A spiritual director will accompany you with presence and conversation as you explore your interior life: prayer, forgiveness, interaction with a faith community, discernment, your understanding of interior movement toward or away from God. My wife, Jane, and I love the local church, have a passion for unity in the Body of Christ and to help pastors, leaders and academics walk in humility and grace. Divine Mercy University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award masters and doctorate degrees. In my spare time, I love to read, walk, play racquet sports, dream with my wife and spend time with our children and grandchildren. The church was conservative Christian in its teaching, with lots of "do's and don'ts," so I learned early to try to be very good so that God would be pleased with me. Ive been involved in various church ministries and Bible teaching. Spiritual directors can provide that spiritual support for pastors or for any Christian seeking greater spiritual direction. Comment on the applicants ethical (professional/spiritual) conduct. Young Adults. Some graduates of our program proceed to earn their certification as a Spiritual Director through our partnership with the Sioux Spiritual Center. Listen a quarterly contemplative publication with a reflection on spiritual companionship, poetry, and art. The Transforming Center set me on a path of spiritual transformation, healing and growth that has helped me become a healthier Enneagram #2. Almost a decade later, I transitioned to a church in Chicago and remained under the direction of a wise Jesuit priest for seventeen years. Spiritual Direction is a soul care ministry of listening, discernment, prayer, contemplation and spiritual companionship in a confidential setting of compassion and encouragement. 9:30 am to 4:30 pm EST, Copyright19752023 | Privacy | CCPC Global Inc. To provide the avenue for qualified persons who have studied, worked and developed skills in the field of supervision of spiritual direction to receive professional recognition. My first experience of the Transforming Community was TC6. To be able to provide space to explore and express personal distress, transference or countertransference that may be brought up in the supervision. In spiritual direction, one person helps another pay attention to Gods presence. Admission Requirements All applicants to the Certificate in Spiritual Direction Program should have, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and have at least two years of receiving spiritual direction experience. United States. Areas of Interest or Specialty:Many years ago, as part of my offerings as an executive coach, I developed a unique, strong process to clarify Values, Vision, Voice. Also, I enjoy incorporating the Enneagram into sessions as God leads. Our SSD Primer gives you great preparation for our 2-Yr certificate program in spiritual direction. Have completed a recognized spiritual direction training program; Have at least two years of experience providing spiritual direction; Be faithful to spiritual direction and peer supervision in his/her own practice; and. Virginia has been engaged in ministry for over twenty-five years and offers spiritual direction, guided retreats, parish missions, parish programs, and consultation. Over the last 20 years I've gone through a major faith transition. Listing of Spiritual Directors For those seeking spiritual direction, LTI provides a listing of people who have received a Certificate of Completion of training in LTI's Selah Certificate in Spiritual Direction Program. The options for a personal spiritual practice are multiple and flexible. This led me to Sustainable Faith School of Spiritual Direction. Further background: Healing ministries have been the focus of my vocational life. I love to share about pursuing freedom and SOULWELLness. What is a Certified Spiritual Director (CSD)? My primary role with Altar is caring for pastors before, during, and after our retreats--spiritual direction is a piece of that care. Alumni Network Areas of interest or specialty:Who pastors the pastor? D. in cognitive psychology. The process requires two years because of the need to go slow and steadily in the germination of ideas and concepts that may have been hidden in life for self-protection. Click here to view. In 2013, after attending and serving in several Transforming Community experiences, I became the Executive Director of the Transforming Center. After retiring from academia, my Christian journey led me to be trained as a spiritual director in the Franciscan tradition (2013-2015) and Jesuit tradition (2020-2022). I served in full-time ministry at a megachurch for 11 years--an experience that heightened my sense of the value and necessity of spiritual direction for pastors and Christian leaders. Spiritual direction is for beginners who do not know where they are on the journey, for spiritually mature people who have reached a crisis point and need to refocus their lives, and for people who have grown weary in their obedience and seek renewal of faith and love., Spiritual direction can best be summed up as encouraging the nurture of a listening heart. If youre interested in receiving spiritual direction, please reach out to any of the spiritual directors listed here. I began spiritual direction while at the TC and have continued with the same director for 10 years. CONTRACT: Supervision sessions start with establishing the supervisees desired outcomes, agreeing to any basic ground rules or roles. Additional fees: The cost of personal spiritual direction is covered by the student.) I have a deep desire to help strengthen and sustain the souls of leaders in fresh, new ways and have credentials at the intersection of neuroscience, Christ-centered mindfulness and creative prayer practices, having completed: Areas of interest or specialty: Business people desiring to integrate their faith with their work; career transitions - discernment; the intersection of neuroscience and contemplative practice. Spiritual directors must be approved by the program director. Companioning with those who desire a deeper walk with the Lord is a sacred and profound privilege. I now journey in God's love as God shows the way! Areas of interest or specialty:Spiritual formation, transition, leadership; inner healing, shadow integration, Connie has many years of experience as a nurse, counselor, pastor and as a Spiritual Director for the past 5 years. Program participants immerse themselves in a deeply creative and nurturing environment to inquire, explore and grow who they are. While I was in TC12, I also enrolled in certification for Spiritual Direction at Perkins School of Theology at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, TX. He has served as editor for such publications as Creation Spirituality magazine and Presence: An International Journal of Spiritual Direction. Anyone who is seeking to deepen their walk with Christ. The required courses for Neumann University's Spiritual Direction certificate programs have been designed to support the program's focus of attending to manifestations of contemplative love through spiritual direction in one-to-one and peer group experiences. The Spiritual Guidance Mentor Training (SGMT) certificate was developed for individuals who wish to mentor and guide others on their Spiritual Path and/or learn more about themselves. With a wide range of experiences and training,I especially love walking with people in places and seasons where they feel alone, uncertain, stuck, or misunderstood. Will completing this program enable me to work as a spiritual director? The program provides training in spiritual direction. My goal is for spiritual directees to feel heard and accepted. Once certified, spiritual directors will be equipped to accompany others without having to rely on pre-designed formats of the Spiritual Exercises and will be able to meet the contemporary needs of each retreatant. Accompanying others in their spiritual journeys is a gift of God's grace in my life. I've translated books by Dallas Willard, Scot McKnight, NT Wright, Robert Mulholland, John Ortberg, Henry Cloud, and many more. Training: M.Div. Get a free 10-minute call with our admissions advisor to learn more about the program and how to secure your spot. At present, I like to have a free consultation for the first meeting to discern together if this is a fit, and, if not, to help a person discern who/what might be. Shes offered a collection of her own photos for us to, Who is in your Community of Care? Do you feel called to a private practice providing personal, one-on-one spiritual direction or companionship? 9:30 am to 4:30 pm EST, Copyright19752023 | Privacy | CCPC Global Inc. To provide an avenue for qualified persons who have studied, worked and developed skills in spiritual direction to receive professional recognition. Institute Retreats in a community of about 30 fellow soul shepherds, Online Classes and supervision groups (90-minutes each month), Practicum experiences to practice spiritual direction ministry and receive support from your supervisor and peers, 12 or more meetings with one of Soul Shepherdings Sr. Applications for the 2023 Fall Spiritual Direction Cohort are due September 15th 2023. Sitting with others for the purpose of listening to their life in God in spiritual direction is one of the greatest joys of my life. I also moved around the country a bit necessitating changes. I incorporate Ignatian spirituality in my individual direction sessions, as well as in retreat settings. The CCPC reserves the right to request additional information if required. Please confirm you want to block this member. I taught and mentored medical students, graduate students, and advanced high school students. Im also doing more and more work using the Enneagram (certified by the Loughriges). In 2006, I was enveloped by "the dark night of the senses" for a full six months. "Certified" spiritual directors don't exist. In January 2020, Connie retired after serving on the staff of First United Methodist Church for 26 1/2 years. I like the idea of talking and praying and encouraging one another on the path. This advanced certificate is offered only in the summers and is completed over three summers. Having been a pastor since 1990serving in three churches on two continentsI now offer spiritual direction for individuals and groups. You can connect with a member of our team via email or Zoom! Areas of Interest or Specialty:Pastors and others in ministry. Though I stayed connected to church as I grew older, I so longed to experience more of God. Once your course work is completed and your supervised practicum hours with your own directees or clients are completed, you will receive a certificate of completion for the program. My passion for spiritual direction was birthed in the early 90s during a personal crisis. I believe the fundamental desire of God and man alike is to know and to be known. Concurrently I taught Bible classes in local churches, which I still do so to this day, fulfilling my distinct divine calling to teach science and Scripture. Areas of Interest or Specialty: Walking with ministers and pastors, especially those who have a ministry as a second career; working with those in recovery. Two letters of reference are required from qualified professionals indicating the applicants personal integrity and suitability. Ignatian spirituality, spiritual but not religious, those hurt by the church (Includes pastors and families). Spiritual direction is normally carried out in the context of a one-to-one trusting relationship or a small group, explains Ellen Ratmeyer, a spiritual director and member of the Reformed Church in America. In exceptional cases individuals with a baccalaureate degree in spirituality may be considered provided they meet all the other requirements. Ignatian Spirituality, discernment, contemplative prayer, spiritual direction supervision. Although most of the spiritual directors listed are RCA members or ministers of Word and sacrament, their certification as spiritual directors is not granted through the RCA. I enjoy accompanying othersparticularly those involved in a Transforming Community experience. My professional expertise lies in the areas of worship and the arts and for fifteen years, I had the privilege of leading worship in the Transforming Center after completing Transforming Community #2. I have also co-authored Listen To My Life. Whoever you are and wherever you are from, you are welcome here. DMU Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates Learn more. Downloadables SDI is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.Tax ID: 94-3156697, PO Box 3584 | Bellevue, WA 98009 USA | 1-425-455-1565 | [emailprotected]. This must include an indication that the applicant is a communicant in good standing. Ignatian Spirituality, Contemplative Prayer, Joyce Rupps Boundless Compassion, SDI workshops, Transforming Community 15, and a Doctor of Ministry from Kairos University through SFS. Mona, Nancy and Lori are three spiritual directors in the Kansas City that also . Adhere to the established code of ethics to preserve a high standard of professionalism and to secure the clients best interest. Since completing my spiritual direction training at Selah, I have hosted numerous day retreats in my home, provided group spiritual direction and one-to-one spiritual direction. I have completed multiple Transforming Communities since 2006 (TCs 3-8, 11 & 15) both as a participant and as a ministry team member. Examples include attendance at a weekly worship service, daily meditation or prayer based on a primary faith tradition, yoga, art, journaling, and so on. The application and documentation will first be screened for eligibility for certification by an Evaluator, and then scrutinized by the CCPC Board of Examiners. I am an alum of TC 12, an experience that continues to shape my life and ministry. If you'd rather send us a check in the mail (payable to CenterQuest with "SC" in the memo line), address it to 122A E. Foothill Blvd., PMB 306, Arcadia, CA 91006. I am cited as a recommended Enneagram instructor with First Analysis Institute of Integrative Studies. They are accountable to peer supervision and continuing education courses, events and retreats. Lucinda Clark, a spiritual director in Charlotte, N.C., said that in her experience, more Black clients, including clergy members, are seeking spiritual direction after George Floyd's death. If you are interested in applying for this certification please go to the manuals page and download a copy of the CSD manual or simplyCLICK HEREand follow the steps. Certified Spiritual Director Supervisor (CSDS) A need has been expressed for excellence, competency, integrity and established professional qualifications in almost every field and discipline. Yes! My desire to respond to Gods unfolding within my everyday experiences has prompted lifelong learning, leading to a Master of Arts in Spiritual Formation, studies of the Enneagram with Jerome Wagner, and a cohort study of Spirituality for the Wisdom Years with Father Ron Rolheiser. (Note: it is required that students take both SFAD 571 & SFAD 572. You receive an acceptance letter and all that is necessary to get started. Each session will consist of a lecture and a practicum in the form of a role play or a case study. My educational background is BA in psychology, and Ph. My M.Div is from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School and my D.Min in Spiritual Formation from Northern Seminary in partnership with the Transforming Center (TC6). Spiritual Direction Certificate How to Become a Spiritual Director Posted on July 6, 2021 Being a Spiritual Director is a unique, sacred call that can be a powerful conduit of grace in people's lives, both for the person who receives spiritual direction as well as for the director him/herself. What is Spiritual Direction? Classes focus on practical skills, spiritual direction competencies and working with people of particular faith traditions. For the past 18 years my wife and I have been part of a Vineyard congregation, and I served as a staff pastor there for five years. My career journey has included stints as a stockbroker, advertising executive, marketing/strategy director and consultant to companies, nonprofits and ministries in the areas of strategy, culture and board governance. is a certified spiritual director and retreat leader in St. Paul, and has been on staff at the Benedictine Center for many years. As a lay pastor to the bereaved and a professional counselor, I found myself drawn to those who long for spiritual, emotional, and relational health. Please provide us with the following information: The CCPC reserves the right to request additional information if required. An important part of the past twenty years included . I have been involved in church ministry nearly all my life, mostly in megachurch settings, where I led and shepherded musicians and artists. Professionals, paraprofessionals and technicians have each taken up this challenge and responsibility. If you need more help or direction,contact us. The Art of Spiritual Direction professional certificate program provides a holistic formation program in the spirituality of St. Ignatius of Loyola, which integrates theology, Scripture, psychology, spirituality, skills development and supervision in the art of spiritual direction. Use the "Find a Spiritual Director" tool at Spiritual Directors . Mona Chicks CFDM Board of Directors Leadership I found myself at TC1 after a devastating diagnosis and discovered strengthening the soul of my leadership as healing grace. Formation and training continued with Clinical Pastoral Education, Inner Healing Prayer Counseling, Students meet 12 times with a qualified Spiritual Direction Supervisor to review and reflect on their practicum hours. Areas of Interest or Specialty:Doubt, church woes, enneagram, trauma informed care, Ignatian spirituality.

Big Daddy'' Roth Characters, Wichita State University Professors, Dana Scott Obituary, Ezone Uwa, Labcorp 26 Journal Square, Jersey City, Nj 07306, Articles C