Read our detailed review of premium economy on Virgin Atlantic's 787-9 here and on the A350-1000 here! The cabin is comprised of 35 seats in a slightly staggered 2-3-2 configuration. /]. Our opinions are our own. Though there are some flaws in the product, such as a narrower seat and poor headphones, I found the experience to be well worth the cost. If anyone on our team wouldnt recommend it to a friend or a family member, we wouldnt recommend it on The Points Guy either. During the course of the flight, crew members left out a small bin of chips and snacks for the taking in the galley. Top picks: 20A, 20K or row 25. Our partners compensate us. . We plan to sit in Premium Economy. Virgin Atlantic boasts that its premium economy seats are up to 21 inches wide . In comparison, Virgin Economy Light fares don't get a checked bag allowance. It didn't have the luxurious feeling of a leather or solid kit, but it does the trick for me knowing that it was helping to reduce single-use plastics and be less harsh on the environment. Chose seat 25C (Premium Economy) because it would allow me to recline without bothering others behind me. I arrived at London Heathrow's Terminal 3 about three hours prior to departure. In addition to the USB port with the IFE screen, there was a universal power outlet on the side of the seat next to the seat controls. Ron says: March 5, 2020 at 3:51 am . Premium check in, priority boarding, and more. - A new onboard Upper Class lounge named "The Loft". Virgin Atlantic's A330-300s have seven rows of Premium, mostly in a 2-3-2 configuration. After being one of the first carriers to introduce a proper premium economy cabin, Virgin launched its A350 with new seats, larger inflight-entertainment screens and a supposedly more comfortable experience. Use this seat map to get the most comfortable seats, legroom and recline before booking. Seats are in a 2-4-2 configuration, with everyone just one seat . Especially in a middle block of four seats, it can be hard to provide a lot of storage, but Virgin equipped these seats with about as much as I would think possible. Card Rating is based on the opinion of TPGs editors and is not influenced by the card issuer. The seat had direct aisle access but the armrests couldn't be raised. Virgin Atlantic's Flying Club program offers some tremendous value especially on Premium itineraries. I think that even with a full cabin of 56 passengers, the three lavs would've sufficed. Choose Economy Classic for the great value service you know and love, including 23kg baggage allowance, plus hand luggage and free seat selection. TPG values it at $1,600. The high annual fee is only worth it if youre taking full advantage of the cards benefits. The seats are still 21 inches wide and 38 inches in pitch with the same 2-3-2 configuration, but the cabin is significantly larger. This card comes with a long list of benefits, including access to Centurion Lounges, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, at least $500 in assorted annual statement credits and so much more. This Virgin Atlantic A330-300 configuration features 3 classes including Upper Class, Premium Economy, and Economy seating options. The A350 has a slightly tighter layout with a width of 18.5" vs 17.4" and the same pitch of 38" vs 31-34". After a seamless bag-check experience and obtaining my boarding pass, I ascended the nearby escalator to the security checkpoint. NerdWallet Compare, Inc. NMLS ID# 1617539, NMLS Consumer Access|Licenses and Disclosures, California: California Finance Lender loans arranged pursuant to Department of Financial Protection and Innovation Finance Lenders License #60DBO-74812, Property and Casualty insurance services offered through NerdWallet Insurance Services, Inc. (CA resident license no. See the Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy class experience in 2022 in this flight review of flight VS107 from London Heathrow to Nassau in the Bahamas. United rolls out free fleetwide Wi-Fi for select flyers. Virgin Atlantic Premium Economy ReviewVirgin Atlantic Premium Economy 787 ReviewThis is a full trip report and review showing Virgin Atlantic's Premium Econo. Seat selection: Virgin Atlantic premium economy passengers can choose their seat free of charge up to 331 days before departure. His background in political science and economics gives him unique insight into issues surrounding international travel and governmental regulations. Baggage 1 x 10kg hand luggage 2 x 23kg checked bag* Priority baggage delivery. Would the A350 talk be just that: talk? Additionally, I was a fan of some of the small design features of the seat. Virgin Atlantic premium economy seats might be a tight fit width-wise on some aircraft. Opinions expressed here are the authors alone, not those of any bank, credit card issuer, airline or hotel chain, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities. You emailed me saying the 2 business class Avios seats I wanted . Other aspects of the "soft" product are also improved, such as priority service in the airport, an amenity kit and better headphones. Additionally, because Virgin Atlantic is a partner of Delta, I was able to input my SkyMiles number in order to earn me valuable Medallion Qualification Miles on my journey to . Learn more. Compare the cost in points or miles to cash, and see which option is best. Virgin Atlantic bucks the trend here, letting you select your own seat for free, although they have recently introduced 'Preferred Premium' seating which reserves c. 30% of the cabin (typically . If you're looking to travel in style, this is the way to do it. Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card. Virgin Atlantic's trademark burgundy Premium seats, with a 38" pitch remain, but they're accompanied by calf rests in every seat and a 13.3" touchscreen with Bluetooth audio. On this flight, the sandwiches included: mozzarella with green pesto, slow-roasted tomato and arugula; and salmon, soft cheese, arugula and cucumber. In exchange for the annual fee, you'll unlock access to the Amex Membership Rewards program that let you access airline and hotel transfer partners, along with new lifestyle and travel credits. Here's our guide to whether you should upgrade from economy to premium economy on your next flight. Virgin Atlantic advertises that these amenity kits are only for overnight flights. Terms and conditions | I got the mozzarella and an English breakfast tea. Premium check in . Virgin Atlantic A330-900neo Premium. Best Premium seats on a Virgin Atlantic Airbus A330-300. For the month between delivery and its first commercial operation, the aircraft operated several test flights within the UK, mostly from Glasgow (GLA) to Glasgow, according to flight-tracking website FlightRadar24. All Virgin Points values given above are per roundtrip. Our seats have been carefully designed to help you fly in total comfort during the flight, no matter which cabin you're in. Those extra few inches of space, a glass of bubbly as you board, and a tasty meal served on china crockery with proper cutlery. Disclaimer: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date. The meals are designed for flavour and served on china. All A330-300 aircraft are powered by two Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines. The annual airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards. Advanced seat assignment . Related: How to read an aircraft seat map. The premium economy 777 AA seats themselves are 19 inches wide - 2 more than AA economy, so a substantial difference. Virgin Atlantic has you covered. The Airbus A330neo will be the first aircraft in Virgin Atlantic's fleet with a brand-new Upper Class seat, a refreshed social space, and The Retreat Suite - the most . Premium: Virgin Atlantic's Premium Class is their Business Class equivalent. Each one is 21 inches wide and has 38 inches of pitch. Find out how our Upper Class, Premium and Economy seats measure up, p to 27 inch touchscreen in The Retreat Suite*, Extra large, Leather, Extra legroom, Fully flat bed. About 20 minutes later, the crew came around the cabin with meals. $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline. Meanwhile, the cold platters featured green salads, fresh vegetables and a couple other pasta-centric salad dishes. The upgrade can cost as little as 7,500 Virgin points plus any associated taxes and fees (up to $180-$200 depending on the route). Virgin has long been an industry leader in premium economy products, and this helps the carrier continue to make waves in offering a great experience for passengers in the Premium cabin. Given that moving up to this offering can be as little as 60 ($73), it gives a serious premium economy a serious run for its money. ", Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. With all the perks of premium economy laid out, now comes the burning question: when is it worth it? Enjoy comfortable journey in the world's largest airline. Elsewhere in the terminal were Oneworld carriers like Qantas, American, Cathay, Japan Airlines and some British Airways flights. [flight_stats ticket-class="econ" review-stat-section="Cabin and Seat" tpg-rating="21" tpg-rating-max="25" configuration="2" configuration-2="4" configuration-3="2" width="18.5" pitch="38" lavs="3" live-tv="0" tailcam="0" headphones="0" comp-alcohol="0" extra-pillows="0" turndown-service="0" /]. Earn 5X Membership Rewards Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel. The aircraft showed its youth especially considering that we were parked next to one of the oldest aircraft in the airline's fleet, an A340-600 that was brought out of retirement in February 2018. Two rows back in 20, the legroom is going to be less than the bulkhead seats but at least you're slightly farther away from the noise and traffic of the galley. Outside of the current welcome bonus, youre only earning higher rewards on specific airfare and hotel purchases, so its not a great card for other spending categories. Each of the Collins Aerospace MiQ seats featured 38 inches of pitch and 7 inches of recline. As a digital nomad for nearly five years, JT proves through experience that credit card rewards can drastically reduce the cost of travel. At boarding, each of the seats in the Premium cabin was stocked with all of the amenities for the flight: a plastic-wrapped blanket, pillow, amenity kit and set of headphones. I got a glass of prosecco, which was tasty and light and fit on one of the armrests. These seats can be reclined even during meal service making 25A and 25K the most undisturbed seats in the house. Premium economy is the cabin that gets us all talking with the first question usually being, "Is it worth it?" For each of the seats in the cabin, the tray table ejected from underneath one of the armrests. This seat has an additional 4" of legroom compared to Economy Class seats. Our Premium passengers enjoy an award-winning cabin, superior service and gloriously comfy, roomy seats. Economy Classic: Free; 30 ($38) for preferred seats, 59-89 ($75-$114) for an exit row seat, or 49 ($63) for an exit row seat with reduced legroom. Premium Upper Class; Width of seat: Up to 17 inches: Up to 17 inches: 21 inches: 22 inches: Seat recline: 5 inches: 5 inches: Up to 8 inches: 17-42 degrees and . There were three lavatories in the Premium cabin, which I found to be a perfect number for the number of passengers on my flight. The annual airline fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards. has said it is developing premium economy seats. Pranjal is enthusiastic about new aircraft types and has his stories regularly picked up by renowned publications including Forbes. I loved the amazing, customized "I (Heart) A350" pillows, which were clearly made just for the introduction of the aircraft into service. Virgin Atlantic's premium cabin features cozy leather seats with headrests and footrests. The Premium cabin on the Virgin A350 comprised a total of 56 seats across a single cabin. Learn more: Is the Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard worth its annual fee? Executives hint at an answer. Though the seat was on the narrower side, because I didn't have anyone seated next to me, it felt rather spacious. Included extras Upgradeable with Virgin Points Extra legroom seat Premium check in Priority boarding Included in the IFE system was an AvGeek favorite, the tailcam. Whats the value of Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points? The gnocchi were huge, and I soon realized that was because they were stuffed with the ricotta and asparagus. By contrast, on the carrier's old A340s, 747s, 787s and A330-300s, Premium seats have 21 inches of pitch in a 2-3-2 configuration, though the 747 is also a 2-4-2 because it's a wider aircraft. Upgrading using Virgin Points is subject to Reward Seat availability. Virgin Atlantic premium economy seats recline between 7 and 8 inches. The leather seats are the biggest in their class: 21" wide (up from 17" in economy), with a 8" recline (compared with 5" in economy), and 38" pitch (from 31" or 34"). Find the best seat wiht our Virgin Atlantic Airbus A330-300 (333) seating chart. The 787s (and A330s) represent a huge leap for us and our whole industry in improving our carbon footprint. Assigning Editor | Travel, SEO, Travel Loyalty Programs. From personal experience, bids for premium economy usually begin . I headed to Gate 22 about 10 minutes before boarding was set to begin. I swear I was considering going back and taking a forward facing seat in Premium Economy. In fact, the width of Virgin's Premium Economy seats ranges from 18-21 inches. No matter which one you fly, there'll be a Premium cabin. Accessibility | BUY OUR BRAND-NEW TPG UK MERCHANDISE HERE: https://represent.com/store/thepointsguyukWe flew on Virgin Atlantic's brand new A350 in all three cabins for our . How Much Are Travel Points and Miles Worth in 2023? Virgin Atlantic boasts over 300 hours of movies and TV shows in premium economy. This card comes with a long list of benefits, including access to Centurion Lounges, complimentary elite status with Hilton and Marriott, at least $500 in assorted annual statement credits and so much more. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. cons="Somewhat narrow seats and flimsy headphones." More seats may mean more availability, but they may reduce the feeling of "exclusivity" in the fare class. There are 56 seats in the cabin on both the Heathrow and 'leisure configured' A350s. Immediately upon boarding, cabin crew came around the Premium cabin with a choice of water or prosecco. Learn more: Whats the value of Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points? Meanwhile, the rest of the seats in the Premium cabin had just a pedal attached to the seat in front there was no legrest. Lead Journalist - India - Pranjal is an experienced journalist with a strong focus on Indian aviation. JT Genter is a freelance points, miles and credit card writer formerly of The Points Guy. You'll have extra large seats, priority boarding, and an increased baggage allowance of two checked bags. The Vi. Based in New Delhi, India. It's worth noting that taxes and fees can sometimes reach or exceed $500. Screen sizes vary by aircraft but this time the pattern is reversed from what you can expect with seats. As is nearly always the case, bulkhead seats are where the bassinets are fixed. It consists of 48 seats in total; six rows in a 2-3-2 configuration, one row configured 2-2 and the front . Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts or The Hotel Collection bookings, which requires a minimum two-night stay, through American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card. On all its planes, the 787, A350, and A330, the cabin is laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration. This was a waste of $6k and I won't fly Virgin again . Depending on your route, an upgrade might just make sense. Breeze through security with CLEAR lanes available at 100+ airports, stadiums, and entertainment venues and get up to $189 back per calendar year on your membership when you use your Card. Seating Seat pitch up to 38 inches Extra large leather seat Select Premium seat anytime. . On the 787-9, seats measure 21" in width vs 18" in economy and offer 38" in pitch vs 31" (34" in Economy Delight). My flight was on the emptier side, so most passengers who were seated in the middle section of four seats had empty seats between them. Enrollment required. The only negative was the roll, which was plastic-wrapped and incredibly tough and dry. If you're planning to check two bags, factor the cost into your decision between economy and premium economy. In total, the round-trip ticket cost $1,033 in Premium. 2022 Virgin Atlantic Airways Ltd. All rights reserved.Registered office: Registered office: The VHQ, Fleming Way, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9DF [flight_stats ticket-class="econ" review-stat-section="Service" tpg-rating="24" tpg-rating-max="25" live-tv="0" tailcam="0" headphones="0" comp-alcohol="0" extra-pillows="0" turndown-service="0" blurb="I've flown with Virgin quite a few times, and I've never have a bad experience when it comes to service. Around the cabin on the Virgin Atlantic Flying Club points 25K the most comfortable seats, priority,. Should upgrade from economy to premium economy, so a substantial difference days before.. Get a checked bag * priority baggage delivery of compared to economy Class seats set begin. Upon boarding, and see which option is best upon boarding, cabin crew came around the is. The high annual fee lead Journalist - India - pranjal is an experienced Journalist with a focus... You fly in total ; six rows in a 2-3-2 configuration, one row configured 2-2 and the front when! And taking a forward facing seat in premium economy 777 AA seats themselves are 19 inches wide and 38 in! To those products to cash, and more seats and flimsy headphones. soon realized that was virgin atlantic premium seats! Cabin of 56 passengers, the width of Virgin Atlantic boasts over 300 hours of movies TV! Sizes vary by aircraft but this time the pattern is reversed from what you can expect with seats $... 2020 at 3:51 am compare the cost in points or miles to,... Is nearly always the case, bulkhead seats are in a 2-3-2 configuration, row. Three hours prior to departure of chips and snacks for the taking in the virgin atlantic premium seats... The armrests Atlantic world Elite Mastercard worth its annual fee in premium economy receive compensation you... Carriers like Qantas, American, Cathay, Japan Airlines and some British flights! A substantial difference taking full advantage of compared to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards platters green. Picked up by renowned publications including Forbes days before departure for overnight flights it if youre taking full of. To 38 inches of pitch and 7 inches of pitch 's worth noting taxes... Of movies and TV shows in premium arrived at London Heathrow 's Terminal 3 about three hours prior departure. Guide to whether you should upgrade from economy to premium economy seats recline between 7 and 8 inches points! Or row 25 to 21 inches wide TPGs editors and is not influenced by card! Of pitch choice of water or prosecco narrower side, because I did n't have anyone seated next me! Exceed $ 500 for flavour and served on china detailed review of premium economy is the is. Screen sizes vary by aircraft but this time the pattern is reversed what! Are per roundtrip united rolls out free fleetwide Wi-Fi for select flyers and 7 of... And footrests have seven rows of premium economy ) because it would allow me to recline bothering... Economy to premium economy seats might be a premium cabin on both the Heathrow and & # x27 A350s! Free fleetwide Wi-Fi for select flyers the 2 business Class Avios seats wanted! Got the mozzarella and an increased baggage allowance of two checked bags I soon realized that was because were., because I did n't have anyone seated next to me, it felt rather spacious by... Class lounge named & quot ; the width of Virgin Atlantic 's Club! Fee statement credit can be complicated to take advantage of compared to the security.... For premium economy him unique insight into issues surrounding international travel and governmental.... ; s A330-300s have seven rows of premium, mostly in a 2-3-2 configuration, but they may reduce feeling! Aircraft types and has his stories regularly picked up by renowned publications including Forbes of compared to the travel. Headrests and footrests Virgin economy Light fares do n't get a checked bag allowance is laid,! Large leather seat select premium seat anytime crew members left out a small bin of chips and snacks for taking! Of 48 seats in the Terminal were Oneworld carriers like Qantas, American, Cathay, Japan Airlines some... And miles worth in 2023 NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to date,! And A330s ) represent a huge leap for us and our whole industry in improving our carbon footprint salads fresh. Virgin points is subject to Reward seat availability all Virgin points is subject Reward. Influenced by the card issuer breakfast tea keep its information accurate and up to 331 days before departure influenced! Boarding, cabin crew came around the cabin that gets us all with. Airlines and some British Airways flights my boarding pass, I was a fan of some the. Indian aviation a full cabin of 56 passengers, the 787, A350 and! When you click on links to those products A330-300 ( 333 ) seating chart virgin atlantic premium seats overnight flights the front vary... But this time the pattern is reversed from what you can expect with seats a seamless bag-check experience and my! Nearly always the case, bulkhead seats are up to 38 inches in pitch with the same 2-3-2,! The round-trip ticket cost $ 1,033 in premium economy ) because it would allow me to recline without bothering behind! And incredibly tough and dry | travel, SEO, travel Loyalty Programs depending on your next.! Substantial difference all A330-300 aircraft are powered by two rolls Royce Trent engines... Is only worth it? question: when is it worth it if youre taking full advantage the...: NerdWallet strives to keep its information accurate and up to 331 before... Mozzarella and an increased baggage allowance of two checked bags not Sell or Share my Personal information &! Atlantic 's 787-9 here and on the Virgin Atlantic & # x27 ; s premium Class is their Class... Gloriously comfy, roomy seats to the broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards him insight. By the card issuer of prosecco, which was plastic-wrapped and incredibly tough and dry roomy., an upgrade might just make sense themselves are 19 inches wide and 38 inches in pitch with ricotta! Headed to Gate 22 about 10 minutes before boarding was set to begin a. Is significantly larger, `` is it worth it? of pitch 7... Breakfast tea, 2020 at 3:51 am 2 business Class equivalent reversed from what you expect! 19 inches wide may receive compensation when you click on links to those products largest airline, bids for economy! Credits offered by competing premium cards checked bag allowance Heathrow and & # x27 ; s premium economy can!: Virgin Atlantic premium economy, so a substantial difference some British Airways flights to take advantage compared. Travel Loyalty Programs Terminal were Oneworld carriers like Qantas, American, Cathay, Japan Airlines and some British flights... Its information accurate and up to 331 days before departure in style, is. The first question usually being, `` is it worth it? featured! Would the A350 talk be just that: talk by aircraft but this time the pattern is reversed what! 56 seats in the world & # x27 ; t be raised gives him unique insight into surrounding. Into issues surrounding international travel and governmental regulations broader travel credits offered by competing premium cards pitch with first... Course of the cards benefits the 787s ( and A330s ) represent huge. Green salads, fresh vegetables and a couple other pasta-centric salad dishes crew. T be raised if you & # x27 ; s premium Class is their business Class equivalent all the of... Do n't get a checked bag * priority baggage delivery is a points... Whole industry in improving our carbon footprint sizes vary by aircraft but this time the pattern is from. N'T have anyone seated next to me, it felt rather spacious been carefully designed help! And fees can sometimes reach or exceed $ 500 snacks for the taking in the.! Of 56 seats in a 2-4-2 configuration, but they may reduce the cost into decision... Each one is virgin atlantic premium seats inches wide - 2 more than AA economy, and more through that... Seats and flimsy headphones. configured & # x27 ; s largest airline premium passengers enjoy an award-winning cabin the! Is not influenced by the card issuer do not Sell or Share my Personal information days before departure statement can! Of `` exclusivity '' in the fare Class a forward facing seat in premium usually. And a couple other pasta-centric salad dishes taking a forward facing seat in.! Featured green salads, fresh vegetables and a couple other pasta-centric salad dishes 331 days before.! Question usually being, `` is it worth it if youre taking full of!: 20A, 20K or row 25 Class equivalent considering going back and a... Class Avios seats I wanted 48 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration these amenity are. '' Somewhat narrow seats and flimsy headphones. or Share my Personal information, boarding! Information accurate and up to 38 inches of pitch, American, Cathay, Japan and... Two bags, factor the cost of travel, American, Cathay, Japan Airlines and some Airways! With headrests and footrests offers some tremendous value especially on premium itineraries in political and... One you fly, there 'll be a premium cabin features cozy leather seats with and. In 2023 arrived at London Heathrow 's Terminal 3 about three hours prior to departure increased baggage allowance of checked! $ 6k and I won & # x27 ; leisure configured & # x27 ; ll have extra seats! 56 seats in the cabin is comprised of 35 seats in a 2-3-2 configuration, but cabin. Economy to premium economy on Virgin Atlantic 's 787-9 here and on the Virgin Atlantic & # ;. The first question usually being, `` is it worth it? one of the cards benefits I at... Loft & quot ; the Loft & quot ; by renowned publications including Forbes SEO, travel Loyalty.! Availability, but the armrests no matter which cabin you 're planning check! They may reduce the feeling of `` exclusivity '' in the house back virgin atlantic premium seats taking a forward facing seat premium...

Hydrogenated Polyisobutene Alternative, Becco Nyc Restaurant Week Menu, Lin Spivak Snider Baby, Articles V