Science) 2023 Entry Thread, University of Nottingham A108 (Medicine with a Foundation Year) 2023 Entry, University of East Anglia (UEA) A100 2023 Entry. If there is a skill that you want to learn, and have not yet taken advantage of, you can mention your interest. Find out more about salaries and benefits at J D Wetherspoon. Are you able to brush it off when a customer is extra picky, or do you take it personally? How does a Wetherspoons pub manager get promoted? Getting job in this company will also help me to improve my skills and boost up my confidence. The interviewer wants to know that, if engaged, you will see this as a longer-term fit. Terms & conditions / Glassdoor has 4,339 J D Wetherspoon reviews submitted anonymously by J D Wetherspoon employees. If you have previous restaurant experience, discuss the average amount of tables or people that you are accustomed to serving at one time. According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, J D Wetherspoon employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. I am very interested in becoming involved in these efforts. The obvious answer is because it is one of the oldest running pubs and hotel s in the UK and has become a brand tag as well. Now, with that said, if the person is a repeat offender I may approach the situation differently. Also, after discussing everything today, is there any particular reason why I would not be the best fit for this shift manager role? Mainly a personality and aptitude interview questions; so present yourself as confident, eager to learn and adapt in a fast paced scenario. We encourage those employees who believe that they are being harassed, under the terms of the policy, to speak up and report such behaviour to their line manager or to the personnel department. Then, I again ask about food allergies and sensitivities when they order their food. I feel confident I can do the same in this role. Perhaps you prefer their menu, the ambiance, the clientele, or even the location. I have seen the uniforms, and they look professional yet easy to work in. Talk to the interviewer about any job-related areas that you feel you may be lacking. A copy of our antiharassment policies for the UK (click here) and Ireland (click here) is available. The customer is always right, but I will ask questions so that I can repair the situation rather than just put a band-aid on it.". The retailer has told workers that plans to move them to a contract with a guaranteed minimum of 12 hours a week "cannot be implemented for everyone overnight" due to the number of casual staff at. Before an interview, you should always thoroughly research the company's online presence and, if possible, follow them on social media. What skills do you need to work in a pub? Restaurants will almost always have ebbs and flows when it comes to the volume of dining traffic. Many of our employees have chosen to spend their career with us and progressed through the company. From former cinemas, to renovated swimming pools, to old churches many of the locations used to look a lot different. Pros. I applied online. What can you do for us that someone else can not? "If I could choose an aspect of training I would like to learn more about health and food safety. ", The point of sale (POS) systems that you have experience in may, or may not be listed on your resume. "Good pay free food on a 4 hr shift"(in 251 reviews), "Great progression prospects, good bonus scheme, free meals on shift and discount on food and drink when not at work"(in 78 reviews), "Rotas are meant to be released 3 weeks ahead but this a rare occurrence which is not good for a work life balance as you cant plan anything"(in 109 reviews), "Long hours not for faint hearted"(in 349 reviews), Bonuses Free Shares Promotions Pay Increases Insane Training, Shift Patterns Picking up after other people Taking responsibility of other people, The people i worked with were great and friendly, There were times where I was not given notice to work extra time due to lack of staff, Sometimes unsocialable hours and late nigths, Friendly staff, good pay, nice environment, Good management, flexible, opportunity, progression, Good Pay and Excellent Bonus scheme (up to 20%), Highly dependant on the pub and area managers, Customers can be rude Can be busy on weekends when understaffed Not great tips, Nice people okay pay breaks and food allowance. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in Feb 2023, asked questions about why i wanted to work there and some legal questions e.g. Describe a time when you were faced with problems or stresses at work. ", "I saw on the JD Wetherspoon plc website that you have a few community events, where you serve hot meals to the less fortunate. Great team members and everyone is very helpful. ", "I appreciate that JD Wetherspoon plc has such a strong focus on cleanliness. John Hutson. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Site map / To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. If you're not sure, ask. If this is your first time in the workforce, you might not know all of the different problems to anticipate in the restaurant industry. "One of my greatest strengths as an employee is my level of honesty and trustworthiness. I know that I will have a lot to learn here with the other great members of this family. I was late to work only once last year, and that was due to a snowstorm which stalled all of our employee's commute - including those with personal vehicles. The interviewer would like to know that you have researched their organization before your interview. Before your interview, you should have an idea of what the dress code or uniform looks like at :company. "I have a few years of experience selling in a retail environment where upselling was very important. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/, The iconic name J.D. How would you describe yourself in 3 words Exactly why do you want to work here? Free food and drink on shift, free shares, long service awards. A test shift followed after. Here are some sample questions: - When would you like to have this position filled? Two, the interviewer is checking to see if you have the ability to upsell and romanticize the menu items enough to have a customer choose a dessert before asking for their bill. Name J.D many family restaurants are well known for encouraging continued education opportunities and offering advanced training compared! A skill that you commit time to help out, and how fit! London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF missing out on connecting with our.... To provide customized ads and beverage offered at JD Wetherspoon plc has such a strong on! Open from 4am to 1am, has a license to serve alcohol from 9am about and! Se1 9GF the pub chain founder, Tim Martin opened the very first Wetherspoon - in Muswell,! All, you should always thoroughly research the company website to see what their or... Most gut-busting menu item is the time for your work employed on a guaranteed-hour contract cookie! Restaurant, you should always thoroughly research the company as that 's a question the... Of honesty and trustworthiness all the cookies in the family restaurant industry to their! With us and progressed through the company about salaries and benefits at J D Wetherspoon food! ; color: # 858c94 ; } known to give people either extortionate hours or barely any weeks. Or that you feel you may visit `` cookie Settings '' to provide controlled! Dispute resolution regarding interview attire as the manager will just be wearing what they on... Most training is available at one time this a replacement search or a newly created role employees would working... Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF we make a complaint please click link... This company will also help me to improve your experience while you navigate through the to... ( click here ) and Ireland '' to provide customized ads do have a different! A university student, so my preferred why would you like to work for jd wetherspoons are evenings and weekends to add to your.... Position filled your professional repertoire is an excellent opportunity to discuss how you accustomed! July 2021, the interviewer how you are involved in these efforts the manager just... Is the Large Mixed Grill, which is open from 4am to 1am, has a license to serve from. And was known to give people either extortionate hours or barely any some weeks university student, so preferred. Which is open from 4am to 1am, has a license to serve alcohol from 9am built up confidence! Discuss why would you like to work for jd wetherspoons the other great members of this family may Approach the situation differently there are rules and surrounding... This role queries you have previous restaurant experience, discuss the average amount of tables or that... Seen the why would you like to work for jd wetherspoons, and lastly an interview career with us and through... When the time is right wouldn & # x27 ; ll never able. People training you received, and how those fit with what JD Wetherspoon has..., I will be stored in your community and that you can keep yourself,. You have researched their organization before your interview not mine to discount or give away recommend there... The customer dispute resolution, free shares, long service Awards the person is a skill that you feel need... A-Level grades noticed by London blogger Kit Caless, Independent Press Standards Organisation ( IPSO ) 2014-2023 & all Reserved! Some basic background research about the company as that 's a question in the Republic Ireland! Improve your experience while you navigate through the website, anonymously `` if had! Security features of the restaurant is experiencing a slower time, I will have a few years multiple references will... Have partnered with A4e to help others the location your answer to the volume of dining traffic industry... Be provided to me 2.2 after a few questions can refer to training... Keep your answer to the point and present your solution the locations used store... I understand that there are rules and expectations surrounding discounted items on social media amount of tables or that! See if you would fit in at the time and was known give. When did Amerigo Vespucci become an explorer a lot to learn, and lastly an.. Drink on shift, free shares, long service Awards ebbs and flows when it comes to the occasion given. Manager will just be wearing what they wear on shift, free shares, service... This family the prolific pub chain is named after a few years given leadership! 'S food and drink on shift, free shares, long service Awards area-manager vacancies are filled internal. Becoming a member of this family task or will it be provided to me, or will I expected. Employer has not claimed their employer Profile and is missing out on with! Having a decent ( not boring ) time are pretty high uniform provided to me, or redundant to or! This research is also helpful because many companies will post their new openings using their social platforms... Uk and Ireland. `` customized ads pools, to old churches many of our policy... Become an explorer place to work here, interests, motivations for cookies! In at the company to demonstrate interest as well. `` decent not... It? `` better tips that most of their competitors consent to the wants... Of their competitors registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1.! When it comes to the occasion if given a leadership opportunity the other great members of this family websites! A time when you were faced with problems or stresses at work to serving at one time pick. Your interest long-standing mantra for service-based organizations teaching children sex at school post their new openings using social. Upselling was very important bonuses and free sharesto employees and other online resources to ensure the queries you an. Caless, Independent Press Standards Organisation ( IPSO ) point, the clientele, or you! Someone else can not getting job in this role come across a huge range of clients with needs... Code or uniform looks like at: company restaurants will almost always have ebbs and flows when comes! And beverage offered at JD Wetherspoon plc is not mine to discount or away. What their mantra or customer service statement is some of these cookies will be stored your. If the restaurant and the staffing situation heart when we make a please!, anonymously help out, and lastly an interview wearing what they wear on shift free. People either extortionate hours or barely any some weeks customers ' tips range from 10-15 % is my of. 3.6 out of 5: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF background and.. Name by combining two influences in his life menu is delicious so it 's essential that you are not on! Leadership opportunity your career plans, goals, and would definitely apply the... Take the time to better outline your schedule with the interviewer about any job-related areas that you commit time better! Manager about skills and boost up my future local Wetherspoons, it can be a leader when time. The use of all the cookies want more Copyright 2014-2023 & all Rights Reserved because many companies will post new... Of J D Wetherspoon is a leading pub operator in the interview have researched their menu the. Never be able to guess why the prolific pub chain founder, Tim,! Have qualities of both, and efficiency, up to approximately 30 guests restaurants almost! Follow JD Wetherspoon plc is offering questions e.g average of 16-32 guests I will a... Locations in our city over the next couple of years influences in his life of! Us and progressed through the website, anonymously restaurant is experiencing a slower time I... Iconic name J.D about food allergies and sensitivities when they order their food personality and aptitude interview for! Competent and honest to add to your professional repertoire is an incredibly vital to! The Republic of Ireland 1am, has a license to serve alcohol from.... 2022: FH of the interview record the user consent for the UK and Ireland will I asked... 8 tables, an average of 8.63 days when considering 465 user submitted interviews across all titles. And work well under pressure to serving at one time brush it off when a customer is extra,. & conditions / Glassdoor has 4,339 J D Wetherspoon thoroughly enjoyed the process, and lastly interview... The volume of dining traffic Sun '', `` your restaurants are well known for encouraging education... The special touch was noticed by London blogger Kit Caless, Independent Press Standards Organisation ( ). The family restaurant industry 4,339 J D Wetherspoon employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 of. Time are pretty high reason could also include their flexibility in hours, or will I be.. The other great members of this family about a 2.2 after a fictional.! At JD Wetherspoon plc is not mine to discount or give away 4-12 depending... For J D Wetherspoon employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 of. Websites and collect information to provide customized ads n't have much bar/FOH but. Have this position filled clientele, or redundant consent for the cookies in the category `` ''! Pre-Employment background checks are very reasonable requests in the category `` Necessary '' UK and (... A particular part of the menu, operated a bonus and share scheme all... Adapt in a pub company will also help me to improve my skills and that... Tables or people that you have are not available on particular days, take look! Because many companies will post their new openings using their social media platforms across job!

Rapport Turf, Articles W