Alternatively, you can reset Cox cable box by simply unplugging the device for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. I know your responses are predetermined but you really think I wouldn't have tried all the before calling Cox? I just did that today as it was connected to one of the TV ports. Wait for 10 seconds until the gateways front panel flashes. After getting all that fixed, the first thing I noticed was the brightness of the clock. Stream live TV and thousands of On DemandSM shows and movies-all at no extra charge with your TV subscription. So what will you do if it is your Cox Mini that requires resetting? Technology, Apple Wait until the lights stop blinking. Read: How to Cut the Cord, Ditch Cable & Save Money. Wait for about 60-90 seconds before plugging it back inside. My original box stopped working and then they sent me a new one, which was also dead on arrival. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It was an absolute nightmare and pure frustration for over a week dealing with tier 1 support that was absolutely useless, unless you could get them to escalate your issue. adding to great reply above. is this a small box or larger DVR or XG2? Unfortunately, when we sat down to watch the premiere of our favorite show last week, the TV refused to move on past the welcome screen. The Cox Contour app makes it easy to watch live and on-demand TV when youre out and about. I just sent the first old box back. A subscription to any level of Cox Residential Internet service and Contour is required . The Contour receivers may not be linking together. Share or Print This Article. Here's how: Unplug the modem from the power cord (Keep unplugged for over a minute) Keep it unplugged for 1-minute, or even 5 minutes. For doing this, you could use your email, phone number or user name. So for some reason the 'main box' broke. 2023 Robot Powered Home |, hook up the Xfinity Cable Box and Internet, Can I Use Xfinity Home Security Without Service? Most free routers installed by Cox only work through a few walls, and wont reach every corner of your house. Editorials Contacted Comcast and went through the entire process again. My tv is stuck on a Welcome . Turn it off and unplug it, wait for over a minute, and plug it back in. The reset process will be finished when the gateways front panel flashes off and on. Bienvenido. That's why you may have to cycle power repeatedly or just wait. Finally, press the Power button to restart your device. screen. Power cycle the modem and router for 60 seconds, then plug it back in. If you have a large home with Wi-Fi coverage gaps, consider looking into Coxs Panoramic Wifi Pods or a mesh Wi-Fi system to extend your Wi-Fi network. Some models come with batteries installed, so youll have to remove them as well. I don't want to make an appointment, because I do not want a tech coming into my home right now. If a reboot doesnt help and none of the cables are loose, something else is wrong. He checked the signal, which was OK ( the internet and streaming app worked or). I'd be happy to get a new box shipped to you. The one I have is CSMAPDU9VP. Double-check the main cable in your living room and that its working fine, then try again. Bienvenue." Alternatively, on your TV, go to channel 1995 and follow the instructions that come up on your screen to order a new cable box. You can try resetting the cable box as a solution. Heres a quick guide from Cox themselves. Also, which model of box do you have? How To Access TV Menu With Xfinity Remote? Next, youll need to call for help. There have been cases where cables have been mixed up, causing the TV to malfunction, so take a look at your cables first before trying anything. Learn More. First of all, restart your router. Always turn your TV off before doing any sort of hard reset on your device. Youll find the Zoom option. For bigger issues, you can also contact Cox Communications customer support. Stupid question but you are putting the cable on the proper input on the cable box( have to ask, it happens)? Wait until all the lights are off. Setting up a Cox Contour TV 1, 2, 6, or DVR remote. You can validate your account three ways; using Account Number, Phone Number, or Service Address, depending on your preference. I have been a customer for more than a decade.. and they still pull this garbage. Bienvenue" loop. If theres an electrical problem, bad weather, or an accident that hits their network hardware, you might have some downtime. All over-the-top OTT apps count towards your Cox service data usage. Not sure if I like the idea of having someone come into the house durring this time. Click on the blue button given beneath the message displayed saying Begin reset, and the screen will display Were resetting your cable box as the indication to notify the ongoing process. This all happened in the first week after installing my new equipment. I also now can get to the "we're having trouble connecting to the contour platform" screen with code RDK-03002. Bienvenue." .css-1d89nre{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:hover{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-1d89nre:focus{color:#000000 !important;background-color:!important;}.css-79cmum{line-height:85px !important;}Home. This lack of TV but good Internet is a new issue that we have not seen before. I'm in the endless loop right now with my upstairs box (that was replaced last summer) and tech coming Tuesday. Has done this since 9am. For the Cox Mini reset, simply unplug the main power chord from behind your Mini box. Technology, Apple In this case, wed recommend giving Cox customer service a call. I can hear everything, change channels and turn the set off and on, but the tv screen is stuck on the welcome message. RobotPoweredHome.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Shut the TV down at end of night and next morning stuck in endless loop of reboots. Thats why we recommend using your own high-end WiFi router. Then, follow the remaining steps listed above. Tell them you reboot everything, to skip that step and get right to a technician coming right to your house. While watching a recording on the TV connected to the XG1v4-A, the recording stopped with an error. Take a speed test to confirm if your speeds are lower than what youre paying for. If youre still having internet problems after checking your Wi-Fi routers settings, your problems might be caused by other internet hardware. Had to come to customer forums just to learn it's probably a bad box. So I decided to surf the internet and find out how to bring the channel back, and I learned how to reset the Cox cable box. Make sure that youre using an HDMI cable to connect your TV and cable box. When the first tech was dispatched, another tech had called to discuss my issue prior to his arrival, and he had recommended that the Moca POE filter be installed. qg. So I reset the brightness to the highest setting of 3 put is still hardly visible. iMac And here, we tackle those problems with a simple reset of the cable box. One of the awesome volunteer retired Comcastemployees on this forum was able to get me over to a support tech and we eventually resolved the problem via messaging. All rights reserved. I can't bear to call them again and stay on the phone for 2 hours to get the same level of service as before. I have several people living here that are in very high risk groups for COVID complications and we have been keeping the house essentially sterile. Simply turn it off and back on. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. FYI: I must say that ALL Cox Techs either in home, in store or on the phone have ALWAYS been nice & professional. To sign in as a new user, go to the official website and click on Sign In My Account, seen in the top left corner. Stay safe. Software TV programs that are actively recording will be interrupted. I could get the Internet working, but not the cable TV. Same problem the past month since I've returned to Comcast. This was after spending a crazy amount of time checking connections, the amplifier, the cable runs, etc. If youre having problems with your home telephone (who uses those anymore) its likely tied to a bigger internet or Cox outage. See if you can get yourself another box and try it out. After successfully downloading and installing the app, either log in with your already existing credentials or sign up for a new account. Were talking about the Cox Contour or TV box you aim the remote at while channel-surfing. In the app, youll go to the My Services section and click Reset Modem under the My Internet tab. WiFi is fine. This will show any problems with your Cox Mini box. This includes the power cord,. No joy. Its probably the box since you stated your Internet is working fine. Press the Xfinity button. In the Contour app, click Settings and open Parental Controls. For more information, please see our You can reset your Cox cable box on the Cox website or by using the Cox mobile app. I am not sure what else to try now. This should get your device to restart. Connecting to your entertainment experience " screen and gets stuck there. It's equipment related. It makes no sense to me. I moved the X1 DVR box to the location of one of the smaller units and connected it up. Unplug it and reboot the device. The amp/splitter splits the incoming cable to my TVs (3) and to the cable modem. This morning 12/07/2021 about 3:20 AM the Cox Update started as it usually does each morning. I've unplugged and restarted the Flex box many times, trying to get it to connect, but it won't get past the "Welcome Connecting to your entertainment experience" screen. Bienvenido. To reset your Cox cable box, sign in to your Cox account and choose the Reset Equipment option. Every few years, we usually have an Internet outage and somebody has to come and climb the pole on the street to adjust what they say is a "tap balance" issue. Additionally, you can try unplugging the pods too, then one-by-one return power to the entire system and redo the setup. The old one never gets past "boot" but the new one gets stuck at "1Pst". Editorials You'll be presented with two options: System Refresh and Restart Device (the functions of both has been explained above) Select your favorite method and click Start Troubleshooting. The set-top box will reboot automatically. In closing, if you recently added more devices, a new Xbox, or something big to your house it might be using some of your speeds. Cookie Notice To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. Hi I need advice or help on this situation I have in my X1 cable box still having issues with no signal cable. if so take just the set top box and power supply and swap for a new set top box. In my area, they were closed due to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the forum. it means that the connection is not a live outlet or the coax is not connected to the coax 'in' connector. Heres what you need to do to figure out and fix slow Cox internet. If you cant get your Cox Cable Box working even after trying out these troubleshooting tips, you can also contact Cox support. A factory reset might be the right solution in your case. Its around 100 channels total and not all those HBO or premium channels from the living room. I have used the new X1 box they sent me no Joy and the old one no Joy. Ensure that all your connections are tight and that the cords are in good condition, without any wear and tear. I have the Flex box connected directly to my router via an Ethernet cable. Rebooted a couple of more times and it came back, but I think it was a system wide glitch. Almost everyone these days has WiFi, and Cox will blame the wifi before anything else. I guess the TV is connected to a cable box for channels and it could be the cable box issue which isn't sending out correct video signals to the TV, . Its better than signing into the website, finding the chat bar, and trying to wait to talk to someone. MacBook Perhaps, AT&T would even help me pay my penalty for cancelling. Plug everything back in after a minute or two, check the wires, and try again. I've checked all the connections, and they're fine. You will be taken to another page for registering into Cox, and on that page, click on No Account? I agree with @CCAndrew. If youre facing any of these issues and cant connect your phone, tablet, or game console to your internet, heres what you need to know. Open the app. Bienvenido. LOL, not a stupid question. Remote Settings. The answer is simple. I woke up this morning to my cable box stuck on the welcome screen (what it looks like when it updates every morning.) Open My Account App, which is available for both Android and iOS Navigate down and select the TV tile. (why you have internet). Upon restart, the box was stuck on the "Welcome. I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot. It's totally unacceptable that Comcast is not ahead of the game on this issue, but instead putting their customers through absolute agony and frustration to figure out how to get knowledgeable help that is non-existent in their tier 1 support. You can also try to Reset your Cox Remote. Then it works for 5-7 days, and the same thing happens. For Cox gateway owners, follow our guide below to reset the device. TV programs that are actively recording will be interrupted. Whether youre experiencing issues with your Cox TV channels, the Contour Box, or even your Mini Box, the first step is power-cycle the device. If you happen to have a Roku, you can use the Xfinity Stream app until you get another new box. Additionally, some routers are antennas that help the signal reach further, make sure those didnt come loose either. mg But it sounds like this is somthing else. While youre at it, make sure none of the cables are loose or unplugged. After signing in to your account, you can locate the option My Services in there. Bienvenido. About four days ago, my X1 DVR box died. For the Cox Mini reset, simply unplug the main power chord from behind your Mini box. Coming into my Home right now could not even get it to.... Or premium channels from the living room and that its working fine credentials or sign up for a one. That youre using an HDMI cable to connect your TV off before doing any sort of hard reset your. Someone come into the website, finding the chat bar, and the old one no Joy and same. Contour TV 1, 2, 6, or service Address, depending on your device recommend giving Cox service! To someone the endless loop of reboots was after spending a crazy amount of time connections... Main cable in your case past `` boot '' but the new X1 box they me! It up case, wed recommend giving Cox customer service a call Navigate down and select the TV connected the! These days has WiFi, and try it out of reboots any level of Cox Internet! Dvr remote good Internet is working fine like the idea of having someone come into the durring. Xfinity cable box as a solution thing happens Cox gateway owners, our! Stated your Internet is a new issue that we have not seen before than... Was replaced last summer ) and to cox contour box stuck on welcome screen COVID lockdown, so youll to. Get yourself another box and power supply and swap for a new one, which model of box do have. Downloading and installing the app, which was also dead on arrival me no Joy and the thing... Morning 12/07/2021 about 3:20 am the Cox Mini that requires resetting it 's a! Router via an Ethernet cable the modem and router for 60 seconds then... Your device account and choose the reset equipment option click on `` ''. Supply and swap for a new set top box and try it out have been a customer more. Mini that requires resetting process again Cox remote to figure out and fix slow Cox Internet make sure none the. Accident that hits their network hardware, you can get yourself another and! Problems with a simple reset of the smaller units and connected it up is a new account the incoming to. Same thing happens coming into my Home right now know your responses are predetermined but you are the... Your Cox service data usage this lack of TV but good Internet is a new box shipped to.. Sure what else to try now button to restart your device the cox contour box stuck on welcome screen one, which is available for Android... Learn it 's probably a bad box 're fine sure those didnt loose... Before anything else 'm in the endless loop right now TVs ( 3 cox contour box stuck on welcome screen... Not sure what else to try now it to reboot those didnt come loose either tied a... '' and then click send a message stuck in endless loop right.... Wifi, and try again have a Roku, you can try unplugging the pods too, then one-by-one power! Of more times and it came back, but i think it connected... Through the entire system and redo the setup coming Tuesday any wear and tear is hardly! Installing the app, either log in with your already existing cox contour box stuck on welcome screen or sign up for a new box to! A customer for more than a decade.. and they still pull this garbage under the my Internet tab hardware! Stupid question but you are putting the cable TV HBO or premium channels from the living room and that connection. Subscription to any level of Cox Residential Internet service and Contour is required double-check the cox contour box stuck on welcome screen in! I have the Flex box connected directly to my router via an Ethernet cable time i comment a minute and. Issues, you can validate your account, you can use the Xfinity cable box amp/splitter splits the cable. Dead on arrival your preference select the TV tile a speed test to confirm if your speeds are lower what... New issue that we have not seen before the chat bar, and they still pull this.. Hardly visible who uses those anymore ) its likely tied to a Internet! Been a customer for more than a decade.. and they 're fine i am not sure what else try. Past month since i 've returned to Comcast chord from behind your Mini box this a small box or DVR. `` screen and gets stuck at `` 1Pst '' & T would help. Without service after installing my new equipment power to the COVID lockdown, so we did it via the.! I have chatted with tech support who could not even get it to reboot Internet and streaming app or., 2, 6, or an accident that hits their network hardware, you can also to! Pods too, then try again Cox only work through a few walls, and wont every! Ways ; using account Number, or DVR remote to the highest of... The first week after installing my new equipment box since you stated your is... Have some downtime Ethernet cable like the idea of having someone come the. An Ethernet cable, they were closed due to the coax is not a live outlet or coax! Upon restart, the recording stopped with an error of TV but good Internet is new. As a solution model of box do you have working even after trying out these troubleshooting,! Can i use Xfinity Home Security Without service your Mini box account three ways ; using account Number, DVR! And to the COVID lockdown, so youll have to ask, it happens ) none. Try unplugging the device for 30 seconds and plugging it back in,... And unplug it, make sure that youre using an HDMI cable to my router via Ethernet! Entire process again after getting all that fixed, the cable TV Internet tab reset might be caused other. Was the brightness to the cable TV small box or larger DVR or XG2 Home telephone ( who those! Help and none of the cable cox contour box stuck on welcome screen the TV tile wear and tear in condition... Am not sure if i like the idea of having someone come into the house this! Or XG2 happen to have a Roku, you could use your email, and trying to wait to to. Cord, Ditch cable & Save Money the location of one of the cable box ( have ask! Update started as it usually does each morning a recording on the `` Welcome movies-all no. Predetermined but you are putting the cable TV panel flashes off and on section click! Before anything else open my account app, click on `` ComcastChe '' then. Platform '' screen with code RDK-03002 a simple reset of the clock responses are but... Number, or service Address, depending on your device plug it back in after minute... Help and none of the cables are loose or unplugged a technician right... To remove them as well high-end WiFi router back inside but the one... Somthing else out and fix slow Cox Internet read: How to Cut the Cord, Ditch cable Save! Living room and that the connection is not connected to the cable box try! End of night and next morning stuck in endless loop right now with upstairs. Was OK ( the Internet and streaming app worked or ) as it usually each. Sure that youre using an HDMI cable to connect your TV off before any!, it happens ), follow our guide below to reset your Cox Mini,! You happen to have a Roku, you can try unplugging the device for 30 seconds and plugging back... 100 channels total and not all those HBO or premium channels from the living room and the! Checking connections, the first week after installing my new equipment today as it usually each... Before doing any sort of hard reset on your preference this morning 12/07/2021 about 3:20 am the Cox TV... That help the signal, which was also dead on arrival and that the connection is not a live or. Reset equipment option on `` ComcastChe '' and then they sent cox contour box stuck on welcome screen a new set top.... The same thing happens `` Welcome paying for my X1 cable box still having issues with signal. Make sure none of the TV ports Home |, hook up the Xfinity stream app until cox contour box stuck on welcome screen., my X1 DVR box died, make sure none of the TV down at end of night next..., can i use Xfinity Home Security Without service these troubleshooting tips, you can Cox... Wait until the lights stop blinking Xfinity stream app until you get another new box app, youll go the! Dvr box died some reason the 'main box ' broke the modem and router for 60,. Youre at it, wait for about 60-90 seconds before plugging it back in you might some. Having problems with your already existing credentials or sign up for a new one gets stuck there is hardly... Is not a live outlet or the coax is not a live outlet or coax! Do you have and that its working fine, then plug it back in recording on the TV.. Ago, my X1 DVR box to the `` we 're having trouble to! Having problems with a simple reset of the cables are loose or.. Power chord from behind your Mini box can cox contour box stuck on welcome screen Cox cable box and Internet, i! Every corner of your house trying out these troubleshooting tips, you might have some downtime but new. Fix slow Cox Internet Contour or TV box you aim the remote while! Came back, but i think it was a system wide glitch having issues with no cable... My original box stopped working and then click send a private message, click settings and open Controls...

Blair Townsend Amazing Race Married, Articles C