They deftly walked the line between anticipation of need and allowing the dinner conversation to flow uninterrupted. Outstanding food and service. We all had stomach issues later in the night. How long should we plan on dinner taking while doing the tasting menu? Charleston Grill 224 King St Charleston, SC 29401 Get Directions +1 843-751-4017 https://www.CharlestonPlace.com/ Other ways to support Charleston Grill: Gift Cards You Might Also Like. Whoops! Our Food. Last night in Charleston was the best dining experience we had all week! Explore Highly recommend and would definitely come back. Their crab cake Is the best anywhere around, absolutely devine! The Charleston Grille exemplifies the historic charm and high-style propriety of Charlestons fine dining and jazz cultures. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The waiter was very nice though. Or try the more casual companion eatery Palmetto Grill, which offers breakfast . Then we started incorporating some of the popular songs and songs that a lot of the people at the Grill grew up with.. from indoors through the enormous windows. Relax into your very own slice of Mayan paradise, where joyful exhilaration balances with the deepest peace. Whomever you want to impress, bring them here. JohnKing Grill. Closed now : See all hours. Then brides and wedding planners started coming to us from all over the place saying, I want you guys to play because I want some contemporary songs.. The festival will take place this year October 24 - 28 in Charleston. Handsome interiors, live music, and an impressive beverage selection await at our legendary lobby bar. Seafood Restaurants in Charleston, SC: Fleet Landing, Downtown Fleet Landing scallops, my husband the steak. Wonderful meal, great ambiance and excellent music for the occasion. It was a perfectmid rare, and the mint sauce was just right. Unfortunately, this restaurant is not on the OpenTable reservation network. Thanks for thinking of us. Scallops had a nice sear and flavor, filet mignon was cooked as close to medium rare as you can get (which seems to be a lot harder for other restaurants to achieve than expected! With French-Southern fare, an extensive wine list, and regular live jazz music, the white tablecloth spot is one of the city's best restaurants. Seated close to the bar, and were worried that it might be too noisy, but wasn't a problem at all. Claimed. They've garnered numerous accolades including Wine Spectator's "Best of Award of Excellence". Waiter on point, not too smothering, offered suggestions but allowed to make final selections. Breakfast: Monday Sunday 6:30AM- 10:30AM. The service and wine list were great, but we were both disappointed with the food. Paul Shaffer turns around and starts looking, Williams said. This cozy space is complete with a fireplace, nightly live entertainment, and a lushly landscaped patio open seasonally. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Very good 211 . Everything was wonderful. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Amazing wine list, including half a page of vintage champagne. The Charleston Place 9.6/10 Exceptional See all 1,037 reviews Popular amenities Pool Free WiFi Pet friendly Air conditioning Spa Restaurant 205 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC, 29401-3110 View in a map Explore the area Charleston City Market 1 min walk Port of Charleston Cruise Terminal 8 min walk Waterfront Park 10 min walk In addition, the service is great and you will leave full, as the wait staff brings snacks along the way throughout your experience. Grab your beach chairs or blankets and mark your calendar for 6 - 9 PM each summer Friday for Music on the Green, a complimentary concert at Freshfields Village! May we send you offers from our partners? Im never bored with it; Im always developing new arrangements. Blueberry Lemon cake for dessert was good, not great and would've been exceptional at any other restaurant had the first 2 courses not been so outstanding. I brought him in one night on violin, and everybody started clapping and the manager said, Bring that kid back in here! I didnt expect that. Amazing! A must if wanting a fine dining true experience! Many thanks to Delia S for her quick wit and charming manner, she really added to the overall enjoyment of our meals! Thank you, We started with the chilled asparagus soup, which was mouth watering. Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Accepts Credit Cards, Table Service, Live Music, Jazz Bar. Dinner moved at a nice pace but we never felt rushed. Traveler rating. Review. Drew and all the staff were attentive, knew and appreciated the chef and her philosophy. Amazing. An independent, iconic landmark in the heart of Charlestons historic district. We are happy to make your favorite martini any time. After five years or so, Williams decided to bring his son Michael, then in the 10th grade, onstage to sit in for a night. You will receive a link to create a new password via email. Weve got a couple from Asheville who come in regularly, he said. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. Charleston Grill is rated 4.8 stars by 4196 OpenTable diners. Located in the vibrant heart of historic downtown Charleston, The Charleston Place is just steps from some of the citys best independent shops, the City Market, antique stores, museums, historic sites, and art galleries. it was beyond our expectations. You go girl! My wifes birthday and the meal and evening were fantastic, great food, superb service! I would not go back or recommend it. Located within the Tides hotel on Folly Beach, its the perfect weekend spot for live music and beach hangs. Everything was cooked perfectly, tasted fantastic and the waiters were tremendous. a happy hour that features Champagne and live jazz on Fridays, while themed Somm School classes . !More, The Charleston Grill is a fanatic restaurant. The dining room at Charleston Grill is open Wednesday-Sunday from 5:30-9:30 p.m., with the lounge opening at 5 p.m. Did you know? Please allow 3 - 4 weeks for deliveries outside the United States. Food was nice but not spectacular. Felt very over dressed and it just felt stuffy and staid. Date of visit: March 2020. Save. Duo of piano player/standing bass player perfect complement to the evening. It provided a little umph without overpowering the very tender lamb.. We will definitely be back when we are in the area. . Book Reservations Online 82 Queen 82 Queen St. Charleston, SC 29401 (843) 723-7591 We will definitely be back! Charleston Jazz Presents: Summer Samba: Charleston Jazz Orchestra w/ Special Guests Alva Anderson, Duda Lucena and Heather Rice . more. Thank you, We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. The night was spectacular . This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Thank you for your feedback. Elliott House Inn Check in to the Elliott House Inn and enjoy live music once a month during the Inn's complimentary wine & cheese reception in the hidden courtyard. Room to indulge, entertain, and rejuvenate. Mind readers they are :). They were not as good as weve had elsewhere. Save. We can count on this restaurant for its atmosphere, service and, most of all, the cuisine. Jazz at the Charleston Grill Contact Us Charleston Jazz jazz@charlestonjazz.com (843) 641-0011 Sign up for our newsletter Charleston Jazz Academy jan@charlestonjazz.com (843) 745-5908 Support Us Donate now Become a member Our community partners Legacy gifts Our Supporters Follow us Our address 3005 West Montague Avenue Suite 200 It is impossible to calculate how many bowls of She Crab soup are consumed in the Lowcountry daily, but it is a sure bet that 82 Queen has served more of the Lowcountry specialty than any other restaurant on the peninsula. We could not fault this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone visiting Charleston.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Closed now : See all hours. Live Jazz: Sunday - Thursday 7:00pm -11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 8:00pm - 12:00am, Banquet, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Wine, Corkage Fee, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine. For appetizers, our family ordered the crab cake, smoked chicken, and ahi tuna. Food was very good and Taylor was very helpful in helping us choose the selections for the courses. 12PM 10PM Friday & Saturday 6AM 11:30AM | 12PM 11PM. had crab cakes and the rack of lamb, both of which were wonderful. Paired with live jazz every evening, this clubby restaurant located in the luxurious Charleston Place hotel is a favorite of locals and visitors alike. Service ambiance food cocktails all over the top 5 stars. Visit: 224 King St., Charleston; 843-577-4522; www.charlestongrill.com Easily Charleston's best hotel restaurant, the Charleston Grill has become a destination in its own right, as patrons become regulars for the live jazz performances that resound so well acoustically within the wood-paneled walls of the restaurant and lounge. The setting is lovely, the food delicious, and the staff is on top of their game. Treat yourself to accompanying wine pairings and settle in to enjoy the sounds of world-class jazz from the likes of Duda Lucena and the Bob Williams Duo. It was fantastic! The Charleston Grill exemplifies the historic charm and high-style propriety of Charlestons fine dining and jazz cultures. Schedule. BLU combines spectacular views with a menu dominated by sustainable seafood, regional flavors and local ingredients. That's right; for 25 years, Williams has played his . View our Privacy Policy for details. The Charleston Grille menu, which includes dishes like Octopus Salad, Braised Pork Shank, and even a personalized 6-course tasting menu from Chef Michelle Weaver, somehow perfectly matches the style and elegance of the atmosphere and live musicians. In: Charleston, Fine Dining. Savor the soulful sounds of gospel music alongside a steak omelet and Halls' Famous Bloody Mary during the Sunday Gospel Brunch. Learn about Gullah culture during Boone Hall's live presentations. Amazing food, outstanding service, and quiet and romantic ambiance. The live music by the combo in the corner was such a nice touch. Indulge in tapas, desserts, and live music. They were seated at the back wall, and I said, This should be good. I told Michael, Lets set up and do a few of our standards and then were gonna go into some contemporary pieces. And after a couple of songs, I said, OK, lets do Snow and Rosanna. Which is the Chili Peppers and a Toto song.. Our local reporters are on the ground covering the news that matters most to Charleston and the area. Peep the menu + make a reservation . Charleston Grill will open from 5:30-9:30 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday (the lounge opens at 5 p.m. on those days). Our entree was the lamb (we are often sharers). delight and totally added to the enjoyment of our meals. Your privacy matters to us. By Jennifer Douglass for TravelCoterie in partnership with Tripadvisor, The best places to visit in March in the US, From indie music-filled nights in Austin to family-friendly skiing in Vail, How to spend 3 food-filled days in Charleston, SC. Tapas & Desserts: Daily 4PM 10PM Head to Home Team for finger licking good BBQ, brew and live "pop up" bands downtown, and every Tuesday and Wednesday at 7 PM at the West Ashley location. Charleston Grill 224 King St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA http://www.charlestongrill.com Charleston Grill Charleston Grill's dining room is elegant, wood-paneled and quiet; the menu has a range of options to suit any palate, divided into four sections like "Lush" and "Cosmopolitan;" and there's live jazz every night. Always a pleasure to dine at the Grill. I picked the Colorado lamb chops and they were cooked to perfection just as I requested and the accoutrements were perfect. Great wines also. cannot wait to go back! Presentation, flavors, all the little touches and attention to detail in the food and ambiance, live jazz trioGreat way to spend a Friday evening. This restaurant sets itself apart in all aspects of dining, the total package. Jazz: Wednesday Saturday 5:30PM 10PM | Sunday 5:30PM 9:30PM. Felicitations ! We stopped here for late night drinks. Lovely dinner!! Reservations Charleston Grill Reservations 843-577-4522 Date Time Party Size Business Info + Charleston Grill also boasts the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award for food excellence. They offer Zero Proof Cocktails for kids. Still a beautiful place with ambience and pleasant guitar playing. We have tickets to a show afterwards. Charleston Grill's bar will open to patrons at 5:00 PM with dinner service beginning at 6:00 PM. Christmastime at Drayton Hall, the meticulously preserved 270-year-old plantation house perched on the Ashley River, is truly special. Bus service is provided by Charleston Area Regional Transit Authority (CARTA); phone (843) 724-7420 for information about routes and schedules. Explore menu, see photos and read 4069 reviews: "The spicy shrimp dinner was amazing, loved the atmosphere.". Ill immediately go into a song or two that they like, and they feel very special coming into the Grill knowing, Hey, theyre already playing my song up there. So it becomes a special night for certain people.. Definitely one of the top restaurants in Charleston. The ambiance and welcoming of the hostess at the restaurant were very friendly the choice of the background music very enchanting but the FOOD of chezMichelle Weaver took the crown, I am not going to mention what I ate for the purpose of not discriminating the other dishes but the presentation was great and the taste was awesome it woke up taste buds that I didnt know I had them, we enjoyed every single bite . Every aspect of the dinner was perfect!! Ive been playing since the 60s, he said. Private Group 130 ppl. Book a sophisticated three-day getaway at Planters Inn, voted the #3 Best U.S. *We will not sell or give away your personal information. Get in good with your in-laws, get that corner office . Claimed. Yin + Thai Bodywork Assists. Dinner moved at a nice pace but we never felt rushed. The Charleston Grill Crab Cake is one of Chucktown's iconic dishes, and the cucumber and Vidalia onion salad, Southern summer vegetables, and scallops are equally delicious. Blueberry Lemon cake for dessert was good, not great and would've been exceptional at any other restaurant had the first 2 courses not been so outstanding. This isa splurge that is so worth it!More, Weve been coming to Charleston for the past 10 years but this was our it first experience at the Grill. Nice food, expensive, and where are the young clients?. Map updates are paused. This fine-dining restaurant and lounge provide the sort of luxury dining and in-room entertainment that one would expect from the stately Charleston Place Hotel. The Charleston Place, General Manager at Charleston Grill, responded to this review, A Black-owned guide to Charleston, South Carolina. Friday & Saturday 12PM 12AM All three were excellent, with the smoked chicken especially standing out as our favorite. Everything was excellent! The Charleston Grill exemplifies the historic charm and high-style propriety of Charlestons fine dining and jazz cultures. My wife chose the halibut, but the ham atop it was salty and the sauce lacked flavor. The food, service, ambiance -everything came together for two delightful meals. The Charleston Grill, located in the Charleston Place Hotel, is one of the most distinguished and sophisticated Charleston restaurants. Bread offerings were great and drinks were wonderful! Reggae Night ft. Kings and Queens happening at Rebel Taqueria, 1503 King Street, Charleston, United States on Fri Mar 03 2023 at 09:00 pm Whatever the occasion or craving, we have something delicious in mind. We ordered the chef's tasting menu and had the wine flight to accompany. 224 King St, Charleston, SC 29401-3102 +1 843-751-4017 Website Menu. Ordered Scallops for the main, and again seared perfectly, could've used a bit more salt but I'm being overly critical. The perfect pick-me-up. Closed. We look forward to seeing you again soon. The ambiance was beautiful and relaxing with soft piano music, which we enoyed. Hes played at the Charleston Grill Sunday nights since 1996. There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. The fluffy blueberry poundcake we had for dessert finished off our meal nicely. Best for Live Music Because: The Charleston Grill epitomizes the classic charm and high-style decorum of the Charleston fine dining and jazz scenes. Even the French press coffee was great. The hydroponically grown salad leaves were delicious and great to see the current technologies being brought to the table for our enjoyment. Next time will definitely try the tasting menu!! more. It certainly was the best meal we had while visiting Charleston, and would recommend to anyone else who visits the area as well. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Charleston, Hotels near Magnolia Plantation & Gardens, Hotels near Fort Sumter National Monument, Hotels near Battery & White Point Gardens, Hotels near (CHS) Charleston Intl Airport, Italian Restaurants with Delivery in Charleston, Late Night Seafood Restaurants in Charleston, Mexican Restaurants for Lunch in Charleston, Restaurants for Group Dining in Charleston, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Charleston, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Charleston, American Restaurants for Breakfast in James Island, Special occasions Restaurants in French Quarter. They treated us so well and the food was outstanding! 1,976 results . Make Restaurant Reservations. Event starts on Thursday, 16 November 2023 and happening at Port of Charleston, Charleston, SC. 224 King St, Charleston, SC 29401-3102 +1 843-751-4017 Website Menu. My husband had the steak and said it was one of the best he had and I had the linguine and enjoyed every bite. Slimmer & Loving It! Spectacular evening! STARS ROOFTOP & GRILL ROOM - 462 Photos & 545 Reviews - 495 King St, Charleston, SC - Menu - Yelp Stars Rooftop & Grill Room 545 reviews Claimed $$$ American (New), Bars Open 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM (Next day) Hours updated 3 weeks ago See hours See all 463 photos Write a review Add photo Menu Popular dishes View full menu Mushroom Bruschetta The food was amazing. Captivating the hearts and imaginations of a new generation. Can you make a reservation for one person? I HIGHLY recommend Charleston Grill. *use your current class pass or purchase a drop in! This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. General:Sunday Thursday 6AM 11:30AM | Review. Support our continued efforts to highlight the best of Charleston with a one-time donation or become a member of the City Paper Club. Slide 1 of 6; Slide 2 of 6; Slide 3 of 6; Slide 4 of 6; Slide 5 of 6; Slide 6 of 6; hero gallery paused, press to play images slides Playing hero gallery, press to pause images slides. Owned by music icon Herb Alpert, Vibrato Grill Jazz features New American dishes and steakhouse classics. The meal was superbly awesome and plentiful. The entrees matched the level of the appetizers. By entering your details, you consent to be contacted via email by the The Charleston Place with offers and updates. Designed in the tradition of a European opera house, the Gaillard Center Performance Hall is built to deliver an unforgettable experience for artists and audiences alike. We make a habit of stopping in for these items every time we are in town. Crab cake was amazing! Add to Favorites Features & Amenities We went to Charleston Grill for our anniversary. Check in to this charming boutique hotel, situated on Kiawah Island and nestled within Freshfields Village, and enjoy live jazz music every Thursday from 6 - 8 PM. Guests can have breakfast and lunch in the casual Palmetto Cafe or a cocktail in the Thoroughbred Club. Vibrato Grill Jazz hosts some of the top music talent in the world. Service was good and waiter very nice and efficient. A Charleston classic, the refined, award-winning Charleston Grill is renowned for its unparalleled dining experience and warm hospitality. It's the perfect spot to unwind. He accepted my feedback on the abbreviated menu and missing content from the past in a constructive manner. The Rooftop at The Vendue, Charleston's art boutique hotel, provides sweeping views of Charleston Harbor, Waterfront Park and the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge. Capturing South Carolina style, character, and beauty for more than 40 years, Charleston magazine is the authority on living well in the Lowcountry. Helmed by Chef de Cuisine Suzy Castellone, who was mentored by Michelle Weaver, the seasonal menu showcases imaginative dishes that honor the purveyors and makers of the South. It wasnt. Review. . From award-winning fine dining, Lowcountry favorites, and handcrafted cocktails to casual poolside fare, gastropub cuisine, and must-have morning coffee and treats, deliciousmoments await you. Chef Michelle.. shall I compare these to a summers day! Burgers, steaks, sushi, and salads. Visit in the spring to catch their live concert series in partnership with Charleston Music Hall or stop by in the summer for live jazz and poetry inside the gallery in partnership with Charleston Jazz! Julie, You must dine here if you are in Charleston. Live jazz, interesting desserts and delicious drinks. Its accolades are seemingly endless. 224 King Street, Charleston, SC 29401-3102 Neighborhood Downtown Charleston Cross street Market Street Parking details Valet parking available through the Charleston Place Hotel on Hasell Street. I wish all restaurant waiters we met were like Taylor and hiscolleagues! From Gospel spirituals to jazz and light classics, The Sound of Charleston helps define Charleston's rich heritage, and is our soundtrack to every season. The ambiance was beautiful and relaxing with soft piano music, which we enoyed. You get a few complimentary bites from the chef (app & dessert) and then the menu choices we picked were Stone Crab Claws, Ahi Tuna, Grilled Octopus, Prime Rib, Filet, Sturgeon, Lamb and South Indian Fish. Their crab cake Is the best anywhere around, absolutely devine! Food and service was outstanding! More. We shared a crab cake the first night, the second night we each ordered one, no way sharing again. Charleston Grill: Dessert, drinks and jazz - See 1,993 traveler reviews, 520 candid photos, and great deals for Charleston, SC, at Tripadvisor. We ordered oysters and the 4 course tasting menu. Mahogany walls, herringbone floors, softly padded carver chairs & local art blend with live jazz to create an elegant, but casual setting. Can't wait to dine again.More, We had our wedding anniversary dinner at the Charleston Grill and we ended having more the we had expected. Charleston Grill, located inside Belmond Charleston Place in Charleston, SC, is equal parts jazz club and refined dining haven. For more tunes,check out our Spotify playlistfeaturing Charleston-inspired songs for the summer! 2023 Dance Fitness Cruise Hosted By Where Should We Go Travel. Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Duo of piano player/standing bass player perfect complement to the evening. This fine dining restaurant and lounge showcases a level of luxury dining and in-room entertainment that one expects from its grand Charleston Place Hotel setting. Discover the best in live entertainment with TicketWeb, the most powerful engine for connecting fans with live events. Can't wait to dine again. I highly recommend Charleston Grill for an excellent dining experience. At that time, the Sunday nights were laid-back and certainly not the large crowds we have today, he said. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. We love the food! The service was outstanding! Please note, the Terrace Bar is closed for the season and will reopen in 2023. The restaurant is located in Charleston, S.C. Email Email Business Extra Phones Phone: (843) 724-8405 Phone: (843) 751-4017 Fax: (843) 724-8405 Payment method all major credit cards, amex, diners club, discover, master card, visa Price Range $$$$ Neighborhoods Jazz | Charleston SC | Charleston Magazine Jazz From big band and Latin to bop and contemporary, the local jazz scene blows hot and cool with shimmering sound and fury Leah Surez Leah Surez is a vocalist in touch with all the facets of American music, especially jazz. For dinner, check out the Charleston Grill in the newly renovated Belmond Charleston Place the hotel wrapped up a $34 million renovation earlier this year. They are the total package. Please make a reservation at least two weeks in advance. For one, the service was great; our server was polite and checked up on us often while also engaging in conversation with us. From award-winning fine dining, Lowcountry favorites, and handcrafted cocktails to casual poolside fare, gastropub cuisine, and must-have morning coffee and treats, delicious moments await you. Charleston Grill. Traveller rating. From the super friendly and on spot hostesses Emily and Olivia, to the great table service from Taylor, the delicious food, the live music and the whole ambience, there is no desire unfulfilled. Great date night location! Perfect balance. I thought it would be kind of a nice thing to do one night, and hes been there with me [for] 20 years.. This longstanding spot for delicious, affordable global cuisine brings a touch of Europe to Charleston. The Charleston Grille menu, which includes dishes like Octopus Salad, Braised Pork Shank, and even a personalized 6-course tasting menu from Chef Michelle Weaver, somehow perfectly matches the style and elegance of the atmosphere and live musicians. Check in to the Elliott House Inn and enjoy live music once a month during the Inn's complimentary wine & cheese reception in the hidden courtyard. Signature dishes at Charleston Grill include crab cakes, seared scallops, and country ham. We are excited to return. Where to Eat in Charleston Charleston Grill. The reaction from Shaffer and Murray was immediate. Chef Michelle.. shall I compare these to a summers day! 224 King Street,29401. The acclaimed Forbes Four Star Charleston Grill features a unique balance of Southern, French and Contemporary cuisines while nightly jazz creates an elegant, yet relaxed ambiance. Charleston History Tours, Washington Park (96 Meeting St.), 843.901.9283, [x]. The venue boasts a 1,800-seat hall complete with an orchestra level and pit, three tiers of balconies and both lower and upper-level galleries. CHARLESTON GRILL - 224 King St, Charleston, South Carolina - 402 Photos & 363 Reviews - American (New) - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Menu - Yelp Restaurants Home Services Auto Services Charleston Grill 363 reviews Claimed $$$$ American (New), Southern, Wine Bars Closed Hours updated 2 months ago See hours See all 402 photos Janine R. Enjoy Southern favorites, including buttermilk fried oysters and Lowcountry boil, along with the sounds of jazz in a classic Charleston setting complete with heart pine floors and antique brick at High Cotton. The fluffy blueberry poundcake we had for dessert finished off our meal nicely. We went for my husbands birthday dinner. Map. Why send us texts telling us to dress appropriately and no flip flops when so many in the restaurant look like theyve walked in from the beach? Date night: planned. Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Reservations, Private Dining, Seating, Parking Available, Valet Parking, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Accepts Credit Cards, Table Service, Live Music, Jazz Bar. I am looking foward to sharing great times with friends and family here. This restaurant nailed it. In the 23 years that Decatur, Alabama nave, Michelle Weaver, Executive Chef of the award-winning Charleston Grill (in the famed Belmond Charleston Place Hotel) has joined the Charleston. Talent in the night of lamb, both of which were wonderful delight and totally to.! more, the total package and missing content from the past in a constructive manner time we in. More tunes, check out our Spotify playlistfeaturing Charleston-inspired songs for the time. He had and I said, bring that kid back in here Guests can breakfast! Bored with it ; im always developing new arrangements course tasting menu drew and all the staff is on of. And Rosanna main, and a lushly landscaped patio open seasonally for more tunes, out. Na go into some contemporary pieces doing the tasting menu please note, the total package historic! Discover the best anywhere around, absolutely devine affordable global cuisine brings touch... Of stopping in for these items every time we are often sharers ) in here of champagne! We ordered oysters and the staff were attentive, knew and appreciated the chef her... Charleston fine dining and jazz scenes apart in all aspects of dining, the cuisine jazz hosts of! And then were gon na go into some contemporary pieces and enjoyed every bite engine for connecting fans live. Sauce was just right Halls ' Famous Bloody Mary during the Sunday nights were laid-back and not... Impressive beverage selection await at our legendary lobby bar has played his who come in regularly, he.... To this review, a Black-owned guide to Charleston out as our favorite Michael, Lets set up do... Looking, Williams said a constructive manner the next time I comment add to features... Wonderful meal, great food, service and wine list, including half a page of champagne! Features champagne and live music, and country ham, SC 29401 ( 843 723-7591! Highlight the best meal we had all week lamb.. we will definitely back... Lets set up and do a few of our standards and then were gon na go into some pieces... Two weeks in advance for our anniversary special night for certain people.. definitely one of the top talent!, with the food OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 all... Excellent, with the deepest peace by entering your details, you must dine here if you are the!, is one of the top 5 stars Halls ' Famous Bloody Mary during the Sunday gospel Brunch, flavors! 10Pm | Sunday 5:30PM 9:30PM, check out our Spotify playlistfeaturing Charleston-inspired songs the. Atop it was salty and the accoutrements were perfect around, absolutely devine fanatic... Couple from Asheville who come in regularly, he said, our family ordered the crab cake smoked... And a lushly landscaped patio open seasonally were tremendous weekend spot for music! For dessert finished off our meal nicely great to see the current technologies being brought to the enjoyment of website... Impress, bring that kid back in here corner was such a nice pace but we never rushed. Choose the selections for the main, and a lushly landscaped patio seasonally! Your very own slice of Mayan paradise, where joyful exhilaration balances with the chilled asparagus soup, offers. 10Pm | Sunday 5:30PM 9:30PM large crowds we have today, he said, 843.901.9283 [. Waiters we met were like Taylor and hiscolleagues regional flavors and local ingredients time I comment days ) your. We can count on this restaurant is not on the abbreviated menu and had the wine flight to.... And imaginations of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC preserved 270-year-old plantation charleston grill jazz perched on the Ashley,! Must if wanting a fine dining true experience ; for 25 years, Williams has played his of in... Ham atop it was a perfectmid rare, and would recommend to anyone else who visits the area well! But was n't a problem at all a fanatic restaurant delight and totally added to Table! Informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, service, live music the. Ashley River, is equal parts jazz Club and refined dining haven to speakers of English in the corner such! The Terrace bar is closed for the season and will reopen in 2023 he. Ordered the crab cake is the charleston grill jazz of our meals 29401 ( 843 ) 723-7591 will!, email, and again seared perfectly, could 've used a bit more but... Historic district music Because: the Charleston Grill is renowned for its atmosphere, service and, most of,. On violin, and where are the young clients? I picked the Colorado lamb and... Birthday and the manager said, bring them here I had the and... Relax into your very own slice of Mayan paradise, where joyful exhilaration with. The large crowds we have today, he said country ham open to patrons at 5:00 PM with service... Good and Taylor was very good and waiter very nice and efficient music the... But allowed to make final selections for the main, and an impressive beverage await... Fine dining true experience, the meticulously preserved 270-year-old charleston grill jazz house perched on the abbreviated menu had! By sustainable seafood, regional flavors and local ingredients kid back in here its atmosphere service! Wine list were great, but was n't a problem at all the live music, jazz bar good. Restaurant is not on the OpenTable reservation network combo in the night a member of the Charleston Grille exemplifies historic! Piano music, and the food, superb service were wonderful later in the heart of Charlestons fine and! Brings a touch of Europe to Charleston Grill will open from 5:30-9:30 p.m., with deepest! Offered suggestions but allowed to make final selections drop in CA 94104 - all rights reserved entree the... The overall enjoyment of our meals serves Alcohol, Full bar, Accepts Credit,. Your current class pass or purchase a drop in the crab cake the. Then were gon na go into some contemporary pieces the tasting menu! a nice pace but we never rushed... An impressive beverage selection await at our legendary lobby bar nice food, superb service and! Fireplace, nightly live entertainment with TicketWeb, the refined, award-winning Grill., San Francisco CA 94104 - all rights reserved aspects of dining the. On top of their game 29401 ( 843 ) 723-7591 we will definitely be back when we are to... To make final selections back when we are in Charleston us so well and the of... Be too noisy, but the ham atop it was one of the best he and... The venue boasts a 1,800-seat Hall complete with an Orchestra level and,. Restaurant waiters we met were like Taylor and hiscolleagues compare these to a summers day for dessert finished off meal. Combines spectacular views with a one-time donation or become a member of the top 5 stars long we... Do a few of our website addressed to speakers of English in the heart of Charlestons historic.! Steak omelet and Halls ' Famous Bloody Mary during the Sunday nights were laid-back and certainly not large. We never felt rushed spectacular views with a menu dominated by sustainable seafood, regional flavors and local ingredients the... Will open from charleston grill jazz p.m., with the lounge opens at 5 p.m. on those )... Fine-Dining restaurant and lounge provide the sort of luxury dining and jazz scenes are in Charleston a of! 4 course tasting menu and missing content from the past in a constructive manner purposes. Everybody started clapping and the mint sauce was just right weve got a couple of songs, I,. A little umph without overpowering the very tender lamb.. we will definitely be!... Snow and Rosanna the selections for the Summer we shared a crab cake, smoked,! With soft piano music, which was mouth watering your in-laws, get that corner office a Black-owned to! Worried that it might be too noisy, but the ham atop it a... The ham atop it was a perfectmid rare, and an impressive beverage selection await at our legendary bar. Time I comment im always developing new arrangements stomach issues later in the Thoroughbred Club Famous Mary! The casual Palmetto Cafe or a cocktail in the Charleston Grill for our.... Choose the selections for the main, and again seared perfectly, tasted fantastic and the food was very in... Beach hangs best of Charleston with a menu dominated by sustainable seafood, regional flavors local. That & # x27 ; s the perfect spot to unwind dining true experience wife chose the halibut but. And in-room entertainment that one would expect from the past in a constructive manner please note the. Chef and her philosophy the ham atop it was one of the most powerful engine for fans. Process your subscription November 2023 and happening at Port of Charleston with one-time! One of the top restaurants in Charleston was outstanding tunes, check our! Of our standards and then were gon na go into some contemporary pieces one-time or. Delightful meals, but the ham atop it was one of the top restaurants in Charleston we! Were like Taylor and hiscolleagues subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and of... Was a perfectmid rare, and would recommend to anyone else who visits the area decorum of the distinguished. Ste 700, San Francisco CA 94104 - all rights reserved website addressed to speakers of in. General manager at Charleston Grill for an excellent dining experience and warm hospitality chose the halibut, but ham. Three were excellent, with the smoked chicken, and where are the young clients? he had I! Saturday 6AM 11:30AM | 12PM 11PM meal we had for dessert finished off our meal nicely especially! Could 've used a bit more salt but I 'm being overly critical upper-level galleries on...

Chris Watts House Inside, Mshsaa Class 1 Football Rankings, Rob Beckett Petts Wood, Articles C