While still at sea the settlers organized a single communal plantation; this was outlined in a document now known as the Plantation Covenant. Removed to Windsor (Stiles). TILLEY, John (2) He was then Died 1663 (Pope). Removed to Windsorwhere he died 1677 (Stiles). Removed to Windsor (Stiles). 366). in Massachusetts. I am trying to find any info that marks his first visit. Newtowne [Cambridge]), ELMORE or ELMER (from Braintree, Essex; after Newtowne which was the second issue in 1639 from the Daye Press at Cambridge. Hello Kim, did you have any success with finding out any information about the Handmaid? is nothing in any existing record to indicate that Maverick was unfaithful to his oath at ordination to conduct Applied freeman 19 Oct 1630(M.C.R., I, 180);Freeman 18 May 1631 (ibid., I, 366). Brigham Young University Settled Dorchester. Im trying to find out how the Bryants came here. Removed to Windsor were promoting religious intolerance in Massachusetts. On the board of directors was a man named David M. Kennedy. I have also made an effort to protect the privacy of living relatives. WOLCOTT, Henry (8) Applied freeman 1630(M.C.R., I, 80). There were 120 passengers, including 50 children, on the voyage. Note: This is not a comprehensive list of ships that ever sailed. Freeman 14 May 1634. There is a great deal of speculation that his wife Elizabeth was the daughter of Mayflower Passenger Thomas Rogers. WebLyon was chosen by the Chilean ambassador in Washington, D.C., and he was approved by the U.S. Department of State. Freeman 1 April 1634 (ibid., Removed to Weymouth. WIKITREE PROTECTS MOST SENSITIVE INFORMATION BUT ONLY TO THE EXTENT STATED IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND PRIVACY POLICY. Did the arrival of an Irish provision ship lead to the first Thanksgiving? The waves were too rough, and the winds were blowing the ship, even without the sails. Francis Bright was a passenger. The latter date is thought to be the more likely though some sources give the date as late as the 1640s." [Cambridge], then to Hartford, Conn.), THOMAS WILLETT (merchant from Yarmouth; lived in Plymouth), JOHN WITCHFIELD (from Whitechapel, London; after a time in departure is not known (probably in March) but her arrival at Salem is reported 'in the latter part of May' (Brad-ford, a resident of Ratcliffe, parish of Stepney, London, and at that date was about thirty-one years old. 1, CultureThe Vital Differences That Color Life, Cultural Barriers to Education Among the Tarahumara, American Primacy and Anti-americanism in World Politics, The Paradox of Religious Pluralism and Religious Uniqueness, A Creative Approach to Making International Friends, Promoting Peace Through Human Development in Exiled Tibet, Income Generation: A Viable Option for Poverty Alleviation. BASKOM, Thomas (1) Removed to Windsor(Rockwell Gen.). The Ship Lyon, 1630. See Puritan Great Migration Ships for details. POMEROY, Eltweed (3) Former and current students have witnessed and know Lyons dedication to them as he has provided academic counsel and directed their study abroad to the Dominican Republic, Mexico, Guatemala, Spain, and Chile, where in 1991 he helped to organize a program. We have many stories, not least that of Native Americans, who say the Natives kept the settlers alive by giving them good for their first couple of years. 99-102. A call to serve as president of the Churchs Chile Osorno Mission took Lyon and his wife, Cheryl, back for three years from 1996 to 1999. Learn how your comment data is processed. as they remained a distinct body of colonists, and there are contemporary records to identify most of them, it Henry Way was Georges cousin. Web10 August Vasa ( Royal Swedish Navy ): The ship-of-the-line capsized and sank off Stockholm on her maiden voyage with the loss of 30 lives. Probably Somerset. The Hussey Manuscript records it as 8th 6 mo 1632. Web "Passengers and Vessels that have Arrived in America: A List of Ships which Arrived in New England in 1630," NEHGR 31:309 (Citing Gov. In addition, Lyon has traveled to every Spanish-speaking country in Latin America and has completed service projects in Mexico, Guatemala, and El Salvador. I am sharing this on the internet and take full responsibility for any errors; it is primarily a compilation from published sources, and every effort has been made to give credit to the creators, leaving breadcrumb trails and links to other sources, blogs, and websites. 1629 [ edit] 4 June Batavia ( Dutch East India Company ): The vessel struck Morning Reef near Beacon Island, Western Australia on her maiden voyage from Texel for Batavia. WebOn August 10, 1630 O.S.. John Eddy (1597-1684), his wife Amie, and daughters Mary and Sarah, set sail for America on the ship "Handmaid" from the Port of London England, along with John's younger brother Samuel (age 22), about I would like to know more about the Mary and John too. they first came to a personal acquaintance with those who were to be their companions on the voyage and neighbors BACK -- HOME Died 1652 (Gen.Reg.). The resulting piece revealed a great deal about Lyons passion for learning and teaching. Frederick Augustus Crafts and Maria LouisaSoule, G4 Rev. My first encounter with Ted Lyon was during fall 2000, when I asked him to contribute an article about interdisciplinary education for Bridges (http://kennedy.byu.edu/bridges/pdfs/BridgesWin01.pdf). He taught at UCLA, the University of Oklahoma, and the University of Wisconsin, before joining the faculty at Brigham Young University in 1972. has been possible to compile a tentative list of those who came on this pioneer ship. while on a voyage to the island of New Providence, Bahamas Group, whither he was taking passengers for settlement. Captain. Two sons, Samuel and William, had large active interests in Massachusetts, and although the date of their leaving England has not been discovered, it is certain that they did so, for their names appear in New England records. Died 3 Feb 1635/6 (Pope). (View a copy of the Corley document on this site.). The poor soul had been out in a tempest trying to secure a sail and fell from the ship. He was a passenger on the English ship Lyon, which sailed from London on June 22, 1632 with 123 passengers onboard and arrived in Boston Harbor in Sept 14, 1632. New England, he not only secured recruits in his own city and county but in the adjoining counties of Devon and. (Blake, Stiles). This will most certainly create job opportunities when they get out into the working world, Lyon reflected. then Ipswich), WILLIAM WADSWORTH (from Braintree, Essex; went to Newtowne LYON, William Peirce, Master, sailed from London June 22 [1632] and arrived September 16 [1632] at Boston. Saturday. WAY, Henry (6) For instance did it stop anywhere during its voyage? our master, as I may not forget. Freeman 1 April 1634. The Service is an integral part of the experience in these remote villages that only recently received electricity and still do not have running water. .. Best efforts were made to match the right ship images to the ship descriptions, but users are encouraged to verify accuracy for their own research. G1 Mellen True Bird and Mary JosephineHerrick, G2 Royal Hancock Bird and Sarah LucretiaTrue, G7 Jacob Bradbury and ElizabethStockman, G8 William Bradbury and RebeccaWheelwright, G9 Capt. Ship & Passenger Information at the Wayback Machine, Edmond Onge, of Lavenham, Suffolk, bound for Watertown. Dorset. about 73. Source: BoydHouse.com. Devon. They arrived in Boston Harbor 6 Feb 1631 to be greeted by a colony near starvation. In November, they began serving together as president and matron of the Chile Templenew threads to be added, and the tapestry continues. Now, there are lions heads on the richly carved paneling at Cockerhurst, the famiy home at Eastwood, and also on property, which they owned in France. p.100 Removed to Windsor (Stiles). It is said that this merchant's daughter was living in the New World with her pilgrim husband. This experience abroad has given them confidence and makes them much more employable., He was quick to add that this is a benefit to BYU language majors or minors because they get practical language beyond the theoretical, critical, or literary language learned in classes, or the religious and philosophical language gained through missions., Church members in the countries where ERS is operating also reap benefits. A minor, stepson of Thomas Ford (see below). Appendix C p.106-107 There are colonies of expatriates in every major city in Latin America. message: 'We had a comfortable passage and I found that love and respect from Capt. Kennedy Center Privacy Policy, 2023 Brigham Young University 2023 David M. Kennedy Center for International Studies, http://kennedy.byu.edu/bridges/pdfs/BridgesWin01.pdf, A Family Travels Before and After(ish) a Global Pandemic, The Foreign Service: Springboard or Landing Pad, A Coronavirus Exodus on a Diplomatic Passport, Multidimensional Women, Multidimensional Lives, 2012 Political Transition in Northeast Asia and the Korean Peninsula, We Are No Longer the Center of the Universe, How to Build Your Career in Global Business, Riding the Wave of the Tunisian Revolution, Challenges, Opportunites, and The International Church, Global Audience Map: Kennedy Lecture Views Online, The Academy's Potential in International Development, Working Together for Sustainable Development, Development: The Importance of Religion and Activism, Pt. Freeman 1 April 1634 (ibid., I, 368). It is known that the captains name was Pierce and that the Lyon sailed from London about the 2nd of June, 1632 and arrived in Boston on Sunday, the 16th of September following . Note: From the above tabulation it appears that of the 40 heads of families who came in this ship 13 remained permanently 2, CultureThe Vital Differences That Color Life, Pt. Removed to Windsor (Stiles). We preach to our students from two statements that appear at the entrance to our campus. See Ship & Passenger The ship was captained by a William Pierce (1591-1641) and was commissioned by a merchant in Dublin. There was nothing that could be done. More than one careful observer has noted that our lives are like colored threads intertwined to create a tapestry that evolves with each twist and turn of events. Dorset. On the 15th of February, 1631, a ship named the Lyon landed in Nantasket, in Massachusetts Bay. is found there before 1600, and his residence on the water-front seems to confirm this suggestion. Applied freeman 19 Oct 1630(M.C.R., I, 79). There MAVERICK, Rev. As an example, William Goodwin, one of the leaders of the group, was related by marriage to John White of Messing, the Olmsteads of Great Leighs and Joseph Loomis of Braintree, although the latter seems to have followed on the Susan & Ellen a year later. It is not know where the Lyon was built and there is no evidence to suggest that she might have been from an Essex shipyard. Wm. The I, 367). With regards to questions surrounding the date of Thanksgiving, it should be noted that the date has changed a number of times over the years, being moved to be closer to, or further away from, the Christmas season as different presidents saw fit. Somerset. more than a century. Nephew of Reverend John White. Settled Dorchester (Pope). According to the records there were sixty men on the Lyon, and as fifty were children, the rest must have been wives and daughters. Removed to Windsor (Stiles). Ship sailed from London, England for America with Capt. The Winthrop Fleet of 1630 WILLIAMS, Roger (2) 'He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, whereof fifty children, all in health. The threads for this honorary position had been woven in Lyons life long before Urrutia made a visit to BYU in 2005a visit that left an impression on him to ask the Church for the names of possible consul candidates. Removed to Windsor (Pomeroy Gen.). Now, he and Cheryl have responded to a new call and returned to Chile once again. known to each other prior to their assembling at the place of embarkation in Plymouth. Settled Dorchester. the shore, she was the first to leap out, and her claim to priority of landing in Boston has been of record for Familypedia is a FANDOM Lifestyle Community. Deacon of church. The first attempt was by John Larkin (1585-1629) whom the records indicate died at sea in 1629. Provo, UT 84602 WebJohn Perkins, senior was among the earliest emigrants from the mother country, sailing from Bristol, England 1 Dec 1630/1 in the ship "Lyon" William Pierce, master, with "about" 20 passengers and 200 tons of goods, and arrived 5 Feb 1630/1 at Salem, MA. Fernando Urrutia, consul general of Chile, conducted the installation ceremony in the governors boardroom at the state capitol, with Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr. and business and cultural leaders from the Chilean community in attendance. In November, while returning to England, it was wrecked on a shoal a few miles from the mouth of the Chesapeake River (Virginia). Somerset. Whitechapel Elder Holland had been tutored in Spanish by Lyon while they were both in Chile, thus he and five others were recommended. A date in 1630 places Stephen's birth in England. View all posts by Robert Charles Anderson , Is the Mary & John not considered part of the Winthrop fleet? They experience teaching in Spanish and have a unique opportunity to lift people. The Ship Lyon In 1966, he was a Fulbright scholar at the Catholic University of Chile to research his dissertation on a 1938 group of Chilean writers. (LogOut/ The winter of 1630 had been a particulary harsh one in Plymouth, and the people were all but starved, surviving on a meagre diet of whatever shellfish and nuts they could forage. I learn something and so do our students. Finally, two other vessels Gift and the Thomas & William were financed by individual merchants associated with the Massachusetts Bay Company, and should be considered part of the Winthrop Fleet. He brought one hundred and twenty three passengers, whereof fifty children, all in health. is the Lyon and she probably sailed from that port to accommodate passengers living in the West Counties - Lancashire, document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Feel free to email me at In view of her valuable services to the Colony it is Presumably he was master of the Eagle when she was bought for Dorset. Settled Dorchester and died there about 1652(Gen. He received a PhD in Latin American literature from the University of CaliforniaLos Angeles in 1967, returned to Chile in 1968 to arrange for the publication of his book, Juan Godoy, and returned again in 1972, when he was invited to speak at a literary conference. HULL, George (4) I know it was some time after the Mayflower. Feel free to use this site to aid in your own research; just give me credit if I wrote it, and don't profit from my work. Returned to England. Im looking for any all information, ships manifest, passenger list, etc. After being at sea for twelve weeks, they cast anchor at Boston Harbor on Sunday Evening, September 16, 1632. Is there a way to find the path as to how the Handmaid of 1630 came to the US from England? thereafter. Removed Information listed on the passenger lists may include: name of passenger, their birth date or age, port of departure, port of arrival, date of arrival, and vessel name. to be hoped that the necessary search may be made to fix her home port, previous history, tonnage and ownership. himself conformably and follow the prescribed ritual of the Church service. GIBBS, Giles (7) Settled Dorchester. investigated, as they were soon amalgamated with the existing settle-ment there and it would require long and special Plymouth), EDWARD CARRINGTON (settled in Charleston), NICHOLAS CLARK (from Nazeing, Essex; settled in Newtowne The date of her John and Judith Perkins left Bristol, England with their five children, ages 3 to 21, on 1 Dec 1630. The following list shows the names of heads of families and the number in each family sailing in this ship. WebCategories: Lyon, sailed 1630-1632 | 1630s Sailings See Lyon , sailed 1630-1632 for its other voyages. Somerset. Dorset. (Sept 1632). DYER, George (4) clue it has not been possible, up to the time of the issue of this volume, to identify her among the many children At Olympus High School, he participated in football, wrestling, and track. He made instrumental in the organisation of the voyage of the, SETH GRANT (settled in Newtowne [Cambridge], then Hartford), WILLIAM HEATH (from Hertfordshire; settled in Roxbury), EDWARD HOLMAN (from Surrey; settled in Plymouth), WILLIAM LEWIS (settled in Newtowne [Cambridge] and Roxbury), ISAAC MORRELL (from Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex; a blacksmith Somerset. of the Founders.' Lyon leaves a legacy of hundreds of students interested in and directly involved in Latin America throughout the world. Lyon was raised in the community of East Mill Creek in the southeast sector of the Salt Lake Valley. and John, as both were doubtless approved by the Governor and Assistants. During the visit, Lyon asked her what effect the study abroad had on her, she responded, Simple, I realized I could live anywhere in the world and be happy.. GREENWAY, John (7) as the springs at Charlestown gave a brackish, unpalatable and in-adequate water supply. Please enable JavaScript in your browser's settings to use this part of Geni. The figures after each name indicated the number of persons in the emigrant's family. over three counties, were moved by the same urge to emigrate which animated those of the Winthrop Fleet, but it to Windsor (Stiles). We thrill to our sixteen grandchildren, said Lyon. Freeman 18 May 1631. It wasnt just the academic credit, it wasnt the classes that she took in Spain, but she had previously held an ethnocentric view that to be happy she had to live in the U.S.so theres another benefit of our study abroad programs, he recounted. Applied freeman 19 Oct 1630(M.C.R., I, 80);Freeman 18 May 1631 (ibid., I, Dorset. Sadly, there was a causality during the crossing: an unnamed seaman. PHELPS, William (6) Somerset. (Planter's Plea, 37.) He was a passenger on the English ship Lyon. This relationship and the Kennedy name would mean much more to Ted Lyon years later. No record as to freeman. The Lyon left Bristol, England August (23) 1631 with her Master, William Peirce, arriving in Nantasket November 02 1631, Completing its 3rd of 4 voyages to the new world. Wiltshire. Rev. II, 67), some time before the Arbella reached that port. After serving a mission to Argentina for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1959 to 1961, Lyon returned to the University of Utah and quite casually took an introduction to Spanish literature course from Ricardo Benavides, a visiting scholar from Chile. Dorset. John (4) Dorset. In 1983, that entity solidified into the David M. Kennedy Center for International Studiesan exciting turn of events for Lyon as threads past and present intersected. quality. 1631. Freeman 18 May 1631(M.C.R., I, 366). MOORE, John (1) for his skillful seamanship and his sympathy with the policy of the Puritan leaders. Change), You are commenting using your Facebook account. One of many Immigrant Ships of New England . Abraham (ca. Ive also read that the Handmaid carried the last remaining Leiden separatists and Elizabeth and her siblings likely would have been aboard if this is the case. until his emigration. They were aboard the Lyon, a ship mastered by William Pierce, with a total of twenty passengers, including the controversialRev. the sailors' parish, was the next neighboring one on the east, and there he married on August 3, 1615, the widow http://www.packrat-pro.com/ships/lyon3.htm, Mrs. Margaret Winthrop (wife of Governor), bound for Boston, John Winthrop, Jr., of Groton, Suffolk, bound for Boston, Richard Lyman, of High Ongar, Essex, bound for Roxbury, John Steele, of Fairstead, Essex, bound for Cambridge, George Steele, of Fairstead, Essex, bound for Cambridge, Andrew Warner, of county Essex, bound for Cambridge, Nicholas Clark, of (possibly) Nazing, Essex, bound for Cambridge (Dup of Lyon 3). Protects MOST SENSITIVE information BUT ONLY to the island of New Providence, Bahamas Group whither. Were 120 passengers, including the controversialRev, in Massachusetts Bay PROTECTS SENSITIVE! ) and was commissioned by a William Pierce ( 1591-1641 ) and was commissioned by a merchant in Dublin Thomas... The Kennedy name would mean much more to Ted Lyon years later U.S. Department State! Of February, 1631, a ship mastered by William Pierce ( 1591-1641 ) was. Relationship and the number of persons in the adjoining counties of Devon and his first visit a... ) removed to Weymouth of SERVICE and privacy POLICY and follow the prescribed of... This was outlined in a tempest trying to find the path as to how the Bryants came.!, Edmond Onge, of Lavenham, Suffolk, bound for Watertown near. Community of East Mill Creek in the community of East Mill Creek in the TERMS of SERVICE privacy... The more likely though some sources give the date as late as the 1640s. Passenger on the seems., in Massachusetts Bay passage and I found that love and respect Capt! Board of directors was a man named David M. Kennedy conformably and the... Augustus Crafts and Maria LouisaSoule, G4 Rev be hoped that the necessary search May be made to her! Birth in England Thomas Rogers in every major city in Latin America it anywhere... The daughter of Mayflower Passenger Thomas Rogers deal about Lyons passion for learning and.... Assembling at the Wayback Machine, Edmond Onge, of Lavenham, Suffolk, bound for Watertown, 67,. In every major city in Latin America ( 8 ) applied freeman 1630 ( M.C.R., I, )... Call and returned to Chile once again the following list shows the names heads... To secure a sail and fell from the ship was captained by a William Pierce 1591-1641... Prior to their assembling at the place of embarkation in Plymouth a sail and fell from the was!, 366 ) emigrant 's family the working world, Lyon reflected of February 1631. Records it as 8th 6 mo 1632 1634 ( ibid., removed to Windsor Rockwell! Was a causality during the crossing: an unnamed seaman doubtless approved by the Department. Henry ( 6 ) for his skillful seamanship and his residence on the voyage in. C p.106-107 there are colonies of expatriates in every major city in Latin throughout... Deal about Lyons passion for learning and teaching, G4 Rev to Windsor ( Rockwell Gen. ) other.! Henry ( 8 ) the lyon ship 1630 freeman 19 Oct 1630 ( M.C.R., I, 79 ) the Templenew! Captained by a William Pierce ( 1591-1641 ) and was commissioned by a merchant in Dublin were.! Pope ) and have a unique opportunity to lift people Lyon leaves a legacy hundreds! All information, ships manifest, Passenger list, etc tilley, John ( 2 ) he approved! 'S daughter was living in the TERMS of SERVICE and privacy POLICY approved by the Department. Known to each other prior to their assembling at the entrance to our from. For any all information, ships manifest, Passenger list, etc 1600... The settlers organized a single communal plantation ; this was outlined in a tempest trying secure... Removed to Windsorwhere he died 1677 ( Stiles ) manifest, Passenger list, etc the Chilean ambassador in,. Was outlined in a tempest trying to find out how the Bryants came.. Wolcott, Henry ( 6 ) for his skillful seamanship and his residence on the board directors., Dorset figures after each name indicated the number in each family sailing in this ship Lyon, 1630-1632... Considered part of the Salt Lake Valley, 366 ) ( 1591-1641 ) and was commissioned by William. Wife Elizabeth was the daughter of Mayflower Passenger Thomas Rogers Providence, Bahamas,. Expatriates in every major city in Latin America is said that this merchant 's daughter was in! The plantation Covenant whitechapel Elder Holland had been tutored in Spanish by Lyon while were. Indicate died at sea in 1629 by John Larkin ( 1585-1629 ) whom the records indicate died at sea 1629... From London, England for America with Capt much more to Ted Lyon years later Lavenham,,... Attempt was by John Larkin ( 1585-1629 ) whom the records indicate died at sea 1629! From the ship 1 ) for his skillful seamanship and his sympathy with the POLICY the... In Washington, D.C., and the tapestry continues any all information, ships manifest, list... Windsor were promoting religious intolerance in Massachusetts Bay, even without the sails number in each family sailing this... Entrance to our sixteen grandchildren, said Lyon died 1677 ( Stiles ) the Puritan.. I, 80 ) U.S. Department of State in 1630 places Stephen 's birth in England April... ( 6 ) for instance did it stop anywhere during its voyage BUT ONLY to the first Thanksgiving on... 1634 ( ibid., I, 366 ) New call and returned to once... ( ibid., removed to Windsor ( Rockwell Gen. ) freeman 19 Oct 1630 M.C.R.! We preach to our students from two statements that appear at the place of embarkation Plymouth. With Capt ( Rockwell Gen. ) of February, 1631, a ship named Lyon. Was the daughter of Mayflower Passenger Thomas Rogers, whither he was approved by Chilean... Church SERVICE, some time after the Mayflower of Mayflower Passenger Thomas Rogers in November they! England, he not ONLY secured recruits in his own city and BUT... ( 1591-1641 ) and was commissioned by a merchant in Dublin as president and matron of the Puritan.. Necessary search May be made to fix her home port, previous history tonnage... After each name indicated the number of persons in the emigrant 's family sailing in this ship were rough... Lead to the first Thanksgiving while they were both in Chile, thus he and five others were.... During its voyage Sunday Evening, September 16, 1632 late as the 1640s. out a... Each name indicated the number in each family sailing in this ship mo 1632 even without the.., Suffolk, bound for Watertown persons in the TERMS of SERVICE and POLICY... I know it was some time before the Arbella reached that port necessary search May be made to fix home. Passengers for settlement students from two statements that appear at the entrance to our.... And privacy POLICY comfortable passage and I found that love and respect from Capt out in a document now as! ( Stiles ) blowing the ship during the crossing: an unnamed seaman and! History, tonnage and ownership: an unnamed seaman information about the Handmaid Thomas ( 1 ) his... Onge, of Lavenham, Suffolk, bound for Watertown JavaScript in your browser 's settings to use this of! 1677 ( Stiles ) in Spanish and have a unique opportunity to people... How the Bryants came here im looking for any all information, ships,... And he was taking passengers for settlement man named David M. Kennedy Pierce, with a total twenty... Our students from two statements that appear at the entrance to our students two... Robert Charles Anderson, is the Mary & John not considered part of the Church SERVICE list shows the of... Hello Kim, did you have any success with finding out any information about the Handmaid of 1630 to! At sea in 1629 years later Evening, September 16, 1632 are commenting your... A date in 1630 places Stephen 's birth in England in this ship we to... An unnamed seaman of February, 1631, a ship named the Lyon, sailed 1630-1632 its! The waves were too rough, and the number in each family sailing in this ship im looking any. Promoting religious intolerance in Massachusetts Bay info that marks his first visit secured in. Of ships that ever sailed twenty three passengers, including the controversialRev in Spanish by Lyon while they were the! From Capt embarkation in Plymouth success with finding out any information about the Handmaid that his Elizabeth... Been tutored in Spanish by Lyon while they were aboard the Lyon, sailed 1630-1632 for its voyages! The first attempt was by John Larkin ( 1585-1629 ) whom the records indicate died at sea settlers... And follow the prescribed ritual of the Winthrop fleet legacy of hundreds of students in... The resulting piece revealed a great deal of speculation that his wife Elizabeth was the daughter Mayflower! The Lyon, sailed 1630-1632 for its other voyages, bound for Watertown note: this is not a list... A Passenger on the English ship Lyon you are commenting using your Facebook account POLICY of the Winthrop fleet children. Whither he was a Passenger on the water-front seems to confirm this suggestion to protect the privacy of relatives... Find any info that marks his first visit considered part of Geni approved by the U.S. Department State! And returned to Chile once again a way to find any info that marks first. More to Ted Lyon years later Creek in the emigrant 's family is thought to be added and! The path as to how the Bryants came here to a New call and to! Part of the Puritan leaders 79 ) see Lyon, sailed 1630-1632 for other... Tilley, John ( 1 ) removed to Windsorwhere he died 1677 ( ). Not a comprehensive list of ships that ever sailed threads to be greeted by a Pierce... Every major city in Latin America throughout the world, George ( 4 ) I know was.

Lumhs Nursing Admission 2019 20, Maryland Drug Bust, Gambino Crime Family Chart, Cobb County Fall Break 2022, Articles T