2) Makes a hard right hand turn. Reading the text and then watching the video and you save 9minutes? Copyright 2011 - 2014, 2015 by SwingSurgeon.com -, Swing Surgeon - Don Trahan Peak Performance Golf Swing. For most seniors the 3 wood needs to go into the closet. Am looking forward to getting my new clubs this/next week. Many golfers try to over-grip the club in an effort to stay in control of the ball, but this actually encourages a slicing motion. Everyone was hopeful that as soon as the water was cleared, no major damage would have occurred to the green. This dribblers you hit are a sign that you're hitting a glancing blow caused by artificial upward movement of the clubhead through impact. Your Thoughts and reminders are right on as usual. The Complete Set A driver, fairway woods, hybrids, irons and a putter, plus a premium carry or cart bag and high-quality head covers so you can open the box and hit the course. We all want to play consistent golf and hopefully the 5 common faults, along with the fixes below will help you play more consistent golf and shoot the scores you expect to shoot. Some good golf in prospect. whats the big difference when it comes to driver and iron swings and why do you struggle with a driver when your iron game is ok. From the start every drive was back to normal distance and continued that way the whole back nine. In order to stop hitting the golf ball so high, you need to first diagnose what is causing the problem. Overview Of Why You Can Hit Your Driver Well But Not Irons. If you catch the ball in the heel or toe of the club, you will lose ball speed. The increased MOI, accelerated ball speed and low spin of a driver makes it easier to launch. I dont know if its hard because its so light and Im used to the irons but anyway here you go . According to Golf Magazines Luke Kerr-Dineen, this setup prevents rotation and leads to slices, fluffs and shots out of the teeth. and Watney by 3 from Snedeker and 4 over Garcia [Woods T38th]. easier to hit higher lofted, shorter clubs: due to the loft and length of a 5 iron, it is much easier to hit a 7 iron. The last time my son bought a set of clubs (off the rack) he had the lie angles checked and they were all over the place. If you naturally have your hands pressed forward due to the position of the ball will make your swing more inconsistent which will affect your swing plane, as your hands will struggle to get back into a good position automatically; a neutral hand position is key to the driver consistency. Stop your weak grip and rotate the hands to make a neutral or strong grip. As Wilson explains, players tend to hunch over the shorter the shaft of a club becomes. Below I will provide great detail of these faults with a quality video to help you solve your issue. I had the same quality experience when my wife and I were there 3 years ago. Now I cannot hit my woods at all 300plus yard drivea are now 20 yards up or right lol and my long irons are out driving most my friends. Finally, the club that will help you hit 280 to 300 yards down the middle and forever change your game. Lightweight and Easy to Hit: Clubs are sized and weighted specifically for women's playing characteristics, with specs designed to improve the golfing experience. The lack of consistency from the laid off position is enough to drive a golfer crazy and is worth seeking a solution for. Par on the next hole with a good sand save and sort of got my confidence back.Made another 2 putt par and came to a par 5 along the river. Here we will discuss how much time you should spend playing, depending on your goals or motives. Our mission is to make this site the most helpful resource it can be, for all levels of Golf. It starts with the upper body and is difficult to manage. Be ready by the end of the week.Rural NZ, a lovely place to work. No wonder golfers find it harder to hit long irons. The current maximum length of a driver shaft is 48 inches and governing bodies are considering lowering it to 46 inches to combat the excessive distances that some golfer can hit the golf ball. In saying this fitted clubs will only take you so far you still need to know how to use them. I have come up with a likelihoods on the golf course that might as well be laws or "isms"- that which just "IS".If you think you might hit a shot long or short you will.If you hit a putt way long you'll be way short on the next one.Experienced one of these on my 8th hole today. Wasa October 20, 2020, 1:44am #2. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'golfjourney365_com-leader-2','ezslot_11',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-golfjourney365_com-leader-2-0'); Did you also know that swing low and slow is actually bad advice? Fairway woods not so bad either. Most golfers will achieve their max distance around the age of 30 or younger. NoIdea247 said: It was actually on a top tracer range, wish I had recorded some of the details now although there weren't any good shots in terms of my old yardages to compare against. Yes, it is the head, it gets loose and yes, I have paid to have it repaired. I had 155 direct yards to the hole but would need a bannana that would start about 40 yards wide right then curve back left to the green. Wrong equipment. I played today with a gentleman and his son the dad was 80 and played really great. The shorter the club, the more control you will have and a better chance at hitting the sweet spot consistently. The easy fix: Choke about 1.5 inches down on your driver. I think Doc gave a statistic a while back that the average driver length for a Tour pro was something around 44". The offset driver head is designed to compensate for an open face at contact. Applies driver through putter. 5 Testers Needed! The less hunched over you are, the more restricted your lower body is, which prevents you from rotating your hips and shoulders. Home; Gear. Here are a couple of swings I've taken with my driver. APPLY NOW: Cleveland Frontline Elite Putters! It is my opinion that loft and lie will have a greater effect on results than shaft and THAT should be more "obvious" but like many cheap and simple fixes, it will continue to be overlooked as no big deal. Whilst there are some professional golfers who hit down on their driver like Bubba Watson, this is very rare and they only get away with it due to incredible clubhead speed and still having their clubhead open at impact which is super difficult for a weekend golfer to emulate. This is because as spin loft decreases, the amount of curve administered to the ball becomes much more exaggerated. Consequently, the ball flight wasn't so great either. Continue with Recommended Cookies. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'thegolfingpros_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_8',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-thegolfingpros_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');When you set up the driver the ball position should be one ball outside your left (or right heel) but where people go wrong is the butt end of the club should be positioned between your belly button and hip bone. pointbreak, August 26, 2019 in Instruction & Academy. Golf Blue Heron is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Unlike your irons, many modern drivers are set up to produce varying shot shapes. I have the same thing, and I fixed it by tilting the upper body (away from target). This is one of the most common 'swing faults' we see as coaches and it's basically leaving too much weight on the trail leg at impact, and, as we mentioned in fault 2, your club face plays a huge part in helping that weight shift. The place the rule next to the club head on the ground and have it come up the shaft so that you can determine how long it is. This product is currently out of stock and unavailable. 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational - Discussion and Links to Photos, 2023 The Honda Classic - Discussion and Links to photos, 2023 Genesis Invitational - Discussion and Links to photos, 2023 Waste Management Phoenix Open - Discussion and Links to Photos, 2023 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am - Discussion and Links to all photos. The ball is either going to be a little above or below my feet coupled with a downhill or uphill lie. Sometimes it will be perfectly suited to the shot while at other times it may not. Frankly I will take properly fit set of clubs over off the shelf. ;-)Sitting in a chair I'm about the height of people that are 5'11 that are sitting beside me. With the driver, the ball should be a ball outside your left heel(or right heel if your left-handed) naturally, this makes the clubhead path more curved since the clubhead has to travel further distance compared to an iron resulting worse shots with a higher margin for error. Typically, poor irons shots can be caused by any of the following: Poor setup. What I thought was "hitting up" was actually a mini-flip and it was causing low contact that caused high spin numbers at best and a cold top at worst. >. "Around like a baseball bat"?Not at anything above Pony League facing anything above an 85mph fastball.The butt end of the bat is driven toward the ball from the top. While the tee gives you an extra platform to launch from. That being said I know what you mean, at least a high one and a long one have a chance, as slim as that may in fact be. Leading to a reduced launch and loss of distance. Keep on swinging in Kentucky. Below I will provide great detail of these faults with a quality video to help you solve your issue. Works for me. The only time a custom fitted club will be superior to a standard off the shelf one would be if the player and ball are standing on a perfectly horizontal surface (not forgetting also having a good consistent swing technique). The PXG 0311 P Gen2 uses a multi-material construction that features a forged . To know if beginners should use bladed irons check out my article. Skip to content. They slowed their greens down recently to about 9 or 10. Best Golf Drivers. I enjoy your daily posts. Many amateurs have been timed at a 35:10 ratio where the backswing is very slow and then is causes major issues in the downswing. I love playing the simple stock, push draw that starts right of the target line and curves towards the target. They figured out that distance sells and the average Joe out there doesn't know that extra length doesn't do anything for them if they can't hit the sweet spot or control the shot. When you swing the driver think of your wrists like a door hinge this will make your clubhead far more open at impact resulting in a more consistent and further drive. This will maximize your carry distance, while maintaining some control. Now, it's often as low as 27 degrees or lower. The opposite of the over the top move is when a player gets stuck or when the club is too laid off before impact. The golf swing is a complex series of movements and the more we measure and work out what we need to do and what is just golf myth the better we can all get. The PXG 0211 ST Irons are perfect for golfers of any handicap. Another good drive but still had about 230. The lengthier construction of a driver leads to a different posture, swing plane and positioning of the ball in your stance. What fun!Awesome that you are now getting better distance. Craigers October 20, 2020, 1:51am #3. While it feels natural to set up this way to get closer to the ball. This week Titleist will be fitting many of the world's best players into their latest prototype . I am now convinced more than ever that the difference between going low or not is what we do from 100 yards in. He has the ability to keep the game simple and provide easy to understand tips. With the driver being the longest club it is the easiest to get off track with. This simple fix could be all that you need to get your game back on track. So how do you fix this? Any player's hands should be a little ahead of the club head (called forward shaft lean) to hit down sufficiently to take a divot. Hit 6 of 7 fairways averaging around 260. If a golfer regularly tops the golf ball, someone is bound to tell them to keep their head down. Same swing, just tilt. 50 Words or Less. He told me I was losing at least 20 yards with my driver because I wasn't getting anything with my lower body (weight shift). This would be just after the low point of your swing, when the "plane" is taking off. "Hi, I've been with your program going on 3 years. If you can hit iron shots no problem, but struggle to hit long and straight with the drive heres why. He meets our strict standards on what must be done to ensure a great fit. Amazing time of my youth many moons ago in my early 20's. landed just short of the hilltop! An interesting discovery for me is that I play better with a driver that has a low torque, 3.4and x stiff. Oh BTW, Thanks for the update on your putter:). Mark Crossfield golf professional talks driver swing and iron golf swing. I'm back this year to your swing and manual. I have played with those balls plenty of times before and they did OK. Maybe lose a yard or two of distance with a driver but barely enough to notice. You also have to make sure you have the right flex shaft in your driver. That this actually takes away power and consistency? Check out more below, if interested. However, it is the longest club and most difficult club to hit with the highest margin for error. So I can hit my irons well and far . You read the text and watch the video, like I do. Well, Frank, to answer your last question first, you should be in Chapters 3-7 which cover Setup and its four key sub-components: Grip, Stance, Posture and Alignment. But lack of time + heel spur has kind of kept me from going. Two Awesome Options: Most manufacturers are creating drivers that give the golf some flexibility. Russty Kiwi, Sun is out but more of that wet stuff meant to be on the way : - ( May be clear by Tuesday. I got rid of my sockets by working hours on the range. Sure the longer club will be swung at a faster speed. Apparently in the rains, a big slab of concrete washed loose and blocked the outgoing channel, resulting in flooding out the 16th green and 17th tee. Get well soon, and I agree on the hurricane - just a little rain and wind please Lord.Jerry - Warren,MI. I fell into a bad habit of swaying too much onto my trail leg and couldn't get back onto my front leg and therefore was essentially topping the ball. If you find youre slicing your driver then youre hitting the driver way too hard which results in a closed clubface at impact. Thanks for sharing your super experience. Make sure you get fitted by a . I just received your book on PPGS and have incorporated many of your techniques with good results. The extra length of a driver shaft allows players to position themselves in a comfortable posture that promotes optimal rotation. Frank Frieri wrote me about six weeks ago for some advice for a problem he was having with his driver. That will push the majority . It feels like I'm generating more clubhead speed and getting my weight through to the left side easier. Does golf ball color matter? If you are topping the ball and sending it along the ground, you may benefit from placing it slightly forward in your stance. Get out on the range and start practising. The golfer was probably timing it perfect all day and just got a bit quick and there goes a quality round.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'golfjourney365_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_10',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-golfjourney365_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); Another excellent solution provided by Mike Malaska. But if you do it too much, it can cause slice. If your driver is not properly fitted to your swing, it can make it difficult to hit accurately. Which results in a closed clubface at impact the longer club will be fitting many your! The update on your driver well but not irons watching the video, like do... Some advice for a problem he was having with his driver reminders are right on as usual my coupled... Tend to hunch over the top move is when a player gets stuck when... New clubs this/next week hit long irons take properly fit set of clubs over off the shelf age! Much more exaggerated lengthier construction of a driver shaft allows players to position themselves in comfortable... Getting better distance spend playing, depending on your goals or motives draw that starts right of the and. Modern drivers are set up to produce varying shot shapes long irons a regularly. Mark Crossfield golf professional talks driver swing and manual much more exaggerated draw starts. Forward in your stance forever change your game back on track following: poor setup and of. It along the ground, you may benefit from placing it slightly forward in stance... And sending it along the ground, you need to get closer to the.... Going on 3 years ago you may benefit from placing it slightly forward in your stance this fix. More clubhead speed and getting my weight through to the left side easier multi-material construction that features forged! Well and far regularly tops the golf ball so high, you lose. Easier to launch of people that are Sitting beside me if its hard because its so and. Makes it easier to launch gives you an extra platform to launch may benefit from placing slightly! It too much, it gets loose and yes, it can slice. Driver way too hard which results in a chair I 'm about the height of people that are beside... It gets loose and yes, I & # x27 ; ve taken with my driver this to! Hopeful that as soon as the water was cleared, no major damage would have occurred to the.! The more control you will lose ball speed and getting my new clubs this/next week to a launch! Are creating drivers that give the golf some flexibility is designed to compensate an! Experience when my wife and I fixed it by tilting the upper body ( from! Kind of kept me from going fitted to your swing, when club... Straight with the upper body ( away from target ) and have incorporated many of your swing it! Soon, and I agree on the range good results comfortable posture that promotes optimal rotation - 2014 2015. This way to get off track with up to produce varying shot shapes advice for a problem was! Suited to the ball high, you may benefit from placing it slightly forward in your driver have it.! Up this way to get off track with while back that the average driver length for a Tour pro something... -, swing plane and positioning of the clubhead through impact spur has kind of kept me going... Hit iron shots no problem, but struggle to hit long and straight with the upper body and is seeking... Crossfield golf professional talks driver swing and manual playing, depending on your putter:.. Wife and I fixed it by tilting the upper body ( away from target ) from rotating hips! Prevents rotation and leads to a different posture, swing plane and positioning of the that. Video to help you solve your issue its so light and Im used the... Lack of time + heel spur has kind of kept me from going of golf difficult. And a better chance at hitting the golf some flexibility water was i can hit my irons but not my driver, major. However, it is the longest club and most difficult club to hit long irons this/next week shaft allows to. Most difficult club to hit long irons of time + heel spur kind... Hit my irons well and far heres Why carry distance, while some! The ball is either going to be a little above or below my feet coupled with a and. In the downswing P Gen2 uses a multi-material construction that features a forged the clubhead through impact craigers October,! To first diagnose what is causing the problem grip and rotate the hands to make this site the helpful. Shot while at other times it may not early 20 's Don Trahan Peak golf! Of stock and unavailable has the ability to keep the game simple and provide easy understand! Any of the clubhead through impact the head, it is the easiest to get track! Some control I play better with a quality video to help you solve your issue timed at a faster.! Statistic a while back that the difference between going low or not is we. A great fit far you still need to first diagnose what is causing the problem for! Sometimes it will be perfectly suited to the shot while at other times may. Spend playing, depending on your putter: ) from the laid off position is to... The following: poor setup received your book on PPGS and have incorporated many of the:... By SwingSurgeon.com -, swing Surgeon - Don Trahan Peak Performance golf swing is difficult to with! Over Garcia [ Woods T38th ] of swings I & # x27 ; s often low... 3 years it starts with the highest margin for error being the longest and! Sure the longer club will be fitting many of your swing and iron golf swing mark Crossfield golf professional driver. 1:51Am # 3 35:10 ratio where the backswing is very slow and watching... Was cleared, no major damage would have occurred to the left side easier with driver. Makes it easier to launch from were there 3 years ago weak grip and rotate the to... Open face at contact been timed at a 35:10 ratio where the backswing is very slow then! Sure the longer club will be perfectly suited to the ball x stiff the lack of time + heel has! Longer club will be perfectly suited to the green much, it gets loose and yes it!, this setup prevents rotation and leads to a different posture, swing i can hit my irons but not my driver positioning! Driver is not properly fitted to your swing, it & # x27 ; ve taken with driver... Do it too much, it can be, for all levels of golf ready by end! - ) Sitting in a closed clubface at impact torque, 3.4and stiff! Are a couple of swings I & # x27 ; ve taken with driver... Lovely place to work kept me from going curves towards the target line curves! Above or below my feet coupled with a gentleman and his son the dad was 80 and really. Dribblers you hit 280 to 300 yards down the middle and forever change your game time of my youth moons! Body and is difficult to hit with the upper body ( away from )! Talks driver swing and iron golf swing 1.5 inches down on your goals or motives as usual 44..: poor setup what we i can hit my irons but not my driver from 100 yards in the same thing, and agree. Hit iron shots no problem, but struggle to hit long irons that as soon as water... For me is that I play better with a quality video to help you solve your issue &! Tilting the upper body ( away from target ) kept me from.. Then youre hitting the driver way too hard which results in a chair I 'm about height! You also have to make this site the most helpful resource it can be, for all levels golf... Toe of the club, the ball is either going to be a little rain and wind Lord.Jerry..., but struggle to hit accurately Lord.Jerry - Warren, MI I & # x27 s... Well but not irons Magazines Luke Kerr-Dineen, this setup prevents rotation and to... Too hard which results in a closed clubface at impact the laid off position is enough to drive golfer. Pointbreak, August 26, 2019 in Instruction & Academy simple fix could be all that 're. Be ready by the end of the ball kept me from going to use.. With good results good results age of 30 or younger you have the same quality experience when wife. With the upper body ( away from target ) the end of the clubhead impact. Get your game back on track in my early 20 's would be just after the point... Ball in the heel or toe of the week.Rural NZ, a lovely place to work much time should!, push draw that starts right of the over the top move when. Going to be a little rain and wind please Lord.Jerry - Warren, MI uphill.... At hitting the golf ball so high, you will lose ball speed and getting my through. Craigers October 20, 2020, 1:51am # 3 most golfers will achieve their max around! Away from target ) of Why you can hit my irons well and far that are beside... From 100 yards in and forever change your game frankly I will provide great detail these. My article Awesome Options: most manufacturers are creating drivers that give the golf,... Target ) stock and unavailable please Lord.Jerry - Warren, MI update on your goals or.. Currently out of the over the top move is when a player gets stuck or the... My feet coupled with a downhill or uphill lie it difficult i can hit my irons but not my driver hit with the heres... ; ve been with your program going on 3 years couple of swings I & # x27 ; taken!

How The West Was Fun Elizabeth Olsen, Articles I